Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Alright so the ultraliberalism vision quest so far, I haven't completed it yet, due to the game locking up during a dialogue in an unrelated quest.

So you start off by choosing one of your political ideologies in a dream on day 3. If you choose ultraliberalism, by emphasizing your economic self-interest you'll be contacted by Savoir-Faire, or "Savvy" as it now calls itself, in the morning.

Savvy says that although you've been hustling real good, nothing you've done yet has really made your "net worth" go up in a noticeable way, you need to *re-conceptualize* your entire portfolio so that you can become a MILLIONAIRE?

But how can you do that? Collecting tare or asking for handouts just isn't going to cut it, and neither is selling Kim's car or (as suggested by Endurance) simply forcing a réal inside your body so you can literally embody wealth. None of that is going to win her back.

But Savvy's got your back. By the way, I feel like this thing has had pretty amazing synergy with Art Cop and the whole deranged superstar act.
'

You have to find a poor struggling artist, someone real who actively repels wealth and success, and become their patron, someone like Cindy the Skull.

This obviously leads you to speak to Cindy, but what you are after isn't something public like her usual grafitti, but something private, something exclusive, something with soul.

She takes some convincing, but ultimately can't stand against market forces.

This is it true, authentic art, a unique masterpiece. You must purchase this, you must become her patron.

Now that you possess Art. You need to find a seller. There are a couple of options but none of them are quite right. But once again Savvy's got your back, just take a walk around and Savvy will listen for net worth.

Obviously, the strange container, those who opened it in the old version of the game probably expected that the occupant would have something to do with this quest already.

Roll them dice! My Rethoric is terrible, but I put on some clothes to help out, had a cigarette and lucked out, saving me from having to invest skill points to try again. As you can see, Savvy is here and you can skip right past the queue like the VIP you are.

Inside you find a man whose net worth is so unfathomable he warps reality around him, at least to someone like you.

Here he is. The Buyer. Now hustle

Those of high net worth however don't usually carry much spending cash around on them, instead of paying you in something so common as money he has to pay you in something that's even better, shares, Net Worth.

Upon attaining Net Worth it's as though something about reality changes and you emerge from the container a new man, an individual with Net Worth.

This changes your perspective on the world, as you find out what an individual with Net Worth can, can't do and possibly shouldn't do

There are also concerns you have now as a public figure, you need to manage and broadcast your brand, and you are going to need highly skilled help to accomplish this.

Who knows where this all might end up?

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Is there a bug on PS4 with thought cabinet unlocks? I got the skill point, but all my cursor selections only prompt to forget preexisting thoughts, and new ones keep saying 'spend a point to unlock a slot.'

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Oh, I did grab one screenshot from the Communist quest

and it fits with the above post

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

RubberLuffy posted:

Oh, I did grab one screenshot from the Communist quest

and it fits with the above post

Is that the new area the final cut alluded to? And is it communist quest exclusive?

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

EorayMel posted:

Is that the new area the final cut alluded to? And is it communist quest exclusive?

It's the room above where Cindy hangs out, behind the metal door up the steps. I never got access to it besides the commiequest

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Springfield Fatts posted:

Is there a bug on PS4 with thought cabinet unlocks? I got the skill point, but all my cursor selections only prompt to forget preexisting thoughts, and new ones keep saying 'spend a point to unlock a slot.'

are you clicking on the thoughts or the locked slots?

you get the bottom three for free but you have to click on the rest of the slots to unlock them

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
The open slots. It's still giving me the those two scripts.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
yeah, I'm having trouble getting thought cabinet slots to open and i'm scared to keep trying because i've made myself forget thoughts, but luckily i've been able to just get them back quickly. I don't know if that cost me a skill point though, but I know I've had 3 skill points at least twice and trying to get a thought cabinet slot to unlock has just been finnicky. I've only successfully unlocked one slot after the first row of three, so I've internalized 4 thoughts total. I'm playing on console though.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Really enjoying this game so far but man is it stingy with the autosaves. I've had a couple of crashes, both coming after long mandatory sequences (the dream after Day 1 and, more frustratingly, after doing the whole field autopsy, including finding the real cause of death) I only lost a half hour or so of time on the second one, but it's not a terribly thrilling stretch to have to replay.

I'm having a hard time with the money side of things though. I was barely able to pay my rent for Day 3, and I expect that problem to recur given that I've only just gotten the body out of the tree. I guess I need to start writing tickets for people or something? I haven't really dug into that mechanic yet at all.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ShakeZula posted:

I'm having a hard time with the money side of things though. I was barely able to pay my rent for Day 3, and I expect that problem to recur given that I've only just gotten the body out of the tree. I guess I need to start writing tickets for people or something? I haven't really dug into that mechanic yet at all.

congratulations, your money problems are over and you've actually already spent more than you needed to

in the fishing village that unlocks on Day 3, you can stay in a shack for free for the rest of the game

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

dmboogie posted:

congratulations, your money problems are over and you've actually already spent more than you needed to

in the fishing village that unlocks on Day 3, you can stay in a shack for free for the rest of the game

Hooray! Now I can spend my small amount of money on things that matter: booze and cigarettes!

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

never played the original version but definitely hearing Felix in one place so not all the chapos are gone

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Springfield Fatts posted:

The open slots. It's still giving me the those two scripts.

You have to highlight the locked slot and press x to open it. The highlighting on the locked slot is EXTREMELY hard to see. Took me a bit to figure it out too.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

OK, I think I know why certain parts keep soft locking you (unable to click through more dialogue). I took about 10 tries on one that I had a save right before to test and see when dialogue would let me continue or not.

I think the game only lets you continue when Harry is in the "right" position, but in these unskippable scenes, if you came into it at the wrong speed or wrong angle, Harry never gets there, resulting in a soft lock. I noticed it first in one where sometimes my character would just stop as soon as the camera was out of my control, but sometime they would keep walking to another spot.

When on the island and going into the dream, when crossing the water to get to Delores Dei, I was always trying close to the bottom of the south boundary, and kinda moving slowly, and Harry would never get close to her. When I kept my character closer to the north, it let me get into the dialogue options, but wouldn't let me choose anything. Eventually I came in at a running pace and close to the north boundary/invisible wall on the water, and I could get through the dialogue.

If anyone is stuck on one of these points, I would try entering these scenes running and not close to any obstacles/walls that would slow you down, until that is fixed.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency
Being admonished by Kim in full VO is quite the experience.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

that crashed car bug on day 3 is brutal. really hope they get the patch out tomorrow, though I doubt it

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the commiequest starts off goofy but by the end of it you can tell that their hearts are in the right place, even if they're irony poisoned.

my healths our of whack because i just said gently caress it for the final cut playthrough. i just wanted to see the new content :)

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Apr 4, 2021

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just noticed that the game is very inconsistent about the spelling of the currency, sometimes it's Reál and sometimes it's Réal.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
You know what isn't inconsistent?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I think I locked myself out of the ultra-liberal quest?

I did the following steps:

I bought the art from Cindy as told. It gave me a few dialog options to pawn it to someone else. I picked the rich container guy. However, the container is permanently closed. Joyce has already sailed off. Are there any alternative options? I cant bring it up to Garte or Evrart despite them being initially listed as options

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I can't even start the game after the update. Sigh.

They might have just smidge overestimated themselves when they announced a March release.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

I think I locked myself out of the ultra-liberal quest?

I did the following steps:

I bought the art from Cindy as told. It gave me a few dialog options to pawn it to someone else. I picked the rich container guy. However, the container is permanently closed. Joyce has already sailed off. Are there any alternative options? I cant bring it up to Garte or Evrart despite them being initially listed as options

As far as I could tell you you have to sell the art to the rich guy in the container, none of the others, presumably, can offer you shares like he can, how did it become permanently locked for you?

e: sidenote, I've been doing an awful lot of speed this playthrough.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Randarkman posted:

As far as I could tell you you have to sell the art to the rich guy in the container, none of the others, presumably, can offer you shares like he can, how did it become permanently locked for you?

I went into the container The day before I got the quest and asked for an investment. Now that I have the quest when I come back to the container it just says "this door is now forever closed" and I can't interact with it anymore

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Megazver posted:

I can't even start the game after the update. Sigh.

They might have just smidge overestimated themselves when they announced a March release.

Yeah I've run into quite a few bugs. Lots of voice lines bugging out, playing in the wrong spots or just not playing at all. Also as I mentioned earlier, I appear to have triggered some part of the ultra vision quest because I keep getting prompts to ask Sileng about networth even though I don't have the related thought and haven't really picked any of those options.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

I went into the container The day before I got the quest and asked for an investment. Now that I have the quest when I come back to the container it just says "this door is now forever closed" and I can't interact with it anymore

Oh. He's still there for me actually.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
any more patches on PlayStation?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

So is the sunken car not being accessible even after waiting out the tide bug happening universally on console? It seems really common according to people online but I'm wondering if there's any hope of bypassing it. I'm a little wary of pressing on without exploring it, since it seems pretty important.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

So is the sunken car not being accessible even after waiting out the tide bug happening universally on console? It seems really common according to people online but I'm wondering if there's any hope of bypassing it. I'm a little wary of pressing on without exploring it, since it seems pretty important.

seems like it. I tried just about everything but there doesn’t seem to be any way to get the loop to break. on PS4. ive just been going around doing other stuff

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Doing the tribunal now. Every dice roll has been like 70% + chance, failed every single one so far.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Make sure you don't have the thought eqiupped which makes you fail all your red checks.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

HMS Beagle posted:

Make sure you don't have the thought eqiupped which makes you fail all your red checks.

Nah, don't have that one. It was just bad luck. I succeeded on the last check. I'll probably just roll with this, seeing as I did perfectly the first time round.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I played around 10 hours in the new version and the only bug I found is thats sometimes after I quicksave, interactable stuff will become unclickable. A reload will fix it

Other that that, everything is perfect. And Im playing on linux, using steam proton

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Conclusion of ultraliberalism quest.

EDIT: a bit more

You can choose other options, such as saying "it's good, but the timing is unfortunate" (it stands ready after you wake up from the Tribunal), but I didn't really have the consience to do so. He comes across somewhat desperate for affirmation, plus it does look pretty great.

It's actually a little sweet.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 4, 2021

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Shivers, man. I'm pretty sure Revachol just gave me a jacket because it thought I looked cold. I love this city.

It gets wordy when you pass a passive check, which is cool and stands out, but it's also got a talent for pithy lines.

RHETORIC: Do it for the proletariat.
SHIVERS: Do it for the wind.

You know who's cool? Anette. She's one of the smartest people on the block, and she knows a hell of a lot more about books than her mom ever will. Also cool: Cindy the Skull.

Man, I missed this game. I need to do an art cop run after this, mixed with a motorics cop I guess because I haven't bothered with that yet and it'd be nice to be on Kim's wavelength. I guess that'll be when I do centrism as well.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Ragnar34 posted:

Man, I missed this game. I need to do an art cop run after this, mixed with a motorics cop I guess because I haven't bothered with that yet and it'd be nice to be on Kim's wavelength. I guess that'll be when I do centrism as well.

Art Cop goes pretty fantastically with the ultraliberal vision quest btw.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 5, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm trying to get the Honor Cop achievement and I'm following this guide but some of the honor options aren't actually giving me points.

Wondering if they broke this with Final Cut, since I also didn't get the Honor Cop thought after passing the minimum threshold.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
In terms of VOs, I wanna give a special shoutout to Idiot Doom Spiral. It wasn't what I expected, but him telling you the Tale of Tequila Sunset just really works with his normal-guy voice.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

mary had a little clam posted:

In terms of VOs, I wanna give a special shoutout to Idiot Doom Spiral. It wasn't what I expected, but him telling you the Tale of Tequila Sunset just really works with his normal-guy voice.

Yeah, Doom Spiral is genuine. A real high concept, billion réal guy. Don't know if you saw the spoilers in my post above, but you get some interaction with him in the ultralib vision quest, it's (that is that whole quest) all got a bit of a hobo delusion to it, but in the end I actually thought it was a bit sweet.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 5, 2021

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Randarkman posted:

Conclusion of ultraliberalism quest.

EDIT: a bit more

You can choose other options, such as saying "it's good, but the timing is unfortunate" (it stands ready after you wake up from the Tribunal), but I didn't really have the consience to do so. He comes across somewhat desperate for affirmation, plus it does look pretty great.

It's actually a little sweet.

Additional to this:

The statue will be different depending on your copotype - for my apocalypse cop Harry there were body bags hanging off the rider and strewn around the base. Afraid I forgot to take a screenshot though.

Another small detail about the quest:

The pawn shop guy will apparently let you buy the street lamp with net worth, though I didn’t actually do that on my run through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I finally got my girlfriend to play this and her Harry is attempting to be professional while being honest and respectful about his mental health issues.

My heart broke a little when she didn't even try to run away from Garte.