Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shrecknet posted:

Smh at everyone forgetting that before it was the Trop, it hosted the Lightning and was called the Thunderdome! :science:

And the Thunderdome it became again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That's every location within the Tampa/St. Petersburg area
I know you joke but IIRC the stadium itself is considered to be in a particularly terrible location with respect to traffic and accessibility.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

I know you joke but IIRC the stadium itself is considered to be in a particularly terrible location with respect to traffic and accessibility.

I'm not joking at all, I fly into Sarasota anymore for spring training.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Both pitchers thru 6 with no hits.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
The Trop was built to attract a team in the early 90s (specifically either the White Sox or Giants), but failed to do so. It was also built right before Camden started the retro-classic phase of ballparks that we're just now breaking away from.

I will defend the Trop to my grave because I have poor taste and no shame. All these Camden ripoffs have no character or hanging objects that obstruct play every now and then. The nostalgia of growing up a short bike ride from the stadium may be a big factor here too. All you other fans of teams that play with a roof have a cowardly roof that will retract sometimes, real domes never retract!

Apr 7, 2003

marioinblack posted:

The Trop was built to attract a team in the early 90s (specifically either the White Sox or Giants), but failed to do so. It was also built right before Camden started the retro-classic phase of ballparks that we're just now breaking away from.

Bring back retro classic, the new Texans stadium looks like a loving costco

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Popete posted:

as soon as I turn it on, drat. literally the next pitch.

Apr 7, 2003

There's also another newish stadium, I can't remember it off the top of my head, but the area behind the batter is a padded wall that is painfully reminiscent of Three Rivers Stadium. Disgusting.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Bring back retro classic, the new Texans stadium looks like a loving costco

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status/1378509128046419969?s=21

huge exhale omg

Apr 7, 2003

Don't worry, still 160 games for him to turn into a pumpkin or commit sex crimes.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Oakland Coliseum literally leaks sewage and poo poo onto the field and in the dugouts yet somehow the Trop still manages to be worse, it's impressive honestly

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 4, 2021

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

At least it’s an open air cesspool.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
A little behind but I suspect the Rangers pitching staff has some issues.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Johnny Bravo posted:

Oakland Coliseum literally leaks sewage and poo poo onto the field and in the dugouts yet somehow the Trop still manages to be worse, it's impressive honestly

Seems pretty simple- use the proceeds from an auction/drawing to be the person that gets to set off the demolition of Mt. Davis. Win-win.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shrecknet posted:

The Trop gave us dickshot.gif, I approve
that's fandickshot.gif, the original dickshot.gif happened at Dodger Stadium

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
matt_lolliday.gif

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/ctrent/status/1378500024141815809

Baseball is so good y'all. I don't know any other sport that has players that are active fanboys of living legends like this.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I saw a game at the Trop in 1998. It felt like a slightly bigger basketball arena, but I can't recall much on specifics, other than parking was horrible.

The Devil Rays did have a sweet deal that for $20 (or $25) you could buy an inaugural game program, T-shirt and poster. Still have all of them somewhere.

Apr 7, 2003

Shrecknet posted:

https://twitter.com/ctrent/status/1378500024141815809

Baseball is so good y'all. I don't know any other sport that has players that are active fanboys of living legends like this.

He's just saying that because he doesn't want Molina to stab him to death.

Molina is an active threat to every player he faces.

Apr 7, 2003

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I saw a game at the Trop in 1998. It felt like a slightly bigger basketball arena, but I can't recall much on specifics, other than parking was horrible.

The Devil Rays did have a sweet deal that for $20 (or $25) you could buy an inaugural game program, T-shirt and poster. Still have all of them somewhere.

Imagine watching baseball at a place where you had to park a car.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/DannyVietti/status/1378464048463835136

Apr 7, 2003

Puig loves a good fight and I respect that.

Apr 7, 2003

If I were built like Yasiel Puig I would be inserting myself into every fight I could find.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popete posted:

technically there was one hit at this point

Apr 7, 2003

Yasiel Puig just wandering around downtown Cleveland, fighting random drunks and taking their stuff like a lovely RPG

Apr 7, 2003

Yasiel Puig in the dugout on Tuesday, showing off all the poo poo he took from drunks during his reverse Batman weekends

Apr 7, 2003

The Crow, except it's Yasiel Puig fighting random Indians fans

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I saw a game at the Trop in 1996, a Lightning game!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Intruder posted:

I see you're not familiar with the Oakland Athletics

Honestly, I think the Trop might be worse than the Coliseum.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Yasiel Puig just wandering around downtown Cleveland, fighting random drunks and taking their stuff like a lovely RPG

I'm only now getting into Yakuza 0, but I can definitely envision this.

DRUNKARDS

DELINQUENTS

BEST FANS IN BASEBALL

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

They built it in the early 90s to attract a baseball team that didn't show up until the late 90s

They built it to attract the White Sox in the late ‘80s when it looked like they were going to move. Then Miami got a team and they were boned because Huizenga was able to stop anyone else from moving in on his turf. They almost got the Giants but the NL owners vetoed it at the last minute.

It looks like a dump because it’s the last of the fixed roof baseball warehouses.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 4, 2021

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/dodgerslowdown/status/1378549969645268993?s=21

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/ChadMoriyama/status/1378540258258690050
https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1378541716869898240

lmao at the result but nice catapult action on the homerun rob.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:hmmyes:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I went to a Rays game a couple of years ago at the Trop, and club level tickets had a face value of a hundred and twenty five bucks. I was amazed, because the four tickets we had still cost less than my wife and I to sit in the sun at Nats Park. So my well whiskey was paid for already, and I had a good time. And the Orioles won.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
The Luis Robert and Jo Adell comparisons from a couple of years ago are alive and well

https://mobile.twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1378530684868812800

Shohei Ohtani is the scheduled starting pitcher for tomorrow's game. Shohei Ohtani is also the scheduled DH for tomorrow's game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Johnny Bravo posted:

Shohei Ohtani is the scheduled starting pitcher for tomorrow's game. Shohei Ohtani is also the scheduled DH for tomorrow's game.

That’s not how it works. That’s not how any of this works!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Johnny Bravo posted:

The Luis Robert and Jo Adell comparisons from a couple of years ago are alive and well

https://mobile.twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1378530684868812800

the angels are just giving up the dh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
It's a goofy system that in that they lose out on the dh all game so will need to pinch hit for pitchers after he is out of the game. It'd be interesting if by choosing to not use the dh the opposing team doesn't get it either. Make the dh a home team decision.