Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Skwirl posted:

That can't be real, and making up horrible quotes for Amazon when there's so many real horrible quotes is just lazy.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Platystemon posted:

Twitter wants me to log in to do that, and I doubt that that is the joke.
It's just a recursive "now look at the banner" etc thing

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
https://twitter.com/dubsteppenwolf/status/1377709479597285380?s=19

GG Allin Turing is still the best name on Twitter.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1377755660570484740?s=19

That poor man :(

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

This hitting meme status has honestly just made it worse because there's a ton of people that are 'ironically' tagging him in posts that look identical to all the others.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/discordspies/status/1377515623559929856

https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1377625966961393675

https://twitter.com/yesterdaysprint/status/1377450836486356992

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Discord Spies or Discord's Pies?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Non-American here, what's the beef between Wyoming and Utah?

Also do each state has a stereotype of for the other 49 or are there some states nobody cares about?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Skwirl posted:

That can't be real, and making up horrible quotes for Amazon when there's so many real horrible quotes is just lazy.

rest assured it is real as hell and not a joke!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

toanoradian posted:

Also do each state has a stereotype of for the other 49 or are there some states nobody cares about?

No major beef, Wyoming is just one of the states that is pointless, and yes every state has a stereotype but most of the states that don't matter share like 3-4 different ones. (mountain state nobody lives in, midwest state that is populated entirely by corn, the south is racist state)

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

toanoradian posted:

There's no beef as far as I can tell. They're basically just saying that Wyoming is so rural, they have to hop on their horse and ride to another state just to voice their displeasure at the internet man who is making fun of them. I guess if you want a reason to dislike Utah, that's the state known for having a bunch of Mormons. And people generally don't care about the states in the middle of the country since most of the population is on the coasts, so those middle states are sometimes called flyover states. As in they exist for you to fly over them on your way to more important places.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

toanoradian posted:

Utah is envious because they can't wyome. That's about it, but the resentment runs deep.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Piell posted:

No major beef, Wyoming is just one of the states that is pointless, and yes every state has a stereotype but most of the states that don't matter share like 3-4 different ones. (mountain state nobody lives in, midwest state that is populated entirely by corn, the south is racist state)

Then there's the paradox of California because it's far to the south but it isn't The South.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Then there's the paradox of California because it's far to the south but it isn't The South.

When people talk about "the South" in America generally speaking they're referring to the states that were part of the Confederacy. Anything west of Texas is the "South-West" and California is kind of it's own thing.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

If you're a non-American and you read something about "The South", this should be translated as "The Southeast (except southern Florida)". This is known.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The real paradox of The South is that Florida gets less Southern the further south you go

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I'm very curious if anyone's even heard of a single thing about Deleware, which I live nearby to and only consider it when I have to drive to New York and slow down for the cops. The only thing I can think of is that every lovely company has an empty office space approximately 4'x4' where they are legally registered

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Mauser posted:

I'm very curious if anyone's even heard of a single thing about Deleware, which I live nearby to and only consider it when I have to drive to New York and slow down for the cops. The only thing I can think of is that every lovely company has an empty office space approximately 4'x4' where they are legally registered

The antique phonograph museum is really cool, that’s all I say for sure.

E- the Johnson Victrola museum https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34009-d270374-Reviews-Johnson_Victrola_Museum-Dover_Delaware.html

Snowy has a new favorite as of 04:30 on Apr 2, 2021

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Mauser posted:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mauser posted:

Joseph Biden, the senator from MBNA

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/ArthurRoso/status/1376708114175692800?s=19

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Mauser posted:

I have lived in or around Delaware my whole adult life, I love Delaware, and I'm ready to answer any of your Delaware questions. What would you like to know?

I did once have a bouncer in NYC look at my Delaware license and simply refuse that it was a state.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Fun fact, Wyoming has two escalators.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I have lived in or around Delaware my whole adult life, I love Delaware, and I'm ready to answer any of your Delaware questions. What would you like to know?

I did once have a bouncer in NYC look at my Delaware license and simply refuse that it was a state.

Yeah yeah and where were your parents born? Narnia??

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

What are the most popular Joe Biden paraphernalia

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Mauser posted:

this is the sum total of my knowledge about Delaware.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

toanoradian posted:

What are the most popular Joe Biden paraphernalia

All Delawareans have met Joe Biden or at least been physically around him at some point in their lives. It's a small state. I'd say the most popular paraphernalia is their Biden stories. They've all got one.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Zetsubou-san posted:

this is the sum total of my knowledge about Delaware.

They all have strong feelings about this joke. Mostly a lot of sighing when you bring it up, leavened with a small bit of pride that anyone referenced Delaware, ever.

Delawareans love whenever anything references the existence of Delaware. Nothing ever does. Even the ones that hate Biden like poison love the gently caress out of the fact that Delaware is now the center of the human universe.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/kobzilla_001/status/1377336952676962306?s=12

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

No sales tax

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Riven posted:

Fun fact, Wyoming has two escalators.

And two senators, with as much voting power as the two from California, a state with 68 TIMES as many people!

There are 31 cities in the US that are more populous than the entire state of Wyoming

~~~~~FuN WyOmINg FaCts~~~~~

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
While it's never explicitly stated in the book or the movie, the setting of Fight Club is inspired by Delaware.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Delaware comprises 1/3 of the polyp on America's bumhole that is the DelMarVa peninsula.

Not even the best 1/3

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Elviscat posted:

Delaware comprises 1/3 of the polyp on America's bumhole that is the DelMarVa peninsula.

Not even the best 1/3

Yeah, I'm sure you love the greater Salisbury area

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

"But Doctor," the man sobbed, "I am Delaware!"

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Growing up in New Jersey, Delaware was where we went if you wanted to go to a slightly different beach than usual.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah, I'm sure you love the greater Salisbury area

VA is the worst 1/3.

You want to go 5mph over the speed limit on this endless flat stretch of highway?

That's a ticket!

I got caught in a convoy of 20+ cars going down 13 at 65 in a 55, VA State Troopers blocked the entire highway ago they could ticket each and every one of us for this egregious crime.

E: and what the gently caress is a "bridge tunnel" loving pick one.

E2: at least VA has cheap smokes, I guess?

Elviscat has a new favorite as of 05:40 on Apr 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Delawhere??