Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Who wants to waste four hours of their life on this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
We have received NATO support for the restoration of our borders! hmmm where have i seen that one

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

hmm, i could watch this dumb poo poo or i can watch the snyder cut for the fourth time, decisions decisions...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lostconfused posted:

i was gonna ask what the summary was but 4 hours? lol

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

mila kunis posted:

looking at the miltary buildup in ukraine, the ramp up in anti-china poo poo, the resurgence of the moderate rebel crap i'm getting the impression the biden regime is trying to escalate against russia, china, iran, venezuela, syria, everywhere and everyone it can simultaneously

they want to tie them all in a neat little package: starting with Russia (now despised by both liberal and conservative americans), then China if when they come along for the ride. And now you can take out Venezuela as well because as we all know they are puppets of the Russian / Chinese regime. Anyway I'm sure this will all be fine.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mila kunis posted:

looking at the miltary buildup in ukraine, the ramp up in anti-china poo poo, the resurgence of the moderate rebel crap i'm getting the impression the biden regime is trying to escalate against russia, china, iran, venezuela, syria, everywhere and everyone it can simultaneously

I think it can also work the other way: Ukraine sees that the Biden administration is in power, and given the people who run it, they figure that this is their best shot at flexing some muscle, so they go for it, counting on the US to have their back

so the US can find itself embroiled in a conflict, even if they didn't actively plan for one, but merely as a result of their rhetoric and tacit support and approval. Call it the foreign policy equivalent of stochastic terrorism

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think it can also work the other way: Ukraine sees that the Biden administration is in power, and given the people who run it, they figure that this is their best shot at flexing some muscle, so they go for it, counting on the US to have their back

so the US can find itself embroiled in a conflict, even if they didn't actively plan for one, but merely as a result of their rhetoric and tacit support and approval. Call it the foreign policy equivalent of stochastic terrorism

I think a lot of it is simply that Zelensky's poll numbers are down and the Pro-Russian opposition is starting to seriously gain, and this is the solution. Corruption is always a topic in Ukrainian politics, but the focus is always on THAT other set of oligarchs or typical small-time corruption. A big issue after Euromadian was that oncologists were demanding extra-payment on the side for treatment (this literally happens everywhere in the former Soviet Union because usually salaries are too low to make the job worthwhile) so they started purging oncologists.

As for American foreign policy of us versus the world, we have been steadily collecting "blood enemies" for decades and it is starting to pile-up.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 06:10 on Apr 5, 2021

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
hope the vastness of russia consumes me and I end up a frozen corpse on the steppe

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vasukhani posted:

hope the vastness of russia consumes me and I end up a frozen corpse on the steppe
they have warm coats in russia... like the comradeship

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avLOes3Yg90

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

where's the anvil button

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"the chinese have taken billions of dollars out of this country and now they must put it back -- ebb and flow, tidal gravity"

quote:

After 1986, the dollar exchange rate began to weaken for the second time, then after 10 years, the dollar came back like a flood, spilling all over the world. The main flood zone this time was in Asia. In 1980s what idea was hottest? The "four Asian Tigers,” "the Asian Geese,” and so on. Many people believed that Asia's prosperity came through the hard work, intelligence, and the business acumen of the Asians. In fact, a big reason was because Asian countries received enough dollars for ample investments. When the Asian economies were roughly prosperous, the Americans felt it was time to reap the harvest. Then, after 1997, when the dollar exchange rate had been low for a full 10 years, by reducing the money supply to Asia, Americans brought back a strong dollar reversal. Most Asian countries, enterprises, and industries suffered liquidity shortages, and some even simply broke the chain of capital financing, and so came the signs of the Asian economic and the financial crisis.

This time the water in the pot was already 99 degrees, only 1 degree short of boiling, and then with the other degree the regional crisis would break out. It is not necessarily a war like that of Argentines. To create a regional crisis, war is not the only way. Since the goal is to squeeze out the capital, even without a fight one can create regional crisis. Then we saw that financial speculators like Soros, with his Quantum Fund, and hundreds of the world's hedge funds, like a pack of wolves begin to attack the weakest economies of countries in Asia, such as Thailand, attacking the Thai currency the baht. A week or so after the baht crisis began, there was a chain reaction, all the way south, gradually moving to Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and the Philippines, then north to China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, and all the way up to Russia—the East Asian financial crisis broke out. This time the water was boiling. Global investors concluded that the investment environment in Asia had deteriorated and withdrew their capital from Asia. The Fed once again seized the opportunity to sound the trumpet for interest-rate hikes. Following the withdrawal order from Asia to the US, capital once again sought the three major US markets and brought the second great bull market to the United States. When Americans saved enough money, as they had done in Latin America, they came back to Asia to buy quality assets in Asia at floor price. This time the Asian economies had been totally smashed, with no strength to fight back. This time China was the only lucky one.

[...]

Thereafter, timely and accurate as tides, after six years of being strong, the dollar exchange rate in 2002 it began to weaken again, and then again 10 years, in 2012, the Americans began to prepare to make the strong dollar weak again. The method was still the same old one: to create regional crises for others. We have seen the Cheonan incident [translator’s note: A South Korean navy ship sunk in 2010, possibly by a North Korean torpedo]; in neighboring China, the Diaoyu/Senkaku Islands dispute [translator’s note: between China and Japan], and the Huangyan Island/Scarborough Shoal dispute [between China and the Philippines]. Almost all took place within a very short period. But very unfortunately, the United States in 2008, playing with fire in its own home, was first hit by the financial crisis. This resulted in a delay in the strengthening of the US dollar exchange rate. It seems that the Sino-Philippine dispute on the Huangyan and the Sino-Japanese on the Diaoyu Islands did not much impact the US dollar exchange rate, but does it really matter? Why did these incidents occur just at the beginning of the third 10-year period of weak dollar? Few people have been explored this issue, but it is really worth considering.

If we admit that from the 1971 dollar-gold decoupling there has been a dollar exchange rate cycle, and according to the cycle, the Americans take the opportunity to strain the economies of other countries, then we can conclude that, now it is China's turn. Why do we say so? Because now China has become a global attraction for receiving investments and a large quantity of international capital arrives in China from those optimistic about its economy. From the perspective of economic laws, it is not just China as a country. An economy the size of China's is equivalent to the whole of Latin America, even bigger than the total economic output of Latin America; and if we compare it with East Asian economies then we can say that China's economy is equivalent to the whole rest of East Asia. Moreover, in the past decade, a lot of capital came into China, making China's economy to grow at a mouthwatering speed and becoming the world's second largest. If this is so, it is not strange that the United States aims to target China for its third straining.

If the assessment is true, then, from 2012, since the Sino-Japanese Diaoyu Islands dispute and the Sino-Philippines Huangyan Island dispute, China's neighborhood disputes came one after the other, until last year’s Sino-Vietnamese clash over the "981" rig and then later the “Occupy Central” Hong Kong movement. Can the occurrence of all these events still be seen as accidental? Last year in May, when I accompanied General Liu Yazhou, political commissar of the National Defense University, to Hong Kong for a study visit, the “Occupy Central” movement was already brewing and would possibly start at the end of May. But by the end of May it did not begin, nor by the end of June or July or August. What was the reason? What was this brewing movement waiting for? Let's compare the timetable of another event: Fed QE (quantitative easing) exit timetable. Early last year, the United States said it would withdraw QE, but come April, May, June, July, and August, still it did not end it. If the US did not end QE, then they were still issuing many dollars and dollar cannot be strong, so Hong Kong's "Occupy Central" movement did not start. The timetables of both events completely overlap. At the end of September last year, the Fed finally announced the US withdrawal from the QE, and the dollar exchange rate began to turn strong in early October—and then the Hong Kong "Occupy Central" movement broke out. In fact, the Diaoyu Islands, the Philippines Huangyan Island, the 981 drilling rig, and Hong Kong "Occupy Central" movement are four explosive situations. If any of these four blows up, they would lead to a regional financial crisis, which would mean that the region surrounding China is no longer good for investment. This would fully satisfy the basic condition of the dollar revenue model: "when the dollar exchange rate becomes stronger, other areas must appear as in regional crisis; this deterioration of the investment environment in the region forces a large number of investors to withdraw capital.” But unfortunately for Americans, this time it they had to deal with Chinese as opponents. The Chinese people used the taijiquan method to solve one by one the crises in the neighborhood. The result up to the present is that what the Americans hoped for—that 99 degree hot water goes up an extra degree—has failed to occur; the water is not boiling.

If the water does not boil, the Fed has to hold on raising interest rates. It seems the United States understands it is not so easy to shear China's wool, but it has no intention of just waiting around. At the same time as promoting the "Occupy Central" movement in Hong Kong, the United States multi-pronged approach was starting to move in other areas. Where? Ukraine, where the EU meets with Russia. Ukraine, under the leadership of Viktor Yanukoviych, of course was not a perfect egg, so flies could fill it with maggots. But the United States was eyeing Ukraine not just because it was a rotten egg, but because it was good at fighting Yanukovych, a disobedient politician, and also blocking the EU and Russia from getting closer. This could also cause a worsening of the European investment environment—the ideal objective of killing three birds with one stone. Thus, a Ukrainian seemingly spontaneous popular "color revolution" broke out, and the goal of the Americans was achieved beyond the expectations of Americans or anyone on Earth: Russian strongman Vladimir Putin, taking advantage of the opportunity, recovered Crimea. Although the move was not in the American plan, it gave Americans a reason to put pressure on the European Union as well as Japan, forcing them to join the United States in sanctions against Russia, bringing great pressure to the Russian but also to the European economy.

Why did Americans have to do it? Often one looks at issue from a geopolitical perspective, rather than from the perspective of capital.

http://www.sisci.com/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=13891
https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader/status/1377611572042940416

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 08:10 on Apr 5, 2021

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I can't stand to look at Vaush but I'll watch his dumb poo poo tonight after my workout. Considering it took like 30 minutes to figure out all of Zenz's poo poo, and pretty much all of the non-zenz stuff, come from a jihadi news network spinning bullshit a few blocks from my house, dude must have found quite a lot in those four hours!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

very disappointing to see brutalist mcdonalds dip into antisemitism

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/izak_novak/status/1378857551488516099?s=19

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Started early since my clay workshop is still closed. He starts by literally just reading out loud the Wikipedia article on Uighurs, slowly and mispronounces basically everything. Someone in chat finally got him to stop saying Zinjang.

Twelve minutes in and he's reading out loud the wikipedia article on East Turkestan independence movement.

Twenty minutes in and he gets to the wiki article Salih Hudayar's group and notes that while it is based in DC, he doesn't think the US is backing it for cyncial reasons because the US doesn't benefit from it. No real justification for that line of thinking besides "China would still be powerful if Xinjiang was independent so why would America care?"

Someone in chat got him to google Belt and Road to see why Xinjiang is important, and why disrupting it would be in America's interest.

So far he's treated the genocide of Uighur's as a priori true and everything has been rhetorically been through the lens of "Here's why TANKIES (who are fascists) say that the genocide is good".

only 12 percent through....ugh

e: Continuing hes in an argument with a *tankie* in his chat about not using the term genocide for the US actions in the Middle East, and says that he's not comfortable using the term genocide for anything the US has done during the war on terror :lmao:. The use of sanctions and starvation are brought up and and he says that "eliminating the population wasn't the goal so it doesn't count as genocide". Who is this guys loving audience?

Zedhe Khoja has issued a correction as of 09:39 on Apr 5, 2021

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Who is this guys loving audience?
biden supporting anarchists

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PhilstarNews/status/1378971621520678914

so, okay

Beijing has a policy of non-interference in the domestic affairs of other countries

so when the UN held a vote to condemn the coup in Myanmar, China (and a couple of other countries, such as Bolivia and Venezuela), voted against the measure

this is now considered by the Myanmar protesters as itself interference (in the UN's affairs???) and is proof that China is supporting the military junta government

but... it's a policy of non-interference. If you say "I'm not going to condemn another country's government because I don't want to get involved in a country's domestic politics", that by definition is NOT interfering that country's politics

so how is it still perceived as meddling in the country's politics regardless?

am I crazy?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
You know people complain, actually hold on, I can say this As An Academic, okay? I can actually lay this one out. Wikipedia is a valid source, unironically. Wikipedia articles will usually contain a fairly comprehensive description of an idea in its body and then you can check the citations below. Wikipedia is generally really, really good about purging disinformation. It's one of the best resources we have on Earth for acquiring information. People only poo poo talk Wikipedia when they don't like the stuff in the articles, so rather than dismiss the content in the articles, they dismiss the Academic Legitimacy of Wikipedia. It's a weak baby bitch boy tactic.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Zedhe Khoja posted:

You know people complain, actually hold on, I can say this As An Academic, okay? I can actually lay this one out. Wikipedia is a valid source, unironically. Wikipedia articles will usually contain a fairly comprehensive description of an idea in its body and then you can check the citations below. Wikipedia is generally really, really good about purging disinformation. It's one of the best resources we have on Earth for acquiring information. People only poo poo talk Wikipedia when they don't like the stuff in the articles, so rather than dismiss the content in the articles, they dismiss the Academic Legitimacy of Wikipedia. It's a weak baby bitch boy tactic.

lol

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Dude is currently using the fact that Urumqi is only 13% Uighur as proof of Han colonialism (his entire chat is a wall of shocked pepe stare emojis at this statistic), despite like five minutes before reading about how the northern half of the Xinjiang isn't traditionally Uighur. If you were at all concerned that maybe you were on the wrong side of this or being dismissive of Vaush or whatever, don't. Even by the standards of skimming wikipedia articles the man is an illiterate moron.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Can't believe the YouTuber is a huge dumbass.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

comedyblissoption posted:

biden supporting anarchists

wait, how can a self-proclaimed anarchist support the leader of a political party, who is also the head of government currently and. .

What are these people drinking?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Dante80 posted:

wait, how can a self-proclaimed anarchist support the leader of a political party, who is also the head of government currently and. .

gamerfuel

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Are you guys misreading a meme or something?

Anarcho-bidenist is....a joke. It was a joke during the elections how are you possibly taking it seriously. And who gives a poo poo youtube guy is dumb, what did you expect?

Like God drat this is like crazy uncle facebook level dumb.

BrainDance has issued a correction as of 10:52 on Apr 5, 2021

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I mean he is a "Libertarian Market Socialist" who supports Biden, so the term isn't just a meme.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dante80 posted:

theyre libs in denial, hth

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Started early since my clay workshop is still closed. He starts by literally just reading out loud the Wikipedia article on Uighurs, slowly and mispronounces basically everything. Someone in chat finally got him to stop saying Zinjang.

Twelve minutes in and he's reading out loud the wikipedia article on East Turkestan independence movement.

Twenty minutes in and he gets to the wiki article Salih Hudayar's group and notes that while it is based in DC, he doesn't think the US is backing it for cyncial reasons because the US doesn't benefit from it. No real justification for that line of thinking besides "China would still be powerful if Xinjiang was independent so why would America care?"

Someone in chat got him to google Belt and Road to see why Xinjiang is important, and why disrupting it would be in America's interest.

So far he's treated the genocide of Uighur's as a priori true and everything has been rhetorically been through the lens of "Here's why TANKIES (who are fascists) say that the genocide is good".

only 12 percent through....ugh

e: Continuing hes in an argument with a *tankie* in his chat about not using the term genocide for the US actions in the Middle East, and says that he's not comfortable using the term genocide for anything the US has done during the war on terror :lmao:. The use of sanctions and starvation are brought up and and he says that "eliminating the population wasn't the goal so it doesn't count as genocide". Who is this guys loving audience?

why are you doing this to yourself

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Cerebral Bore posted:

theyre libs in denial, hth

Ok, that makes sense.
It seems that US political discourse, especially online, is getting weirder and more bitter by the minute lately.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

fart simpson posted:

why are you doing this to yourself

So you don't have to. For better or worse (its this one) Vaush is one of the biggest voices in online leftism, so him releasing a video of FOUR HOURS OF RESEARCH on a controversial topic is worth at least addressing.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

So...reading about this guy..(heard of him fro the first time the other day in the dems thread really)

quote:

Vaush holds left-wing views and identifies as a libertarian market socialist. However, he has said he doesn't care for the label that is put onto him and identifies more like a leftist in general. In spite of this, he despises authoritarian leftism, in fact having heavily fought against people espousing political positions similar to that of Mao Zedong and Joseph Stalin in the past, who he refers to as Tankies. His long-term goals are similar to those of an anarchist, meaning that he believes in the conditional abolition of all unjust hierarchy in society. However, he stopped labeling himself as any kind of anarchist (anarcho-syndicalist, to be exact), around November 20th of 2019 due to his belief in an intermediary stage between capitalism and his ideal society which runs contrary to anarchist thought.

Vaush opposes homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism and anti-semitism. He also believes in the abolition of private property, emphasizing the use of worker co-ops, a business that, instead of being privately owned, is owned by all the workers democratically. He is anti-sectarian, meaning that he believes in working with those he doesn't fully agree with to accomplish common goals. The two most prominent examples of coalition-building he advocates for are between socialists and social democrats to push the Overton Window further to the left, and between anarchists and leftists, in general, to push for socialism. He has also said he is willing to work with liberals against fascism until such a point comes that they have no further common goals to work towards with.

The previously-mentioned intermediary stage Vaush advocates for is market socialism, which will reinforce the values of the Enlightenment (Equality, Fraternity, and Liberty) in a way that capitalism can't, which is what will make the establishment of an anarchist society possible. He advocates for a violent revolution to bring about said market socialist society, although he believes one should only happen in the future since the material conditions for such a revolution to be successful aren't present in the moment. His belief that the US is incapable of reaching socialism through democratic means is one of the main reasons for his support of the 2nd Amendment's right to bear arms.

ok....-ish but

quote:

Around August 2017, Vaush met a woman under the username Poppy through Discord. The two, both known for their provocative views, began speaking in direct messages. According to Vaush they stopped being friends over what he calls her "misappropriate use of feminist rhetoric".

Several months after the friendship ended, Poppy shared several sexually explicit messages Vaush sent to Poppy during the time they were friends. Due to this, the Discord server through which the two met became divided over who was in the right. In early 2019, he debated a person under the username of Pastel on Discord. Pastel later accused him of sexual harassment.

Due to the release of the logs, people began spreading a rumor that Vaush became a leftist in 2012 or 2013 to gather a collection of women who were also leftists to have sex with them.

wow. big yikes

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Lol. Wikipedia.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

vaush is a.) a giant loving sex creep, and b.) not a leftist in any remotely meaningful sense of the word

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Comrade Koba posted:

vaush is a.) a giant loving sex creep, and b.) not a leftist in any remotely meaningful sense of the word

he's leftist by american standards which, you know, lol

"libertarian market socialist" rattling around my brain in an unpleasant way

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

He also made (makes?) a big deal out of his right to use the n-word in contexts he defines as not racist

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
vaush is an op, op

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
or just a run-of-the-mill grifter who caters to people who think being very committed to your wrong opinions is some mark of integrity

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Dante80 posted:

So...reading about this guy..(heard of him fro the first time the other day in the dems thread really)

Wait until you hear about this pewdiepie character!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Tacoma wept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

that'd be a great fighting game backdrop