Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Pollyanna posted:

Hit the end of a branch (for now) in Somnium Files. Destroy Core ending of the Minecraft parody. Going down another now.

This Somnium was great

I couldn’t help it!!

Harrow posted:

Also yeah Kasumi should appear more. I wish they'd found a way to get her into the party sooner.

When Kasumi is not on screen the other characters should be asking “Where’s Kasumi?”

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

thinking about the time in monster hunter you climb the tower of babel to fight cthulu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRTvIl7dt3w

Criticisms:
- boring run-up to boss
- panting
- 20 minute boss fight, boss got like 2 moves

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i wish they would rerelease mgs3 again. i know konami doesn't really make video games anymore but they do love repackaging their old games so maybe we'll get another mgs collection at some point. the only thing i have to play it on is the 3ds, and i would not like to play it at 240p20 again

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
it's pretty easy to emulate

however, and I cannot stress this enough, get a playstation vita

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i'm holding out hope for a switch version

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The one thing that sucks about Vita store being shut down is I feel like that's gonna make the likelihood of a port of Freedom Wars even more unlikely, which sucks bc that game seemed like it'd be a lot of fun with friends. Also a bunch of Vita stuff that never got localized and now never will :sigh:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It wasnt amazing or anything but I did want to know what would happen next in the freedom wars story, the setting was kinda cool...

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hey remember the MGS3 3DS port

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Criticisms:
- boring run-up to boss
- panting
- 20 minute boss fight, boss got like 2 moves
the run up is very funny, but there is another version of that map that cuts out the interior of the tower for other fights

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I just looked up the Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne remake since it just went up on the Switch store for preorder. I am glad(?) to inform you that there is paid DLC that replaces Raidou with Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

DalaranJ posted:

I just looked up the Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne remake since it just went up on the Switch store for preorder. I am glad(?) to inform you that there is paid DLC that replaces Raidou with Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

The Switch version has some menu lag issues, just so you know. Like, it brings the speedrun time up almost an hour and a half from how much lag there is.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

thinking about the time in monster hunter you climb the tower of babel to fight cthulu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRTvIl7dt3w

monster hunter is the dark souls of ps2-era games. like looking at this footage it's like looking at what dark souls would be if it came out back then (FU came out on PSP but same idea)

slow, yet methodical and precise combat, stats and information that is not presented to the player in the game, and just this pervasive pressure of trying to survive what the game throws at you. and boy does it throw everything it can.

meanwhile in the newest game i made very high pitched squealing noises when i made this palamute armor

it's so beautiful

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The Switch version has some menu lag issues, just so you know. Like, it brings the speedrun time up almost an hour and a half from how much lag there is.

I heard that, I'll probably end up buying it on PS4.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

once again i find myself listening to slough feg’s 2003 concept album “traveller,” based on the 1977 tabletop rpg “traveller.” it’s amazing not just in a “can you believe they made this” way but in a “this loving rips” way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhEb6NBZKBs

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Seems like we have a new Games mod all of a sudden.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah my star hasnt shown up yet but I am in fact a mod and will ban you

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Hey remember the MGS3 3DS port

Is that Snake Eater? I tried the demo and no thanks. They didn't even update it for the Circle Pad Pro/C Stick so you have to use ABXY to pan the camera and L1/R1 to aim and shoot. It's horrible.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Walla posted:

Is that Snake Eater? I tried the demo and no thanks. They didn't even update it for the Circle Pad Pro/C Stick so you have to use ABXY to pan the camera and L1/R1 to aim and shoot. It's horrible.

it does support the c stick but iirc you have to toggle it on manually in the game settings

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Weedle posted:

it does support the c stick but iirc you have to toggle it on manually in the game settings

Wait really? I didn't see that option in the demo.

Still dumb.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

13 Sentinels is finally on sale on the Aus PSN, so time to see what all the fuss is about.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Okay I woke up and went back to Persona. Like you said I had like two weeks between Futaba’s palace and the conclusion to knock out confidants. Kasumi gave me a dope grappling hook attack

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Roach Warehouse posted:

13 Sentinels is finally on sale on the Aus PSN, so time to see what all the fuss is about.

haha, yes, etc

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and reactions! :D

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s the best VN I’ve played in a while, hope you enjoy it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ah now I remember why I always go into shadowverse hibernation sooner or later, it's because I'm incapable of healthily dealing with the tilt of being on a losing streak in a competitive game

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Bideo James

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Auron or Auroff?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Aurin

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I beat Bravely Default 2 tonight. Good game and had some very satisfyingly difficult optional battles. I wish it had continued the tradition and done something clever with the II in the title though

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Absolutely not a fan of anyone adopting these bad anime style titles. Synopsis and title are different things.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"My Younger Fiancee Is Worried About Me Spending All My Time Trying To Pierce The Mysteries Of Life And Death So I Made A Big Monster Out Of Corpse Parts That's Angry At Me", Mary Shelley's pivotal work of romanticism.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mean, that title kind of owns

Weedle
May 31, 2006

My Little Simulacrum Can’t Be This Cute!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My Uncle Gave Me a Magic Ring and Now I Have to Go on a Quest to Throw it in a Volcano

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Relax Or DIE posted:

my brain when people are metal gear postin' :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mx4RE3jrTs

Oh snap, so that's where the MGS1 doot doot doots come from

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i mean, considering the game jam it's from

i think the title being like that is kind of the point

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think I'm gonna do the Dragon Quest bedtime thing but with Origami King, play to a save point per night

Also what a dunk

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i think i’m gonna buy red dead redemption 2. i’m replaying gta 5 and it’s still pretty fun but i want a better story with characters i like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I woke up early despite it being a day off, so used some time to play a little more Disco Elysium and panicked that I had a game over from reading an old letter.

Thank you Kim for looking after me.