Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
So, turns out there were no issues with the jump jet files at all!

It was an issue with the mod file.

Jump Jets need to be JumpJetDef, not UpgradeDef, so the game could kind-of see them but had no idea what they were supposed to be. I've verified that they do appear and seem to be working as intended, and while I was at it I tested all the other equipment and verified it all shows up too.

Edit: files have been uploaded, and should have v1.5 (which should force modtek to load them without deleting the .ModTek file)

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
BattleTech: Restoration Campaign – Episode 4: TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS

So. Orion.

That’ll do.

Training Results:
Glitch: +1 Gunnery, +1 piloting (Gunnery 8, Piloting 5) [Breaching Shot]

Now, we should see what Kamea…

Yeah... thanks.
Remind me what we stand to gain by winning this thing?
Never mind that, I want to know what he's wearing.
That is a seriously bold look, Professor. I don't even know what I'm seeing here.
What you are seeing, Mr. Virtanen, is the hide of a Black Reaper. A savage beast, the apex predator of Yance l, and a killer of men. I put an end to this one myself—tracked it for days, stalked it, and lanced it through the heart with a single thrust.
The hide is thick as rubber, yet soft as a lover's caress. The fur is as luxuriant as it is fragrant. Indeed, this coat is absolutely pregnant with the beast's indelible musk.
I'm suddenly overjoyed that we aren't speaking to you in person.
Now, let's get back to that prize purse. How big is it?
One million C-Bills. Winner take all.
Of course, that means that there will be no intermediary payouts. Eliminated competitors will walk away with nothing—assuming they walk away at all. Arena combat is rich with peril; it can easily swallow the unwary.
Peril doesn't scare me. We can handle whatever you throw at us.
So you say—for now. We'll see if you sing a different tune when you're scraping a prized MechWarrior out of a ruined cockpit.
Red death and the arena floor are constant companions.
...But if you speak truly, if you are a hunter of men, you will find much to love in my Tournament. For those bold enough to follow our rarefied path, risk is what gives life its flavor, its succulence.
Do you salivate at the thought of victory, Commander? Does the prospect of taking all comers and breaking them make your heart hammer in your chest?
drat right it does. I've got the best company in the Rimward Periphery, and I aim to prove it.
And I will give you that chance.
What are the rules of this tourney of yours? Are there drop weight restrictions? Tonnage requirements?
The Tournament of Champions has no need for such guidelines. In fact, your BattleMechs won't be required at all.
To ensure a level playing field, I insist that all competitors pilot hardware drawn from my own stable. Stock 'Mechs, bereft of embellishment or modification.
And if we'd prefer to use our own 'Mechs?
Then you'll be disappointed. I'm afraid that this rule is inviolable.
Should you attempt to deploy your own BattleMechs while the Tournament is in session, your lives will be forfeit. My enforcer, the man-monster Calamar Gigante, will tear you apart.
"Man-monster." Wow.
Anyone else get a little shiver just now? 'Cause I did.
Probably for the best, anyway. The Orion’s still being refitted.
So long as you honor my master's rules, you have nothing to fear from me.
But if you step out Of line, I will wrap you in my terrible grasp and squeeze the life from your chest. I won't stop until I've ground your bones to mulch, for that is the crushing power of Calamar Gigante.
Very Lucha.
He isn’t exaggerating, Commander. I once saw Gigante strangle a man and his horse at the same time.
Enough talk. You know the stakes, and you understand the risks. Now it is time to make a decision. Accept my contract, and I will test your MechWarriors in a crucible of blood and thunder. Join us, if you dare! The Tournament of Champions awaits!

Wait, who said that?
It wasn't just you. But if this contest is legit, we stand to win a lot of money. And because Horvat's insisting on supplying the hardware, we won't even have to put our own 'Mechs on the line.
In light of what we stand to gain, who cares if our host is a little eccentric?
Nobody, I guess.
I'll get our MechWarriors ready. Let's go win ourselves a tournament.
We didn’t take this sidetrack just to back out of this now.
Although, uhh…
What?

You know what? Nevermind.

Mission 18: Tournament of Champions I (Flashpoint, Commentary)

Rewards: 0 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 3 UMR-60 UrbanMech parts (1 UrbanMech salvaged!)

Don't let the stubby 'Urbie' fool you—it may look like a walking trash can, but it can mount heavy armor and a grown-up-sized Autocannon. R60s aren't known for their speed, but they are very useful if you can draw the enemy into their firing range.
So far, so good, Boss. I think that we could win this tournament.

Seriously, did anyone else hear that?
No arguments here, Doc. Horvat's a lunatic, and our fellow competitors aren't much better.
Speak Of the devil, we're getting a secure call from inside Horvat's castle. It's Jackhammer—you remember, the "I'm here to avenge my father!" lady? The one that Gigante threw in a cell after the match?
I'm surprised they let her have access to a comm system. Put her on the viewscreen. Let's see what she has to say.
Commander Fiveaces. I wasn't sure that you'd pick up.
I need to keep this brief—if Horvat catches me talking over this subdermal mic, he'll probably put a spear through my chest. But I'm taking the risk because we need to talk.
If this is about your father—
My father is alive and well on Leamington. That whole "vengeance" schtick is just a cover story.
Ahh, the good old: ‘for you, it was Tuesday’ gambit.
The truth is, I'm an undercover operative with the MllO, and I'm here to investigate Horvat's crimes against Davion commercial interests. He's a pirate, in case you hadn't figured that out.
Noooooo.
He also wants to marry his fur coat. You got a reason why we should care?
The Tournament of Champions is a sham. This whole circus is a sick joke that Horvat uses to sniff out highly skilled, morally flexible MechWarriors. He reveres strength and wants to surround himself with it, but his standards are impossibly high.
The second round of the Tournament is a trap. If you're good enough to push through and win anyway, the Professor will shower you in blood money to buy your friendship. If he finds you wanting, he'll kill you for sport.

He'll use whatever he drat well pleases. He's a pirate; he doesn't play by anyone's rules—especially not his own.
The Professor has been running this contest for years, and in all that time, the only actual winner has been Calamar Gigante. Everyone else—we're talking hundreds of contestants here—has "mysteriously disappeared." And if you let your MechWarriors compete again, he'll make them "disappear," too.
Okay. So I'm getting that our options aren't great.
If we lose
They really, really aren't. But fortunately for you, I'm here, and I've been authorized to offer you an alternative.
House Davion has granted me the authority to draft a kill order for Professor Mencius Horvat. I'd like your company to carry out the contract.
I dunno. I kind of prefer the idea of fighting our way onto Horvat's payroll.
You don't want to get in bed with Horvat. Even if you manage to beat him, it's a bad deal.
Working with pirates is a surefire way to get on the bad side Of every Great House in the Inner Sphere. Seriously, you'll wind up on everybody's poo poo list if you go through with this.
Nah.
Everybody but the pirates, that is. And from what you're telling us, going through with it will also earn us a whole lot of money.
As mercenaries, that's kind of relevant to our interests.
You don't get paid unless you win, and you won't win. If you work for me, on the other hand, you probably will win, because I've seen you fight and you're good.
Accept my Offer, and you'll take home a quarter million C-Bills. And the last time I checked, that's a hell of a lot better than slinking off with a goose egg and a pair of dead MechWarriors.
I've made you a fair offer, Commander. For the good of every Davion merchant in the Rimward Periphery, you need to take Mencius Horvat down.
I don't know when we're going to get another opportunity like this.
Then you should’ve sweetened the pot. A quarter of Horvat’s offer and House Davion’s ambiguous ‘gratitude’?
[Flashpoint Decision: Attempt to win over Horvat by beating him at his own game.] I appreciate the offer, but House Davion doesn't have us on retainer. We're mercenaries, and we go where the money is.

Nah.
It’s our mistake to make. Now I’d suggest that you clear the line, Agent Jones.
Wouldn’t wanna risk Horvat catching you on that mic.
No, I wouldn't.
You're playing a dangerous game, Commander. I hope it doesn't wind up biting you.

Mission 19: Tournament of Champions II (Flashpoint, Commentary)

Rewards: 0 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 BJ-1 Blackjack part

Our friendship doesn’t come cheap, Professor.
Nothing worth having does. Thankfully, I am a man of abundant resources. Accept my friendship, and you will receive the million C-Bills you were promised. And you will also take an UrbanMech from my stable, Of course! It wouldn't be a proper victory without a memento of your triumph.
drat. That’s even more than he gave Calamar Gigante.
Please tell me it’s the rare R63 variant, with a snub-nose PPC? I’d commit murder for a Snub-nose PPC.
Gigante is but one man. You are an entire company of mercenaries.
I count only the best of the best among my friends, and they deserve the best. Let no one say that Professor Mencius Horvat undervalues his allies.
In that case, let's be pals.

Well, we're pirates now. Or at least, pirate-adjacent.
That’s the plan.
It feels a little liberating, honestly. You don't have to worry so much about who thinks what of whom when everyone hates you.
Don't be dramatic, Yang. I'm sure that our reputation with the Great Houses didn't take that big a hit.
The nice thing about the successor states: they have a long memory for grudges, but if what you’re doing is clearly just business they tend to forget about you pretty quickly.

Flashpoint Rewards

Training Results:
Behemoth: Guts +1 (Guts 8) [Coolant Vent]

PTN’s note: Sorry about the short update this week, I’m still recovering and just didn’t have much commentary in me.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 2, 2021

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Urbie on Urbie violence is no joke.

Edit: I posted that before seeing part 2. I stand by my previous comment

Also this update features the most evasive building in the Inner Sphere.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 2, 2021

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

What are the rules of this tourney of yours? Are there drop weight restrictions? Tonnage requirements?

I think you added the wrong portrait to this line by the way. I don't think it's Horvat who is meant to say it.
You messed up a couple of the portraits in the Jackhammer conversation too.

quote:

You don't want to get in bed with Horvat. Even if you manage to beat him, it's a bad deal.
Working with pirates is a surefire way to get on the bad side Of every Great House in the Inner Sphere. Seriously, you'll wind up on everybody's poo poo list if you go through with this.

And I guess you weren't meant to come to this one this early considering Farah has lines.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The campaign locks you out of flashpoints until you complete the campaign entirely. I moved the trigger for that up to 'free the Argo' because that's when the map opens up enough that you might be able to do one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HBS just GETS Battletech

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I love Professor Horvat. That dude is just larger than life and loving this poo poo. I must confess, however, that I find the "side with Horvat" route to be a bit of a wet fart. Two Urbies against two Urbies against a Blackjack? At least the prize is nice.

As for the Orion that lead the update, two LBX-5s and an SRM6 seems a bit light on firepower, but I guess it's good enough and it has a shitload of armor, so there you go.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's a "good enough for now."

Right now I'm prioritizing range, since I'm saddled with the Spider and haven't graduated out of the other starters.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
This is a fun flashpoint no matter when you get to it, really. It's just so absurd and then the Urbanmech reveal is icing on the cake.

also "Alleged Man-Monster and Enforcer" should go on a business card :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think giving you a literal souvenir trash can would have been less insulting than an Urbie, given that you're normally not supposed to be able to do this until after you finish the campaign.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

This flashpoint makes me so happy. I haven't seen how this goes if you side with the Davion agent but I can't blame you in the slightest for your decisions; I love that man & coat.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

PMush Perfect posted:

I think giving you a literal souvenir trash can would have been less insulting than an Urbie, given that you're normally not supposed to be able to do this until after you finish the campaign.

Flashpoints really are a career mode thing. You can do them after the campaign, but since the campaign has scaling global difficulty you really shouldn't.

aniviron posted:

I haven't seen how this goes if you side with the Davion agent but I can't blame you in the slightest for your decisions; I love that man & coat.

You drop your full lance against Horvat in his Blackjack and Calimar Gigante in his Centurion (gasp) and a bunch of UrbanMechs. It's one of the only semi-reliable ways to trigger an UM-R63 to spawn. And then you get paid 250,000 c-bills and get the same flashpoint reward lootbox.

Edit: And you earn the 'eternal gratitude' of House Davion (+6 House Davion rep).

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 2, 2021

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It feels like that option was put in pretty much as an escape hatch for people who didn't feel confident in their Urbanmech skills, because the rewards are ??? and the penalties for going the way PTN did are nothing. In fact, the faction reward for PTN's way is a much bigger positive than it sounds. There really is a right and wrong option on this one, it seems.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 2, 2021

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Decker. Decker pls.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
He broke his spine doing what he loved.

DFAing an UrbanMech with an UrbanMech!

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Decker. Decker pls.

Couldn't hit the broad side of a large corporate skyscraper the size of a city block :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

fennesz posted:

Couldn't hit the broad side of a large corporate skyscraper the size of a city block :v:
At least he avoided whiffing a DFA. That's always the funniest and most stupid poo poo in the world.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That DFA only had about a 30% chance of securing that kill, which is why I did it.

It was going to be funny either way.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

He broke his spine doing what he loved.

DFAing an UrbanMech with an UrbanMech!

What's the monthly on medical insurance for the company? :haw:

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm still trying to figure out how you miss a building, twice.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

dervinosdoom posted:

I'm still trying to figure out how you miss a building, twice.

Am I the only one who noticed that it said "Bluth Industries" on the side of the building? It's obviously a model building and they hit a non-load bearing part of it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

seaborgium posted:

Am I the only one who noticed that it said "Bluth Industries" on the side of the building? It's obviously a model building and they hit a non-load bearing part of it.

The Bluth Corporation is an important manufacturer of industrial mechs, like the Buster. What are you implying, huh?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

It feels like that option was put in pretty much as an escape hatch for people who didn't feel confident in their Urbanmech skills, because the rewards are ??? and the penalties for going the way PTN did are nothing. In fact, the faction reward for PTN's way is a much bigger positive than it sounds. There really is a right and wrong option on this one, it seems.

yeah i continually bounce off this game but i know enough of it to be able to evaluate builds and ideas, and when i saw +6 for local pirates my eyes bugged out. that is absolutely gigantic.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

The Bluth Corporation is an important manufacturer of industrial mechs, like the Buster. What are you implying, huh?

Mechs are to be neither seen, nor heard. Especially the Buster. :banjo:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

I'm saying it's a model building, to show off their prowess and what people can expect if they buy a building from them. Of course model buildings are built slightly differently than what people buy, so they hit a part that was for decoration or demonstration and wasn't load bearing. I didn't accuse them of treason or anything.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Decker and Medusa just didn't want to be responsible for killing all of those office chairs.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmao dekker

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

seaborgium posted:

I'm saying it's a model building, to show off their prowess and what people can expect if they buy a building from them. Of course model buildings are built slightly differently than what people buy, so they hit a part that was for decoration or demonstration and wasn't load bearing. I didn't accuse them of treason or anything.

Well good, because if you cross them, you're gonna find a GaussBuster plugged into your house and also aiming at your house.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Flashpoints really are a career mode thing. You can do them after the campaign, but since the campaign has scaling global difficulty you really shouldn't.

You drop your full lance against Horvat in his Blackjack and Calimar Gigante in his Centurion (gasp) and a bunch of UrbanMechs. It's one of the only semi-reliable ways to trigger an UM-R63 to spawn. And then you get paid 250,000 c-bills and get the same flashpoint reward lootbox.

Edit: And you earn the 'eternal gratitude' of House Davion (+6 House Davion rep).

I am so glad I have never, ever picked the House Davion offer. Nothing beats that glorious mission or the aftermath.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Well good, because if you cross them, you're gonna find a GaussBuster plugged into your house and also aiming at your house.

As long as I don't have to use their cornballer, that's still banned by the Ares Conventions.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

seaborgium posted:

"Bluth Industries"

I think I can divine the building misses now. Someone in the merc company has post "The Land Before Time" traumatic experiences.

Littlefoot is LosTech.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
God, I am loving the Equipment Equalizer mod. It just opens up so many builds. I have been experimenting a lot this run with 'Mechs I would normally never touch, like the Battlemaster or the Jagermech. I haven't even touched my usual norm of Marauder/Archer/Cyclops/Annihilator/Firestarter, plus I no longer feel the need to kit my entire force out with +Hit Defense Gyros and Armored Cockpits, in stead going for Energy Resist for my brawlers, Missile Resist for my long range units, and TSM for my Punchmechs, plus whatever component works best with those setups.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm glad you've been enjoying it! It sounds like it's doing exactly what I wanted.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hope you are doing ok recently PTN, and that whatever food poisoning was going on didn't drag you down too badly.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
BattleTech: Restoration Campaign – Episode 6: Tanks for the Memories

More arm mods for the Spider.

Mission 20: Joint Operation (Battle, No Commentary)

Rewards: 636,900 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 COM-2D Commando part, 1 JVN-10A Javelin part, 1 LCT-1V Locust part (‘Mech completed), 1 PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk part, 1 VL-5T Vulcan part

We didn’t have them before, so we finish off the Orion’s customization with some heavy Jump Jets.

This one’s a travel contract, so before we hit our destination—
Did I just see Glitch running down the halls shouting ‘Payday, woo!’
Probably. I sold our newest Locust, by the way.

Mission 21: Take the Bait (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 258,650 c-bills
Reputation: Capellan Confederation +6, Magistracy of Canopus -5
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 COR-5T Corsair part ( :( ), 2 CRB-20 Crab parts, 1 GRF-1N Griffin part, 1 JVN-10A Javelin part, 1 LCT-1M Locust part

Mission 22: Spoiler (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 262,500 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 3 MAD-3D Marauder parts (‘Mech completed), 1 FS9-H Firestarter part, 1 JVN-10A Javelin part (‘Mech completed)

The MAD-3D exchanges the Marauder's Autocannon for an all-energy loadout, thus sidestepping the risk of ammunition explosions. It also packs on extra heatsinks to help offset the increased heat generation.
:getin:
The Javelin—
Will be sold later without regret.

Training Results
Five Aces: +1 piloting (Piloting 8) [Ace Pilot] (I usually prefer to have a master tactician, but now Johnny’s claims of being an ace pilot aren’t a bold lie)

Mission 23: Gone to Ground (Battle, No Commentary)

Rewards: 63,100 c-bills
Reputation: Magistracy of Canopus +4, Capellan Confederation -3
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 FLE-4 Flea part, 1 JVN-10A Javelin part, 1 JR7-D Jenner part (‘Mech completed), 1 LCT-1E Locust part

Mission 24: Settling a Grudge (Battle, No Commentary)

Rewards: 329,700 c-bills
Reputation: Magistracy of Canopus +8, Capellan Confederation -6
Noteworthy Salvage: 2 GRF-1N Griffin parts (‘Mech completed), 1 WVR-6K Wolverine part, 1 ASN-101 Assassin part, 1 CDA-3C Cicada part, 1 SRM6++ (+4 dmg)

Griffin 1Ns use their Jump Jets to stay at range and pelt their opponents from relative safety. 1Ns can run hot if they spend all their time bounding around the battlefield taking potshots, though.
Good ‘Mech. The Shadow Hawk got a little damaged so I’m sending the Centurion to storage so we can kit out the Griffin. As soon as the Shadow Hawk’s structure repairs are done we’ll dump it into storage to free up its launchers.

Classic Griffin.
What part of that monstrosity is classic?
Classic pirate Griffin.
Time for another travel contract.

Hmm, yes, I see. I see.
Are we ever going to help Kamea?

Eh-hehehe! Hahahahaha!
… Nevermind.

Darius, am I smiling?
No?
poo poo. I think my face just broke. Do you know what time it is?
2:23 PM?
Time for some gratuitous contracts so we can afford all this poo poo!
How is that any different than last week?

Mission 25: One Man's Art (Recovery, Commentary)

Rewards: 99,645 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 FLE-15 Flea part, 1 JVN-10A Javelin part, 1 LCT-1E Locust part (‘Mech completed), 1 LCT-1M Locust part, 1 WLF-1 Wolfhound part, 3 WLF-1A Wolfhound parts (‘Mech completed)

The WLF-1A—
Is functionally identical to the WLF-1 except the ones the enemy fields have one fewer medium laser.
Do I even need to mention the Locust?
No. Anyway, Dekker got injured so I’m hiring this guy to fill a chair.

Mission 26: He Does His Own Stunts (Assassinate, Commentary)

Rewards: 371,250 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 ASN-21 Assassin part, 1 COM-1B Commando part (‘Mech completed), 1 JVN-1A Javelin part (‘Mech completed), 1 FLE-4 Flea part

Mission 27: Flyswatter (Assassinate, No Commentary)

Rewards: 296,520 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 2 BJ-1 Blackjack parts (‘Mech completed), 1 GRF-1N Griffin part, 1 HBK-4G Hunchback part, 1 RFL-3C Rifleman part, 1 JVN-10A Javelin part, 1 LCT-1M Locust part (‘Mech completed)

Boss, we really got hammered in that last mission. We need some time for repairs—
And refits!
Fortunately, we’ll have plenty of time for both.

Training Results
Behemoth: Guts +1 (Guts 9) -30 overheat threshold
Five Aces: Tactics +1 (Tactics 8) -90m minimum range (his LB-5Xes now have no downsides)

Pulled the Centurion back out of storage because it’s nice to have a solid backup with a hole puncher. The Spider also traded a small laser for an ER Small Laser.

Mission 28: Weakest Link (Assassinate, Commentary)

Rewards: 328,125 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 CTF-0X Cataphract part ( :( ), 1 WVR-6K part, 1 SRM-6+ (+2 dmg)

Training Results
Glitch: Tactics +1 (Tactics 9) [Called Shot Mastery]
Dekker: Tactics +1 (Tactics 9) [Called Shot Mastery]

Mission 29: Raiding Party (Battle, No Commentary)

Rewards: 268,100 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 CHP-1N2 Champion part, 1 GRF-1N Griffin part (‘Mech completed), 1 TBT-5N Trebuchet part

Training Results
Five Aces: Tactics +1 (Tactics 9) [Called Shot Mastery]

Wait, we have how many jump jets in stock?
Ninety-four.
gently caress me. Sell seventy-four of them. That should net us something in the ballpark of 227,328 c-bills. And buy those Large Pulse Lasers, I really want those.
While we’re at it, sell both of our Blackjack -1s for 716,800 c-bills, the Commando 1B for 215,040 c-bills, the Javelin -10A for 256,000 c-bills, the Jenner for 337,920 c-bills, the Locust -1E for 184,320 c-bills, the Locust -1M for 174,080 c-bills, and the Wolfhound -1A for 286,720 c-bills.
That leaves us with 7,938,632 c-bills.
… What.
:haw:

Well, that was fun. Let’s go help Kamea—

Waaaait a sec.

Why the gently caress is Kamea leasing tanks to the Directorate?
That’s gotta be a typo, I’ve gotta see what’s up.

Mission 30: Repossession (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 285,740 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 FS9-H Firestarter part, 2 Autocannon/20s

She rented tanks to the Directorate.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 8, 2021

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

Friends don't let friends do sarcasm.

quote:

I, uh... How the gently caress? Is this just the result of random mission generation? 'cause if so, it's absolutely loving hilarious.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gotta pay the bills somehow! :haw:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah, totally a random draw.

I think I uploaded mission 29 twice, fixing now.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Well I mean TECHNICALLY right now she is dead as far as the public knows? Gotta drum up that intelligence/contacts/c-bills somehow.

Also at least you know it was only a demolisher and not a demolisher II

Though via timeline the Demolisher II doesn't exist yet, so the player's luck out

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Did you end up buying the Gauss Rifle and stuff? Also did some random store just come with like super lost technology??