Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Happy about your cat samadhi. My 17 year old cat is currently sitting on my lap and it’s nice. She also has early kidney failure, so I’m guessing she has just a couple years to go. It’s been a good run though.

We put her on the special kidney care food diet and it basically halted it! If your vet hasn't done that, ask about it ASAP. it hasn't progressed in ~2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Its Rinaldo posted:

The fact Oxy came even close to completing a Long War is preposterous to me as nobody could like pain that much not even a Vikings fan

Long War kicks rear end and I'd start a run but I've got HZD on my plate currently and I kind of want to do a full Nightmare run through of Doom Eternal and the DLC's now that they are both out.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The gallery and artist have to be tickled pink by this - all of the attention is going to make that piece worth much more than $440K.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You all seem to have really good knowledge of folks from high school.
adult goons in a nutshell

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You all seem to have really good knowledge of folks from high school.

Eh, I have a good memory for useless trivia about my own life.

I've lost contact with most of the friends I had in high school, not out of any ill will but more due to shyness about re-establishing contact and the fact that I've moved around a lot since graduating. I still keep in touch with a few people but they're almost all people I knew before HS.

One of my best friends from that era who ended up way far away only lives two hours from me, he invited us over for New Year's the first year my wife and I lived here and I've only seen him once in the five years since :( I feel really bad about not trying to get together more than that.

E: Now if you really want to talk about losing touch with schoolmates, here are the people from college who I still talk to:
My wife
My wife's best friend (who transferred after sophomore year)
My wife's best guy friend (who also married someone from our college so she half-counts)

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 4, 2021

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I moved 1500 miles to get away from those fuckers, I certainly am not going to look their sorry asses up now.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I realized after a few reunited get togethers that I'm one of those people that regresses into old dynamics fast. So I don't do that anymore.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I mean I get it's dumb to nitpick a movie like Space Jam but the first one was the tunes challenging the aliens to a basketball game specifically because they were tiny and then when they stole NBA players abilities the tunes had to beg Jordan for help out of necessity. This is just "Oh you're the greatest basketball player alive? I challenge you to basketball!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Intruder posted:

I mean I get it's dumb to nitpick a movie like Space Jam but the first one was the tunes challenging the aliens to a basketball game specifically because they were tiny and then when they stole NBA players abilities the tunes had to beg Jordan for help out of necessity. This is just "Oh you're the greatest basketball player alive? I challenge you to basketball!"

It also doesn’t involve Space anymore.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It also doesn’t involve Space anymore.

Cyberspace, sir

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I only had regular contact with two people I went to high school with after I graduated, neither of whom was in my grade, and one of those was because we ended up working together a few years later. Other than bumping into one of them out shopping around Christmas ‘19, I haven’t seen or instigated any contact with anyone from high school in at least 3 years.

C-Euro posted:

Eh, I have a good memory for useless trivia about my own life.

I've lost contact with most of the friends I had in high school, not out of any ill will but more due to shyness about re-establishing contact and the fact that I've moved around a lot since graduating.

Also that sorta stuff, yeah. Admittedly, I ghosted on a lot of my friends before high school even ended because of poo poo in my home life and trying forget or distance myself from almost everything that happened from like 16-18.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Update: am now drunk, currently shellacking ribs with BBQ sauce. Strongly considering wrapping some shredded rib meat and jalapeño cilantro lime cole slaw in some leftover gyoza wrappers from a previous successful experiment and frying them and seeing what happens. Am definitely making a homemade McRib.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ZuluDashOne posted:

I'm still dealing with you not having beat Long War after years of having it as fact in my head that you had already. Plus its real easy to hit a burn out phase in that game and I'm pretty sure I hit that point trying to catch up, need a break.

I did beat it nerd.

That last mission sucks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My high school canceled valedictorian because it was full of try hard psychos

My high school has some notables:
The current Mayor of Palm Springs
The Free Solo guy
The Birdemic guy
Two members of Dance Gavin Dance
A penis surgeon
The host of Fansplaining, a fairly popular nerd podcast

And then
A shitload of lawyers
A shitload of doctors

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I can’t think of a single person from my graduating class that has done anything of note. I keep up with like 10 friends from high school still, but most of us are all over the place now.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Trapped on the couch with our youngest cat on my legs, started watching Naruto. This might be too peak-cutesy-anime for me to handle

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
No idea what anyone outside my immediate group of friends is up to now (and don't know about most of them), but a few months ago I stumbled across my senior yearbook for the first time in 20 years and there is a picture of my class's valedictorian with the math club that's hilarious. He's the only one seated and everyone else is taking a knee around him like he was the king nerd being paid fealty to by the rest of the club. You could have put a prop sword in this picture and it wouldn't be more ridiculous.

I remember him being a pretty decent guy, but I wonder whose idea that picture was.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

:hai:

The fact Oxy came even close to completing a Long War is preposterous to me as nobody could like pain that much not even a Vikings fan

Its definitely a grind but its made way easier when you hit a plateau where your a step ahead and your cruise through stuff.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
So if I've never played a second of X-Com where should I start

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

X-Com: Enemy Unknown or X-Com 2. Base game in both cases, there's a massive expansion pack for each, but each honestly adds so much that'll just confuse you the first time through it.

X-Com 2's story is slightly weird in that it's set on a version of the world from 1 where the aliens won, but the plot doesn't matter much, you're there to miss 93% chance to hit shots and get your rear end kicked by Mutons.

Either provides you a good tactical / strategic experience. Expansion pack for the first adds way more to the human faction that supports the aliens, and for the second it adds.... 3 sub-groups and named super boss aliens that honestly I'm not a fan of.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 4, 2021

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

X-Com: Enemy Unknown or X-Com 2. Base game in both cases, there's a massive expansion pack for each, but each honestly adds so much that'll just confuse you the first time through it.

X-Com 2's story is slightly weird in that it's set on a version of the world from 1 where the aliens won, but the plot doesn't matter much, you're there to miss 93% chance to hit shots and get your rear end kicked by Mutons.

Either provides you a good tactical / strategic experience. Expansion pack for the first adds way more to the human faction that supports the aliens, and for the second it adds.... 3 sub-groups and named super boss aliens that honestly I'm not a fan of.

Yeah, the named boss additions are kinda interesting, but they’re also bestowed with super bullshit magic powers to be more frustrating rather than acting intelligently or something.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Start with XCOM 1.

It usually goes on sale for cheap.

But remember when you miss a 90% shot and get owned there is a reason that :xcom: exists

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I keep telling myself I'm going to do an XCom run without save scumming and that always lasts like 5 battles.

Maybe I'll try again, but I'm going to fail again, just like my highest trained troops failing to hit something two feet away with a shotgun.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Missing a 95% flank shot from the neighboring tile and a soldier getting hit with a crit shot from across the map in full cover is :discourse:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

T-Square posted:

Update: am now drunk, currently shellacking ribs with BBQ sauce. Strongly considering wrapping some shredded rib meat and jalapeño cilantro lime cole slaw in some leftover gyoza wrappers from a previous successful experiment and frying them and seeing what happens. Am definitely making a homemade McRib.

If you do you better post pics.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A two-hour task of putting up some shelves has morphed into a full weekend of scraping out drywall fill in a corner, sanding decades more of fill, filling the everpresent crack with a flexible compound (which, having already applied it, we now realize isn't sandable), cleaning that up (somehow), primering, painting, and then putting up the loving shelves.

Home ownership is a joy.

e. hey dlink what is the best way to clean up "DAP Elastopatch", I have shurform, sandpaper, blades and scrapers, etc. we're gonna prime and paint so I just want to even it out a little and take off any messy un-even bits of goop and whatnot.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 4, 2021

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm not sure we had a valedictorian in my graduating class. If we did, I have no idea who it could have been. I remember the class president giving a speech or something but I don't remember hearing a valedictorian announced. But to be fair, I was pretty full of ennui and I was wearing an uncomfortable outfit and shoes and a polyester gown and I just wanted to get my diploma and get the gently caress out of there so I might have drifted off or something.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1378437709492981761?s=19

Hmmmmmm HMMMMMM

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

I'm not sure we had a valedictorian in my graduating class. If we did, I have no idea who it could have been. I remember the class president giving a speech or something but I don't remember hearing a valedictorian announced. But to be fair, I was pretty full of ennui and I was wearing an uncomfortable outfit and shoes and a polyester gown and I just wanted to get my diploma and get the gently caress out of there so I might have drifted off or something.

Yo when's your trip report going up on your podcast I may be heading to DWorld in October and wanna hear the latest deets.

Welcome back!

ZuluDashOne posted:

Missing a 95% flank shot from the neighboring tile and a soldier getting hit with a crit shot from across the map in full cover is :discourse:

The Full X-Com X-Perience :xcom:

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 4, 2021

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

The Full X-Com X-Perience :xcom:

Its honestly the best game. I got it as the pre order bonus for Bioshock Infinite.

Bioshock Infinite total play time: like 15 hours.
XCom total playtime: 800 hours

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Baltimore Goons, does Eastern Motors still air amazingly bad production quality commercials with local pro athletes?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Skip XCOM and play Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle instead

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

Skip XCOM and play War in the Pacific instead

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Mods mods please.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anyone else find when they work really hard on a dish that takes a while you don't really want it when it's all done?

Spent my morning making spinach and ricotta pastizzis. Dressed up the filling with some caramelised garlic and onion, parmesean and aged cheddar. Pastry came out perfect. Great golden crust. Even heated up some marinara for dipping.

My guests enjoyed them which is the main thing but I guess tasting and seasoning as you go kinda takes the magic out when it's time to eat.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Anyone else find when they work really hard on a dish that takes a while you don't really want it when it's all done?

Spent my morning making spinach and ricotta pastizzis. Dressed up the filling with some caramelised garlic and onion, parmesean and aged cheddar. Pastry came out perfect. Great golden crust. Even heated up some marinara for dipping.

My guests enjoyed them which is the main thing but I guess tasting and seasoning as you go kinda takes the magic out when it's time to eat.

Yeah, if I’m cooking a big meal for a lot of people I usually wind up not being hungry by the time we eat because I’ve been grazing on stuff the whole time.

e: oh I just watched the Space Jam trailer and noticed that they recreate that photo of Lebron and DWade. I think someone in here posted that they hoped they did that? Anyway you got your wish.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I feel like when I eat like that I taste all the things that could be done to make it better.

I've learned to take a small taste and gauge my first reaction of either "Thats good, thats bad"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Grey Hunter sock puppet account spotted

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Yo when's your trip report going up on your podcast I may be heading to DWorld in October and wanna hear the latest deets.

Welcome back!

Thanks! I think we're taking a bit of a hiatus from the podcast at the moment. There's not so much changing from week to week to fill up the time and we're all kind of busy so it's kind of gone by the wayside.

But the gist is that we just did kind of a leisurely tour this time. We mostly just ate, did some forgotten attractions (Swiss Family Robinson, the Riverboat), and hung out. Did get to try the spring roll cart at MK. The cheeseburger ones were good but I though the pepperoni ones were better. Had the pb cold brew at Gideon's at DS which was DELICIOUS. It was hot as balls the first two days there then it got nice. Was in the mid-60s when I left. Riviera quick serve breakfast is best breakfast on property IMO. People are nuts. Masks suck when it's hot. Kakamora Float is a pro choice at Aloha Isle. Skyliner is wonky more often than not these days and you can't ride it to Riviera in the morning unless you have a dining res at Topolino's, so get off at CBR station and walk.

But yeah, it was a fun low-key trip. Got questions, hit me with them.

Also saw them filming a commercial in Toy Story Land right outside Woody's Lunchbox. Tried to get my buddy to walk behind the couple they were filming and see if we could make it into the shot, but she wouldn't do it. She's not as much of an attention whore as I am. Also got a pic with Baby Yoda. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Heh

https://twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1378530684868812800