Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This sounds much more like a report abuse problem than a rule-breaking thread problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Dixon Chisholm posted:

how about uranus

too big, wouldn't fit

plus I bet you the sweatshop workers would forget the ring

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Reality Protester posted:

let d&d have a thread where they're allowed to make fun of cspam for not liking concentration camps

gudetama
Apr 1, 2021
king Solomon-ishly: rename USPOL “the Biden hug box”, make cspam poop touching there bannable, make crybaby cspam reporting bannable

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I would say the situation of concentration camps apologia in d&d in untenable but also the stakes here, on sa, are lowest of the low, so who cares

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if they're abusing reports because their feelings got hurt shouldn't you just take away their report button?

I think that you're having a lot of trouble imagining what succ zone looks like to non-radicalized libs, a.k.a. the majority of the site

I would like this thread to stay open for mocking libs but taking every opportunity to be hostile toward your ideological enemies is not scoring you any points with the people in charge, who just want to put a stop to unnecessary drama

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
again blind quotes were working fine, if people were hate reading this thread to see if they got quoted for like 6 posts of mockery that's their brain problem

Jeffery of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Look, nobody's closing this thread, and it doesn't need to be made in FYAD (and they probably wouldn't have you anyway). The fact of the matter is that I have never been part of a US politics discord, never want to be, and it stretches my sanity to the point of breaking when they PM me on discord, sometimes multiple times a day, because someone blind quoted one of their posts here. So could you just work with me here, for once? I don't want to hear about the succ zone anymore, and I want to hear from the USPOL posters even less, so if you could just keep not touching the poop that would be great. For my part, I will try to make the situation better by rotating out some CSPAM mods. I was going to hold back this announcement until later but today's events have forced my hand.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So make fun of libs, but not like, in a hostile way cool great got it

Rectal Death Deft
Jan 10, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flavius Aetass posted:

I think that you're having a lot of trouble imagining what succ zone looks like to non-radicalized libs, a.k.a. the majority of the site

I would like this thread to stay open for mocking libs but taking every opportunity to be hostile toward your ideological enemies is not scoring you any points with the people in charge, who just want to put a stop to unnecessary drama

drake not liking jokes about democrats
drake liking concentration camps

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

i like posting in this thread and would prefer to keep it around. seems like unsourced quotes should be pretty harmless though

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
:aochloe:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This sounds much more like a report abuse problem than a rule-breaking thread problem.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
can you guys just get a room

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

what the hell happened to my garfield avatar

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Flavius Aetass posted:

Thing is you shouldn't need to be radicalized to be loving horrified by the poo poo said in D&D.

That said this thread also apparently can't hold itself to harmless-rear end blind quoting and has to keep finding something else further to do so I'm not particularly high energy on this argument at this point.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

then they can stop reading it?

for god's sake someone get this poster the melted admin star

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

WorkerThread posted:

what the hell happened to my garfield avatar

Rectal Death Deft
Jan 10, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
:aochloe:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

free the guy you just banned and get thicker skin when we're having a discussion

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Reality Protester posted:

free the guy you just banned and get thicker skin when we're having a discussion

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Raskolnikov38 posted:

then they can stop reading it?

right? plenty of admins here, please do it

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Jeffery of YOSPOS posted:

Look, nobody's closing this thread, and it doesn't need to be made in FYAD (and they probably wouldn't have you anyway). The fact of the matter is that I have never been part of a US politics discord, never want to be, and it stretches my sanity to the point of breaking when they PM me on discord, sometimes multiple times a day, because someone blind quoted one of their posts here. So could you just work with me here, for once? I don't want to hear about the succ zone anymore, and I want to hear from the USPOL posters even less, so if you could just keep not touching the poop that would be great. For my part, I will try to make the situation better by rotating out some CSPAM mods. I was going to hold back this announcement until later but today's events have forced my hand.

Ty op it had to be done

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Rectal Death Adept posted:

hey they can just ban me, no need to go all obama-on-a-syrian-hospital about it with the collateral damage

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

what are you gonna do? ban me? says banned poster

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

WorkerThread posted:

i like posting in this thread and would prefer to keep it around. seems like unsourced quotes should be pretty harmless though

Whatever happened to making fun of idiots online being a fun thing to do?

No one's trying to get anyone in D&D fired or harmed. People are just copying their bad posts and bad ideas and mocking them. What harm is that doing unless your ego is so fragile a post on a board saying you have a bad opinion terrifies you, in which case maybe you should grow a thicker skin.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

maybe you should just block the dumb peckerheads with thin skin :shrug:

or maybe they should quit defending concentration camps and senile rapists, idk, look all im saying is theres a ton of ways to tackle the problem here

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

hmmm have u considered posting in dnd's stupid thread full of psychos who go pester you off-site and telling them to cut it the gently caress out

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Wheeee posted:

hmmm have u considered posting in dnd's stupid thread full of psychos who go pester you off-site and telling them to cut it the gently caress out

loving seriously lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Shipon posted:

Whatever happened to making fun of idiots online being a fun thing to do?

No one's trying to get anyone in D&D fired or harmed. People are just copying their bad posts and bad ideas and mocking them. What harm is that doing unless your ego is so fragile a post on a board saying you have a bad opinion terrifies you, in which case maybe you should grow a thicker skin.

liberals liberals LIBERALS

Vim Fuego has issued a correction as of 00:08 on Apr 2, 2021

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

if people are going too far, like the guy who mined posts from early 2020 to own his enemies, probate that guy.

are posting unsourced quotes over the line? I wouldn't say so, I think Athanatos said something similar, but idk. if they are, probate people for them. and let's move on.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Fluffdaddy posted:

Lmao this thread got our attention because yall can't stop whining about D&D and it gets reported a lot. Maybe stop whining about D&D and making claims like some super secret uspol discord too.

maybe tell D&D to quit whining

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Maybe you should just give them a crybaby avatar if they come and whine to you?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Rectal Death Adept posted:

hey they can just ban me, no need to go all obama-on-a-syrian-hospital about it with the collateral damage

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X02EwkGqyto

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Asproigerosis posted:

JFC I just got done euthanizing 3 patients and you idiots are STILL crying about your stupid forum beefers?

mri tech euthing patients

badasss

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I think requesting that people not touch the poop is fair. That's a clear SA tradition. Ironically enough, those who touch the poop get probed by DND mods anyway, YMB and Joe pine tree got hit today. So it's a pretty self-enforcing system that shouldn't require your attention.

Idk what to do about whiney reports tho.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I don't get why we can post the doom bathroom and groverhouse but not sourceless quotes?

I mean I could get behind the argument that it isn't as funny as politicians, but if you don't want people pointing at you and laughing at your awful takes then maybe don't be a shithead with bad opinions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I think requesting that people not touch the poop is fair. That's a clear SA tradition. Ironically enough, those who touch the poop get probed by DND mods anyway, YMB and Joe pine tree got hit today. So it's a pretty self-enforcing system that shouldn't require your attention.

Idk what to do about whiney reports tho.

lmao