Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/nickgroke/status/1378221980147609602

Ah yes, it is time to reward the Rockies for uh... paying $50M to dump Arenado's contract and destroying any last shred of goodwill they had remaining with their fanbase.

I sincerely hope my guess at the most uncontroversial location ends up being right. It would be nice to be right for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

chilihead posted:

It's a huge thing to the team and the people of Atlanta and also the movement. It's easy for everyone to forget that. Your assumption...moving the game helps voter rights. Like it's a button pressed in a video game. It's not that simple. Also everyone else on this sub. It automatically makes me more of a proponent of voter right. Not that simple.

Maybe MLB should just do what the NFL did and write “end racism” on the field somewhere. That changed everything

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

mcmagic posted:

I don't know that moving it will help but I know it won't hurt and it might help. That is enough for me.

Ok apparently this sub likes voters rights and Baseball. Kudos.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Maybe MLB should just do what the NFL did and write “end racism” on the field somewhere. That changed everything

You said in the shortest post what I have said in ten posts. It's all bullshit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

chilihead posted:

Preformative bullshit is doing less than actually moving the game which is an action. It might not work but it's something.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

chilihead posted:

No way to tell you guys I'm not that guy pretending to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. This is not good for the movement if you live in the south the best thing for all of us and myself. I'm not "set" in my ways if I'm wrong. Time will tell.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

mcmagic posted:

I don't know that moving it will help but I know it won't hurt and it might help. That is enough for me.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with mcmagic. drat you, the future!

Take one for the team or don't, but don't pretend nobody is gonna get hurt when harm is intended on every side. If it was my sacrifice to make, for the greater good, I would in a heartbeat. Disenfranchisement is a denial of basic humanity, so whatever it takes to put a stop to that immediately and permanently is probably worth doing. I'm not exactly sure what this dumbass small business owner in Baltimore can realistically do in this situation, but I'm open to ideas because treating humans like they are humans is the whole reason I started this shop.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
So is this guy a Hotlanta parachute or what

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/nickgroke/status/1378221980147609602

Ah yes, it is time to reward the Rockies for uh... paying $50M to dump Arenado's contract and destroying any last shred of goodwill they had remaining with their fanbase.

More importantly, will Coors help the home run derby have more dingers?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So is this guy a Hotlanta parachute or what

In my head I just always assumed HOTLANTA was that guy who drunkenly fell off the upper deck at Turner Field screaming obscenities at A-Rod. I know that guy died and HOTLANTA still probably posts or something but, like, honestly I'm betting we could write a HOTLANTA soundboard post generator and not notice.

[edit:]dammit BOTLANTA MAN would be an awesome name

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
gently caress Brian Kemp. How's that free market working out for ya now fucko?

Apr 7, 2003

The lady who knocked on his office door while he was signing that suppression bill into law is facing down eight years in prison.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I would like to remind everyone that when we are posting about politics it is important to make good posts. Part of making good posts means not proceeding as if other posters are your sworn enemies that you have been mandated by heaven to destroy.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Hand Knit posted:

I would like to remind everyone that when we are posting about politics it is important to make good posts. Part of making good posts means not proceeding as if other posters are your sworn enemies that you have been mandated by heaven to destroy.

lol that dude posted like 30 times and comes across like he's ripped as gently caress in the early morning making just insane posts

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

the white sox brought up a 28 year-old rectangular shaped rookie catcher last night and he became the first player in MLB history to go 5 for 5 in his debut

I'm honestly disappointed we didn't get to see him hit a homer last night, during his first at bat the Angels broadcast showed a clip of him playing in another league and he pimps the hell out of them. The booth was having a good time with it and saying how they all enjoy when hitters bat flip and admire home runs which made me happy to hear.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

If I'm vaxxed by the break I would totally go to an All Star game at Coors. Hell yeah.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
e: didn't see Hand Knit's post before posting.

Will only re-iterate - can we please, please not turn this into C-Spam.

Apr 7, 2003

“Keep politics out of baseball” is a hollow sentiment when everyone salutes the flag before the game and the DOD flies jets overhead as a recruitment tactic.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
that’s not what anybody remotely said, the sentiment was more “don’t be a prick about it, as if your vitriol towards fellow posters that mostly agree with you actually accomplishes anything material”

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
No humidor for the HRD please. I want to see beefy lads hitting 650 foot bombs

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Tweezer Reprise posted:

that’s not what anybody remotely said, the sentiment was more “don’t be a prick about it, as if your vitriol towards fellow posters that mostly agree with you actually accomplishes anything material”

Hey, lashing out at your friends and then criticizing them for being hurt when you're an rear end is a time-honored tactic. Works great for the problem of having friends.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Posting about posting, it should be noted, is rarely good posting.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I like baseball, and the Nats are dumb and their dumbyheadedness is preventing me from watching the Nats this weekend. I am stuck watching the Orioles. Truly the worst of all possible worlds.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I can't believe I have to wait over 48 hours for the Mets season to even start.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

chilihead posted:

No way to tell you guys I'm not that guy pretending to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. This is not good for the movement if you live in the south the best thing for all of us and myself. I'm not "set" in my ways if I'm wrong. Time will tell.

Look, I'm sure this Robinson fellow is a nice enough guy and he seems like one of the good ones but if we force this upon the rest of the league is that really going to help people in the South?

The action here is a direct reaction to the GA legislature deciding to rework the GOP's own voting laws when the opposition had the gall to not just lose in peace. As has been mentioned multiple times, not only has this type of direct action worked in the past thanks to the NCAA, NFL, and NBA taking a stand but it's also the only language capable of making the point these days. If you hold the ASG in unincorporated Cobb Country this year you can make all the speeches you want, hold all the events you want but the people you're trying to speak with will be too busy counting the cash to listen. Sure would be sad if those business owners were forced to call their elected officials to let them know they don't appreciate the blowback from the GOP playing Calvinball with the right to vote.

MLB is by no means "woke", but they see which way the wind is blowing. I'm sorry you've been personally inconvenienced by this particular attack on democracy, perhaps you'd support some form of totally neutral literacy test before you take part in your civic duty of boycotting?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Moving the game likely won't do much by itself, but if it can be followed by other corporations bouncing the gently caress out of the state for a while it can get the wheels turning. And yeah, the game literally had to be moved or nothing that MLB bullshits out would mean anything.

Squall fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 3, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1378425965668352004

One thing that hasn't been discussed is that if the game wasn't moved and a few black players didn't end up going, the burning hatred of chud America would come down on those guys and MLB is taking the bullet for that now.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hayes is hurt and it might be his hamate

not in a good place

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1378425965668352004

One thing that hasn't been discussed is that if the game wasn't moved and a few black players didn't end up going, the burning hatred of chud America would come down on those guys and MLB is taking the bullet for that now.
That tweet got deleted

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I think the MLB should do the right thing and put the ASG in a ballpark everyone adores and that has never been the subject to any issues ever. It's time for Tropicana Field to host the ASG.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

That tweet got deleted

Not sure why. It was Dontrelle Willis and Frank Thomas talking about the ASG.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Look, I'm sure this Robinson fellow is a nice enough guy and he seems like one of the good ones but if we force this upon the rest of the league is that really going to help people in the South?

The action here is a direct reaction to the GA legislature deciding to rework the GOP's own voting laws when the opposition had the gall to not just lose in peace. As has been mentioned multiple times, not only has this type of direct action worked in the past thanks to the NCAA, NFL, and NBA taking a stand but it's also the only language capable of making the point these days. If you hold the ASG in unincorporated Cobb Country this year you can make all the speeches you want, hold all the events you want but the people you're trying to speak with will be too busy counting the cash to listen. Sure would be sad if those business owners were forced to call their elected officials to let them know they don't appreciate the blowback from the GOP playing Calvinball with the right to vote.

MLB is by no means "woke", but they see which way the wind is blowing. I'm sorry you've been personally inconvenienced by this particular attack on democracy, perhaps you'd support some form of totally neutral literacy test before you take part in your civic duty of boycotting?

Wow, you guys are the worst. This guy right here, questioning my "woke ness" because i'm against the All-star game moving. Man, this is why we can't change poo poo when i'm all against what you think your fighting for, when i myself and my parents have lived it. Yeah it feels good to say that didn't it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The "this forum is a hive mind against me" schtick is bad.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
so definitely Hotlanta then

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sports boycotts have worked in the past. Also, the revenue made on an all star weekend is miniscule in the long term especially given that the ASG was gonna take place in a town of 30000 people. And that isn't factoring in the cost of hosting it.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

How dare you question my wokeness wow extremely rude

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also if anyone remembers the last time Coors hosted the ASG it was a very good slugfest:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/allstar/1998-allstar-game.shtml

A-Rod, Roberto Alomar and Bonds hit dingers and there were lots of scoring. I'm all for it again.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

chilihead posted:

Wow, you guys are the worst. This guy right here, questioning my "woke ness" because i'm against the All-star game moving. Man, this is why we can't change poo poo when i'm all against what you think your fighting for, when i myself and my parents have lived it. Yeah it feels good to say that didn't it.

I guess you failed the literacy test.

I wasn’t questioning your wokeness....I was saying that you and your ideas are stupid and wrong. Hope this helps.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1378431451490709506

That's a heck of a statement from Buttrey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

seiferguy posted:

Also if anyone remembers the last time Coors hosted the ASG it was a very good slugfest:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/allstar/1998-allstar-game.shtml

A-Rod, Roberto Alomar and Bonds hit dingers and there were lots of scoring. I'm all for it again.

MLB should de-humidor the balls just this once