Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

shame on an IGA posted:

buns are the best, it's on the whole a similar experience to having a cat but with completely bizzaro alien body language

The bunny thread is currently yelling at me over things I learned working at the shelter, so its gonna be a super fun experience 😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pet Island is a great resource but they can be a little intense

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

Pet Island is a great resource but they can be a little intense

They once banned an autistic man for asking chicken questions in the PI chicken thread.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Speaking of chickens, last time they came up in a CE thread I saw that someone(someones?) here named their chickens “clustercluck” and “cluckface”, and I think about it at random and start giggling because my inner 12 year old is strong.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
The best people.

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1378280674969448450

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They once banned an autistic man for asking chicken questions in the PI chicken thread.

That was a low point, but they also gave us one of the greatest ever threads https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610831&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I was expecting the chicken electrical chair thread

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I read the first page and was all "Oh, normal PI posters just being super assholes, nothing weird about this" but then I got to the 2nd page.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1378417053045026819?s=20

Interesting times in the Hashemite Kingdom

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I always forget about that thread and how sad it makes me feel at first, then I read the plot twist and just get teeth-grinding mad. gently caress Wojtek; dude should never be allowed to care for a living thing and I wonder if CPS came by to rehome his kids with a nice family with two adopted golden retrievers.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I was expecting the maremma thread

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

CainFortea posted:

I read the first page and was all "Oh, normal PI posters just being super assholes, nothing weird about this" but then I got to the 2nd page.

I should have included this link too, it may be the only time a mod chat thread got goldmined and has more info https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611265

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I always forget about that thread and how sad it makes me feel at first, then I read the plot twist and just get teeth-grinding mad. gently caress Wojtek; dude should never be allowed to care for a living thing and I wonder if CPS came by to rehome his kids with a nice family with two adopted golden retrievers.

For sure, too bad the thread images have been lost to time. Kinda like the thread where the guy in I think North Dakota had his kids taken away and the images he shared of his dire home living environment quickly made the forum side with CPS.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

What I find weird though is he banmed like 5 months later. Not immediately once he realized his posting career was over.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1378392024060198914

letthemfight.gif

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sarah posted:

Holy poo poo that is a stressed cat.

Stadiums are loud and bright

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sarah posted:

Holy poo poo that is a stressed cat.

This is exactly how I react to Costco and IKEA, too

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Kesper North posted:

This is exactly how I react to Costco and IKEA, too

Same. Anxiety attacks at the liquor store are my jam.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This quote is goddamn amazing if you've ever had to deal with having a merchant processing account :stonk:

quote:

Jason Miller, a spokesman for Mr. Trump, downplayed the rash of fraud complaints and the $122.7 million in total refunds issued by the Trump operation. He said internal records showed that 0.87 percent of its WinRed transactions had been subject to formal credit card disputes. “The fact we had a dispute rate of less than 1 percent of total donations despite raising more grass-roots money than any campaign in history is remarkable,” he said.

That still amounts to about 200,000 disputed transactions that Mr. Miller said added up to $19.7 million.

The know-nothings are BRAGGING about an 87 chargeback ratio

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

facialimpediment posted:

letthemfight.gif

About that:

“Predatory!” Mr. Wilson said of WinRed. Like multiple other donors interviewed, though, he held Mr. Trump himself blameless, telling The Times, “I’m 100 percent loyal to Donald Trump.”

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I thought I read somewhere that certain stadiums keep colonies of barn cats to keep down the rats so they kinda should have a plan to deal with them. Apparently the plan is send out some schmuck with no gauntlets or net. Hope the health insurance plan is adequate.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Wife and I got successfully J&J'ed at the Oakland Coliseum Mass Vac site. Props to a poo poo-ton of bored NG troops herding dumb lost people in cars.

Some day, this war's gonna end.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Crab Dad posted:

I thought I read somewhere that certain stadiums keep colonies of barn cats to keep down the rats so they kinda should have a plan to deal with them. Apparently the plan is send out some schmuck with no gauntlets or net. Hope the health insurance plan is adequate.
The equipment and facilities people that I have known say that it is less a plan and more of a low-intensity problem that solves a potentially worse problem, but ideally there wouldn't be a feral cat colony at the stadium.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
good luck keeping cats out of anywhere

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I don't think it was in that thread but the "bonus picture at the lake" remark and accompanying photo lead to the most brutal shanking on this site.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/stephensemler/status/1378104678328713218?s=20

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

That was loving incredible

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

quote:

The most common items sent to police this quarter were firearm magazines: 940 total; 600 for 9mm pistols

Well, if they're counting single pistol magazines as individual items of "military hardware"...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Untagged posted:

Well, if they're counting single pistol magazines as individual items of "military hardware"...

Yeah number of items is always a problematic measure. I remember seeing some crazy number for a local department once and actually dug into it and it was a fuckton of k9 safety equipment adding to the numbers. The objection is to requesting one tank, saying “sure we’ll eventually run through a conex full of doggles “ is exactly the idea behind the program. Maybe only let fire departments use the program or something.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, the total number of milsurp items in that article includes such dangerous weaponry as a filing cabinet and two parkas given to one of the Guam PDs. There's a huge difference between that an giving an MRAP and a crate of Stinger missiles to the Buttfuck, SD police. Hell, I can even imagine situations where a PD getting an amphibious vehicle could be justified (those flood prone towns along the Mississippi could probably use one for emergency rescue purposes).

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 4, 2021

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, the total number of milsurp items in that article includes such dangerous weaponry as a filing cabinet and two parkas given to one of the Guam PDs. There's a huge difference between that an giving an MRAP and a crate of Stinger missiles to the Buttfuck, SD police. Hell, I can even imagine situations where a PD getting an amphibious vehicle could be justified (those flood prone towns along the Mississippi could probably use one for emergency rescue purposes).

My impression from reading the idiots thread is that amphibs are dangerous enough in the hands of the guys who get trained and use them frequently so I can just imagine the excitement when a bunch of cops bust one out during a weather emergency

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Madurai posted:

Wife and I got successfully J&J'ed at the Oakland Coliseum Mass Vac site. Props to a poo poo-ton of bored NG troops herding dumb lost people in cars.

Some day, this war's gonna end.

I love the smell of vaccine in the morning

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah number of items is always a problematic measure. I remember seeing some crazy number for a local department once and actually dug into it and it was a fuckton of k9 safety equipment adding to the numbers. The objection is to requesting one tank, saying “sure we’ll eventually run through a conex full of doggles “ is exactly the idea behind the program. Maybe only let fire departments use the program or something.

It's like you see a news article "Man arrested with FIVE THOUSAND ROUNDS of ammunition"

Like, if anyone owns a 22 they've probably got that just in their range bag.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

CainFortea posted:

It's like you see a news article "Man arrested with FIVE THOUSAND ROUNDS of ammunition"

Like, if anyone owns a 22 they've probably got that just in their range bag.

Man arrested with A SHOEBOX FULL of ammunition, wait, that doesn't get as many clicks, hmm...

Reminds me of my last deployment where they were tracking monthly hard FOD found. Well, one month they found a box of washers that someone had left out on the flight deck, and counted every single washer as a separate instance of hard FOD. So the monthly totals went 15, 13, 21, 827, 12, 10...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Found out what happened with the J&J vaccine production fuckup.

https://twitter.com/SherylNYT/status/1378499753105838093

quote:

The change came in response to the recent disclosure that Emergent, a manufacturing partner to both AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson, accidentally mixed up the ingredients from the two different vaccines, which forced regulators to delay authorization of the plant’s production lines.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Page one was depressing and annoying, because of the situation as described and snarky goons, respectively. Then page 2 happened. :stare:

efb
I wonder what his new forums name is

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 4, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

Found out what happened with the J&J vaccine production fuckup.

Yeah, you really don’t want the clotting juice in your double Johnson.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

hobbesmaster posted:

I worked a job in a k9 equipment shop. Some of that poo poo is blatant markup, but a big part of it is requirements for departments to buy american made stuff, which means bite suits, sleeves, harnesses, leashes, even badge holders.

The ballistic vests for dogs are $1000+ show pieces. Even the stab vest is heavy enough that a dog shouldn't wear it more than it absolutely has to, and they only go up in weight with protection level. The bite suits also can run a couple grand, depending on how decked out they are. It's not something you want to cheap out on. They have to be generally well fitting, so departments would often order several sizes.

Police departments would order uniforms and service equipment as well, which the place carried because it caters directly to cops. Truspec, 5.11, underarmor, oakley, etc. Honestly, the idea that cops need $100+ gloves and sunglasses provided by department funds is more infuriating than the actual, useful equipment (and toys) they buy their animals. It's another path to spend money on the cops themselves.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DMX had a heart attack and is on life support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
His future pacemaker hopefully will lay a consistent beat.