Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Lmao are the admins really so afraid of these nazi enablers and rape defenders that they can't bring themselves to probate people for abusing the report button? If their names aren't attached to the post then that is since true hilarious liberal fragility for them to be crying to the manager about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

silicone thrills posted:

Half of being a leftist is mocking people with lovely politics. The other half is donating food to Food Not Bombs and or yelling at cops and breathing in teargas.

Taking away our ability to make fun of people with bad politics would just make everything really unbalanced.

hang on now that other half of energy might be put into a successful revolution maybe we should hear em out here

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

I'm sure we could have him for free if he could resist the lure of posting in D&D.

D&D does have the sirens song to it. Like an eldritch horror item, something that is both compelling and harmful.

Moon Shrimp
Sep 7, 2013

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yes. Its lame.

You sound extremely calm right now, lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
wait why is donating food bad now

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yes. Its lame.

can we also ban anime.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

bedpan posted:

D&D does have the sirens song to it. Like an eldritch horror item, something that is both compelling and harmful.

Stalin said the same thing about Finland I’m p sure

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mostly Lurking posted:

please stop talking bad about D&D, they won't stop pissing and making GBS threads themselves. Oh my, it's everywhere. Oh dear. Goodness.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Cspammers needs dnd like the joker needs batman. Many such cases

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Thump! posted:

hang on now that other half of energy might be put into a successful revolution maybe we should hear em out here

I actually did try to spend like 90% effort on real poo poo once and I burned out and got insanely depressed and had to get my brain zapped.

It's very very hard to go full speed on that poo poo. Kudos to anyone who can.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wait why is donating food bad now

depends on the food. u get it from sheetz or wawa?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Radirot posted:

can we also ban anime.

Slow down.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Smythe posted:

you're in la you don't even know about sheetz or wawa

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Smythe posted:

we live in california dummy

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Lmao are the admins really so afraid of these nazi enablers and rape defenders that they can't bring themselves to probate people for abusing the report button? If their names aren't attached to the post then that is since true hilarious liberal fragility for them to be crying to the manager about.

yes?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

genuinely, why should the folks who about-faced on concentration camps: good or bad not be made fun of lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Trying to imagine getting mad enough about someone mocking my post to PM Jeffrey about it and coming up completely blank. Although I guess if I did it once, and got what I wanted, I'd be 1000% more likely to lean on him more the next time I wanted my posting enemies punished.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Cspammers needs dnd like the joker needs batman. Many such cases

we post in a society

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

again I will say, if you are too much of a coward to handle having your lovely takes mocked in the most anonymous, sanitized way possible (that also requires you to actively read the thread in order to actually see the offending posts) then you are an intensely hosed up person about internet forums and should really log off lol

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

Slow down.

lol i mean uhhh... anime about d&d

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
after a long day of saving lives by operating on children with brain tumors all i wanna do is post unsourced dnd quotes

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

Slow down.

So sixers with ramp for habitual anime posting then?

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

my posts are my own intellectual property and I ask that nobody quote me in any form without my express written consent

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

*gazing upon a cursed forum*

It knows where I am; I must destroy it

it is calling to me, but perhaps it means no injury this time

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we live in california dummy

I moved to Pittsburgh and sleep in Tori's attic. =)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Asproigerosis posted:

Just going to go out on a limb here and say everyone that keeps crying about whatever dnd thread this or that should be probated. It's super easy to just not go there to touch the poop. Just don't do it. It's making GBS threads up this topic meant to talk about loving terrible democrats are. Are you people new to the internet or what's the deal?
You have the job :twisted:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Gah!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Oh Snapple! posted:

genuinely, why should the folks who about-faced on concentration camps: good or bad not be made fun of lol

because they complain a lot and squeaky wheels get the grease

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

u better start reading d&d so you can spot the unsourced quotes

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Just going to go out on a limb here and say everyone that keeps crying about whatever dnd thread this or that should be probated. It's super easy to just not go there to touch the poop. Just don't do it. It's making GBS threads up this topic meant to talk about loving terrible democrats are. Are you people new to the internet or what's the deal?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Drat. that is some reversal of fortune.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Nothing about this topic is specific to democrats, what the hell.

This is loving why it should have stayed the succ zone.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
the massive gnashing of teeth over users on the same forum interacting with one another is bizarro as hell to me

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Glad they switched the star over to chaos jefferey

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

I mean considering how many mods have been outed as nazis and pedos this shouldn't come as a shock

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Reality Protester posted:

u better start reading d&d so you can spot the unsourced quotes

gonna start dressing up restera posts as d&d posts

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

How about this as a compromise. If an unsourced D&D post is quoted in the thread, the D&D poster has 24 hours to respond to any posts mocking it in this thread, with full citations and it must rely on reliable sources and not just tweets, and be very decorous in its language, and if the poster pulls it off, then this thread gets to also mock their response post

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lostconfused posted:

Nothing about this topic is specific to democrats, what the hell.

This is loving why it should have stayed the succ zone.

this is supposed to be the succ zone

you see succ you post it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's been interesting to see him pivot further left after the election. He definitely pushed the middle-of-the-road persona on the campaign trail, but has been taking up more and more progressive policies as time has gone on. It feels like he was giving Republicans enough rope to hang themselves with before pushing reforms. Also, he seems to be pushing the party further left by shining the spotlight on Dems like Manchin and Sinema. Like yeah, we hate McConnel still, but we can see the Democrats who are trying to put the breaks on progress much better now.

Admittedly, I went into this administration with staggeringly low hopes. Everything he's been doing has been a pleasant surprise in my eyes, and I'll keep being surprised and relieved when I hear stuff like this.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Now hold your horses, let this discussion on banning anime play out first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

HashtagGirlboss posted:

How about this as a compromise. If an unsourced D&D post is quoted in the thread, the D&D poster has 24 hours to respond to any posts mocking it in this thread, with full citations and it must rely on reliable sources and not just tweets, and be very decorous in its language, and if the poster pulls it off, then this thread gets to also mock their response post

how bout this: d&d posts can be reposted and mocked without any of that other make work bullshit.