Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Uhhhh... is Sharon the Power Broker?

I'd give it 50/50.

If she's the Power Broker then that'd mean it's a title handed down since Zemo knew of him before being locked up in Civil War. I could see it being like the Shadow Broker from Mass Effect. People deal with the power and fear, not the individual.

Alternatively

She's playing the boys as a CIA/rogue operative. Someone shot Selby and I find it hard to believe it was the Power Broker, unless it was to punish her for spilling the beans. Also, destroying the lab and Nagel would be very hard to explain away as the Power Broker's motive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I think Sharon is in deep cover as a burned spy in the Power Broker's org but not herself the Power Broker.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Speculation:Sharon's working for Steve. I'm still hella suspicious that Sam doesn't deny the moonbase thing from ep 1. He deflects. And in the therapy scene he talks about Steve not understanding him not taking the shield in the present tense.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

AngryBooch posted:

I think Sharon is in deep cover as a burned spy in the Power Broker's org but not herself the Power Broker.

Sharon is the reboot Burn Notice

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like how Bucky's all "Remember when we became fugitive war criminals? Those were the days. Let's do that again."

Little weird to not have any Southeast Asian speaking roles in a Singapore analog.

I can't shake the idea that masked Zemo looks like X The Eliminator from Harvey Birdman.

I wonder if they planned for Okoye to be in this instead of Ayo. Or maybe Okoye's going to be the new BP?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 2, 2021

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

sticklefifer posted:

I like how Bucky's all "Remember when we became fugitive war criminals? Those were the days. Let's do that again."

Little weird to not have any Southeast Asian speaking roles in a Singapore analog.

I can't shake the idea that masked Zemo looks like X The Eliminator from Harvey Birdman.

I love that Bucky was so next-level covert ops that he broke Zemo out of jail under Sam's nose and then told him about it with a "hypothetical." Also Sam and Zemo being huge "Trouble Man" fans was pretty awesome, too.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

AngryBooch posted:

I'm going that way too. I'm rewatching and even Zemo realized there was something off about Sharon's behavior. It's a very subtle face reaction he makes when she call all bullshit and starts calling Bucky Steve's pet, I just loved that So there might be something going on there.

Oh yeah, I'm loving the hell out of this Zemo and put him in the list of characters I wish aren't killed off by the end of the show.

And crazy fan theory because I wanna have fun: The power broker is a DR. VICTOR VON DOOM :doom:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Madripoor Low Town looks cool as gently caress

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I just rewatched it and my 99% confidence prediction is that they're definitely looping around back to Isaiah. The dialogue with Nagel with cuts to the half empty flasks are to signal he's had no success in reproducing the serum without Isaiah's blood. He's a hack only able to get by with what he stole from the US government. That's why whoever killed him isn't concerned with him so much. He's not the key to the super soldier serum. Isaiah is.

Also this show's credit of Filmed in Georgia is a real loving yikes for obvious reasons.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Thundercracker posted:

I just rewatched it and my 99% confidence prediction is that they're definitely looping around back to Isaiah. The dialogue with Nagel with cuts to the half empty flasks are to signal he's had no success in reproducing the serum without Isaiah's blood. He's a hack only able to get by with what he stole from the US government. That's why whoever killed him isn't concerned with him so much. He's not the key to the super soldier serum. Isaiah is.

Also this show's credit of Filmed in Georgia is a real loving yikes for obvious reasons.

The person who killed Nagel was Zemo. And Zemo did it specifically to prevent further SSS from being produced.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Everyone posted:

The person who killed Nagel was Zemo. And Zemo did it specifically to prevent further SSS from being produced.

That merc with the rpg didn't seem too concerned with blowing up the scientist's lab and presumably they were sent by the power broker

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

What if Sharon's Dad, Peggy Carter's brother(? nephew?), is the Power Broker, that's why she specifically mentioned he doesn't know where she is?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Its Rinaldo posted:

Sharon is the reboot Burn Notice

Would watch the hell out of that

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh yeah, I'm loving the hell out of this Zemo and put him in the list of characters I wish aren't killed off by the end of the show.

I wouldn't mind if Zemo met his end, only for some kind of mysterious, patriotic swashbuckler in a white star mask to show up in his absence.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Digital Jedi posted:

Would watch the hell out of that

With Zemo as "Sam Axe" and Karli as "Fiona."

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Its Rinaldo posted:

That merc with the rpg didn't seem too concerned with blowing up the scientist's lab and presumably they were sent by the power broker

They were after the reward.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ugh I hate when shows do this super-crime-town gimmick.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Uhhhh... is Sharon the Power Broker?

It would be an interesting twist but the power broker is an actual person in the comics, not a title as such

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Martytoof posted:

I mean, how many shows do that? Outside of Gotham I can't think of one

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
This episode lost me pretty hard. The pace felt completely off with everything happening so quickly. I really enjoyed last episode, but overall, this series feels all over the place.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Madripoor isn't precisely "super crime town", it's another comic book micronation run by a supervillain (traditionally Madam Hydra iirc)

It's basically just a pirate themed Latveria

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Martytoof posted:

That's straight from the comics for Madripool.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Thundercracker posted:

I mean, how many shows do that? Outside of Gotham I can't think of one

I don’t know if it’s a lot, it’s just a gimmick I hate. I don’t really watch a LOT of TV so maybe I’m just unlucky that I find the few shows that do. Gotham, this, Picard had that stupid lawless planet. I might be able to come up with one or two more if I think about.

Mos Eisley :mad:

Codependent Poster posted:

That's straight from the comics for Madripool.

That’s fair, I can imagine this totally being a comics thing. I don’t know anything about them so I still think it’s a dumb gimmick but I’m perfectly willing to believe that I’m the only one who thinks so.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I thought this was the best episode of the show so far. I appreciated they cut past all the prison guff to have Zemo team up with Falcon and Bucky for the whole ep and I found Madripoor enjoyably campy.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Someone needs to gif Zemo dancing

https://twitter.com/thedavidraff/status/1378088305556914179?s=21

Someone’s got you covered

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

live with fruit posted:

They were after the reward.

Yes but you'd think the Power Broker would say "Also, since they are looking for some of my stuff and guys don't blow it up."

Though watch that crew were sent by Zemo to clean up the lab after and make it look like they were being chased which is why Power Broker Sharon was weirded out since she didn't send those mercs. THEORIZING

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 3, 2021

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Its Rinaldo posted:

Yes but you'd think the Power Broker would say "Also, since they are looking for some of my stuff and guys don't blow it up."

Whoopsie... Figure the Power Broker isn't going to say, "Please don't blow up my scientist who has perfected the Captain America serum and is working in shipping container XXX."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Thundercracker posted:

Georgia has one of those tax break regimes like Toronto or Vancouver that makes it super cheap to film there as long as you put their logo in the credits.

Disney probably have their chips on Watching Very Closely But Hoping It All Goes Away like most businesses did with North Carolina's bathroom bill, but even if they pulled out of GA tomorrow, most of Phase 4 will still have the credit because MCU poo poo is expensive as it is and the Mouse is not going to take a money hit when they could flash a logo for two seconds.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
They should really take more care to film in a non-problematic area in the United States like

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cage Kicker posted:

They should really take more care to film in a non-problematic area in the United States like
Not into this attitude one iota. Let's keep giving places money who are on step one of a genocide because other places are bad too?

Spare me.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I completely forgot Zemo was in Civil War.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Sorry I'm not keeping up very well, but right now we're condemning...Georgia? As an entity? The entirety of the region?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

BrianWilly posted:

Sorry I'm not keeping up very well, but right now we're condemning...Georgia? As an entity? The entirety of the region?

No, not the region, just all of the human beings that live in the region, presumably.

BTW, I love your avatar in this thread because I keep thinking that "homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand" is going to eventually become one of Bucky's aliases.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TinTower posted:

Georgia has one of those tax break regimes like Toronto or Vancouver that makes it super cheap to film there as long as you put their logo in the credits.

Disney probably have their chips on Watching Very Closely But Hoping It All Goes Away like most businesses did with North Carolina's bathroom bill, but even if they pulled out of GA tomorrow, most of Phase 4 will still have the credit because MCU poo poo is expensive as it is and the Mouse is not going to take a money hit when they could flash a logo for two seconds.

Marvel's moved a ton of their production to Australia now, so it might be moot anyway.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
lol at calling Karli's actions a face heel turn or morally ambiguous

The GRC are a bunch of jackboots, she's still a good guy and is in fact the goodest guy.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

This episode was loving weird. The second half felt like an entirely different thing really divorced from what I find appealing with Marvel stuff. The beginning was very character-driven and then it became an episode of 24.

Gunfights are like the most boring action sequence you can have and it felt like it lasted really long, and it's getting away from what interested me so much with the first two episodes. I'm really feeling the episodic TV budget on this one. I know Bucky used guns plenty of times as the Winter Soldier but it's really funny to see this guy I know is a big scary former-mindwashed supersoldier with a metal arm, and he's like... just firing a pistol and wearing street clothes. And Zemo putting on the mask for like 5 seconds and then taking it off.

I'm gonna give it another episode or two because I'm still really interested in the pieces they've been putting down, but I'm not going to be surprised if they don't really capitalize on any of it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rockstar Massacre posted:

lol at calling Karli's actions a face heel turn or morally ambiguous

The GRC are a bunch of jackboots, she's still a good guy and is in fact the goodest guy.

Feels like blowing up an Amazon wearhouse, killing its employees because you have issues with Jeff Bezos. Maybe the guard was scum, but I'm sure the rest of the employees weren't garbage.

I like how this episode shows that US Agent thinks that he deserves respect just because he's wearing the outfit. He doesn't need to earn respect and admiration, he is owed it simply by putting on his uniform. Like Cops, they don't have to not be huge pieces of poo poo to get people to respect them, they're cops, they automatically deserve everyone's respect.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Wait, I'm confused.

Is Sharon the boat?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

ApeHawk posted:

Wait, I'm confused.

Is Sharon the boat?

No she's the boats niece, called a dinghy in some places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ApeHawk posted:

Wait, I'm confused.

Is Sharon the boat?

Sharon is the 'ship. And you just know that some twisted person is "shipping" her with John Walker.