Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol

“What’s happened over the years is these groups’ expectation level has been pummeled into the ground,” said Ralph Nader, the former Green Party presidential candidate who heaped scorn on liberal lawmakers praising the White House. “They don’t even really have to be schmoozed because it’s such an easy sell.”

“I just had to walk them through what it means to take credit for a victory,” Jayapal said, who added that many of the progressives in Congress were activists before they were elected to the chamber. “We’re used to feeling like we’ve got to get everything. Frankly, this is a new moment for a lot of our members. We haven’t been in a governing moment before.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Judakel posted:

blew texas maybe

Beato Blows Brownsville

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Squatoooopia

Wish anyone would buy my seed :(

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Btw I refuse to watch this but I'm guessing Che Guevara is canceled now

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao they're complaining about tweet embeds in QCS

Didn't the nazi mod get his buttons pretty much entirely thanks to his "excellent USPol posting," which consisted almost entirely of aggregating tweets in the thread without comment?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Falstaff posted:

Didn't the nazi mod get his buttons pretty much entirely thanks to his "excellent USPol posting," which consisted almost entirely of aggregating tweets in the thread without comment?

That's how I got mine

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

loquacius posted:

Btw I refuse to watch this but I'm guessing Che Guevara is canceled now

they compare it to wearing a shirt with hitlers face on it to a synagogue unironically

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

they compare it to wearing a shirt with hitlers face on it to a synagogue unironically

Being Jewish means having to put up with lovely analogies like this pretty much constantly

In this analogy Jews are represented by *checks notes* plantation owners and fascists

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Haha aocs dating a thomas nast irishman

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Marzzle posted:

tankies generally want to let a lot of people die to achieve whatever their idealistic political goal is. there's a connotation of the ends justifying the means by which you achieve your totally realistic communist utopia (when you're just gonna get an authoritarian hell state if you try to build it on a pile of skulls)

that is to say, cspam is fuckin' jammed packed with tankie edgelords who speak up more or less depending on the climate

What does this meeean

Like who or why. Tankie can't just mean "I love to watch things die" lol

Deified Data has issued a correction as of 14:19 on Apr 4, 2021

Rectal Death Deft
Jan 10, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
i will never understand what a tankie is don't even try to explain it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

Being Jewish means having to put up with lovely analogies like this pretty much constantly

In this analogy Jews are represented by *checks notes* plantation owners and fascists

'you know who I think of when I think of brutal and exploitive capitalists? This is just like the Jews, I say. Why are you angry I'm on your side? You must be one of those self hating Jews my pastor told me about..."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Haha aocs dating a thomas nast irishman

AOC having a thing for the irish would explain all the support for Biden

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

gradenko_2000 posted:

AOC having a thing for the irish would explain all the support for Biden

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
who among us could resist the sirens of the emerald isles, frankly? I can't get enough of Catholicism, pasty complexions, and bad beer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

'you know who I think of when I think of brutal and exploitive capitalists? This is just like the Jews, I say. Why are you angry I'm on your side? You must be one of those self hating Jews my pastor told me about..."

the Labour antisemitism charade was the absolute worst culprit for this, because English bluebloods can't help but be virulently racist in every way possible even when they're trying to be woke

ok ok WHOA now let's not go crazy

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Rectal Death Deft posted:

i will never understand what a tankie is don't even try to explain it

Atm it's any leftist that doesn't want to balkanize China

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Passover needs to end already.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What if I want the US to balkanize

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gradenko_2000 posted:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

50 state solution

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cerebral Bore posted:

50 state solution

I read that as 50 cent solution

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Passover needs to end already.

Skip Passover

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

"And Australia has made a national pastime of brutalising and demonising refugees."

The gently caress was this supposed to mean? Don't post here unless you answer what this was meant to imply.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

gradenko_2000 posted:

#Cascadia #TabulaRasa #ItsTheOnlyWay

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

"And Australia has made a national pastime of brutalising and demonising refugees."

The gently caress was this supposed to mean? Don't post here unless you answer what this was meant to imply.

gently caress if I know, I'm drunk- wait was that a reply to one of my posts, what

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

gently caress if I know, I'm drunk- wait was that a reply to one of my posts, what

Your post you figure it out loser

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Tony yayo end my whole generation

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Anarchism is for children and too online people.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Accretionist posted:

#Cascadia #TabulaRasa #ItsTheOnlyWay

quote:

Cascadia, officially United Cascadia, is a nation that comprises of the whole North American Pacific seaboard, all the way to the former Baja Sea area. It was the client of the mercenary group Sicario during the Cascadian Conflict.
History

Cascadia was formed just prior to the After Calamity Era to normalize relations along the North American western seaboard. Its founding cities included Presidia, Prospero and Solstitium. Cascadia's rich geothermal and cordium resources gave it significant wealth and power.[1]

Cascadia was an associate member of the Pacific Federation, supporting aid and infrastructure development worldwide. However, when the Federation began using Cascadian resources to expand by conquest, Cascadia sought to withdraw its Federation membership, leading to the Cascadian Conflict.[2][3]

Although the war initially went poorly for Cascadia, with much territory taken by the Federation including the capital city Presidia, the Cascadian Independence Force rallied and was able to continue waging a conventional war against Federation forces. With the aid of Sicario and other mercenary groups, Cascadia eventually drove Federation forces out of its territory, leading to a ceasefire. Federation use of cordium weapons during the conflict caused the devastating Prospero Disaster and Presidian Disaster, the latter of which took place after the ceasefire was signed.

Following the disastrous end of the war, Cascadia supported Periphery states attacking the Federation, and became a haven for mercenary groups.[4]

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Coastal elites fear the chicago caliphate that would rise in a us balkanization

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Seven Force posted:

Skip Passover

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Falstaff posted:

also one of our trump thread mods

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Your post you figure it out loser

nah, I'm too busy drinking wine and lemonade

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Jabronie posted:

Coastal elites fear the chicago caliphate that would rise in a us balkanization

it's obvious that the utah/mormon alliance would dominate the continent in the balkanization chaos, they have been prepping for this exact scenario for centuries

about half of the military and intel services seem to be white mormons anyway so they are halfway there to world domination

wait why are all the dumbasses anti-semitic when the mormons are actually plotting and executing this poo poo

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

nah, I'm too busy drinking wine and lemonade

Then gently caress off until you explain your xenophobic post and get back to brunch lib

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Then gently caress off until you explain your xenophobic post and get back to brunch lib

...oh, I'm Australian and that post was not meant to be praise of such practices? Dunno what else you were on about.

Trump even said that Australia was worse than him on the call where the then Prime Minister admitted they already know everything about the people imprisoned in the camps and it's literally just for sadism

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

...oh, I'm Australian and that post was not meant to be praise of such practices? Dunno what else you were on about.

You were using that statement to justify locking up kids on the US border. Continue being a sunday drunk thanks for visiting from dnd

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You were using that statement to justify locking up kids on the US border. Continue being a sunday drunk thanks for visiting from dnd

I have no idea where you got that from because the suggestion was that the Australian policy was if anything a possible inspiration for American policy, complete with being bipartisan, awful, and completely unnecessary and accomplishing literally none of its stated goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
:aochloe: