Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

there is some overlap between D&D and CSPAM posters tho I bet D&D starts banning CSPAM posters for poop touching or thread leaking (i.e. disagreeing with the mods)

D&D has made it exceedingly clear that they want that overlap to narrow considerably if not disappear outright, and at this point I'm fine with them making themselves a containment zone for privileged liberals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

loquacius posted:

they're boring, it's just "ur thread is leaking again"

I don't even know who or where or why

:lol:

straight up talk to the manager poo poo

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

That's all fair with your edit. I don't mean to be an rear end, I know I get emotional defending what aught to be and I don't need to ne abrasive to allies. Doing the right thing correctly is the preferred outcome. I would just feel better if I knew that more politicians felt the same way.

I get it completely

I have been let down by everybody and it's hard to not just look at every single person running for literally any elected office as a snake and a liar at this point

don't have any heroes

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

a Loving Dog posted:

that gun you like is going to come back in style

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
maybe make d&d in to some sort of camp where victims campers can practice mental exercises, word puzzles, mental math, concentration, civics, etc., until they are ready to join polite society

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Reality Protester posted:

maybe make d&d in to some sort of camp where victims campers can practice mental exercises, word puzzles, mental math, concentration, civics, etc., until they are ready to join polite society

maybe we could identify them with some sort of mark

I'm just workshopping but how about some kind of astral symbol

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I got probed by R Guy for not posting a dog because he was reading cspam and thought it was d&d

wow thats messed up to call gjb that :prepop:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

April 1st is the worst goddamn day

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Excelzior posted:

wow please don't bring offsite drama to this thread

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Moon Shrimp posted:

I live in her district and the people here suck but that's probably everywhere

Actually the Amazon Twitter bots just found a new home.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1377712375277658113

You say you want student loan debt cancellation? well I say the stick attached to the carrot just got 10 feet longer

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/elwasson/status/1377687238532861955?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it is very important dem presidents never DO SOMETHING with their power lest it get struck down by courts and they turn back into a corncob

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Read comments on this if you want to be real mad

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1377664353017683970

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
anyone participating in a discord about the forums should be permabanned imo

You say you want student loan debt cancellation? well I say the stick attached to the carrot just got 10 feet longer

didn't they already figure this poo poo out years ago? just do it bitch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

President Bush has asked Defense Secretary Don Rumsfeld to compile a memo on the president's legal authorities to do two unjust wars of aggression

jk lol he just did it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

President Nixon has asked local goon G Gordon Liddy to compile a memo on the president's legal authorities to break into a hotel to steal information from his opponents

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

President Bush has asked Defense Secretary Don Rumsfeld to compile a memo on the president's legal authorities to do two unjust wars of aggression

jk lol he just did it

"People like you are still living in what we call the reality-based community. You believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality. That's not the way the world really works anymore. We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you are studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors, and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

though that quote is of at least semi-dubious provenance

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Mirthless posted:

like, I don't think the autonomous zone did the abolish policing discussion any favors, in the end

they tried to jump right to the end and got loving destroyed

occupy wall street also failed to accomplish meaningful change for a lot of similar reasons

you can't just show up at a protest or be part of a political movement and change everything tomorrow by sheer energy and force of will, and refusing to accept anything but what you really want (disregarding that what you really want is contrary to what many other people want) is a great way to get nothing at all

The CHAZ/CHOP thing just from the name you can tell it was a ridiculous idea - the people at the center of it had fundamentally different conceptions of what it was. An occupy-style protest camp? Or an autonomous zone? The former is just a static protest. The latter needs to attempt self-defense and self-governance and it should be pretty obvious that if you don't have a critical mass of agreeing on that, you won't ever reach the kind of group consensus you need to be effective. It's like having a group of fifty people get together to build something but ten of them think they're building a boat, ten think they're building a house, and thirty are liberal trauma tourists who don't want to build anything and will throw the other twenty to the cops no matter what.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
well he didn't say he wanted the memo to recommend it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol the memo will basically ignore everything since the Higher Education Act and make up some reason why any blanket forgiveness would need a congressional supermajority

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!

it's already clear as loving crystal that the department of education can just forgive any and all debts it holds for any or no reason at all. laid out plain as day in the higher education act of 1965. not like you even need that, because you can just say "nah I'm not gonna collect that poo poo" and be done with it. don't piss on my loving leg and tell me it's raining you senile ghoul

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it is very important dem presidents never DO SOMETHING with their power lest people expect them to do it again

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Excelzior posted:

lol the memo will basically ignore everything since the Higher Education Act and make up some reason why any blanket forgiveness would need a congressional supermajority

they're going to hunt for some ancient obscure parchment that says they can't do it because technicality

Moon Shrimp
Sep 7, 2013
Chazchop was dumb but it was wild seeing the insane police response. We had helicopters overhead 24/7 for a while.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Moon Shrimp posted:

Chazchop was dumb but it was wild seeing the insane police response. We had helicopters overhead 24/7 for a while.

cops love any excuse to break out their dumb toys

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

D&D has made it exceedingly clear that they want that overlap to narrow considerably if not disappear outright, and at this point I'm fine with them making themselves a containment zone for privileged liberals

Honestly just make D&D where only D&D regulars can post. Mods can add new people if they wanna roll in the poo poo.

Contain the brain rot there. Poop touching stops. Everyone happy.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Stevie Lee posted:

anyone participating in a discord about the forums should be permabanned imo

didn't they already figure this poo poo out years ago? just do it bitch

Yeah, that's why he needs a memo telling him he can't do it.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Raccooon posted:

Honestly just make D&D where only D&D regulars can post. Mods can add new people if they wanna roll in the poo poo.

Contain the brain rot there. Poop touching stops. Everyone happy.

they already have a lovely discord where they hang out with their racist pals that got chased off the forums, why let them post here at all

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ram dass in hell posted:

wow so the ik got a dm in discord and raced in here to scold everybody without havong a fuckin clue what they were talking about?? sounds like the system works

hey didn't I get de-IKed because I acted on communication outside the website's framework?

lol :matters: even on a dead forum

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yinlock posted:

cops love any excuse to break out their dumb toys

I saw cops literally rappelling down buildings at the protest I went to last year. No idea what the purpose was supposed to be but at least they had fun living out their stupid video game hero fantasies.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

"[C]ompile a memo" is just lib speak for "never going to happen". There was a Citations Needed episode on this.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

ram dass in hell posted:

wow so the ik got a dm in discord and raced in here to scold everybody without havong a fuckin clue what they were talking about?? sounds like the system works

Same as it ever was

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

docbeard posted:

Yeah, that's why he needs a memo telling him he can't do it.

here are the bits of the act that need to be changed so that no one can ever do it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

I saw cops literally rappelling down buildings at the protest I went to last year. No idea what the purpose was supposed to be but at least they had fun living out their stupid video game hero fantasies.

if all cops did was gently caress around and larp instead of actually brutalizing people i would be all for the institution

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
JFC I just got done euthanizing 3 patients and you idiots are STILL crying about your stupid forum beefers?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

spacemang_spliff posted:

there is some overlap between D&D and CSPAM posters tho I bet D&D starts banning CSPAM posters for poop touching or thread leaking (i.e. disagreeing with the mods)

lmao I used to be a regular D&D poster years ago but now everytime I make any effort to post over there I get hit with a probe and bad faith posting so gently caress them.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Malleum posted:

they already have a lovely discord where they hang out with their racist pals that got chased off the forums, why let them post here at all

Is that the discord accessible through the SA discord network? Got banned for pointing out to folks who were saying that they like both Bernie and Warren is meaningless because they can only vote for one. Guess who was their first choice between those two!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Asproigerosis posted:

JFC I just got done euthanizing 3 patients and you idiots are STILL crying about your stupid forum beefers?

JFC I just got done owning 3 libs and you idiot are STILL crying about your stupid dead patients?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

I don't get out of bed unless I'm killing 6 patients