Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
DMT smokers who up rn using their magic machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Holy poo poo Warwick Davis is 51. I thought he was way older. Imagine spending your 20s playing a cocky little poo poo of a monster for some horror movies. loving good time.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

DesertIslandHermit posted:

It's amazing that there was just this trend of horror movies that had an installment in space. Like Jason X and the 4th Hellraiser movie.

Yeah I kinda wish there were more tbh

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
hey is anything happening with politics right now

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

20 Blunts posted:

not really

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

20 Blunts posted:

this is the trum thread

if you want to discuss politics go do it in the Gleenwalld thread

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Flavius Aetass posted:

I finally watched Shin Godzilla tonight and it was pretty good. I thought the Godzilla parts were amazing although the movie as a whole was basically about how bureaucracy moves in a crisis.

Afterward I skipped through the new Godzilla vs King Kong movie and just about threw up when I saw how different a Hollywood blockbuster is. Every single frame is some dramatic angle with dramatic colors. Even the quiet scenes are surrounded by techno glowing screens and everyone is wearing a tacticool earpiece even though they're in an office and all the TROOPS are OO-RAH KICKING rear end SIR, just loving garbage.
sounds about right. Hollywood is very bad and can't do anything anymore more besides dramatic tacticlol are troops and constant dramatically walking-around-corners-while-talking shots with $300 million in cgi budget, and all we get is either joss whedon soybanter "uhh..mhhh.. so THAT happened! yikes!" or super srs nolan grimdark rally the chimera cannon srsly this is srs dont laugh writing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

*takes this off wall to do cocaine off of*

K9
May 6, 2007

Sickening posted:

Climbers are the saddest bunch. Perpetually broke and their lives end up being short because they fall off a big loving rock. Of all the dumb things to get addicted to. Only to outdone by their wingsuit brothers who make their own deaths even more hilarious.

more like, suckening

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
A good soup! Happy Passover.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Zisky posted:

A good soup. Happy Passover.

really want to sixer you for this but i feel like that would be antisemitic somehow

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
is that mashed potatoes and dill or am i going insane

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Flavius Aetass posted:

really want to sixer you for this but i feel like that would be antisemitic somehow

Now you understand the true source of our power.

Edit: Matzo balls with chicken fat in the dough

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Zisky posted:

Now you understand the true source of our power.

Edit: Matzo balls with chicken fat in the dough

oh that's matzo balls

gotta say i like your bowl and spoon a lot

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
matzoh ball soup is extremely good for something that should be very bland. always a nice heartwarming dish to make when sick or cold. i didn't get to make anything this year. i make them vegetarian though so no chicken fat.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

The chicken stock's also from scratch. Really makes all the difference.

I think a veggie soup would be good too though...the veggie better than bullion would more than pull it's weight I'm sure.

As far as bland goes there's a balance between flavor packed and wholesome I think, and matzo ball falls squarely on the wholesome side, kind of like jjuk or congee.

Zisky has issued a correction as of 09:20 on Apr 4, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zisky posted:

The chicken stock's also from scratch. Really makes all the difference.

I think a veggie soup would be good too though...the veggie better than bullion would more than pull it's weight I'm sure
yeah i use veggie betterthanbouillion all the time. last time i followed this and it turned out well https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/vegetarian-matzo-ball-soup/ idk if you have improvement suggestions. ive done ones in the past with only betterthanbouillon and it was ok. BTB actually makes a vegetarian chicken broth version that's pretty good and doesnt have the tomato base in it which works for that

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

maybe vegas wasn't a good idea for blue man group

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Bideo James posted:

DMT smokers who up rn using their magic machine?

I'm still not 100% sure that my life isn't an extended version of the DMT trip I had in 2015.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Xaris posted:

yeah i use veggie betterthanbouillion all the time. last time i followed this and it turned out well https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/vegetarian-matzo-ball-soup/ idk if you have improvement suggestions. ive done ones in the past with only betterthanbouillon and it was ok. BTB actually makes a vegetarian chicken broth version that's pretty good and doesnt have the tomato base in it which works for that

That looks fantastic. Personally I'd cut down on the cloves but that's just a preference.

Ed balls wise ours are pretty much the same minus all the spices besides salt and pepper (and the schmaltz). The seltzer seems to be key, the difference in the texture is real.

Zisky has issued a correction as of 10:01 on Apr 4, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

samantonio posted:

I'm still not 100% sure that my life isn't an extended version of the DMT trip I had in 2015.

DMT is cool bc time does not exist, you can be just out of you mind in a fantastical wonderland of candy-cane trumps and kushners under the loving careing grace of the Trio Gods staring down at you for what feels like years....

then you wake up back to a time of obama presidency and look at the clock, its 3:57 am. only 5 minutes have elapsed

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

QCS at it again, this time people want to eliminate embedded tweets

I say we embed everything and everyone

except ducklo

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
they say if you do dmt it stays in your body forever. even longer than gum

K9
May 6, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

QCS at it again, this time people want to eliminate embedded tweets

I say we embed everything and everyone

except ducklo

ducklo hath tread his hour upon history's stage imo
embed bates

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i read the qcs twitter op and the problem of "every thread i post in a den of vipers viciously biting each other over the smallest perceived differences because of tweets" is letting "because of tweets" do a lot of heavy lifting

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

CODChimera posted:

Pacific Rim(1) was a good total nonsense film

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

cumshitter posted:

i read the qcs twitter op and the problem of "every thread i post in a den of vipers viciously biting each other over the smallest perceived differences because of tweets" is letting "because of tweets" do a lot of heavy lifting

problem: 'waah people were commenting on a tweet that got deleted so I can't figure out what's going on waah what is context waah'

the solution, as always: :justpost:

K9
May 6, 2007

welcome to da vipaz den

K9
May 6, 2007

cumshitter posted:

what about thc i've been putting on some weight lately

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
QCS is both guy and angel

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

cumshitter posted:

It actually embeds in the gum and grows like a mushroom taking over it's host organism.

On a serious note, DMT is produced in the brain, so...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

samantonio posted:

It actually embeds in the gum and grows like a mushroom taking over it's host organism.

ah i see we have a fellow infinite jest-er

dmz owns

have yo uwatched DMT: The Spirit Molecule documentary? its been like 10+ years but it was interesting how consistent experiences are

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Xaris posted:

ah i see we have a fellow infinite jest-er

dmz owns

have yo uwatched DMT: The Spirit Molecule documentary? its been like 10+ years but it was interesting how consistent experiences are

Yea I went down that rabbit hole back in probably 2015. That's when I got heavily invested in psychedelics and dissociatives. I spent just under two full years on /daily/ Sigma-level DXM (which after about three plateau 3+ doses in a two-ish day period becomes a completely different drug on your brain. You no longer get visuals, etc, instead you can function in the world -- for the most part -- just fine, but your brain kicks into this crazy puzzle-hunting mode and you kinda start viewing yourself as Jesus.

During the peak of the DXM/LSD days in 2015 when I created an alter ego that is now my username on here, I got some DMT for the first time. I heard about it from a combination of sources that all hit in like the same week. A Joe Rogan podcast on it / a video by a neurosurgeon who tried it that was posted on YouTube / Netflix suddenly recommending 'DMT: A Spirit Molecule' / and watching 'Enter the Void'. Figured it was a sign I needed to try it.

So I went to my favorite silky, dark place, purchased some and tried it once. But it was weird, I was fried out of my mind on 600-1800mg of DXM (twice daily) at the time so the trip was different than I was expecting and I almost got the feel that it was some dud poo poo. After trying it I had to drive about 90 minutes away to meet some potential clients for a photo gig.

On the way to meet them I started tripping very heavy, heavier than the DXM was affecting me those days. When I sat down with the couple I noticed the husband had one eye, but during our talk it was like his eye hole was sucking into itself. I started to get the feel that he was the snake from the Bible and he was tempting me to go further with these drugs or something, totally batshit. I was having (obviously) a hard time keeping it together and I told the couple that I couldn't continue the interview, that my head wasn't straight. They seemed to pick up on it pretty quick and told me it was alright but that o should go. I struggled to walk out of the coffee shop and get in my car and then I deleted the couple's phone number from my phone and the email chain that had set up the meeting. I'm not sure how I got back home just fine. But I'm honestly slightly curious if that was all part of a trip and if it even happened. I tried to convince myself that it had but I had no records of the couple since I had deleted their info.

Viginti Septem has issued a correction as of 11:00 on Apr 4, 2021

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard
do the trumpy trump
Do the trumpy tryep

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

samantonio posted:

Yea I went down that rabbit hole back in probably 2015. That's when I got heavily invested in psychedelics and dissociatives. I spent just under two full years on /daily/ Sigma-level DXM (which after about three plateau 3+ doses in a two-ish day period becomes a completely different drug on your brain. You no longer get visuals, etc, instead you can function in the world -- for the most part -- just fine, but your brain kicks into this crazy puzzle-hunting mode and you kinda start viewing yourself as Jesus.
jesus christ lmao. don't do DXM.

also pro-tip, and this may be very out of date because i haven't made it since like ~2006-7 back when internet was more nubile and less restricted with everything being plastered like a fly on a windshield, but DMT is actually very easy to make and mimosa hostilis bark is (was?) legal to buy along with ingredients to freebase it.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

robotripping is the one thing I've tried drug wise that I absolutely wish I hadn't. my brain felt wrong for weeks afterwards. I can't imagine doing it repeatedly, let alone multiple times in the same day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Flavius Aetass posted:

I finally watched Shin Godzilla tonight and it was pretty good. I thought the Godzilla parts were amazing although the movie as a whole was basically about how bureaucracy moves in a crisis.

Afterward I skipped through the new Godzilla vs King Kong movie and just about threw up when I saw how different a Hollywood blockbuster is. Every single frame is some dramatic angle with dramatic colors. Even the quiet scenes are surrounded by techno glowing screens and everyone is wearing a tacticool earpiece even though they're in an office and all the TROOPS are OO-RAH KICKING rear end SIR, just loving garbage.

Shin Godzilla is good but basically about how it would be great if a crisis forced Japan to be fascist again.

I guess that's still an improvement on American cinema which settles for a messy CGI blur of fascist imagery and calls it a day.