Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Mauser posted:

Petition to require that all English mmmrmmhrms be presented in at least one of the more useless European languages

Seeing as all Dutch people seem to speak English and German them I guess it is pretty redundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qqj63dCVqX1y54s2v.mp4

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Collapsing Farts posted:

That was supposed to go in another thread

almost as if you posted about farting, but it went the wrong way

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mauser posted:

Petition to require that all English mmmrmmhrms be presented in at least one of the more useless European languages

Like german

Or english

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

RickRogers posted:

Seeing as all Dutch people seem to speak English and German them I guess it is pretty redundant.

Dutch is just underwater English or underwater German depending on your perspective

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You wanna talk about pointless and devoid of any cultural value, let me tell you about Flemish

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Someone post the "can we just speak English?" Commercial

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Data Graham posted:

That's just Sloth though

Talk about forgetting to turn on your monitor sheesh

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Let's be honest, there's nothing more useless than Italians. The 70's Elvis of cultures.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Hyperlynx posted:

Meanwhile, the USA likes their children to be able to fight and die in the Forever War, but only their children between 18 and 21.

Ftfy

Mauser posted:

Does British English still count as European?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

pseudorandom posted:

Does British English still count as European?

English-language memes must now be in an Irish accent, we may not like this but Brexit means Brexit

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Let's be honest, there's nothing more useless than Italians. The 70's Elvis of cultures.

Yeah but that's good. Just eating and loving(?) all the time is good.

Not useful to me what other people do with their free time but inspirational.

Italian-Americans though, yeesh. Appropriating cosa nostra and ending up being Uncle Jerry on McMillions. Gabaghouls.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Thump! posted:

Dutch is just underwater English or underwater German depending on your perspective

Dutch is little baby English.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Sagebrush posted:

Dutch is little baby English.

It's also the language I start reading and actually understanding, thinking it's German, but then I go cross eyed

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Yeah but that's good. Just eating and loving(?) all the time is good.

Not useful to me what other people do with their free time but inspirational.

Italian-Americans though, yeesh. Appropriating cosa nostra and ending up being Uncle Jerry on McMillions. Gabaghouls.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

*It’sa never racist

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Cocaine Bear posted:

You wanna talk about pointless and devoid of any cultural value, let me tell you about Flemish

Flemish isn't a language

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Flemish isn't a language

isn't it what you spit out after you clear your throat?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
[surprised italian voice] Pasta spaghetti!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

RickRogers posted:

It's also the language I start reading and actually understanding, thinking it's German, but then I go cross eyed

Dutch is just post-rural German, if you read German you can just pretend to understand it and you'll get 90% of it.

English was never European, there's an ocean between the British isles and civilization.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Dutch is fun! I used to fly KLM a lot through Schipoli so I got to hear a lot of it while traveling, also my SO is almost proficient. I do still have the problem where I think of trying to speak Dutch and think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SwlqFc8RHA

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BonHair posted:

Dutch is just post-rural German, if you read German you can just pretend to understand it and you'll get 90% of it.

English was never European, there's an ocean between the British isles and civilization.

if people can swim across it, its not an ocean. just saying

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Y’all got any of them uhhh forklift cert memes?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How! posted:

Y’all got any of them uhhh forklift cert memes?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

everyone on this god drat site has brain damage
For our next experiment, we will try turning on the patient's monitor.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I attend the only school system in the country with an Italian-American anti-racism program and affirmative action committee. You’ll never guess where

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

theflyingexecutive posted:

I attend the only school system in the country with an Italian-American anti-racism program and affirmative action committee. You’ll never guess where

Minot, North Dakota?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

East Haven, gotta be.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Italy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

New Jersey

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

East New Italy

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Pasta e fagioli High-a School, Da Bronx Baybee, NYC?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

boyardeeng school

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Our Mama of Eternal Mia

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gabagool Academy of East Staten Island

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Literally the only contributions to American culture by the Italians were the video game plumber and the pepto bismol spicy meatball guy, and those dudes were, respectively, japanese and greek.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Literally the only contributions to American culture by the Italians were the video game plumber and the pepto bismol spicy meatball guy, and those dudes were, respectively, japanese and greek.

Let's be fair, Italians also gave American culture pineapple on pizza

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

vyelkin posted:

Let's be fair, Italians also gave American culture pineapple on pizza
That was a Greek dude in Canada 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0om09RR6VdE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Greek restauranteurs being creative with regional foods has led to so much malaise and agitation