Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Or Emma Watson. People are gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

New Todd in the Shadows!

ONE HIT WONDERLAND: "Disco Duck" by Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzw6WpwYSv8&ab_channel=ToddintheShadows

I'm glad Todd is dedicating a full episode to this song after talking about it in his Top 10 worst hit songs of 1976 video

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Don't forget the one that was for the Olsen Twins.

I was watching ...some older comedy movie...recently and that was a gag reference. Blew my mind to suddenly remember that was somehow an acceptable thing 20 years ok

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hm, wuhoh

https://twitter.com/VS_Experiences/status/1378068779054235650

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Famethrowa posted:

I was watching ...some older comedy movie...recently and that was a gag reference. Blew my mind to suddenly remember that was somehow an acceptable thing 20 years ok

Cabin Fever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uSkQq3NbO8&t=713s

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

There isn't a rantsauce sub, is there?

Edit: Looking at those convos, that's not the Vinesauce logo, they couldn't even spell Vinesauce correctly, and "Vinny" here speaks like an Indian scammer. This is someone's bad idea of a late April Fool's prank.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 2, 2021

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Dunno. There's a couple people replying there I'd trust irt judgement of character

Though yeah this current batch of evidence seems fishy.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The audio of Vinny talking about how often he's hosed fans and can't stand himself sometimes, only to go on and say that he supposedly has someone monitoring his email because he can't trust himself not to keep doing it is not great, regardless of the rest.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Dunno. There's a couple people replying there I'd trust irt judgement of character

https://twitter.com/RedBardIsCool/status/1378098160095072361

yeah regardless of everything else im pretty sure red bard is on the up and up

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Went over to r/Vinesauce and the thread on this is locked.

That's...not confidence-instilling.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the sum of the accusations seems to be he hosed fans, told them to keep it secret, and might have given one of them an std? I think I'm getting all that right

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sydin posted:

In retrospect it's pretty crazy Modern Warfare had a whole plot beat about the US jumping the gun and invading [unspecified middle-eastern country] only to get their forces nuked and have to rely on an allied force predominantly comprised of UK/Soviet troops clean up their mess. The message certainly isn't anti-military, but it does make the US armed forces look about as competent as they are in real life, which isn't the most flattering depiction. Particularly considering these days CoD games might as well require a webcam be plugged in to ensure you rise for the anthem before the start menu loads.

yeah. id say they kinda poo poo during the 8th gen consoles outside infinte warfare which is just a very good fps campaign and up there with titanfall 2.

Farg posted:

the sum of the accusations seems to be he hosed fans, told them to keep it secret, and might have given one of them an std? I think I'm getting all that right

yeah. like its kinda gross but they are all of age and it was all consensual then sure whatever, but if its weird grooming poo poo or creepy poo poo, than gently caress him.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

No idea who any of these people are or what the backstory is here but sex work shaming is something that needs a swift boot out the door.

hey, i have no issue with sex work. i just never found the "i am young legal teen" thing attractive and i am sorted weird out by folks blowing that much. but again good for her.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
it's weird that some of those emails are coming from the vinesaucecontact email which is used by the whole group apparently

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't know how reputable it is, and I'm still on the 'believe victims' side of things, but apparently there's some pretty significant splicing, as in like, several times a minute? Anything on that front to corroborate that other than hearsay?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I don't know how reputable it is, and I'm still on the 'believe victims' side of things, but apparently there's some pretty significant splicing, as in like, several times a minute? Anything on that front to corroborate that other than hearsay?

The audio clip has very noticeable variances in quality, as if they were all taken from separate audio clips recorded at different times and from different sources. The guy does sound somewhat like Vinny but the quality never gets to a level where you can tell beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

huh. for some reason I thought it was a Judd Apatow-alike gag, but drat, I might have literally been thinking of that review.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

That VS "evidence" is extremely phony looking right now, the emails have all sorts of little things wrong, that audio is blatantly sewn together, all of it doesn't sound at all like the way he talks and so on.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i just want the truth, with none of the speen.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

This isn't proof but if anyone would be behind a shenanigan like this it would be the fine folks at 4chan. (CW: slurs)

https://twitter.com/QualityArsenic/status/1378112545333125124

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm going to hedge my bets and never watch vinesauce

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

someone i know on twitter backed up the allegations, that combined with RedBard's statement makes me believe that theres something here

the worst case scenario will be if this specific post was faked but there were other unrelated people with genuine grievances because who the hell would believe them then

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A single 4chan post randomly making GBS threads on someone is possibly the worst counter-evidence I can think of.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The fun part about this is, realistically, anyone who knows how to hit the F12 button on their keyboard with a Chromium based browser can edit a webpage to make realistic looking fakes using existing website styling with just text edits. Images can be more difficult (often requiring the upload of another image elsewhere under the same domain, i.e. another gmail account or something, if their security is set up correctly) but for the most parts unless it's audio or video it's really easy to fake things nowadays, and even then audio or video is only marginally more difficult with some of the tools out there now.

But basically:

dmboogie posted:

the worst case scenario will be if this specific post was faked but there were other unrelated people with genuine grievances because who the hell would believe them then

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

dmboogie posted:

someone i know on twitter backed up the allegations, that combined with RedBard's statement makes me believe that theres something here

I could see that being a possibility. Also makes me fear that this could become a common tactic since that's exactly what happened with Dan. The last big allegation was faked but there were actual people mistreated by him.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
who is redbard? was their backup "yes I can confirm this" or "i'd believe this"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

dmboogie posted:

The worst case scenario will be if this specific post was faked but there were other unrelated people with genuine grievances because who the hell would believe them then

Yeah, if it actually uncovers something then alright, but boy is that a bad start and as ever, fake poo poo only makes it harder for real people to come forward.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They're a fairly notable anime youtuber. They didn't confirm these allegations, but said that based on knowing other victims they'd believe these.

Looking at their TL they've also RTed corroborations of the pattern of behavior.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Motto posted:

They're a fairly notable anime youtuber. They didn't confirm these allegations, but said that based on knowing other victims they'd believe these.

Looking at their TL they've also RTed corroborations of the pattern of behavior.

yea it feels like if the result of posting what could be a kinda shaky proof of bad conduct is multiple people going 'yea I've spoken to people exactly with this same story so this doesn't shock me' that's a bad omen regardless.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wouldn't draw any larger conclusions from it, but the HPV thing seems off. A doctor would discourage thinking about it and acting as the person in the narrative does. It's not impossible, but it seems misinformed for someone who would have had a doctor explaining things directly to her.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Motto posted:

Yeah, the retweets of the stuff from the former Vinesauce mod, and the email screenshots from the fan artist are MUCH more compelling and believable than the stuff in the google doc. The general consensus so far appears to be "He didn't do anything illegal and it was all ultimately consensual, but Vin's kind of a huge piece of poo poo for hitting on everything in sight and using his fame and status to pressure women into having sex with him". So pretty much the classic definition of a sexpest.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 3, 2021

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j31sjDPwsq8

Some British Boomers thought kids were too full of cotton-wool so they decided to film a reality show where a group of kids lived in a home without any parents. You can guess the results.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, the retweets of the stuff from the former Vinesauce mod, and the email screenshots from the fan artist are MUCH more compelling and believable than the stuff in the google doc. The general consensus so far appears to be "He didn't do anything illegal and it was all ultimately consensual, but Vin's kind of a huge piece of poo poo for hitting on everything in sight and using his fame and status to pressure women into having sex with him". So pretty much the classic definition of a sexpest.

Man, if this is true, RubberRoss has some terrible luck with being friends with people that turn out to be sexpests

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There may be something about the condition of being an extremely online male dork video game enjoyer that makes those kinds of people more likely than average to behave in selfish and predatory ways when they suddenly get a large, fawning audience and the means to do whatever they want. Rock stars have ended up the same way for a long time.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Shinji2015 posted:

Man, if this is true, RubberRoss has some terrible luck with being friends with people that turn out to be sexpests

Dude must think that he's cursed at this point

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

There may be something about the condition of being an extremely online male dork video game enjoyer that makes those kinds of people more likely than average to behave in selfish and predatory ways when they suddenly get a large, fawning audience and the means to do whatever they want. Rock stars have ended up the same way for a long time.

have you seen :gestures vaguely at the sheer volume of dudes caught in this behavior in the past decade:? I think you're just seeing it in extremely online gamers dudes because, well, you're lookin' at em.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It isn't a symptom of being online, it's called 'being a man'. Any deviation from being an opportunistic predator means interrogation about your manhood and the value of any of your accomplishments. Being online doesn't increase the chances of doing it, it just makes it easier to catch and corroborate that you are, in fact, a piece of poo poo.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Online Famous men just act like regular famous men really :v:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Testekill posted:

Dude must think that he's cursed at this point

Yeah, his ex-wife cheats on him with a former friend who turns out to be a huge creep, a close friend and former coworker ends up being a sexpest and possible groomer, and now a friend that he met during his new career might be one as well. We've all had some lovely friends, but that's some terrible luck on his part for it to be public like this

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's the CASH ME OUTSIDE girl from the Dr. Phil meme.

I unironically respect the way her and her family managed to effectively monetize what should have been 15 minutes of internet fame. Even before her rap career, she was making bank selling "Cash me outside" merchandise and charging tens of thousands of dollars to appear on tv shows and say her catchphrase. I bet those other meme people are feeling stupid for not thinking of it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, his ex-wife cheats on him with a former friend who turns out to be a huge creep, a close friend and former coworker ends up being a sexpest and possible groomer, and now a friend that he met during his new career might be one as well. We've all had some lovely friends, but that's some terrible luck on his part for it to be public like this

Common through line is Internet Content Person.