Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

vyelkin posted:

If only the greatest basketball player ever had tried out a different sport, oh well I guess we'll never know how that would have turned out and we'll just have to speculate.
Hey now he was forced to due to steroids and gambling

He still really sucked though

EDIT: When I first saw this I thought you were talking about Wilt Chamberlain playing volleyball for shits and giggles

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

latest fuckin cyberpunk patch got weird

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1378243201438519297

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

what the hell

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
lol at boiler man

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:stonklol:

nervana
Dec 9, 2010
Honestly... I’ve been trying to get my American family into soccer and this is why they get drawn away. This a pathetic showing of cowardice, and I can’t blame to them for straying away from this “sport” for a more stoic endeavor like football. I wish these pathetic soft-skinned losers would grow a pair of balls and start acting like men instead of children. Nobody with any sense of rationalism can look at this and consider it okay. I love the world of soccer, but the concept of flopping goes against any sense of pride, honor, or forbearance that I have been taught to value. I do not understand how these players, with most of their ancestors being brave soldiers (on both sides) in the 2 world wars the decimated Europe, can act in such a timorous manor. Where has honor gone? To sacrifice one’s veneration for a free kick is to what end? How can they look at themselves in the mirror afterwards? Perhaps this “sport” needs a massive penalty for such cowardice (see WW1 tactics for cowardice) to build back the integrity of the game.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

same energy

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I loving hate anyone that has a massive chub for military poo poo. gently caress off with that bullshit.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

nervana posted:

Honestly... I’ve been trying to get my American family into soccer and this is why they get drawn away. This a pathetic showing of cowardice, and I can’t blame to them for straying away from this “sport” for a more stoic endeavor like football. I wish these pathetic soft-skinned losers would grow a pair of balls and start acting like men instead of children. Nobody with any sense of rationalism can look at this and consider it okay. I love the world of soccer, but the concept of flopping goes against any sense of pride, honor, or forbearance that I have been taught to value. I do not understand how these players, with most of their ancestors being brave soldiers (on both sides) in the 2 world wars the decimated Europe, can act in such a timorous manor. Where has honor gone? To sacrifice one’s veneration for a free kick is to what end? How can they look at themselves in the mirror afterwards? Perhaps this “sport” needs a massive penalty for such cowardice (see WW1 tactics for cowardice) to build back the integrity of the game.

So in this analysis is Werner Hilter? Tried to come and conquer Britain but ended up destroying his career (guess we will wait to see how his story ends)

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

CyberPingu posted:

So in this analysis is Werner Hilter? Tried to come and conquer Britain but ended up destroying his career (guess we will wait to see how his story ends)

nah man timos harald hadrada he immediately poo poo the bed at stamford bridge

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

this is the most insane football advanced stats thing ive ever seen

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Werner is a bit too Aryan to be Hilter anyway.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

nervana posted:

Perhaps this “sport” needs a massive penalty for such cowardice (see WW1 tactics for cowardice) to build back the integrity of the game.

Is...he saying people who dive should be shot?

You just know this oval office was burning his nikes on Facebook a couple of years ago.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Eau de MacGowan posted:

:hmmyes:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/08/bigger-more-diverse-european-super-league-can-enrich-football-philipp-lahm

Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.

What a joke

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Did a child write this? Maybe it's lost in translation but this reads like something out of a high school encyclopedia.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Did a child write this? Maybe it's lost in translation but this reads like something out of a high school encyclopedia.

Has anyone ever accused Lahm of being intelligent off of a football pitch?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Shrapnig posted:

Has anyone ever accused Lahm of being intelligent off of a football pitch?

He's an investor now so it's assumed that he's smart

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Gigi Galli posted:

I thought he was an amazing player, now I think he's a moron and a shill.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Compared to the Michael Owen book excerpts this is Shakespeare though.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Gigi Galli posted:

Compared to the Michael Owen book excerpts this is Shakespeare though.

Not to to defend Michael Owen's integrity, but at least he's too self-absorbed and incapable of abstract thought to serve as a useful ambassador for a European super league on the grounds that it promotes diversity.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

"There are also, of course, rules in basketball, table tennis and the Eurovision song contest. But the impact of football is greater."

Well gently caress me I can't argue with that bring on the superleague

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It's an exercise in corporate word salad. Don't put forward any kind of opinion that can be argued with, mention some key words like diversity (doesn't have to make sense, just ticking off a list here) and be broadly positive towards some "good" thing you are trying to push without any kind of antagonism. It is literally trash but it won't cause controversy and will look good to the corporate hierarchy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
no i'm not reading it

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1384121034387824645?s=20

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

*spectator writer thinking harder than he’s ever thought about anything before* football is like.... the bloody EU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

I did and it's good

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Remembering the simpler times when we all laughed at Philip Lahm's dumb investment brochure.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Lewis Dunk is (IMO) on a par with Dias

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Basically any words spoken about Newcastle in the next month are going to fit in this thread, so I feel like I have to set a marker they have to get past before being considered bad enough:

https://twitter.com/andy_rivs/status/1390403440153608194

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Someone warn Jose bovvy and tetsuo

That they're gonna be quoted in here a lot!!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

They already quoted my Twitter account m8

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Basically any words spoken about Newcastle in the next month are going to fit in this thread, so I feel like I have to set a marker they have to get past before being considered bad enough:

https://twitter.com/andy_rivs/status/1390403440153608194

This loses some menace when read in a geordie accent

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
me trying to defend toon fans from accusations of being gormless lunatics moments before another tweet like this gets posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYs76Ko6EnE&t=40s

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/MrPaddyMurphy/status/1392160951609217030

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/SpursViews_/status/1393304151296253955?s=19

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

You might be able to make a thread about just this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003