Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Fridge Corn that was actually pretty drat aggressive way to take down true monk. Some fights just go poorly but when you still manage to win, that’s control right there.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! I went to find a video of how someone else might go about fighting owl father and, well after seeing this I don’t feel so good.

https://youtu.be/CqACdTBW-zs

:stare: Time to hang it up I guess.

Just how the gently caress do people play the game like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rich creamery frame pacing

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Butter is delicious but it doesn't sit with the word "smooth" in my lizardbrain.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I prefer moist framerates.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BisterdDave posted:

I prefer moist framerates.

Ahh, bloodborne

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Buttery biscuit base PS4 frame rate.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
theres lots of little things in the new cyberpunk patch, like there seems to be different variety of npcs i havent seen before and they added the relic icon on the character stats menu on the one that fuzzes out cos i guess people needed that explaining? theres still weirdo shadow poo poo, like my hair is still gone but now when i pull out the guns something weird goes on with the shoulder? likes theres some weirdo fps animation going on that you're not supposed to see or something but ...can see it from the shadow lmao

hasnt crashed yet but... we shall see.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Passionstation: A 60 gallon drum of lubed framerates.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Akuma posted:

Anyone else lightly repulsed when somebody refers to framerates as "buttery"? Ew.

coffee talk with linda richman just got better

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

theres lots of little things in the new cyberpunk patch, like there seems to be different variety of npcs i havent seen before and they added the relic icon on the character stats menu on the one that fuzzes out cos i guess people needed that explaining? theres still weirdo shadow poo poo, like my hair is still gone but now when i pull out the guns something weird goes on with the shoulder? likes theres some weirdo fps animation going on that you're not supposed to see or something but ...can see it from the shadow lmao

hasnt crashed yet but... we shall see.

the hair is gone and the shoulder is hosed up. buddy, you’re playing my life

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
It Takes Two is still blowing me away with variety of gameplay modes.

I really wasn't expecting the game to become an isometric Hack and Slash Diablo clone.

Still haven't finished after two 5+ hour game sessions with my friend although it seems we're in the final stretch (fifth of apparently seven chapters).

The tone of it is... Really unique. It's like a much more uncomfortable Disney/Pixar. At one point you have to (mild spoilers) capture and mutilate a cute toy elephant (who has come to life) in order to gather tears from your daughter. This is played mostly straight but the disjuncture of the absurd sweetness of the toy elephant and the cruelty what you have to do makes it kind of morbidly funny.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Butter is delicious but it doesn't sit with the word "smooth" in my lizardbrain.
Buttery, the quality of being like a butt. As in 'smooth like a baby's.'

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I know NMH talk ended pages ago but I just found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrzYYf_lI2w

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1379086558876274692?s=21

This is pretty cool

Anyone hear about this Marvel’s Avengers game? Avengers is a big franchise it’s gotta be pretty good, ya think?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s amazing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ly bad!!!!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
ngl if Avengers does go free to play, I'll probably check it out. Seems fun enough to get a couple hours out of it without spending a dime.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Avengers has a season pass for each character

Lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Kaz Hirai stars in The Game Producers

"I tell you, Avengers can't miss. There's literally no way to make a bad game about Avengers"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Marvel's Avengers is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Marvel's Avengers Heroes!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Marvel's Avengers is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Marvel's Avengers Heroes!

Sounds great, that's a day-one uninstall for me.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Lmao, who do you think taught you to mikiri? Some arbitrary skill point system or your father?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lol Outriders had massive server issues its first weekend because Square Enix sorely underestimated demand. Meanwhile since the launch of Avengers, the online component of what was supposed to be their massive AAA ongoing franchise game for the West looks like "Euro Itchy and Scratchy Land"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Glad I left my copy of Outriders while I'm still play Valhalla lol, good to know since I've not seen a single person mention it since launch.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Huh, I didn’t know they ported TLD to consoles. I already have it on PC but happy to grab it again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Republic Commando out tomorrow :sickos:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

infraboy posted:

Haha good work, I don't really think it's much of a cheese. The only real cheese of the game is one with Demon of Hatred and after a lot of time learning him, he really isn't so bad at all.

I was loving around with Owl part 2 thanks to earlier posts so best I could do was beating him with 3 heals. He got me good a few times late with attacks i'm usually good at avoiding. Camera can get REAL wonky around the pillars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bo7wuO7Zo

some awesome techniques going on here

VideoGames posted:

Buttery biscuit base PS4 frame rate.

pspoor frame rate is more of a crumpet imo

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Republic Commando out tomorrow :sickos:

the boys are back in town!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG-FR3_fmPU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Akuma posted:

Anyone else lightly repulsed when somebody refers to framerates as "buttery"? Ew.

The only thing I like buttery is my eyeshadows. :colbert:

I'm kind of marveling at how non-pervy 13 Sentinels is compared to the studio's other games (Muramasa and particularly Dragon's Crown). I'm a couple hours in, and so far the only really "pervy anime" style things are:

1) The characters are nude when they're in the mechs but you don't see much, just a bare shoulder or so. I don't even know that I would have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out to me in this thread. It's less racy than even, say, the transformation sequences in Sailor Moon; and
2) A side character (school nurse?) has some big titties, but nothing on the level of say, the Dragon Crown sorceress.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Read After Burning posted:

2) A side character (school nurse?) has some big titties, but nothing on the level of say, the Dragon Crown sorceress.

IIRC literally nobody ever comments on it either, which is kind of hilarious

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
With the number of crazy twists in that game I legit expected there to be a reveal why she had such comically large breasts. Like she was hiding robots in there or something

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

el oso posted:

With the number of crazy twists in that game I legit expected there to be a reveal why she had such comically large breasts. Like she was hiding robots in there or something

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

el oso posted:

https://twitter.com/cleverbynature_/status/1374142577025384451

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Finishing up 13 Sentinels myself, certainly a lot of twists, it's tricky to try to explain everything without playing the game itself. It's like a funky mix of Evangelion and The Matrix and a sprinkle of other sci-fi I can't put a name on.

Game is very good, a lot different from what i've played in the past.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Disco Elysium needs to autosave a lot more if it's going to be this crashy, I just lost almost an hour of running around talking to people :/

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

Disco Elysium needs to autosave a lot more if it's going to be this crashy, I just lost almost an hour of running around talking to people :/
I love DE but it's broke af on PS. Can't interact with the crashed car, a lot of voice lines don't play, and I've had it freeze on loading a transition a couple times now - just a black screen. I really don't get modern games that aren't autosaving at fairly regular intervals. I played several hours of Subnautica weekend before last and lost 6 hours of progress due to a power flicker. Went off for maybe a second, but that was enough to shut the console off and welp there went half my base and the Cyclops.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah PS4 Disco is really just on the verge of unplayable and it's not worth the risk of something unsalvageable happening imo. Pretty frustrating that we're 5 days on from them saying a patch was coming in a day or two with no further updates.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Early on in Sekiro I should just buy spirit emblems, right? Just throw all my sen at those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

When are the crashes happening? I'm a few real hours in (no idea really) starting Day 2 with zero problems. Usually don't go too long actually in a single game without closing to do something else and I guess I've actually been rebooting a lot recently for other reasons so maybe that's my secret or maybe I just haven't gotten far enough in to see the problems.

Load times could be better though.