Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVPjbLRdOCY

Looks like Pro is playable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Imhotep posted:

ADP rules and I had a similar experience playing SotFS, but much earlier in the game, to the point that I felt like I genuinely couldn't do it because I had died more to like The Pursuer and some other boss more than I had died to any of the Bloodborne or DS3 bosses.. but then I leveled up ADP a few times and suddenly I felt like I could just sort of lazily roll through every attack.

I ended up with 26 ADP, and tried to stay below 50% encumbrance. VIT is a dump stat!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bump for the new page

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

So much fun.

"No!"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Which one of you is invader stalking VG this morning, show yourself coward!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

loopsheloop posted:

Can somebody help me out with this Witness puzzle? (swamp area)

I feel like I've got the shape right, but no clue how to make it work. Any hints would be appreciated!!

Edit: got it immediately after posting lol what an idiot

Feels good that I remembered the solution to this even after years since playing

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

fridge corn posted:

What do I need to get the hirata 2 bell? I've been doing all the dialogue and eavesdropping that's presented itself but I haven't gotten a second bell yet

Before you go to the fountainhead palace (if you’re there already just stop and come back) go to kuro’s place and basically exhaust all the dialogue, check for eavesdropping, keep resting to refresh the place. You should hear kuro in an evesdrop say something like he’s hiding something. Emma should also move to the top of the stairs (where the entrance from the genichiro/owl fight is down to kuro’s room) and go talk to her there. Keep bouncing between them, resting. When she asks you to choose what to do about kuro, say you’ll find a way to spare him (something like that). At one point she will say something about checking an old grave. Go meet her at the old grave idol by the graves and talk to her. I think she then moves to the dilapidated temple. Maybe you’ve already done all this stuff, if she is already there standing by the sculptor. Go behind the temple and eavesdrop on them, then ask her about it and keep pestering her until she gives you the bell.

That all sounds right. It honestly takes like 3 minutes to do. At this point you might just refer to this to be sure:

https://sekiroshadowsdietwice.wiki.fextralife.com/Endings
And go to the purification (alternate ending) entry.

Once you get in, you’ll recognize where you start and I’d recommend running backwards to the idol right after the place where we fought that spear guy by the stairway up to the doorway. So you can save your game at that idol right there. Then start progressing the estate from where it started you. It’s a very short level overall. There is a lone sword and the drunkard who give you each a prayer bead.

The lone sword isn’t bad if you just keep on him really intensely so he doesn’t call his dogs. If he does just shoot a gouging top at them all while you kite him and get back on him. Use high monk every time he does his overhead slam, he will immediately follow up with a perilous swipe. So sidestep the slam and press the high monk buttons right after. You’ll just wreck his posture. Keep doing that every time he does that and otherwise just keep on him regular style and he won’t last long.

The drunkard.. I think you can use shinobi puppeteer power on at least two or three purple ninjas that are on the roof in the area before him and maybe they’ll fight for you. You can keep puppets alive by re-back stabbing them over and over every bit. I didn’t actually do that or try it. I killed everyone, aggro’d him and then ran way away so he reset then stealthed the first death blow, and then finished him off by carefully fighting him. It’s easy to hit and run and set him on fire. He’s slow as poo poo.

You don’t have to kill owl2 for a bead, just an attack memory, and a thing for that particular ending. I’m going to come back to kill him later. It’s real good to have all the prayer necklaces possible before true monk and fountainhead palace.

It’s also a good place for farming once you’re past lone sword. You can basically farm 3000 points from all the giants and ninjas you can sneak on right from the idol you get to. It’s kind of absurd. But fountainhead has far better farming.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cool stuff, thanks rasputin

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Feels good that I remembered the solution to this even after years since playing

I got the same feeling, but I reckon some of the more complex multi-element panels would throw me for a loop at first. I sometimes feel like going back and playing it again but it's not the same when I know that I already know the solutions to these puzzles. It would just be breezing through the basics then pottering around until I've remembered what I already know.

I suppose there's always the Challenge.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Regy Rusty posted:

Which one of you is invader stalking VG this morning, show yourself coward!

It wasn't much fun at first but dropping the shields and using chameleon was inspired.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

TheDarkFlame posted:

I got the same feeling, but I reckon some of the more complex multi-element panels would throw me for a loop at first. I sometimes feel like going back and playing it again but it's not the same when I know that I already know the solutions to these puzzles. It would just be breezing through the basics then pottering around until I've remembered what I already know.

I suppose there's always the Challenge.

Do the ship puzzle :troll:

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Oh gently caress yeah doing that once was one time too many, I spent so much time focussing on that one bit and I'm still not entirely sure I solved it so much as just opened it by futzing with the lock until it fell open out of pity.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oscar Wild posted:

It wasn't much fun at first but dropping the shields and using chameleon was inspired.

They're a very creative invader and VG's having a blast. I just wanna know who it is!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Regy Rusty posted:

They're a very creative invader and VG's having a blast. I just wanna know who it is!

Incredible, ivory king first time. Just incredible.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
that ivory king fight holy poo poo congrats VG

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Someone needs to buy them an account if they're not already a goon

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Okay I probably won't play Uncharted 4 for a while but 3 is best in the series so far, I know the series is one big Indiana Jones homage and despite this being the first Uncharted with no nazis in it it had heavy Last Crusade vibes, extremely good stuff. It is kind of overt how abruptly Cutter and Chloe drop out of the story but they come up with a plausible enough reason anyway. I also could've sworn the villain had some weird mystical properties because of how often he vanishes and immediately recovers from injuries and how much the game lampshades it so its kinda funny that this is the first game in the series where their isn't some kind of mystical supernatural twist, he's just a tough guy who constantly doses you with hallucinogens. I also prefer the glorified cutscene endboss vs. the terrible endboss arena of UC2.

I suspect that there is little in the way of series replayability because so much of it is just watching the fun adventure movie play out (a reason I never buy games like this) but it's a good time. Maybe in a couple years I'll play through it on hard as Doughnut Drake and actually find all the relics or something, that could be a good for a laugh.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

4 is OK, Lost Legacy was better. I don't think I ever replayed a full Uncharted game but I played bits of 2 again, that was great.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Oscar Wild posted:

Incredible, ivory king first time. Just incredible.

:eyepop:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Uncharted 4 is fantastic if you're willing to indulge its absolutely massive excess. This is a game with like 4 actual prologues before you do hardly any actual Uncharted Stuff

I know 3 established the precedent but 4 really was like "okay this game is going to be like 12 movies in a row"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Uncharted 4 rules as an action movie.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Realistically, Naughty Dog's next game should be a new IP. I will lose my poo poo (in a good way) though if they announce another Uncharted game. No matter what it ends up being, it will end of being a system seller.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Firstly Oscar thank you for all those kind words earlier. I only just saw them but you were correct and I needed to believe in myself. Also I had a feeling they were playing with my timing in the DLC so it is nice to have it confirmed.

Secondly. I BEAT DARK SOULS II!!!!!!! :D :D

I am over the moon right now. Just so jolly and happy and accomplished! All I set out to do this morning I did!!

Aava!
Sir Alonne!
Royal rat authority!
Dark lurker!
DLC3!
And the final bosses!!

Goodness! It was an utter blast! Took me entirely 52 hours and 23 minutes to do everything!!

There were some really hairy moments. Like the darklurkers ganging up and me slamming them both at the same time and having almost no health!

I got repeatedly invaded by someone called TheCoolSmelt who made it so funny by switching up their armour and tactics every time. When they were hiding as boxes and ice blocks and zooming around chasing me I could not stop laughing.

Also turns out he was watching my stream the whole time and made himself known at the end.

I did the Ivory king first time which made everyone go :O

I got two channeler tridents in a row from dropping stuff into nests!

I ate all my Boss souls and gave them each a eulogy.

Most importantly I beat the game!!!!!!!!!

This means Tuesday I start Dark Souls 3!

Thank you SO much for Nekodraga and Esco for joining me in the scholar boss. I love summoning you guys into the game. It feels like so much fun.

I am on cloud 9!!

:D

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

It was an excellent sesh veeg

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Lost Legacy is a more focused version of Uncharted 4. I think it is overall the better game.

Uncharted 4 also suffers from development troubles that affected the game's scope and meant sweeping changes to the story (right after the original teaser was released) after Amy Hennig left.

BisterdDave posted:

Realistically, Naughty Dog's next game should be a new IP. I will lose my poo poo (in a good way) though if they announce another Uncharted game. No matter what it ends up being, it will end of being a system seller.

The rumors are that it is a new sci-fi property of some sort - and reports are conflicted on it being an FPS or not.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dark Souls, is good

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

ErrEff posted:

The rumors are that it is a new sci-fi property of some sort - and reports are conflicted on it being an FPS or not.

I do remember hearing a rumor or two a few years back about their next IP taking place in space. After playing through the Museum level in TLoU2, I am still 99% sure there is a tease for whatever the IP may be in that level. Something in that space section towards the end, not sure what though.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

I think I killed it. Are there any 3rd party wireless controllers of reasonable build quality, preferably, as a matter of principal, ones that aren't grossly overengineered on the inside? (I know, I know, ask a stupid question, but a man can dream).

Can't speak to the innards, but I picked up a wireless Nacon (I think an earlier one, has no back paddles) and it's great. I'm not sure if it's the offset sticks or what, but it is light years better for looking around/movement in Subnautica than the standard DS4.

The downside to any third party controller is that IIRC Sony prohibits any manufacturer from allowing their controllers to wake the PS4 from sleep. So when I want to turn my PS4 on from the couch, I hit the PS button on my DS4 (kept on the table for pretty much solely this reason), hit the one on my Nacon, pick the DS4 back up and hit X, do the same with the Nacon.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Firstly Oscar thank you for all those kind words earlier. I only just saw them but you were correct and I needed to believe in myself. Also I had a feeling they were playing with my timing in the DLC so it is nice to have it confirmed.

Secondly. I BEAT DARK SOULS II!!!!!!! :D :D

I am over the moon right now. Just so jolly and happy and accomplished! All I set out to do this morning I did!!

Aava!
Sir Alonne!
Royal rat authority!
Dark lurker!
DLC3!
And the final bosses!!

Goodness! It was an utter blast! Took me entirely 52 hours and 23 minutes to do everything!!

There were some really hairy moments. Like the darklurkers ganging up and me slamming them both at the same time and having almost no health!

I got repeatedly invaded by someone called TheCoolSmelt who made it so funny by switching up their armour and tactics every time. When they were hiding as boxes and ice blocks and zooming around chasing me I could not stop laughing.

Also turns out he was watching my stream the whole time and made himself known at the end.

I did the Ivory king first time which made everyone go :O

I got two channeler tridents in a row from dropping stuff into nests!

I ate all my Boss souls and gave them each a eulogy.

Most importantly I beat the game!!!!!!!!!

Thank you SO much for Nekodraga and Esco for joining me in the scholar boss. I love summoning you guys into the game. It feels like so much fun.

I am on cloud 9!!

:D

Also VG you really had such a magnificent set of fights today, with 3 in particular exemplifying 3 of the most satisfying Dark Souls archetypes:

First Aava - the grueling long term grind that you just KNOW you can get. A long time coming but once you finally master it the final fight is pulled off magnificently.
Then Ivory King - the bombastic challenge with panic and flailing that still manages to all come together and be cleared on the first attempt.
And finally Darklurker - the seemingly impossible fight, returned to for a final few attempts culminating in a near miraculous victory just on the edge of death.

Glad I got to witness all of these moments. Congratulations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

boop the snoot posted:

Uncharted 4 rules as an action movie.

It's at least 3 action movies.

It's the Snyder Cut of third person adventure games (or maybe that's TLOU2)

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Regy Rusty posted:

Then Ivory King - the bombastic challenge with panic and flailing that still manages to all come together and be cleared on the first attempt.

oh dear.
oh dear.
OH dear.

oh dear oh dear oh dear.

OH DEAR.

oh dear.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wait, you can beat The Ivory King in one try???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You don't even need to fight him, if you save/quit just before the boss arena and set your system clock forward by a week he dies of a broken heart

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ErrEff posted:

Naughty Dog has been on again/off again about Savage Starlight for years now, and after TLoU I kind of hope that they're going to do that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

oh shiiit

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay I probably won't play Uncharted 4 for a while but 3 is best in the series so far, I know the series is one big Indiana Jones homage and despite this being the first Uncharted with no nazis in it it had heavy Last Crusade vibes, extremely good stuff. It is kind of overt how abruptly Cutter and Chloe drop out of the story but they come up with a plausible enough reason anyway. I also could've sworn the villain had some weird mystical properties because of how often he vanishes and immediately recovers from injuries and how much the game lampshades it so its kinda funny that this is the first game in the series where their isn't some kind of mystical supernatural twist, he's just a tough guy who constantly doses you with hallucinogens. I also prefer the glorified cutscene endboss vs. the terrible endboss arena of UC2.

I suspect that there is little in the way of series replayability because so much of it is just watching the fun adventure movie play out (a reason I never buy games like this) but it's a good time. Maybe in a couple years I'll play through it on hard as Doughnut Drake and actually find all the relics or something, that could be a good for a laugh.

Yeah, UC3 is great ride, I loved it. I wish the Ubar chapter had been a bit more involved, but the ship graveyeard, cruise ship, airplane, desert sections are incredible. I also love that it had the balls to undermine the legitimacy of the protagonist and do something more intertesting with his character. 4 is good (and from a technical standpoint incredible as always), but it retcons most of that and you have to wait until 2LOU to play another ND game that experiments with the idea they started working on in UC3. Lost Legacy is a fun ride, sort of a 'greatest hits' romp that doesn't overstay its welcome, with great melee sections that feel like a precursor to 2LOU, but the chemistry between Nadine and Chloe just isn't there, overall the story formula in LL feels tired as hell but the setpieces are great. I'm glad the series is over, and it should stay over, but each entry brings something cool to the table.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

oh dear.
oh dear.
OH dear.

oh dear oh dear oh dear.

OH DEAR.

oh dear.

Okay

Okay

Okay okay

Okay

Okay

Ookay

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

fridge corn posted:

Okay

Okay

Okay okay

Okay

Okay

Ookay

No, no, no....nononono

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Had some attempts at [sekiro] True Corrupted Monk before bed tonight and never a great idea to play these games when tired but, he seems fairly straightforward but with three health bars it is a battle of attrition and I'm generally spent when i get to his last phase. Really annoying but I guess I'm just tired. Maybe feeling a little burnt out on it atm too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I went and clipped the Darklurker victory if you want to see pure joy and relief incarnate:

https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenPlainOwlPMSTwin-n3FLlEpHtbnkEfuI