Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

cefin key

that’s gonna be your nxt name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
If you like Attitude Era pod, you’ll probably also enjoy The New Generation Podcast Project, which is the same idea, but from when Hogan leaves to The Tyson Mania.

Your mileage may vary on it, but I like The Lapsed Fan. They can be too into their own Schtick sometimes but the depth of the stuff they cover is pretty exhaustive.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Conrad_Birdie posted:

If you like Attitude Era pod, you’ll probably also enjoy The New Generation Podcast Project, which is the same idea, but from when Hogan leaves to The Tyson Mania.

Your mileage may vary on it, but I like The Lapsed Fan. They can be too into their own Schtick sometimes but the depth of the stuff they cover is pretty exhaustive.

I did listen to Lapsed Fan's World Class episodes and enjoyed it, but also made use of the skip forward button when they laid on the schtick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The only halfway decent podcast reviewing old wrestling is The Bad Wrestling Podcast.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

CVagts posted:

I did listen to Lapsed Fan's World Class episodes and enjoyed it, but also made use of the skip forward button when they laid on the schtick.
Lapsed Fan is a very frustrating podcast because Jack does such a great job with his research and JP...is JP. I'd like to listen to it more, but I usually can't deal with it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The only halfway decent podcast reviewing old wrestling is The Bad Wrestling Podcast.

This is only true because Monumental Podcast has not found the third poop feud.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Incessant Excess posted:

Bryan's argument with Lance about the Rosa/Baker match was painful to listen to.
I super agree with everything Lance said, as I almost always do, and Bryan's "but it was good, actually" gave me douche chills because it just reminds me of every time I defended a product I like when it had done something terrible.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

davidbix posted:

Lapsed Fan is a very frustrating podcast because Jack does such a great job with his research and JP...is JP. I'd like to listen to it more, but I usually can't deal with it.

But when JP hits, he hits. His extended bit as Hogan backstage at Summerslam
2005 is probably one of the hardest times I’ve ever laughed at a podcast. Like, I had to stop what I was doing because I was laughing so much it HURT.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bryan Alfarez

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Angry_Ed posted:

Bryan Alfarez

He would have less complaints about his cats

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What the gently caress
I’ve never met or heard of a kefin either and I live in the North where people are way more likely to go full D̸̖e̹a͉̱̠̖͙͍r̢͇̺̥͎̣̟b̝̘̟̬̰͠h̳̦͘f͔̭h͟o͈r̨g̤̤̝̥̣̣ḩa̺͎̜i͎̫̞̲͎̙̮l͕l̲̙͕̪̖̫͓͜ with names

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This weeks AEW v NXT review had an interesting winner:

Bandido v Flamita v Rey Horus from the ROH 19th Anniversary Show.

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1375634129509842944

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

This weeks AEW v NXT review had an interesting winner:

Bandido v Flamita v Rey Horus from the ROH 19th Anniversary Show.

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1375634129509842944

whoa I gotta check this out

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JR on his podcast said he’s pissed the booth multiple times. Man is a legend.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lapsed Fan is basically a wrestling filibuster.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

JR on his podcast said he’s pissed the booth multiple times. Man is a legend.

There was a running joke on UFC PPVs where Joe Rogan would make little comments whenever Mike Goldberg left the booth to pee and Joe was on his own.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I don't listen to Between the Sheets often enough to keep in the front of my brain that Rob Bihari has really dumb real life takes, just often enough to be reminded like once a year.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that’s gonna be your nxt name

lol

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Punch McLightning posted:

I don't listen to Between the Sheets often enough to keep in the front of my brain that Rob Bihari has really dumb real life takes, just often enough to be reminded like once a year.

I used to post on DVDVR and Rob was active on the board.

He was annoying and dumb then, too.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Battel of the Empire review was great, Lance trying to get them to be their best wrestler selves instead of junior Lances in the ring is the best way he could do the coaching. Poor Vinny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lance continually bringing up that they had completely hosed up the dynamic of big powerful face and agile little heel was great, and I really liked most of his suggestions for how to improve things like a more effective way to have used Buddy Wayne as the ref.

Also a big fan of Lance's very simplistic message at the start of pointing out there's no point to telling a wrestler they should be doing stuff they're not actually capable of doing, and instead focusing on what they CAN do and how to do it better. I mean, that seems like a no-brainer but given the WWE of the last 10-15 years.... welp. Also makes me wonder how much stuff he was suggesting (beyond what he's already revealed on Figure Four Daily) when he was working backstage there that just got ignored or dismissed by Vince being a micro-managing out-of-touch lunatic.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
they should have added train sound effects to vinnys comeback

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Lance storm referencing waluigi as an example of a cocky heel was not was I was expecting from this review

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Lance storm referencing waluigi as an example of a cocky heel was not was I was expecting from this review

There was an episode a loooong time ago where Lance was talking about getting WiiFit and how it didn't understand that BMI fails when you're a body builder, when he entered his height and weight into it, it was made his Mii super fat lol.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lone Goat posted:

There was an episode a loooong time ago where Lance was talking about getting WiiFit and how it didn't understand that BMI fails when you're a body builder, when he entered his height and weight into it, it was made his Mii super fat lol.

It's wild that I have been subscribing to this website so long that I remember this from forever ago and it's not like it's super early in the website's existence either!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
lance is the best

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Vinny’s hitting the big leagues now

https://twitter.com/fo_vverhei/status/1378562725639380995?s=21

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I think the OSW guys have finally killed me watching them with their latest video. They literally don't understand storytelling because they think movies like Godfather and Goodfellas glorify the mob.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Godfather I can kind of get the argument for, but I can't imagine seeing the final act of Goodfellas and thinking it's portraying the mob as anything but a group of backbiting scumbags.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm mostly being facetious but it comes across as super dimwitted. They even lump Raging Bull in there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Apparently during a Wall Street screening of Wolf of Wall Street, the audience cheered and high fived when Jordan's marriage broke-up and he was so low that he broke out a stash of cocaine and took a massive snort because he was incapable of dealing with the emotional devastation of his life being a total mess outside of his financial success, because as far as the audience was concerned this was Jordan "being back" :sigh:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Godamn. I knew people took the wrong thing away from things like Breaking Bad, Sopranos, and The Shield but I never exactly thought it was the majority.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

Godamn. I knew people took the wrong thing away from things like Breaking Bad, Sopranos, and The Shield but I never exactly thought it was the majority.

What's the wrong thing people took away from The Shield? That Roman and Seth are better than Mox?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pylons posted:

What's the wrong thing people took away from The Shield? That Roman and Seth are better than Mox?

that one should always rob the armenian mob of its tax free cigarette money

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that one should always rob the armenian mob of its tax free cigarette money

I still wanna know what happened to that guy that only ate unpopped popcorn and lived in an empty house.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

I still wanna know what happened to that guy that only ate unpopped popcorn and lived in an empty house.

Shot and killed by Mackey at the end of Season 3 after Mackey had word spread that an Armenian mob associate is looking to turn witness, to lure Dezerien out of whatever hole he was hiding in.

TheKingslayer posted:

I think the OSW guys have finally killed me watching them with their latest video. They literally don't understand storytelling because they think movies like Godfather and Goodfellas glorify the mob.

I've had someone legitimately argue that Waltz With Bashir glorified the IDF's actions during the Lebanon War, and was about white-washing away their complicity in the Shatila and Sabra Massacres.

People make some really borked interpretations of texts all the time. Scarface is a classic example

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 5, 2021

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Shot and killed by Mackey at the end of Season 3 after Mackey had word spread that an Armenian mob associate is looking to turn witness, to lure Dezerien out of whatever hole he was hiding in.

I've had someone legitimately argue that Waltz With Bashir glorified the IDF's actions during the Lebanon War, and was about white-washing away their complicity in the Shatila and Sabra Massacres.

People make some really borked interpretations of texts all the time. Scarface is a classic example

Whoa no poo poo? I thought that guy escaped the police van and was never seen again. I must have missed that point.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

A shame, OSW only just recently learned not to compulsively talk about tits every time they thought about a woman.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Have they stopped doing the bit that's basically an excuse to say a word that sounds like That Word but oh ho you see it's actually an ice cream treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OSW stands for Olways Sucked Wankers, so that should have clued you guys in