Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

loving score! Found 6 doses of speed in the back of the truck by the Paledriver Johnny loving Thundercop is back, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

New Cuno is actually tolerable to listen to, which makes him pretty much a different character.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Jack Trades posted:

I got Moralism on my first playthrough and I don't remember doing anything special to get it.

sounds like moralism is working as intended

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I punched Cuno and had to restart I felt terrible sorry cop reporting for duty

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Most of the Moralism options arnt explicit support for the idea, and more about ho-humming when the game offers you the chance to express an opinion.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

GlyphGryph posted:

Yeah the fact that the narration completely cuts out whenever anyone talks, even if it means cutting out or picking up halfway through a goddamn sentence is super weird and confusing.

Also the way the narrator pronounces some words is weird as gently caress. "yoo rhine all" was especially hilarious. Is that actually how brits say that? It sounds incredibly dumb.

But I'm really enjoying it.

I don't have any clue. I was just as careful as I could be not to ever remember jack poo poo, and honestly the game acted all shocked as it listed off the many, many things, some of which I wouldn't have expected, as stuff I'd somehow completely avoided. The three I remember it listing was NOT looking at the dolores mural in the church and NOT grabbing the little figurine in the pawn shop and NOT checking inside the ledger

I did it as part of my ultraliberal hustler path because honestly I see each ideology (as Harry embraces them, anyway) primarily as a personal coping method, and the ultraliberal path is definitely "distracting myself with inanities and delusions to completely avoid engaging with the world or its past on any level whatsoever in favour of building a pleasing fantasy unencumbered by all the poo poo that's happened before (but with a fundamental sense that something about the world has been incredibly unfair to me and I absolutely do NOT want to think about what it was)".

My canonical Harry is definitely a fasco-communist though. A tragic past he can never regain, multiple personal reasons to hate foreigners and women, the feeling that there's no hope for the future and that better things aren't really possible because better things happened and look how it ended? The endless drinking oneself into oblivion as a result of your self-loathing. But maybe, maybe, maybe... someday, with a revolutionary act like erasing his entire memory, he can start over and build something new.

Makes sense. I group Communist!Harry with Sorry Cop on similar grounds. "Coping" by feeling bad about yourself all the time.

E: But also Art Cop because Conceptualization and Rhetoric are neighbors

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I think there's a pair of pants that make you a Moralist.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Seems to be a couple of misplaced voice lines here and there, some lines for "man with sunglasses" are missing all together, all you hear is like a sound of a microphone turning off or something like that.

e: I think I counted ~4 straight up missing lines from the conversation with "man with sunglasses" in the Whirling, as I mentioned just plays a sound like a microphone turning off.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 2, 2021

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Theres definitely a few times when the vocal narration hasnt remotely matched the associated text.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Vagabong posted:

Most of the Moralism options arnt explicit support for the idea, and more about ho-humming when the game offers you the chance to express an opinion.

Yeah, I got it (along with commie and ultralib) on my core playthrough, and I'm pretty sure it just has heavy overlap with boringcop choices.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

How do you clean up your mental health and get a good ending? Im trying really hard to clean up my act and help Harry move on with his life but I think I already triggered the bad end flags by reading the letter in the ledger.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
All the ends are amazing and awful at once. Do you think ignoring your past will heal the wounds it's left on you?

Default advice : Just loving play and see what happens.

Advice if you've played through multiple times : Say so when posting a question. Rather changes the context.

Boring UI question, how do you use the fast travel system? I've unlocked a couple of places but say, opening the Map doesn't seem to do anything I thiiink?
EDIT : After several times of the Map not having travel options (while still after the game said Quick Travel location unlocked) at some point when I opened the map it did over the 'Click on this place to hop over' so... hooray?

Tylana fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 2, 2021

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have started my second playthrough and haven't even left the Whirling in Rags with more random thoughts and tasks than the first time I played the game

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
it's genuinely really impressive how different each playthrough can feel despite basically doing the exact same thing each time

i just played board games with kim and honestly cannot believe i missed that the first time round

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Kraftwerk posted:

How do you clean up your mental health and get a good ending? Im trying really hard to clean up my act and help Harry move on with his life but I think I already triggered the bad end flags by reading the letter in the ledger.

It helps if you douse yourself in bug pheremones.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

christmas boots posted:

It helps if you douse yourself in bug pheremones.

"It's a Kafka high..."

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:pcgaming: I completed the fascism spirit quest and :pcgaming: For Succeeding a greater than or equal to 18 red Endurance check, Endurance tells you love and loyalty is ALL poo poo[but Half Light said it first:smug:] and gives you the option of metaphorically burning down Revachol and going back to your ex wife's love in an airship, OR you can abandon your love and turn to Revachol.

:siren: But for Kim :siren: You can also say if Kim can be with you in the airship, and he can :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

No matter what happens You get A NEW EXPRESSION

HOWEVER, IF YOU :dawkins101: FAIL :dawkins101:

:hmmyes:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jack Trades posted:

I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't unique voices for all the skills and it's just the narrator.

somewhat agree, but the dude does enough changes in tone and poo poo that it mostly works. apparently the devs thought it would confuse/overwhelm people too much if you had like 5 people screaming at you constantly.

GlyphGryph posted:

Yeah the fact that the narration completely cuts out whenever anyone talks, even if it means cutting out or picking up halfway through a goddamn sentence is super weird and confusing.

Also the way the narrator pronounces some words is weird as gently caress. "yoo rhine all" was especially hilarious. Is that actually how brits say that? It sounds incredibly dumb.

But I'm really enjoying it.

those are glitches. the game is glitchy as gently caress with voice poo poo right now.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Dapper_Swindler posted:

somewhat agree, but the dude does enough changes in tone and poo poo that it mostly works. apparently the devs thought it would confuse/overwhelm people too much if you had like 5 people screaming at you constantly.

those are glitches. the game is glitchy as gently caress with voice poo poo right now.

Probably fair. If they'd included different voices I absolutely would have tried a 6/6/6/6 cheat run to bask in the cacophony of some 30 screaming into the void.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Kraftwerk posted:

You are thinking completely wrong about what things are connected to a "good" ending. Do all the side quests you come across, be thorough in conversations, make choices that reflect how you think and feel or how you want the character to think and feel. The game does not punish you with a "bad" ending because you dared to engage with its content.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I guess I'll need to play through to see it, but I honestly don't see how failing to remember your ex-wife could be the "good" ending. Heck, if anything that sounds like the bad ending where Harry doesn't even start his way down the road to recovery--at least, the message I got from the game was that the only way Harry can heal is by getting in touch with the truth of what he is, by understanding and accepting his faults, and having a heartfelt desire to change that's matched by a determination to see it through.

Harry's communist leanings, if that's how you choose to play him, are a blatant metaphor for that, I think. Similarly, if you want to set Harry down the road to recovery from his alcohol problem, he needs to recognise and internalise the related thought for it, which makes clear that recovery will be a constant struggle. Just happening to not drink anything in the game doesn't actually solve his drinking problem. To heal, Harry's going to need to realise how self destructive his memories of his ex are and find a way to process them without spiralling into doom, not merely avoid them for a grand total of like 4 days.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Everyone has been pretty unanimous that this is the ONLY behaviour and that narration on lines with spoken dialogue is simple not, ever, voiced

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Is there anything special you have to do to initiate one of the political vision quests?

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Does anyone else get a bug where certain sound effects don't respect your audio settings? I had a little jump when the sound effect for Kim unzipping his jacket was several times louder than anything else in the game.

I think this bug happened to me when I played the initial release too!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Randarkman posted:

Is there anything special you have to do to initiate one of the political vision quests?

I think 1) You need to internalize one of the main political thoughts acquired 2) say some more stuff in accord with the political thought you internalized after then[maybe need 10 or more points in what political ideology you adhere to?] 3) pick the political "why do you get up and do X" during a dream and accept the vision quest when you wake up.

In my case I internalized the fascism thought (Rechavolian Nationhood) and kept saying more fascist things after, and when I went to sleep on Wednesday, the skills talked to me in the dream asking about why I get up every day and do stuff. Empathy said "for the greater good"[Moralism?] Savoire Faire said "for the money"[Almost certainly ultraliberal] and one of my physical skills said "for Revachol/love". I picked the physical one and Endurance started briefing me on how to turn back time and who to seek out (racist and fascist characters like Gary, the lorry driver guy, and Measurehead). Measurehead ended up being the most "useful" and after doing a difficult check with him, continued the quest.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GlyphGryph posted:

Everyone has been pretty unanimous that this is the ONLY behaviour and that narration on lines with spoken dialogue is simple not, ever, voiced

the reddit seems to think its glitch but i have run into others like that too.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Goddamn, it really does feel lovely to get the old lady in the fishing village to agree to Evrart's real etate plan I know there is an alternative, I did it the first time, but my stats Logic is really low, and I already failed once.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I've played before twice, and both times failed to get the armored boots off the corpse.

The first playthrough I didn't really try, while the second time I THOUGHT I did everything right, but never had the option to remove the boots after I put the body in the fridge & went back to it after Kim went home. I couldn't figure out what I messed up so I just continued playing.

Is there something you have to besides get the body down & send Kim away to be given the option to take the boots off?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Which vision quest is activated by psyche? So far I got ultraliberal I think, which was motorics, and communist, which was intellect. Or is it random? Or does it depend on skills, not abilities?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

macabresca posted:

Which vision quest is activated by psyche? So far I got ultraliberal I think, which was motorics, and communist, which was intellect. Or is it random? Or does it depend on skills, not abilities?

Pretty sure it's Moralism, and the skill is Volition
read: I found the pants (though I might be misremembering the actual skill already).

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 2, 2021

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I dont know why people act like moralism is such a hard ideology to get in this game. It doesnt even matter what you choose, so long as you wear the right clothes you're a Moralist!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Woah they added fail states to the final cut? I hosed up shooting the body down and was so ashamed i quit being a cop and went to live under a bridge apparently :wtc:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Woah they added fail states to the final cut? I hosed up shooting the body down and was so ashamed i quit being a cop and went to live under a bridge apparently :wtc:

That's been a thing before final cut, you took enough morale/volition damage after failing to prove Kim's marksmanship wrong, didn't pop some magnesium in time, and gave up.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Being able to get a game over from morale and health damage has always been a thing, and if your Volition is low, interactions with Cuno (or getting laughed at by him) are dangerous :v: Still, they let you take healing items even as your last health or morale point bleeds away if you have any.

So, spoiler question for the harbor: Have you always been able to steal a pile of meds from René's guard booth or was that a later addition? I was in too bad a shape to make it through the conversation with Edvart, but since I snuck into the harbor I couldn't leave. I thought I was trapped until I found healing items each for my health and morale, which will help me through. The fact that it's 3 magnesium particularly seems like it's there to avoid this kind of failure state.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 2, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Psykmoe posted:

Being able to get a game over from morale and health damage has always been a thing, and if your Volition is low, interactions with Cuno (or getting laughed at by him) are dangerous :v: Still, they let you take healing items even as your last health or morale point bleeds away if you have any.

So, spoiler question for the harbor: Have you always been able to steal a pile of meds from René's guard booth or was that a later addition? I was in too bad a shape to make it through the conversation with Edvart, but since I snuck into the harbor I couldn't leave. I thought I was trapped until I found healing items each for my health and morale, which will help me through. The fact that it's 3 magnesium particularly seems like it's there to avoid this kind of failure state.

To answer your question: It has always been that way but I missed it too at first.

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Pfft. Last time I played I had a catastrophic mental breakdown over failing to unlock my car. :colbert:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:siren: there's a reaction speed check with Acele after dealing with the skulls that doesn't censor the narration of PISSF***** :siren:

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Sorry if this has been asked but is one this drastically better (controls, UI, graphics, etc) played on PC vs console?

BurningBeard posted:

After screwing around with this for a little longer, can’t recommend for PS4. Framerate is pretty gnarly, and I looked into the voicing issue I was having. Something is definitely broken with it, because vids I’ve watched are fully VO’ed barring just the interstitial post quote lines. Have had all VO completely drop out too, apropos of nothing mid conversation. I do have it set to full, FWIW.

Aside from that, the targeting system they have for interactables is pretty bad and touchy.

Hopefully it gets a patch because it looks like a lot of fun, but definitely can’t recommend it in its current state. Apparently the framerate issues are also happening on PS5 from what I’ve read, but can’t speak to any of the other bugs I’ve encountered carrying over.

Is this the consensus?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

My canonical Harry is definitely a fasco-communist though. A tragic past he can never regain, multiple personal reasons to hate foreigners and women, the feeling that there's no hope for the future and that better things aren't really possible because better things happened and look how it ended? The endless drinking oneself into oblivion as a result of your self-loathing. But maybe, maybe, maybe... someday, with a revolutionary act like erasing his entire memory, he can start over and build something new.

Wow, I only just realized the the women and foreigners angle with revachol nationhood. It felt weird how does hatred of women enter the equation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Dignity Van Houten posted:

Sorry if this has been asked but is one this drastically better (controls, UI, graphics, etc) played on PC vs console?

Is this the consensus?

I'm playing on PS5, and haven't had any issues with graphics or frame rate, and I much, much prefer the movement and general controls to the PC version, but I generally don't like playing PC games because I just prefer chilling with a controller on my couch or whatever to sitting up at a PC and using m+kb. Although I think the Steam version now also has full controller support, so if you don't have a PS5, maybe just get it on Steam. The one minor annoyance has been selecting things with the right analog stick, but it just took me a little while to figure out how it works and I haven't noticed it much since. Also haven't had any crashes, etc.