Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

i've got a bug to report for some reason the music in the boss rush room is now unlistenable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
The Mines track is good. Everything else in the game sounds like everything else in the game to me, which is unfortunate.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the music for the Final FINAL boss is really good imo
I also like the Downpour and Ashpit themes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
god fuckin damnit dude. lost a fantastic isaac run

had piercing scythes with fruit cake (fruit cake is fuckin rad. didnt get ipecac'd a single time and got constant godheads) gimpy high tear rate and almost full soul heart health.

go into the mirror, and i head towards the item room. i murder the room but one of those skulls that leap out of pits jumped and not only did he hit me once taking my mantle, he fuckin pushed me right on his path and double tapped me. what the gently caress is this bullshit, man i swear theyre barely visible

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Augus posted:

the music for the Final FINAL boss is really good imo
I also like the Downpour and Ashpit themes

yeah i really like downpour. ashpit is cool too. mines sounds like "This is Halloween" from nightmare before christmas to me, which makes it funny to me for insanely stupid reasons.

also, i know ridiculon is capable of good catchy tunes cause bumbo had quite a few of them, and the Cellar theme in rebirth is the best song in the game, with burning basement close behind.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I really don't care for the bouncing skulls

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

il_cornuto posted:

Strong disagree with this at least if you're talking about Bethany, she's really fun. It's not like it's hard to replace the orbitals, and there's a fun element of strategy in choosing when to use your stored spirit hearts.
Had a great run with her with Dead Sea Scrolls, and also managed to crash the game by using Box of Friends multiple times in one room

"Character who can't use soul hearts but who can use actives multiple times in a row" is a cool concept. "You have to avoid attacks with your orbitals or you'll lose your damage" is not. I hate having all my orbitals wiped out by a charging attack that I dodged.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i've had the music muted for like 440 of my 445 hours playing this game. i open spotify and listen to good music instead

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I've never had so much fun yet simultaneously being so angry. These new floors are fun but loving frustrating, also those little water skimmer things during Curse of Darkness can burn in hell

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

"Character who can't use soul hearts but who can use actives multiple times in a row" is a cool concept. "You have to avoid attacks with your orbitals or you'll lose your damage" is not. I hate having all my orbitals wiped out by a charging attack that I dodged.
That depends a lot on what active item you're using. Some of them you actively want your wisps to pop because it'll trigger the active and low-charge items means you're constantly at max wisps.

I think Bethany is among my highest WR characters just because you can get hard carried by...pretty much any active item really. Even Kidney Bean which is usually a hard pass for me was incredibly strong on her.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

i've had the music muted for like 440 of my 445 hours playing this game. i open spotify and listen to good music instead

i have 800 hours and ive done this for like 750 of them. i turned on the music to check out the new tracks. i turn it off for the normal route with the new charas tho lol.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I only listen to the game music when I have it modded to use older/other tracks
The Ridiculon music is fine but is has so little personality

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
How do you enter the mirror? Made the mistake of bombing them, shooting tears at them and I can't walk into them so idk.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Desdinova posted:

How do you enter the mirror? Made the mistake of bombing them, shooting tears at them and I can't walk into them so idk.

Pay attention to an unusual new element in the floor elsewhere.
run into a white fire somewhere in the floor

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
I'm actually really starting to gel with the new content, hard as it is. The bosses are good, and something's been done to the item pool because i feel like I'm getting more consistently decent loadouts than from afterbirth. Pills don't completely suck anymore either. I'd mostly stopped playing because of the item pool bloat making it hard to get stat increases and low damage runs aren't fun.

I will say I was sort of disappointed even with all the other content that there were only two new unlockable characters.

lol just kidding alt unlocks for every single character, don't miss that red outline by mom's room. I didn't really get to see the new actual for real final bosses because I had guppy and a build with a thousand strong tears that ate themselves to get stronger so they just got poo poo on before appearing on screen. I don't remotely understand how alt cain's crafting bag works yet

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
My experience was that my first three hours were miserable slogs with little to no damage upgrades and 0 soul hearts, but now im doing pretty alright. Devil deal reworks really put on a squeeze on the soul hearts, and the increased shot speed really got me hosed up at first but im managing.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Yeah that one secret is insane and something I’m surprised hasn’t happened until now

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Irony Be My Shield posted:

That's why you save spare charges for those moments, so you can replace your orbitals quickly

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

ArfJason posted:

mines sounds like "This is Halloween" from nightmare before christmas to me, which makes it funny to me for insanely stupid reasons.

it also has a countermelody that’s straight out of luigi’s mansion which is extremely funny to me as well

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Bethany + The Candle is pretty fun. The orbitals only last for the duration of the room and candle shots do a lot of damage, so it's not a big deal to lose them, and soul hearts let you spam fires when needed.

Also Almond Milk + Brimstone gives you a nearly-instant-shooting, 360-degree aimable firehose that is pretty great despite the low damage.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Pretty big bug here, don't go for the new final boss if you pass through caves/mines XL on the way. You can't get past this room without some way to create a trapdoor/level skip:

Spoilers because of new character.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Black August posted:

I only listen to the game music when I have it modded to use older/other tracks
The Ridiculon music is fine but is has so little personality

I find the music pretty hit and miss but if you make it to the super secret area the Home you owe it to yourself to turn up the music for the fight with Dogma and The Beast 'cause they're both really good.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Vegastar posted:

I find the music pretty hit and miss but if you make it to the super secret area the Home you owe it to yourself to turn up the music for the fight with Dogma and The Beast 'cause they're both really good.

Yeah, those are legitimately good tracks. My ideal will be a mix and match of the three OSTs once modding is turned back on.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Only need to get hit once when you've got a tough boss almost dead to get teleported out of the room and have to start over again (or reset)

Don't get me wrong, it's not a secret OP top tier item or anything, just that to me it's not the absolutely always avoid never ever touch a blind red chest item just in case (unless you're Lilith/have incubus) tier.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jacob and esau too hard

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Nvm on the whole Lost thing, it turns out the game decided to give me Tech X + Sacred Heart from an Angel Room AND the Blank Card/Jera/Credit Card/whatever lets you have 2 card/runes. If I had managed to get Restock I'd have pretty much won the game, I think I wasted all my luck in existance.

Killed Husk with minimal problems and then died to Delirium because gently caress his patterns, revived thanks to Guppy's collar and then died again because gently caress Delirium. At least I don't ever have to deal with Husk as the Lost again, thank god.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just started an eden run with a keyboard R key as my active item

i have a pretty good guess what this does lol

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

There's a couple of challenges tied to the new characters, but this one is completely mad:
Spoiler for challenge DELETE THIS. It's unlocked at the same time as Eden-B, is hidden below the last challenge in a blank space and it's just utter nonsens. Got a tear effect that instantly killed enemies and then turned them into blue boils and gigantic rockets that exploded into krampus beams

The challenge itself looks completely hosed, everything is randomized lol

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I imported my save, thinking I was missing a few things and now I'm basically back to a fresh save.

Kill me.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Black August posted:

Yeah, those are legitimately good tracks. My ideal will be a mix and match of the three OSTs once modding is turned back on.

I wonder if it's possible to randomize the soundtrack. Or maybe have the Danny B / Antibirth version play on the first floor, base game version play on the second floor.

God, once the few remaining lumps with this are smoothed over, I think I"m finally going to pick up AB+, slap on Repentance, start a brand new file, and just experience the definitive version of this stupid game I love from scratch.

Dumb question, but is there a way I can re-lock achievements so I can keep track of what I need to complete more easily?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I am curious how they're going to get this running on the switch. AB+ already has some pretty noticable performance issues. It looks fun though.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Is there something specific you can do to make the Red Key show up after the first time, or is it just 'hope it shows up randomly while you're doing their Door run'?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

I imported my save, thinking I was missing a few things and now I'm basically back to a fresh save.

Kill me.

Wow, that's like getting 200 more hours of content for free!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

Kill me.

Stats screen, Alt+F2. This will sync your unlock progress with your steam achievements.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Kill me.

I had this same problem. I followed the directions here https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/mh38hq/repentance_bug_report_thread/gswi4ht/ and it worked just fine.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Is there something specific you can do to make the Red Key show up after the first time, or is it just 'hope it shows up randomly while you're doing their Door run'?

There's no way to force the actual item, but there is another way. Leave a trinket behind in an item room on your way down. When you're coming back up stop by that same item room and the trinket will have turned in to a broken key that's a one-time use red key you can use at Home

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Augus posted:

Stats screen, Alt+F2. This will sync your unlock progress with your steam achievements.

Thank you!

It wasn't working at first but if you disable any pesky overlays, it works fine.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

There's a couple of challenges tied to the new characters, but this one is completely mad:
Spoiler for challenge DELETE THIS. It's unlocked at the same time as Eden-B, is hidden below the last challenge in a blank space and it's just utter nonsens. Got a tear effect that instantly killed enemies and then turned them into blue boils and gigantic rockets that exploded into krampus beams

The challenge itself looks completely hosed, everything is randomized lol

I had to do this challenge several times until I got an infinity use item that spawned flies and did mass damage to a room to reliably win.

The most times i've had to mash the space bar in a life time

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Nvm on the whole Lost thing, it turns out the game decided to give me Tech X + Sacred Heart from an Angel Room AND the Blank Card/Jera/Credit Card/whatever lets you have 2 card/runes. If I had managed to get Restock I'd have pretty much won the game, I think I wasted all my luck in existance.

Killed Husk with minimal problems and then died to Delirium because gently caress his patterns, revived thanks to Guppy's collar and then died again because gently caress Delirium. At least I don't ever have to deal with Husk as the Lost again, thank god.

Getting an I'm Drowsy pill was basically essential for me to beat Delirium with The Lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

il_cornuto posted:

That's why you save spare charges for those moments, so you can replace your orbitals quickly
Sure you can replace them, but you still need an Isaac's-heart style bizarre unintuitive dodging pattern to keep them for any length of time at all, especially against bosses that vomit bullets absolutely everywhere and have charging attacks that can wipe out your entire ring at once. I'd like the character a lot more if the orbitals just lasted for a room.