Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

quote:

It's toxic to any sort of growth and it doesn't advance the cause at all - all it does is gently caress up this pretty cool web community we have going here, where, unlike almost anywhere else, people actually manage to exit that 99.9%. You have to quit loving it up. As an insane person, the success of this site is more important to me than the success of america, and if this thread cannot stop screaming at hapless liberals that they love rape and genocide until they leave forever in fear of losing their jobs, it has to go away.

well this forum is doomed if the admin is seeking 'growth' and cspam is 'loving it up'. Insane is an understatement, this place can't be 'successful' as anything that could possibly bring it success under whatever deranged metrics admin has would entirely choke the little remaining life this place has.

Those posts were just unadulterated lib "I'm really on your side" authoritarian bullshit. Thread should be gassed because admin said they liked it and that enough should be evidence it has missed the mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Smythe posted:

you fuckers can never take away my love love of aoc, based purely on thirst, devoid of rhetoric, intellect, or the single functioning neuron left in my perfectly ensmoothened withered brain

I unironically respect this 100x more than the people pretending there's policy reasons to cling to her.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

you fuckers can never take away my love love of aoc, based purely on thirst, devoid of rhetoric, intellect, or the single functioning neuron left in my perfectly ensmoothened withered brain

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DoomTrainPhD posted:

ok I caught up. Lmao that my unsourced quote made the mod from the unsourced quote have an absolute pissbaby meltdown of epic proportions that it’s STILL pissing them off enough to try and get unsourced quotes banned in Cspam. Holy poo poo.

whenever I see that mod's username I will think back about this whole thing and lol

thank you doomtrain for bringing content

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bideo James posted:

My favorite thing about all of the forums is that Games has a "believe women" rules post but D&D doesn't.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Smythe posted:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Top Gun Reference posted:

I mostly just lurk, but imagine thinking the posters ITT are the problem when people like this exist.

Also, how is blind quoting and mocking D&D posts any different from the goonlulz thread in FYAD or any of the goons.txt -style threads that have existed over the years? Laughing at bad posts has been a staple of this forum since forever.

because the d&d psychopaths constantly hate-read this and other cspam threads on the off chance that one of those hideous leftists -- one of whom is going to become the next timothy mcveigh or james hodgkinson, I'm sure of it! -- is doing the absolutely unspeakable crime of goofing on my ghoulish political opinion in a place where I can't ask my discord buddies to slap them with a sixer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
just leave the d&d nerds alone for a week or two, gently caress sakes lol. theyll get bored of reading this thread looking for outrage bait (the vile unsourced quotes) and then you can get back to it without 37 different mods and admins cracking skulls every 9 seconds. drat. little thing called TACT.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

stanning AOC on the basis of AWOOOGAH HUBBA-HUBBA is basically the only reason left to do so

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
big titty betrayal

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

just leave the d&d nerds alone for a week or two, gently caress sakes lol. theyll get bored of reading this thread looking for outrage bait (the vile unsourced quotes) and then you can get back to it without 37 different mods and admins cracking skulls every 9 seconds. drat. little thing called TACT.

I beg your pardon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a Loving Dog posted:

big titty betrayal

the most painful kind

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

concentration camps

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Top Gun Reference posted:

I mostly just lurk, but imagine thinking the posters ITT are the problem when people like this exist.

Also, how is blind quoting and mocking D&D posts any different from the goonlulz thread in FYAD or any of the goons.txt -style threads that have existed over the years? Laughing at bad posts has been a staple of this forum since forever.

I'm sure they plan on bleaching all the grey zones white.

Really don't see how they plan on achieving growth by making this message board just like every other message board on the internet, but what do I know?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Smythe posted:

the posts have been so bad though. who can focus on twitter randos and biden's dogs or whatever when the sweeps week of truly godawful posts is happening right next door?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

concentration camps

asian kids call this cram school fyi

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the posts have been so bad though. who can focus on twitter randos and biden's dogs or whatever when the sweeps week of truly godawful posts is happening right next door?

takes strength and constitution. i believe in u bro.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

The Pussy Boss posted:

concentration camps

Ooooo he did it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Smythe posted:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I upturned a bag of scrabble tiles and this is a transcript of what lay on my table. any resemblance to posts living or dead is entirely coincidental.

lmao

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
AOC's Nancy Pelosi speedrun is pretty impressive, not gonna lie

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

witchy posted:

in the qcs thread maine paineframe let drop that there are multiple people who regularly max out their cap of 12 daily reports lmao

lmao

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Smythe posted:

lmao

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

witchy posted:

in the qcs thread maine paineframe let drop that there are multiple people who regularly max out their cap of 12 daily reports lmao

Hmmm maybe there's a chance these reports are made in bad faith?

Nah, probably not!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Smythe posted:

skull.gif alt account spotted

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I upturned a bag of scrabble tiles and this is a transcript of what lay on my table. any resemblance to posts living or dead is entirely coincidental.

couldn't we just get a mod challenge? you can quote all the D&D posts you want, but it has to be handwritten, in cursive, using dot paper, with a Lamy or Faber Castell

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lmao

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1377976862622707717

yes, THESE babies came here of their own volition, as hardened criminals

"I don't want to excuse any of this, but"

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Smythe posted:

Hey, you do you!

*gives you the double finger guns*

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[BAYLESS nods]
You KNOW I am sensitive to the concentration camps
BAYLESS: Absolutely
STEPHEN A: BUT!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Excelzior posted:

[BAYLESS nods]

Lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Smythe posted:

you are severely overestimating the weird d&d discord report crew(and gjb's bruised ego)'s ability to let things go

this whole rivalry keeps going in the first place because they just cannot stop loving with us ever

e: also without the release valve of making fun of awful d&d posts more of us tend to wander into d&d, unable to resist the beautiful siren shouting rape apologia through a megaphone at our boat

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 16:42 on Apr 2, 2021

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Yinlock posted:

you are severely overestimating the ability of the weird d&d discord report crew(and gjb's bruised ego)'s ability to let things go

this whole rivalry keeps going in the first place because they just cannot stop loving with us ever

Crusty old Dean won't let CSPAM house have any fun. We're on like quadruple open probation at this point

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Excelzior posted:

[BAYLESS nods]

:hmmyes:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Excelzior posted:

[BAYLESS nods]

how can anyone hate this thread

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Excelzior posted:

[BAYLESS nods]

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

AOC's journey to the Democrat side is complete

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Excelzior posted:

[BAYLESS nods]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The message that we seem to be getting from Jeffrey's posts, intended or not, is that mass reporting and hounding the mods/admins gets the goods. So if we want anything to change in any forum, we just need to mass report stuff until we're such a headache that the mods give in to our demands just to quiet us down. Optionally get our own discord of weird obsessives. That is the clear precedent that has been set, and repeatedly.

OR

You can tell the people reporting poo poo in a forum they don't even read to put on their big-kid pants and suck it up, and accept that not everyone is going to agree with them, and to stay on their side of the fence. If they wander into CSPAM and see themselves being quoted unsourced, that's their problem.

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 16:48 on Apr 2, 2021