Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

i've got like five gems now, the rear end in a top hat won't drop a nosebone+ and i'm quite mad :tizzy:

I had the opposite experience. Nosebones and plates galore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i just want my character to look cool

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there something broken with the use the Dragonater/S. Wyvernshot objective in Rampages? I swear I've been using them, but it doesn't ever seem to count.

Same, just did the hub HR urgent and saw multiple dragonators fired but the count stayed at 0/2. We got S+ rating, so maybe it's just a display bug and it's being counted towards the final rating?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

v1ld posted:

Same, just did the hub HR urgent and saw multiple dragonators fired but the count stayed at 0/2. We got S+ rating, so maybe it's just a display bug and it's being counted towards the final rating?

I've had a similar experience - seems to count internally for your rank and rewards but you wouldn't know from the display. Weird

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

What does getting a S rank in rampage do anyway? More drops or something like that?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I've seen a lot of weirdness with rampage rank tracking. Like, "stun enemies 5/5" and then not getting the checkmark

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

What does getting a S rank in rampage do anyway? More drops or something like that?

gives my brain the good chemicals

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also for the record I saw several people in the discord say S is the highest rank but I saw the Hololive girls get an SS rank.

Semi-related but I like how every single Hololive who plays the game plays a different weapon so you can flip through like ten different streams and they're all using something different

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I just really like how the double slash perfectly took these two healer bubbles :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/o5tO3DC.mp4

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

I've had a similar experience - seems to count internally for your rank and rewards but you wouldn't know from the display. Weird

I think the "Use the Dragonator/S.Wyvernshot" objective is poorly worded and possibly a mistranslation or something. I think it's REPEL two monsters with the Dragonator or S.Wyvernshot, as I've seen the objective cleared by using the Dragonator on a group of monsters only once, but it repelled 3 or 4 of them. Simply firing them is insufficient.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Oh sweet, got two Magnamalo plates on my first time doing his hub quest, one from a shiny and one from my palico. Yayyyyy.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tekopo posted:

Getting the Nargacuga armour for Dual Blades feels pretty good, and getting evade extender/evade window/critical eye seems pretty good for how I play, but my big damage combo used to be the kunai stab silkbind, cancel into a dash to get close, then X->X->X->X+A to get as much damage as possible on the kunai. The issue with evade extender is that if I try to dash cancel the kunai stab, I now go far enough the other side that I'm out of range and facing the wrong way, which is mildly annoying.

On the other hand, the evade is now a much better gap closer and I can stick to monster like a bad tick, so I think I'm gonna keep using it for the time being. I also look like a ninja, so there's that as well.

I'm having this issue with my spacing with SnS. Evade extender also fucks with the spacing of the Lance back hop. Don't get me wrong "evade extender got too good" is a good problem to have and easy enough to remedy, but definitely takes getting used to

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

A Cup of Ramen posted:

I think you get more tickets?? Maybe??

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'm new to high rank stuff so maybe this isn't as good as I think it is, but my brain loved this.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

important news: if you gesture at the big snail it gestures back

https://i.vgy.me/G9dCWZ.mp4

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I sure do

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

The Postman posted:

I'm new to high rank stuff so maybe this isn't as good as I think it is, but my brain loved this.

in like 20 hours of play time you will be high-fiving your brain for recognizing your good fortune. those are very, very useful for some stuff you won't unlock for a bit.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

lets hang out posted:

....what? I feel like I'm dreaming looking at this

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Half of me wants to power gamer this poo poo to the max and calculated all the best skills for MAX DPS, and the other half hates the idea of running around in a clown suit and just wants to grind out a full Rathalos S set with enough decorations to get level 3 in Quick Sheath and maybe some Focus

Honestly with the fact that you can turn off certain pieces visually, it blunts the impact of clown suits.

I'm rocking three different sets but it doesn't look that garish because I've turned off my hat and gloves.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m taking a break from doing every key quest to go back and do a lot of requests I missed. I almost wish there was a way to track some of these as an actual quest. What the hell is a kestrodon and where do I find 8 of them. Where do I get eggs. (I ended up looking it up but there are like 20 of these!)

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i need the kirin g rank rocker jacket back PLEASE

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

lets hang out posted:

What the gently caress is this thing!!

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

RuBisCO posted:

What the gently caress is this thing!!

a friend

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I will never stop enjoying those moments where i use shoryugeki correctly and counter uppercut a monster so hard they get stunned.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmslZyfbFo8

Hunting Horn Supremacy continues. For some reason they thought it was cool to put Health Recovery (L), Health Regen, and Earplugs (L) all together on one song list.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Zoig posted:

I will never stop enjoying those moments where i use shoryugeki correctly and counter uppercut a monster so hard they get stunned.

Today I RKO'd a Narga out of the air.

https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1378893816460025863?s=20

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nobody told me there was a disgusting giant spider in this game. Anyway I captured it and now I’m in 7 star HR :popeye:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
love it when that tail cut is just perfect

https://i.imgur.com/e0NfnHW.mp4

even my character agrees (sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/1X56UsC.mp4

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nobody told me there was a disgusting giant spider in this game. Anyway I captured it and now I’m in 7 star HR :popeye:

That is because there is not a disgusting giant spider. There is a very cute and cool and good giant spider.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

If there's one thing I'm gonna miss from World, it's this. Even if it only plays for like 2 monsters for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnHc08h_6DU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmslZyfbFo8

Hunting Horn Supremacy continues. For some reason they thought it was cool to put Health Recovery (L), Health Regen, and Earplugs (L) all together on one song list.

Used this today after seeing that video and I can confirm it's great and feels really good. Also don't use any potions at all.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

best monster in the game, her moveset is perfect

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If there's one thing I'm gonna miss from World, it's this. Even if it only plays for like 2 monsters for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnHc08h_6DU

Man why is Odogaron not back he's so cool :(

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there something broken with the use the Dragonater/S. Wyvernshot objective in Rampages? I swear I've been using them, but it doesn't ever seem to count.

I've only ever had it count when I've KILLED a monster with either of them, just using it doesn't seem to count.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Really wanna get into SnS and Switch Axe but I feel like both these weapons are going to need some guides they're a little complicated it seems like

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Really wanna get into SnS and Switch Axe but I feel like both these weapons are going to need some guides they're a little complicated it seems like

I finished the game playing SnS before switching to dual blades and this is my quick guide to SnS

Wirebug A gives approximately 1 billion i-frames

That's really all you need to know

edit:
I guess more seriously, try and use back +A charged into launch into falling shield bash (a) for stun or falling slash (x) to cut as a combo ender. On downed monsters I like to use the shield bash combos on the head to build up stun, especially in groups. Wirebug + A is legitimately amazing for both damage and the i-frames, you can use it to pretty easily dodge and punish roars and any of the more telegraphed attacks. If you're playing in groups, team healing items are awesome on SnS since you don't need to put away your weapon to use items.

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 5, 2021

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
SnS is cool because you can be new at the game and fairly proficient since you do not have to commit to thing and can roll out of stuff easily to avoid being hit, and your attacks come out fast so you can hit and run. As you get better at the game and learn the monster's tells and the better combos for SnS you will become even better. You can build yourself for status effects or for affinity or for healing your team mates or for buffing, you can do pretty much anything well. I really like that SnS has both a low skill floor and a super high skill ceiling. You probably wont ever deal as much damage as a great sword or dual blades, but you can stun a monster then cut off their tail and also heal your team mates. It's super flexible while also still making GBS threads out damage.

However, I'm still playing greatsword because it helps me learn the monsters since I have to know what they're doing if I want to be succesful and I think it's the best weapon for forcing you to learn how to play. I really feel like I've improved a lot while playing it. Also getting 400 damage by landing a true charge slash feels SO good. I still don't know the best builds for sure, but I need me some earplugs and I like to have focus.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hellioning posted:

That is because there is not a disgusting giant spider. There is a very cute and cool and good giant spider.

Also it definitely isn't a spider, unless your only qualification for a spider is "Makes Silk."

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Apr 5, 2021

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

tote up a bags posted:

Man why is Odogaron not back he's so cool :(

There's no bleed as a status effect so Odie's lost like 70% of his threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Ethiser posted:

Also it definitely isn't a spider, unless your only qualification for a spider is "Makes Silk."

It's modeled on an Assassin Spider. :ssh: