Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The book will be released as a co branding opportunity with the upcoming elysium TV show and mobile gacha game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I religiously watched the whole Cohh stream and eagerly wait until he returns to it, because watching a politically cowardly centrist trying to navigate this game is fascinating. The brief moment of apprehension when he discovered that not only the game does visibly track the political responses he gives through the game, but he actually has to choose at least one ideology to ~fully experience the content~ was hilarious. About the only thing I'm pissed about is that when he asked if the game has also option to opt in for centrist ideology, chat for some reason told him that Moraliten has nothing to do with centrism (??????????) so he choose "ultra liberal" as comedy option. I wanted to see what, if anything, the description of Moraliten thought would do to him.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"so you expelled Maurice from the reading group over an argument about turnips?" :lmao:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mary had a little clam posted:

Wireframe Magazine has an interview with the DE devs about building the world of Revachol - https://wireframe.raspberrypi.org/issues

yeah. thats probably why it reminded me of dishonored so much. thanks for the link.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Leon Sumbitches posted:

So do I wanna internalize advanced race theory or not? It's not necessarily the type of thing I'm into, normally, but seems like it is a beans to an ends.

sounds like you have a grasp on the situation. either use it as a means to an end, or find another way if you'd prefer not to

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I forgot this was being released for PS4 so soon, I don't even have a computer capable of playing it so I've been waiting like 2 years, super excited to finally try this!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

I religiously watched the whole Cohh stream and eagerly wait until he returns to it, because watching a politically cowardly centrist trying to navigate this game is fascinating. The brief moment of apprehension when he discovered that not only the game does visibly track the political responses he gives through the game, but he actually has to choose at least one ideology to ~fully experience the content~ was hilarious. About the only thing I'm pissed about is that when he asked if the game has also option to opt in for centrist ideology, chat for some reason told him that Moraliten has nothing to do with centrism (??????????) so he choose "ultra liberal" as comedy option. I wanted to see what, if anything, the description of Moraliten thought would do to him.

lol. i am probably gonna go marxist for my first play through or something along those lines. also who is Cohh?

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

World War Mammories posted:

sounds like you have a grasp on the situation. either use it as a means to an end, or find another way if you'd prefer not to

I guess I'm still working to grok how ideas/personality traits effect the way the game unravels. My current read is that there are elements of the world I can't even interact with because of my 1/5/4/2 build, and that is heighten by the thought cabinet.

Visa versa, hearing shivers, inland empire, and so on are all elements that lead to dialogue choices and what I can interact with in the world.

Honestly, GOTY and that's not even just hype... It's just really that loving good.

E: oh ya, what I was saying is, I don't want to pigeonhole Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau (who is harry?) into Racism for the whole playthrough just cuz this bully won't let me mash a button.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

mobile gacha game

you get like 30 Cunos before you get a harry or kim.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

you get like 30 Cunos before you get a harry or kim.

Who am I going to whale for if Cuno is common?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

So do I wanna internalize advanced race theory or not? It's not necessarily the type of thing I'm into, normally, but seems like it is a beans to an ends.

You should, and then you should tell Measurehead about your conclusions after thinking about such a subject as long and hard as he clearly has.

But I digress.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I guess I'm still working to grok how ideas/personality traits effect the way the game unravels. My current read is that there are elements of the world I can't even interact with because of my 1/5/4/2 build, and that is heighten by the thought cabinet.

Visa versa, hearing shivers, inland empire, and so on are all elements that lead to dialogue choices and what I can interact with in the world.

Honestly, GOTY and that's not even just hype... It's just really that loving good.

E: oh ya, what I was saying is, I don't want to pigeonhole Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau (who is harry?) into Racism for the whole playthrough just cuz this bully won't let me mash a button.

I am pretty sure that's not the only way past that problem.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Internalizing a subject doesn't mean becoming its adherent, or even agreeing with it, it just means understanding it at a fundamental enough level that it affects how you interact with the world for having thought about it so long. As such internalizing can have many different outcomes, some rather unexpected.

Also you can always discard thoughts whenever you want so don't stress too much about them.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. i am probably gonna go marxist for my first play through or something along those lines. also who is Cohh?

CohhCarnage is a streamer. You might recognize him as the guy who played a street preacher in Cyberpunk.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

Who am I going to whale for if Cuno is common?

on a giant ball with little evil cunos fighting each other forever.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

CohhCarnage is a streamer. You might recognize him as the guy who played a street preacher in Cyberpunk.

nope. i don't follow streamers. so he is dumb sorkin centrist who fucks up the game. any good highlight videos.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

BurningBeard posted:

After screwing around with this for a little longer, can’t recommend for PS4. Framerate is pretty gnarly, and I looked into the voicing issue I was having. Something is definitely broken with it, because vids I’ve watched are fully VO’ed barring just the interstitial post quote lines. Have had all VO completely drop out too, apropos of nothing mid conversation. I do have it set to full, FWIW.

Aside from that, the targeting system they have for interactables is pretty bad and touchy.

Hopefully it gets a patch because it looks like a lot of fun, but definitely can’t recommend it in its current state. Apparently the framerate issues are also happening on PS5 from what I’ve read, but can’t speak to any of the other bugs I’ve encountered carrying over.

This is disappointing to hear, but thanks for saving me the frustration. I was pretty hyped to finally play this, but my only option is PS4. Hopefully it’ll be patched up soon.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Whatever vestigial childhood immaturity I had laughing at bad words was completely revived when I hear people talking about kipts and kojkos in this game or having Measurehead lecture you on his pseudoscientific race theories. I internalized it and now whenever I have the option I pontificate about the evils of Al Gul just by being the living embodiment of the ironically self evident point.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I think I stumbled upon the Facism spirit quest and I got no loving clue what is ahead :stonklol:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

GlyphGryph posted:

Internalizing a subject doesn't mean becoming its adherent, or even agreeing with it, it just means understanding it at a fundamental enough level that it affects how you interact with the world for having thought about it so long. As such internalizing can have many different outcomes, some rather unexpected.

Also you can always discard thoughts whenever you want so don't stress too much about them.

OTOH you can also find a different way in that doesn't involve musing over the intellectual validity of phrenology and victorian race science for several hours.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

christmas boots posted:

OTOH you can also find a different way in that doesn't involve musing over the intellectual validity of phrenology and victorian race science for several hours.

Yeah, a friend of mine playing this for the frist time, told me he just roundhouse-kicked Measurehead and pushed the button which was different from what I did spending 3 skill points, 1 in perception, 2 in savoir-faire, and four attempts to make the jump from the roof

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Yeah, a friend of mine playing this for the frist time, told me he just roundhouse-kicked Measurehead and pushed the button which was different from what I did spending 3 skill points, 1 in perception, 2 in savoir-faire, and four attempts to make the jump from the roof

Yeah I was hosed in that regard. Couldn't make the jump or level savoir faire enough to make it and I lacked the physical skills to get by him.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
You can find other ways by him, yes. But "Harry spends far too long thinking about some really stupid poo poo that is going to help no one, especially himself" is kind of a running theme and it's not something to stress about either. If you don't do it, do it because you dont want to do it, not because you are worried about consequences.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

By the way I spoke to Joyce Messer about the nature of the pale and what Elysium looks like and I don't really understand it.

How can I visualize it? She talks about a corona and it makes me think of a ring world or a flat earth intersected by a lacelike pattern of pale. Like someone put a doily on the planet.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Otoh internalizing the racist thought and then going back and pointing out how dumb all of Measurehead's racism is to his face is hilarious.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

You can find other ways by him, yes. But "Harry spends far too long thinking about some really stupid poo poo that is going to help no one, especially himself" is kind of a running theme and it's not something to stress about either. If you don't do it, do it because you dont want to do it, not because you are worried about consequences.

I mean the point is that all of these are different ways of getting in and all of them are valid. For most problems and solutions in this game, if the one you originally had in mind doesn't work out initially you can try to find an alternative or you can keep trying and failing, spending time and skillpoints, both are very much in the spirit of the game.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kraftwerk posted:

By the way I spoke to Joyce Messer about the nature of the pale and what Elysium looks like and I don't really understand it.

How can I visualize it? She talks about a corona and it makes me think of a ring world or a flat earth intersected by a lacelike pattern of pale. Like someone put a doily on the planet.

You've pretty much got it. The Pale is vast roiling void space between archipelagos of reality.

There is no globe. Or maybe there was one once, but there definitely isn't now.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Kraftwerk posted:

Yeah I was hosed in that regard. Couldn't make the jump or level savoir faire enough to make it and I lacked the physical skills to get by him.

I started off with savoir-faire at 2. Keep on rolling those dice.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Captain Oblivious posted:

You've pretty much got it. The Pale is vast roiling void space between archipelagos of reality.

There is no globe. Or maybe there was one once, but there definitely isn't now.

yeah, the world is a disk, as far as the characters can tell, that is being constantly corroded away by an ever-growing ocean of Nothing.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kraftwerk posted:

the world is spherical, because Joyce mentions things in low orbit. (I had exactly this question when I first had that conversation.) (e: also, as has been pointed out, of course the world is a giant ball - where else are the apes gonna duke it out?!) the Pale is... well, okay, fresh thread, I guess a spoiler is appropriate

honestly, you're not far off. the vast majority of Elysium is a white-gray nothingness that slowly drives people insane. "isolas" are its version of continents - islands of matter suspended in a Pale sea of not matter.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
have the developers of the game talked about their plans for the future? new game?. sequel? another story?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Fear!

Aggression!

Half Light is your fight or flight response.

This one’s definitely the chattiest of the bunch.

Not only does he mix well with a high Physical Instrument,

telling you to smash everyone in the face before they strangle you in your sleep,

Half Light also has some pretty keen observations.

There is a saying in Estonian: fear has big eyes.

So Half Light and its big bulging fear-filled eyes may notice things the other skills miss.

Half Light does not only get scared of people, it also gets scared of ideas and concepts.

Sometimes a person’s name can fill you with terror. Why?

Perhaps they’re more than they seem to be.

Perhaps you’re paranoid?

One of the nicest things to do with Half Light is aggressively interrogate suspects.

Barraging them with nonsensical, frightening questions: did you kill him?

Why did you kill him?

Are you going to kill me like you killed him?!

A low Half Light, strangely enough, makes you both less aggressive and less afraid.

In a way braver.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
ok so, my problem with soft locking, i read some posts that suggested that it might be because Kim wasn't present, which he wasn't, so i waited for him to return and did it again.

it soft locked. but then i killed the process and tried again and it worked properly! who loving knows. anyway, if you are having the same problem, try that.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Goddamn I wasn't going to play this again for a while and was content with reading spoilers but all this is making me want to pick it up again. I got the "good ending" as far as that's possible, but there's so much that I missed. Picked the sensitive build first time but I might do high motor or intellect this time around.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

zenguitarman posted:

I got the "good ending" as far as that's possible

You got the good dreams that had no traces of ex-wives in them?

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Wicked Them Beats posted:

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1377487117287260160?s=20

Rope Kid is playing DE right now. Well, more accurately he's drinking and rambling about game design while occasionally clicking a dialogue choice.

That's just the Rope Kid experience in general.
Sometimes he rambles about bicycles instead though, so be warned.

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
Kim now warns Joyce about *The Loop*, and I cannot engage *The Loop*, is this because something I did? or do we never get back to *The Loop*?

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

GlyphGryph posted:

You got the good dreams that had no traces of ex-wives in them?

lol gently caress I completely forgot about this

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

singateco posted:

Kim now warns Joyce about *The Loop*, and I cannot engage *The Loop*, is this because something I did? or do we never get back to *The Loop*?

You need to talk with Joyce when Kim isn't around.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Lt. Lizard posted:

I started throwing Twitch on in the background during quarantine and found him to be one of the chiller streamers even though he has some pretty half baked takes. He seems like a nice enough guy. I got the impression he avoided political talk, but the literal subject of just plain “politics” came up once in a donation message or something and he took a couple minutes to lay down the most “My beliefs are above it all” centrist take like someone who had never engaged in politics and was trying to sound smart. It was pretty rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dinosaurs! posted:

I started throwing Twitch on in the background during quarantine and found him to be one of the chiller streamers even though he has some pretty half baked takes. He seems like a nice enough guy. I got the impression he avoided political talk, but the literal subject of just plain “politics” came up once in a donation message or something and he took a couple minutes to lay down the most “My beliefs are above it all” centrist take like someone who had never engaged in politics and was trying to sound smart. It was pretty rough.

He's a nice enough dude but yeah

"Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world."

He embodies centrism to the bone. Pleasant, but passively part of the problem.