Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I wish these chuds would actually carry through on their threats to boycott various sports cause a chud free day at the ballpark sounds great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Guze posted:

I wish these chuds would actually carry through on their threats to boycott various sports cause a chud free day at the ballpark sounds great

I think I saw saw what that looks like last year

I guess that’s not really true, the actual dyed in the wool alt-right people don’t really like anything to begin with, except posting.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 2, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lebron being a new minority owner of the Red Sox brings me so much joy.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

GD_American posted:

Alabama opens vaccine eligibility to all over 16 on Monday. Good poo poo.

I got an email today, apparently my federal agency is looking for volunteers for a 1-4 month detail assisting the effort to reunite migrant children with their families. I sent my boss a "can I can I" email within two minutes. They're requesting (but not requiring) bilingual employees, which ain't me, but I'm still hopeful. I would love the chance to put my money where my mouth on my beliefs about immigration.

That’s awesome man, I hope you get the opportunity. Start brushing up on Duolingo if you have to.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I forgot how much this KY to LA drive sucks. Now I know why it's been over a year since I've been back.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

This is just loving mad libs at this point

https://twitter.com/artnews/status/1378144215050428421?s=20

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Those are all words I know and am familiar with, but gently caress if I can understand them in that order.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Are we talking about the Phillips from Phillips Magnavox, the Phillips from ConocoPhillips, or just several guys named Phillip?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

General Dog posted:

Are we talking about the Phillips from Phillips Magnavox, the Phillips from ConocoPhillips, or just several guys named Phillip?

It's actually Emo Philips

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It’s actually the screwdriver

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

It's actually

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samadhi posted:

It's actually

Would.

(Would have sex with I mean, aint loving with NFTs on his account)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SundayMoney posted:

I forgot how much this KY to LA drive sucks. Now I know why it's been over a year since I've been back.

I assume you mean Louisiana? Because the other drive seems a lot longer but much more scenic.

Assuming you're leaving from Louisville that's what, Nashville, Birmingham, Hattiesburg?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I haven't done too many road trips but Denver to Vegas is by far my favorite drive. It's incredibly scenic and reaching Vegas is your reward at the end.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

shirts and skins posted:

I assume you mean Louisiana? Because the other drive seems a lot longer but much more scenic.

Assuming you're leaving from Louisville that's what, Nashville, Birmingham, Hattiesburg?

yep. I-65 to I-59, doesn't get much simpler.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This isn’t English.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Do I dare try to hop on the NFT train and get out before it collapses or has it topped out? Who the heck knows

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

Do I dare try to hop on the NFT train and get out before it collapses or has it topped out? Who the heck knows

Not even people deep into crypto knows what to do with most of this. But even these people mostly all agree it’s gonna collapse.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Oh I have no doubt it's going to collapse

I don't want to be one of the bag holders which I'm sure would happen since I'm not plugged into this stuff

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

just scheduled for my vaccine next wed. at the local waterpark (lol)
the rumor is they're doing J&J which is not exactly what I want but gently caress it anything's better than nothing and probably in another six months we'll just be doubling up or something who knows

Yeah, I got the J&J and I wasn’t super thrilled about it, but I didn’t find out it was that one until about 30 minutes before my appointment when a friend got his at the same place. Besides him, my fiancé, her parents, my parents, and like 95% of my friends that I normally hung out with pre-Covid all are fully or halfway vaccinated with either Moderna or Pfizer so I’m not too worried about it. Plus, I got lucky with that appointment and probably would be like late May until I could get an mRNA vaccine because I’m 30 with no pre-existing conditions or anything, so whatever I’ll take it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I haven't done too many road trips but Denver to Vegas is by far my favorite drive. It's incredibly scenic and reaching Vegas is your reward at the end.

There are so many amazing drives in this country, it really is the best way to see it. I grew up doing Puget Sound to the Bay Area often and that really is a lovely drive as well. If you can take three or four days US101 is more than worth the diversion, but even I-5 is quite nice.

Worst day of driving I can remember was I-10 from Austin TX to Las Cruces NM. 550 miles where the only variation was scrub brush starting at 10' high and ending at 5' high.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

Oh I have no doubt it's going to collapse

I don't want to be one of the bag holders which I'm sure would happen since I'm not plugged into this stuff

I guess my point is that I made fun of Bitcoin for years and welp then it actually became a real thing and a lot of crypto people were right. And THESE people are like “yeah this NFT poo poo is not on the level” but the smart ones are managing to make money in pump and dumps in the meantime. But they have to be VERY careful with their targets.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah I was born and raised in northeast louisiana and 2 1/2 years ago moved to Louisville for work. So I don't get to see birmingham and hattiesburg. I get to see the bustling metropolises of Leland MS and Hamburg AR!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I guess my point is that I made fun of Bitcoin for years and welp then it actually became a real thing and a lot of crypto people were right. And THESE people are like “yeah this NFT poo poo is not on the level” but the smart ones are managing to make money in pump and dumps in the meantime. But they have to be VERY careful with their targets.

Well yeah but people make money in MLMs too. If you’re willing to abandon all scruples and just straight-up gently caress people over you can make money doing all sorts of things. Unless you’re willing to a) dump tons of capital into it to get NFTs people are willing to pay lots of money for and then b) list it for a gajillion dollars knowing that the rube on the other end probably can’t afford it then go hog wild. Otherwise you might make a few bucks but it’s probably not worth the time and effort.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
On the other hand driving is poo poo death to the middle flyover parts always live near an ocean

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The crypto people aren’t right about Bitcoin being an actual usable currency though, which is what they’re always clamoring about. Yea the price has gone up a crazy amount, but it still has almost no real world use. There is no logical reason for Bitcoin to be worth what it is. It’s literally just a tool for speculation.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I did the LA to Vegas drive once and while the first half was a miserable slog through traffic (it was a 4th of July weekend) once we got past that it was smooth sailing through some cool deserts.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

On the other hand driving is poo poo death to the middle flyover parts always live near an ocean

Denver through Utah to Vegas sounds good, but Denver through Wyoming and Idaho was sheer hell. and I've heard the absolute worst is from Denver to Chicago or Madison.

luckily most of the drives around Seattle and western Washington are very pretty, it's east of the mountains where it gets a bit boring. Seattle east through the mountains to the Gorge Amphitheater was a fun one.

gently caress I miss a road trip now.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/REALpunknews/status/1378015104839602178?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Goddamn UConn

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

harperdc posted:

Denver through Utah to Vegas sounds good, but Denver through Wyoming and Idaho was sheer hell. and I've heard the absolute worst is from Denver to Chicago or Madison.

luckily most of the drives around Seattle and western Washington are very pretty, it's east of the mountains where it gets a bit boring. Seattle east through the mountains to the Gorge Amphitheater was a fun one.

gently caress I miss a road trip now.

Having done four cross country drives let me tell you, eastern Washington is gorgeous compared to a lot of the drives out there. Iowa, your people are lovely but I-80 is no fun. I sneaky like driving the Dakotas though?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hell is Eastern Montana

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

shirts and skins posted:

Having done four cross country drives let me tell you, eastern Washington is gorgeous compared to a lot of the drives out there. Iowa, your people are lovely but I-80 is no fun. I sneaky like driving the Dakotas though?

I haven't been to Iowa, but it must be pretty dismal if Eastern Washington looks better.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I haven't been to Iowa, but it must be pretty dismal if Eastern Washington looks better.

Miles and miles of corn with the occasional hill. I drove from Chicago to Ames a lot for college.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

People think Iowa is flat like Kansas but it mostly isn't, it's rolling hills so it's a lot like the Palouse just with corn instead of wheat.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
/\/\/\ you guys really ought to appreciate the Palouse more because it's gorgeous. God I miss the west.

Skwirl posted:

Behold, the Midwestern interstate. Enjoy your next thousand miles of this.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 3, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Having lived in both, East of the mountains is a blighted hellscape. Give me the green glacier cut valleys and verdant foothills of mountains anyday.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

shirts and skins posted:

/\/\/\ you guys really ought to appreciate the Palouse more because it's gorgeous. God I miss the west.

There are so many places that aren't green like that. The topography is boring as poo poo but I never get tired of verdancy

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

D-LINK posted:

There are so many places that aren't green like that. The topography is boring as poo poo but I never get tired of verdancy

Out west is the place you want to be,

Just uh make sure you don't suffer from SAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Now do it in January. It’s very bleak. So many acres of dirt.