Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

RickRogers posted:

You are projecting and you know it

What is remotely wrong about hating the british

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I think we can all agree that the worst group of people are the English and it's your duty as a citizen of this planet to support Irish Reunification and Scottish Independence.
Also Wales and uh, Cornwall for good measure? If we're finally decolonizing, it should be done right.

...are there any Cornish nationalism memes?

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
When you really think about it, jokes about stereotypes are memes, but debating and arguing about them is not a meme.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Is that Joe Bereta?

Also who doesn’t know Sean Astin primarily from Goonies or Rudy even though Goonies sucks

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

freeedr posted:

Is that Joe Bereta?

I do not know, but one of the comments on that Imgur post said "upvote for Joe", so maybe yes? :shrug:

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Milo and POTUS posted:

What is remotely wrong about hating the british

It is a good and noble thing, but you have to admit to hating yourself first.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

gloom posted:

Also Wales and uh, Cornwall for good measure? If we're finally decolonizing, it should be done right.

...are there any Cornish nationalism memes?

You forgot Devon, Somerset and Northumbria. Oh, and free the isle of white!

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

RickRogers posted:

You forgot Devon, Somerset and Northumbria. Oh, and free the isle of white!

East Anglia will be free to conduct our blasphemous worship of the fen gods or by Boudicca's corpse we will sail up the rivers and sack Westminster

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Make fun of Europe all you like, but don't be so god drat lazy, it's a bad look for someone from an imperial country where most people are monolingual, half of them voted to elect someone with 0 redeeming qualities (twice!), and a good deal wouldn't be able to find their own rear end on a map.

calm down, Leopold

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
besides, Millard Fillmore was only elected to one term

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
But have you considered

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

calm down, Leopold

Hands off!

Emanxcipation

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I also think we should never bring up the atrocities our people did. It's just so lazy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mario is volcel

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

Mario is volcel

From the forums that went to such great length to unearth Super Hornio Bros

smdh

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Cocaine Bear posted:

I also think we should never bring up the atrocities our people did. It's just so lazy.

The King Leopold defener has logged on.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Ever felt like the cops aren't going to help you or that they might steamroll or kill you because you're italian?

I'm Italian-Canadian and one time my Dad told me that in the '50s his uncles used to go out to public parks to play basketball in their dress pants and white tank tops, and people would call the cops on them all the time. I thought, "That's hilarious," and briefly considered getting some dress pants and going outside to play basketball.

Can we make fun of the Dutch next?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mister Speaker posted:

Sure thing Nigel

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i suppose deep down i always knew that PYF was the most racist forum

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Stereotypes about Europeans may not be racist but they're hella dumb and uncreative. Like, I can hardly say anywhere around here I'm from Belgium and some genius in the next 10 posts will bring up colonial atrocities in the Congo. Make fun of Europe all you like, but don't be so god drat lazy, it's a bad look for someone from an imperial country where most people are monolingual, half of them voted to elect someone with 0 redeeming qualities (twice!), and a good deal wouldn't be able to find their own rear end on a map.

It's the middle class version of exotic embellishment for a nation that barely has 350 years of history.

I’ve met my rubber quota and you’re glue.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I keep thinking belgium is the country where they put mayo on everything but I think that might be a different country.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i suppose deep down i always knew that PYF was the most racist forum

second only to coupons

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

pseudorandom posted:

White people making the "I acknowledge your presence" face

I'm so lost in public because this face doesn't work when you have a mask on.

Mister Speaker posted:

I also happen to be half-Dutch and I'll allow it. Zwarte Piet, am I right, y'all?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to eat a pizza

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

RickRogers posted:

You are projecting and you know it

No no no, he's got a point

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Ever felt like you're in danger of getting your rear end kicked or killed in a normal-rear end spot just because you stick out for being obviously italian? Ever felt like the cops aren't going to help you or that they might steamroll or kill you because you're italian? Ever been denied service at a restaurant or medical care at a hospital because you're italian? No? Then shut the gently caress up

My 2 cents is that as someone who is mixed race (at least depending on who you ask), I don't like 'play racism' against the white half of my heritage because I've gotten actual racism against the asian/native part.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Erebus posted:

the show you watch when Lexx is too highbrow for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ZRSwul7cE

that lovely remix is :discourse:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:gas:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZK4WKzNkEU

This cat never met an Italian he liked.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

some plague rats posted:

I'm going to eat a pizza

Even better, I took a nap.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

Even better, I took a nap.

Oh drat, alright, check this out: I'm going to drive a tiny lovely car very fast through some narrow roads on the way to drink coffee all day with some awful fat men

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

some plague rats posted:

Oh drat, alright, check this out: I'm going to drive a tiny lovely car very fast through some narrow roads on the way to drink coffee all day with some awful fat men

but how is the coffee?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Stereotypes about Europeans may not be racist but they're hella dumb and uncreative. Like, I can hardly say anywhere around here I'm from Belgium and some genius in the next 10 posts will bring up colonial atrocities in the Congo. Make fun of Europe all you like, but don't be so god drat lazy, it's a bad look for someone from an imperial country where most people are monolingual, half of them voted to elect someone with 0 redeeming qualities (twice!), and a good deal wouldn't be able to find their own rear end on a map.

It's the middle class version of exotic embellishment for a nation that barely has 350 years of history.

"Don't you dare stereotype me, if anything, I should be stereotyping you"

Why don't you go solve some mysteries on a train about it

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Hard to catch someone red-handed if they don't have any hands there boss.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the punchline is that one group of people thought another group of people were lesser, and perpetuated enormous abuses against them

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Belgium is the FYROM of the Low Countries.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Remind me again which nationality turned a holiday celebrating a genocidal piece of poo poo into their cultural pride day?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Remind me again which nationality turned a holiday celebrating a genocidal piece of poo poo into their cultural pride day?

Mind narrowing it down a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Mind narrowing it down a bit?
:hmmyes: