Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

I can't wait for the next update that's supposed to add a search function because trying to make teams right now is very frustrating.

The google doc works well enough for me right now. Will probably continue to use it even after the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Fun fact: There is *some* sense if you sort by [Race] in the summon menu; it sorts by race "name". So Abominations comes first, then Alementals, then Amaranths, etc.
It's not perfect, but at least it gives you something to go on.

Edit: Does an enemy taking damage from blighted actually count as healing them? Also, what kind of damage type is it? Indirect?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 28, 2021

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

how is floor 57's boss supposed to play out? I'm assuming the god helping me is supposed to damage him but every time I do the fight I wipe out his team and he just sits there doing nothing forever

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I can't wait for the next update that's supposed to add a search function because trying to make teams right now is very frustrating.

Yea I swapped to a new Spec last night and started to make a Blood Mage build but I just can't be assed to scroll through 34 pages of Creatures to summon

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

DrManiac posted:

how is floor 57's boss supposed to play out? I'm assuming the god helping me is supposed to damage him but every time I do the fight I wipe out his team and he just sits there doing nothing forever

The assistance is basically a 'Minion', you just need to survive a few turns while it does it's thing.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Well, my doombringer build is finally complete. Invisibility + Silence does in fact force all enemies to defend their first turn if they go before you. It turns out that you can't use avatars as the secondary creature in a fuse, so I had to spend my last trait slot on a clawing cockatrice to turn vulcanar into a nix, but that's fine. Turning vulcanar into a catgirl is half the fun.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is there anyway to get this game to let me use the Dpad on my 8Bitdo controller without a bunch of remapping software, using the Sticks is frustrating as hell

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So Blight damage has some interesting interactions. On Enemy Healed effects, like Unspeakable Sins, does not seem to trigger off it, however, stuff that scales off the amount healed, like False Beliefs, absolutely does.
I also do not know if increased healing actually affects healing done through the "damage is now healing" shapeshifter ability.

The ambiguity makes it kind of hard to make a proper build out of this.

Edit: False Beliefs seems like a clear winner for this build though. It does a lot of damage, and it constantly ramps up.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 30, 2021

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Decided I wanted to give Warden a try, and put together a Griffon team to go with it.
Using a mimic'd Assault Griffon(7% chance per griffon on your team to gain another turn) as lead, with Fanaticism (At the start of this creature's turn, it grants your creatures 1 random buff) as the artifact. This combined with the Griffon Dreamfinder ability that makes it so that whenever one of your griffons gain a buff, all other griffons also gain it, lets me start pretty much every battle with 5+ buffs on every team member.
I'm using pretty much every other griffon in my team somewhere as well, and the Griffon Divebomber (attacks a random enemy every time one of your other griffons attack) fused with the hemomancer that steals defense and distributes it to your team on attack, as the main damage dealer.
Also tossed in some supporting traits on artifacts, like the vital clutcher (thanks to 30.5 days for that tip!), and tried out the Ossein that gives 3 of your creatures Rebirth at the start of battle, but it turns out it doesn't actually spread it to your entire team when you do it that way, so I am probably going to change that.

Working pretty well so far, managed to take Azural up to level 14, and seems to hold its own reasonably well in high instability deep depths.
Only issue is that it is countered super-hard by "misery" nemesis creatures, since so much of the team hinges on getting those stat bonuses through the buffs (Warden gives a lot of extra damage/stats just by having buffs active).
There's also a certain dragon I've come to despise, as it deals a bunch of damage every time someone gains a buff, but I think I can counter that by fusing in one of those valkyries that heal a % when you take damage, or if that doesn't work there is a nether trinket that hopefully should do the job.

Man I need so much more Brimstone

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 1, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
My own golem Tribalist team has turned out to be a massive failure so far. It's effectively immortal, even a full party wipe is likely to just resurrect everything on my side of the field the moment it happens, but I just can't really kill anything.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cardiovorax posted:

My own golem Tribalist team has turned out to be a massive failure so far. It's effectively immortal, even a full party wipe is likely to just resurrect everything on my side of the field the moment it happens, but I just can't really kill anything.

Have you tried experimenting with the cockatrice that turns the last 3 creatures in your party into the same race as the first one? I feel that could be super strong with the Iron Golems trait that shares all golems innate traits with each other.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Broken Cog posted:

Have you tried experimenting with the cockatrice that turns the last 3 creatures in your party into the same race as the first one? I feel that could be super strong with the Iron Golems trait that shares all golems innate traits with each other.
I used the Tribalist perk which has the same effect. The problem is that the golems I have available really don't contribute that much and fused perks aren't shared. I used a '+300% Attack But Dies' insect and a '50% Chance to Rez All On Death' skeleton, which synergizes well, but does not do the damage I expected it to.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cardiovorax posted:

I used the Tribalist perk which has the same effect. The problem is that the golems I have available really don't contribute that much and fused perks aren't shared. I used a '+300% Attack But Dies' insect and a '50% Chance to Rez All On Death' skeleton, which synergizes well, but does not do the damage I expected it to.
Yeah, a big issue with using "death trigger" damage like that, is that unless you have something that preserves it (like the purgatorian perk), all stat gains are lost on death, which can mean a huge loss in damage. It's possible to use, but you need to build around it. I've found stacking stats and %damage modifiers a lot more consistent, but YMMV.

Also, you have probably already figured this out, but since only innate traits are shared, it's better to stack the passive team buffing traits as secondary/artifact, and have all the individual stuff as the primary traits.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, I figured so as well. I just haven't decided yet if I even want to bother. The whole concept seems to require a lot of effort and up-front investment for not really any better results than just smooshing everything with the Blood Mage specialization had. I might put it on ice until I get better creatures.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Mhm, a big issue I've noticed, and also seen others on the subreddit/steam forums discuss, is that max hp builds just kinda trounce any other setup right now. Doesn't even need to be Blood Mage, Paladin and Tribalist works too.
Max HP is easy to stack, it gives you a ton of survivability, and there's enough traits, perks and spells that scale damage directly off it, so no other builds can keep up.

I did 100 floors with my paladin, so I'm trying to avoid making another HP-based build for now. I assume it'll see some balance changing at some point.

Edit: there's really also nothing that counters it, unlike every pretty much any other strategy that usually have a few hard counters in the instability alone.

Edit2: What exactly decides when an enemy is "resistant" to a debuff? What's the point in speccing specifically to counter those annoying "chance to dodge" modifiers if in a bunch of fights they arbitrarily decide that all the enemies are "resistant" to stone?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 1, 2021

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The codex has a list of how resistance affects debuffs, and besides the realm instability modifier most bosses naturally resist.

For resisted stone you still reduce their chance to dodge/critical by 50%.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ah, that's good to know, thanks.

I was aware the bosses resisted debuffs, but apparently a lot of the masters do as well.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: there's really also nothing that counters it, unlike every pretty much any other strategy that usually have a few hard counters in the instability alone.
"All damage increased" instabilities can cause some issues, particularly to Blood Mages that also take the perk that causes your team damage before the first turn. The instability will apply to that, so you better also have a rez on your side if you plan to play a realm like that.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Does anyone know if instant kill effects, like the maniacs' provokes, count as damage taken for traits like conviviality ("This creature deals additional damage equal to 5% of the damage your creatures have taken in the current battle")

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Mhm, a big issue I've noticed, and also seen others on the subreddit/steam forums discuss, is that max hp builds just kinda trounce any other setup right now. Doesn't even need to be Blood Mage, Paladin and Tribalist works too.

Max HP is easy to stack, it gives you a ton of survivability, and there's enough traits, perks and spells that scale damage directly off it, so no other builds can keep up.

I have used astrologer (highest health creature goes first, highest three int creatures don’t use spell gems) with a forsaken swamp dweller (250% health) with the creature that bases damage off of health being higher than your opponent with a rapture death spell gem (1 charge, aoe that causes damage, vulnerability and weak) to wreck up to realm 150 so far. I started with druid, and almost quit.

DO NOT START WITH DRUID. trait synergies are the most important thing, and none of your perks work at all with six creatures. You can’t even use three creatures without penalty until you amass 200 perk points, and that just makes the other talents (that you haven’t purchased yet) work with more than one creature. Would probably be good with that fuse I mentioned above plus mimic to go first, but I think astrologer is better in every way for every build that wants to go first (every build?) and wipe everything turn 1 before the enemy goes.

I had trouble at instability where you start with confusion, but the trouble was just killing my team before they killed the enemy. I know you can use life shapeshifter or whatever to convert the damage to healing, but the combo still wrecks the enemy, it just takes an extra 5 seconds of turbo mode sometimes.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
After messing around a bit, I can confirm that this:

is extremely good at keeping your creatures alive against anything that doesn't oneshot them. It works for pretty much everything.

Could probably be fun with a hp build with that "when you heal, gain 30% of the heal as max hp" as well.

Snake Maze posted:

Does anyone know if instant kill effects, like the maniacs' provokes, count as damage taken for traits like conviviality ("This creature deals additional damage equal to 5% of the damage your creatures have taken in the current battle")

Don't quote me on this, but I think one-shot kills classify as its own thing, and doesn't actually deal damage.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 2, 2021

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I love this stupid game. I found out that druid gives you two random traits from the creature's race which is all right. But combined with yseros it's pretty much guaranteed to give you the majority of a race's traits. I also found out that it gives yseros two additional avatar traits. There's a bug where the guaranteed-uniqueness of the yseros trait isn't working (like everything else, a fix is supposedly coming next patch).

So now I'm wondering if put Iconos on my team if it'll give my unfused creature 6 additional traits from his race, and will it give an unfused yseros 5 avatar traits?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

After messing around a bit, I can confirm that this:

is extremely good at keeping your creatures alive against anything that doesn't oneshot them. It works for pretty much everything.

Had an idea to go with this:

Pegasus + Sturdy Gargantuan + Laughing Wisp

EDIT: All damage except indirect damage gets dealt to this tank. he takes only 5% damage between the gargantuan & the wisp. he's also immune to debuffs. He will drop dead if he ever gets a turn, but the laughing wisp makes sure that never happens as long as he keeps taking damage.

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Apr 3, 2021

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of dumplings, anyone found out how to get the ones other than the normal one and the nugget?
I have a bunch in my bestiary after fighting the dumpling master, but I haven't seen any of them yet. Guessing they might be a rare, high depth nether portal mob or something?

Apparently most of the other dumplings are acquired by having a dumpling in your party. That might take a while.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Starting to get kinda frustrated at how many build ideas get blown up because of a known bug that has a fix lined up in a patch, and there still hasn't been a post-release bugfix. I suspect that the dev is holding back the bugfixes until the next content update is ready, which really sucks a lot. Maybe game maker doesn't play well with source control or he's like the dwarf fortress guy & doesn't like to use it, so he can't release until every half-finished change is ready to go. I don't know. Hopefully it comes out soon.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Is there a list of the known bugs somewhere? I put together what I thought would be a really sweet combo (a creature that auto-redirected attacks combined with a creature that negated damage from attacks while under 65% health), but it didn't work right. The attack negation part never once triggered over several hours of gameplay, regardless of the critter's HP.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Zurai posted:

Is there a list of the known bugs somewhere? I put together what I thought would be a really sweet combo (a creature that auto-redirected attacks combined with a creature that negated damage from attacks while under 65% health), but it didn't work right. The attack negation part never once triggered over several hours of gameplay, regardless of the critter's HP.

It's pretty much just the forums. https://forums.thylacinestudios.com/t/0-8-10-long-live-trait-not-functioning-consistently/7098/3 This sounds like your issue.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Yep, that's definitely my issue, since it was intercepting attacks against the rest of my party. Oh well, I'll just shelve that creature until it gets fixed. No big deal. Honestly, it's not terribly synergistic with the rest of my new party setup anyway.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Dev update:

quote:

I just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know that I'm still hard at work on the next Siralim Ultimate patch. In addition to what I announced a couple weeks ago, here are a few additional features to look forward to:

- Five new specializations will be added to the game, one of which is very unique compared to all the others and provides a new layer of depth for end-game players.
- Two new projects will be added for the Goblet of Trials that allow you to fill the goblet using multiple different specializations at a time. In addition, the scaling cost to re-roll the goblet has been removed.
- I've done a full pass on all the game's dialog. It seems to be the most disliked part of the game, so I've reduced the amount of cringe-worthy moments by roughly 90% and also reduced the overall length of the story dialog by around 20% by removing a lot of the fluff.
- Several additional quality of life improvements have been added based on your feedback. One example of this is the addition of markers next to creatures you can newly summon, and you can also sort the summoning interface by "New" as well. In addition, the search feature that I announced a few weeks ago is fully implemented and works very well.

This is turning out to be a massive patch - possibly the largest patch that any of the Siralim games have ever received! While this update won't be ready for another few weeks (I'm targeting April 23, but please don't take that as an official release date), I'll keep you updated on what I'm working on and take a deep dive into how False Gods work very soon.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Awesome on the sorting bit, finally.

Opening scenes about pissing yourself aside, I've kind of grown to like the game's dumb dialogue, especially all the weirdo gods. I hope he doesn't wipe out too much of that.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Sheesh, 5 new specializations already. I've barely tried out 1/5th of the ones currently implemented so far.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'd be interested in trying out more specs I've unlocked if it weren't such a chore to build a new party for them :v:

Once I can just Ctrl+F the summoning window or whatever then maybe I'll try them out.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

StarkRavingMad posted:

Awesome on the sorting bit, finally.

Opening scenes about pissing yourself aside, I've kind of grown to like the game's dumb dialogue, especially all the weirdo gods. I hope he doesn't wipe out too much of that.

Meh. The gods are fine, but a lot of the story dialogue in the base is cringe. It also has serious tone problems, going from infantile humor to serious in like no time at all.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009
I'm keen to see what the new specialisations are. The last batch released were all pretty interesting and unique. I keep going back to my pyromancer team though; it's fun to theory craft new builds, but they're usually not better than the min/max-ed build you already have up and running.

I think that's once of the issues with the large cost to build and tweak a new team to get it running effectively. At my current depth, the enemy creatures are around 4x my creatures levels, so if a build can't handle that pretty quickly out of the gate, then I'm not able to get the benefits of doing the deepest depth, which just feels bad. My current team also pretty much one shots any combination of instability 5, so I'm also kind of judging new teams against that, which only makes the difference more pronounced.

I'm also interested in what the false gods are. I don't think I've seen anything about them yet

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Definitely looking forward to those new specializations. I just wish unlocking them wasn't such an immense pain in the rear end.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Guessing the "Stardust" currency that shows up in the tab is for the False Gods?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Eh, I don't mind the Projects. They aren't really a pain in the rear end to me, they're just something I set and forget until I'm told the project is completed. With four simultaneous projects, I usually get one notice every ~3 floors completed.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I just hate the pointless grind of it. It doesn't add anything interesting to the game, it just makes me jump through hoops until I can play around with what I actually want to do instead of grinding realms for dumb, randomly dropped bear asses.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Cardiovorax posted:

I just hate the pointless grind of it. It doesn't add anything interesting to the game, it just makes me jump through hoops until I can play around with what I actually want to do instead of grinding realms for dumb, randomly dropped bear asses.

While I haven't been quite as annoyed with the system I honestly much prefer the old "Energy" system where it'd progress all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, it's a personal thing. I've a bad attention span due to ADHD and it makes me hate pointless repetition or being made to wait for things just for the sake of waiting. I could tolerate it if all projects were just improving features in your castle and such, but being made to unlock a dozen-plus basic gameplay features (which I consider player specializations to be) one-by-one on every character I'll ever play is basically the definition of bad game design to me.