Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jose posted:

Check out th leaflet
Christ!

https://twitter.com/sovietblobfish/status/1377762125028982784

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Dealing" with traveler incursions

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lol ffs. The 2019 Tory manifesto explicitly promised to persecute GRT people

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
gently caress me they're just turbo throttling right into fascism.

4 years of good vibes down the poo poo.

Next time someone inevitably harps on that it's my moral duty to vote Labour I'm not gonna be able to help myself.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Smithers party sure took that dril tweet about the racism dial as a good idea rather than an ironic shitpost

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

SteelMentor posted:

gently caress me they're just turbo throttling right into fascism.

4 years of good vibes down the poo poo.

Next time someone inevitably harps on that it's my moral duty to vote Labour I'm not gonna be able to help myself.

There hadn't been good vibes for a couple years. Although the time where Corbyn was shining and May was being a complete fuckup was a treasured moment until Labour decided to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Corbyn's time in Labour was the party's terminal lucidity phase. Now it's downhill from here.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

So is there any explanation for all this poo poo other than that some kind of op is deliberately taking down the UK Labour Party from within? Because this is beyond imagination.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the kind of people who were incompetent enough to accidentally let in a leftist leader are still incompetent once he’s left

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

oliwan posted:

"Dealing" with traveler incursions

https://twitter.com/lwhb__/status/1377871714307207169

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
Starmer's latest :yooge: LAW AND ORDER tweet has resulted in Jimmy Saville trending on twitter.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1377657867990360064

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagining kier as the shittest judge dredd in history

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Interested to see how the new old strategy of 'I was cracking skulls before it was cool' plays in the key demos

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

the sex ghost posted:

Interested to see how the new old strategy of 'I was cracking skulls before it was cool' plays in the key demos

"Oh look Nigel, Labour are trying to be fascists again! That's nice, we'll just vote for the actual fascists as usual."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmfao

https://twitter.com/charlotte2153/status/1377844506561818624?s=20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Knowing words is anti-semitism

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'd lie to know what she claims she thought it meant

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Yeah the problem was the sentence and the thought process behind writing and printing it, not just the last word lol

This has always been the problem with Labour though, there were layers of layers of employed and elected officials with appalling politics and attitudes and just taking the leadership and NEC was never going to clear out the crap beneath them which members had to associate with and listen to.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

imagine how different the UK would be if fawkes had been successful lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
To me, it's beginning to sound more more like a two party system isn't the best way to represent a population of 70 million people

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

This is the most grossly offensive part to me, it's not like they can't find permanent homes if they want FFS, they're not homeless.

Not to mention a number have permanent homes anyway.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

look at this loving papist stooge

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://twitter.com/MisterABK/status/1377917512206188545

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I trust Keith to deliver a final solution to the traveller problem by which I mean giving them room and board and an opportunity to work to benefit the community or something

what do you mean none of that is better

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this guy used to actually be knowledgeable about politics and stuff on the left but the last 5 years have completely rotted his brain

https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1377730933017747456?s=20

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jose posted:

low information Corbyn loyalist

mods, please

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
WDTATW talked about Stephen Bush on their awards show, he used to take Corbyn seriously and actually engage with his policy but once Corbyn left office Bush got hired by some foundation and is clearly being paid to write attack articles. Or just his brain melted. Or both

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's a member of the BoD now lol

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Hah, the way I feel about the English leaked a bit before I had my coffee.

It's amazing, how many people not cis tend to be very very angry lately. I wonder why...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What do you get if you toss Boris Johnson into a volcano?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

What do you get if you toss Boris Johnson into a volcano?

Euphoria.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A lavatory.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

SplitSoul posted:

A lavatory.

Extremely dumb. :golfclap:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jose posted:

for starters, both James VI/I and Prince Henry would have died in a successful Gunpowder Plot and the heirs apparent would have been, ooh, about five and ten years old by the end of it all, so you have a long regency there

alongside the monarchy, the plot would have killed off Francis Bacon, so there's a massive :can: for modern science right there

also, there'll be a massive pogrom of English Catholics in this scenario, so Ireland's probably hosed too

also, also, Spain and/or France would be loving horrified at this regicide so they'll probably complicate matters as well

so yeah, super different. Better after 400 years? Idk lol

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Venomous posted:

also, there'll be a massive pogrom of English Catholics in this scenario, so Ireland's probably hosed too

Actual big juicy lol at saying Ireland would be hosed because an english papist lit a fuse. Are you under the impression that Britain hasn't attempted to ethnically cleanse ireland multiple times with varying degrees of success? Like, have you heard of the penal laws?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its a way more interesting alternative hisotry scenario than what if hitler won ww2

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Southpaugh posted:

Actual big juicy lol at saying Ireland would be hosed because an english papist lit a fuse. Are you under the impression that Britain hasn't attempted to ethnically cleanse ireland multiple times with varying degrees of success? Like, have you heard of the penal laws?

Yeah imagine if there had been a regicide of a Stuart king followed by a large scale ethnic cleansing of Irish Catholics, glad we don't live in THAT alternative timeline nosiree

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Southpaugh posted:

I mean you're right, wasn't denying that, I just meant that Ireland was hosed in our timeline and it would have been just as hosed in this one lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah imagine if there had been a regicide of a Stuart king followed by a large scale ethnic cleansing of Irish Catholics, glad we don't live in THAT alternative timeline nosiree

what's your argument here, that Catholic ethnic cleansing wasn't 100% successful so it doesn't matter and we should support more of it?