Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

I'm going to do an Iai Counter Slash on fadam and cut him in half for the Pioneer bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

FWIW now that everyone wants to cut my head off or slice me in half I definitely regret doing it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Everyone has always wanted to cut your head off since the day you started posting here, they were just too intimidated by your chad-like posting in the MTG thread to actually speak on it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Look at that neck thickness, no imp is getting through that... for now

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

American McGay posted:

Everyone has always wanted to cut your head off since the day you started posting here, they were just too intimidated by your chad-like posting in the MTG thread to actually speak on it.

:nsamad:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lots of games have extensive postgame content but you know when you've beat a game IMO. sometimes it's killing the endboss, sometimes it's seeing the credits roll, sometimes it's getting an achievement or trophy, but you know it in your heart. when the game lets you, i tend to wait and do everything i want to do in the game before beating it, so it doesn't feel anticlimactic.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat record of lodoss war: deedlit in wonder labyrinth thanks everyone. its very good but maybe not as mechanically interesting as the toho game they made a few years ago. it's also set up like toho luna nights where its 6 discreet stages on a map there's not a lot of map searching. its pretty short and not very hard but thats fine. looks and sounds very nice it's impressive its just like 3 dudes + a composer basically. thanks.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Look at that neck thickness, no imp is getting through that... for now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I like fadam, partly genuinely because he’s such a character, and partly because if he weren’t here I’d easily be the Imp with the worst taste in games

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol. I still play AC games so I feel you bro

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fwiw i absolutely dontnconsider a monster hunter beat until you beat all of village/hub/mark of a hero and was mostly trolling knuc. fadam should be beaten with a large rod for imp zone pioneer though

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!

lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thanks man

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

imp zone recommendations for good games have taken up all the time I used to spend on bad games and probably would even if my time opened up more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this thread is for keeping track of games you beat, so at the end of the year you can go back and appreciate them. sometimes people like to ask about the game you beat. i dont believe i have to explain this to fadam who has been posting here for like 7 years

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. No More Heroes (Mild, True Ending, All T-Shirts)
2. Abe's Oddysee New n' Tasty (Hard Mode all 299 Mudokons saved):
3. Return of the Obra-Dinn
4. Dark Souls Remastered (Platinum Trophy):
5. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin NG+:
6. Sekiro: Shadow Dies Twice: I still have to play half the from games but I've played part of them all and beaten DAS 1 and 2 anyway I can't imagine any of them other than Bloodborne approaching the god like levels of sekiro. The parry system is the perfect level of simple/complex without any stupid stance stuff or equipment or anything. All the mainline bosses are better than most bosses in other games and the final three big boys are godly. The skills could have been capped way sooner though because you get most of the good ones early and the weapon arts aren't that crazy good anyway imo. Once you have mortal draw and shuriken I didn't get much use out of most other stuff but oh well! Just about to wrap up NG+ then gonna take a long break and do the gauntlets in a few weeks.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

this thread is for keeping track of games you beat, so at the end of the year you can go back and appreciate them. sometimes people like to ask about the game you beat. i dont believe i have to explain this to fadam who has been posting here for like 7 years

Jesus. Have they really?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i beat record of lodoss war: deedlit in wonder labyrinth thanks everyone. its very good but maybe not as mechanically interesting as the toho game they made a few years ago. it's also set up like toho luna nights where its 6 discreet stages on a map there's not a lot of map searching. its pretty short and not very hard but thats fine. looks and sounds very nice it's impressive its just like 3 dudes + a composer basically. thanks.

Just beat Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel and Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity, milord.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i liked the quake mission packs even though i only played them twice 50 biullion years ago. farfewlle

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

Jesus. Have they really?

i jusdt checked and its actually been 6 years almost to the day

fadam posted:

what's the tightest starting gun?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i jusdt checked and its actually been 6 years almost to the day

Six good years imo. What game was I asking about?

I know I get fun of a lot for playing Ubisoft games even though I don’t think I do that much (I can’t even remember the last one I played) but without Imp Zone and the Games Beat/Friday threads there’s a ton of cool games and series I’d probably never have played. I bought and played the original Nier after seeing people post about it and now that’s one of my favourite series of all time. I probably never would have played any Ys or DQ games either.

fadam fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 2, 2021

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Just beat Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel and Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity, milord.

Gioongrats

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

The ruling is Fadam needs to be decapitated with a scimitar ISIS style for introducing imp zone pioneer.

harsh but fair

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

Six good years imo. What game was I asking about?

I know I get fun of a lot for playing Ubisoft games even though I don’t think I do that much (I can’t even remember the last one I played) but without Imp Zone and the Games Beat/Friday threads there’s a ton of cool games and series I’d probably never have played. I bought and played the original Nier after seeing people post about it and now that’s one of my favourite series of all time. I probably never would have played any Ys or DQ games either.

Cheers to that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ubisoft games kick rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Dude...you cannot be serious about that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dude...you cannot be serious about that.

Check the calendar mate. 🤣

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Still laughing about the half a decade. What game was I asking about? Same with your previous post, sir.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Still laughing about the half a decade. What game was I asking about? Same with your previous post, sir.

Lol

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ghost of Tsushima
I had to turn the difficulty down because i was tbh not really enjoying the combat, just too repetitive.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!
yeah i burnt out on that cuz theres not much to do but fight dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Baxate posted:

Ghost of Tsushima
I had to turn the difficulty down because i was tbh not really enjoying the combat, just too repetitive.

I forget the name for it but there's a level of difficulty where it increases the damage you and the enemies do by a shitload to the point where you kill everything in 2-3 hits and they kill you in 3-4 and it's the only way to play the game imo, everything else it just feels too much like Assassin's Creed/Shadow of Mordor where combat is just slowly building up to your instant kill moves and you're never in any danger of dying because you can dodge/counter everything.

I really liked Ghosts a lot when I played it, enough to 100% it, but I'm beginning to think that's just because it was the first game I played after moving into a new apartment and getting a cool setup. Also the NBA playoffs were happening at the same time so it was good checklist gaming to just mindlessly chase foxes and do haiku while watching that.

fadam fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 3, 2021