Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SeXReX posted:

The secret red coins that look basically exactly like the regular coins can gently caress right off to nopesville

They are noticably different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
One of my bingo squares is post a tier list. (Thank you Metis!)

So here is my rankings of my ten most favourite bosses in Dark Souls II. :)

Dark Souls II Boss Top Ten

10. Looking Glass Knight
9. Old Iron King
8. Sir Alonne
7. Giant Lord
6. Vendrick
5. Velstadt
4. Sing the Slumbering
3. Fume Knight
2. The Pursuer
1. Burnt Ivory King
0. TheCoolSmelt

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Rarity posted:

They are noticably different

Yeah, the regular coins are fine and they can gently caress right off to nopesville.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Happy Easter Monday goonfolks

I am going to play videogames literally all day today and you can't stop me

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Happy Easter Monday goonfolks

I am going to play videogames literally all day today and you can't stop me

I get my first jab in about 12 hours and there's no way I'm sleeping any reasonable amount of time before then

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just wanna play video games
all the time and every day

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Idk what the first game I actually completed legit was cuz I was a game genie/gameshark junkie back in the day

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Yoshi's Island is, imo, a perfect video game. There isn't a single flaw in the game to me

The aiming controls suck IMO, it probably doesn’t help that I grew up on the GBA version which maps eggs to R but basically the one flaw in that game is that it’s main mechanic is clunky unless you’re using an emulator (looking online the SNES Online remapping is global and not game by game :()

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This has been my weekend

I picked this game up to play with some coworkers, mostly as sort of like a networking kind of thing. Didn't expect to like it as much as I do. There's something really satisfying about the crafting system that respects your time and lets you

a) Level up a good weapon to keep in par with the enemies you're fighting
b) Change the traits on your weapons to something more applicable
c) Upgrade the rarity of your super high level blue/green weapon to make it useful.

I don't normally go for these types of games; I bounced off of Destiny and didn't play much borderlands after the first one. I'm probably going to play this one every now and then until it eventually gets shut down for whatever GaaS reason they come up with.

Also, agreed on the story. It sucks and the skip button is very useful.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

One of my bingo squares is post a tier list. (Thank you Metis!)

So here is my rankings of my ten most favourite bosses in Dark Souls II. :)

Dark Souls II Boss Top Ten

10. Looking Glass Knight
9. Old Iron King
8. Sir Alonne
7. Giant Lord
6. Vendrick
5. Velstadt
4. Sing the Slumbering
3. Fume Knight
2. The Pursuer
1. Burnt Ivory King
0. TheCoolSmelt

Somebody needs to buy TheCoolSmelt an account here :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Arrrthritis posted:

c) Upgrade the rarity

I'm already max level, baby

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

Pet peeve talk: it's pretty annoying when I'm watching someone's LP of a horror game and then the game just ends and it turns out it is a demo that is probably not gonna get finished. It's fine if it is tagged as a demo but there are several that just end with "to be continued in full game" or something along those lines.

Why make a full game when you know LPers desperate for horror content (because that gets the most views) are going to guarantee thousand of sales of your unfinished demo?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Me, re DQ11: This game is so comfy!

Me, playing through the mermaid questline: Oh. :stare:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I don't think I remember that one, what's it do?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

death and/or anguish for everyone!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

:yossame:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Cardiovorax posted:

The mermaid has been waiting for years for her lover to return to her.

Turns out, she's been waiting for decades and her lover has long since died of old age.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_pix9YV17U

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

BisbyWorl posted:

Turns out, she's been waiting for decades and her lover has long since died of old age.
Ah, now I remember. I thought was a different game. Yeah, that one was a bit of a downer. Fits in well with the classic Dragon Quest experience, though. They always have one or two like that.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

BisbyWorl posted:

Remembering the fun times in Dragon Quest V, when the main character spends ten years petrified in a garden with the only thing to break up the monotony watching the son of the rich couple who bought his statue grow up before being abducted by monsters.

...Dragon Quest gets depressing sometimes :(

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

You encounter a mermaid waiting for her fiance - a human she rescued and fell in love with called Kai - to return to marry her as he promised. He was engaged to his village elder's daughter and needed to return home to break off the engagement.
You go to the village and find out mermaids are bad at time, as they live around 500 years, so the dude is long dead. Even better, turns out when he got back to his village and broke off the engagement they thought the mermaid cursed him so they burnt his boat and exiled him. The village elder's daughter marries someone else and has a child, time passes, and her new husband and the village elder both die in a storm. She's so distraught that she hurls herself and the baby from the loving cliffs into the ocean. Kai rescues the baby (the woman drowns) and feels obligated to stay and raise the child, knowing that he'll never return to the mermaid to do so. You find this all out from Kai's (adoptive) grandson.

At this point, you can either tell the mermaid the truth or lie to her. I told her the truth.

She comes back to the island to meet the grandson, realises that Kai loved her all along, grows legs to walk onto land so that she can touch his grave stone then kills herself by throwing herself into the sea where she turns into sea foam because once a mermaid walks on land she can never go back to the sea (shades of the non-Disney version of the story of The Little Mermaid here).

It's all very melodramatic but it's definitely significantly darker than anything in the game up to this point besides (early game plot spoilers) your village being razed to the ground I guess.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FirstAidKite posted:

That awful opening guitar riff is forever burned into my soul

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Last Celebration posted:

Remembering the fun times in Dragon Quest V, when the main character spends ten years petrified in a garden with the only thing to break up the monotony watching the son of the rich couple who bought his statue grow up before being abducted by monsters.

...Dragon Quest gets depressing sometimes :(

Dq5 is so good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I frequently wake up with the old 1up Show theme stuck in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTrd7m5mRso

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

As CharlieFoxtrot mentioned I've been dabbling in sushi for the last month or two. I wouldn't say I'm good at it but the resulting product is edible and tasty so that's sufficient for me

Last night I had a few different things I wanted to do. I wanted to use the unagi I had bought from the Asian market (eel is my favorite sushi ingredient), I wanted to make nigiri, and I wanted to make tamago sushi in celebration of Bunny Day. (When I went to the market and asked about eel the woman took me to a freezer and shoved four different ingredients into my arms including the eel I asked for as well as the tamago.)

I'd say it went ok

they look nice and were tasty, I do not have a comment on the structural integrity of the rolls themselves. I ate too many of them, but I do have an eel roll waiting for me in the fridge for breakfast :unsmith:

Thanks Chef Eddy for showing me the nigiri packing technique as well as basically everything I know about sushi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygPHxQSYGkY

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
wuggles learn how to take better photos of food I'm beggin' you

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

what's wrong with my photo?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wuggles posted:

As CharlieFoxtrot mentioned I've been dabbling in sushi for the last month or two. I wouldn't say I'm good at it but the resulting product is edible and tasty so that's sufficient for me

Last night I had a few different things I wanted to do. I wanted to use the unagi I had bought from the Asian market (eel is my favorite sushi ingredient), I wanted to make nigiri, and I wanted to make tamago sushi in celebration of Bunny Day. (When I went to the market and asked about eel the woman took me to a freezer and shoved four different ingredients into my arms including the eel I asked for as well as the tamago.)

I'd say it went ok

they look nice and were tasty, I do not have a comment on the structural integrity of the rolls themselves. I ate too many of them, but I do have an eel roll waiting for me in the fridge for breakfast :unsmith:

Thanks Chef Eddy for showing me the nigiri packing technique as well as basically everything I know about sushi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygPHxQSYGkY

I hope you made enough for the whole thread

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

wuggles posted:

your plate is dirty (in terms of the photograph I'm sure it's actually clean enough to eat off of) and there's a weird water trail leaking out of one of your pieces of sushi that you could have wiped up for a nicer presentation.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

wuggles posted:

needs more filters

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

your plate is dirty (in terms of the photograph I'm sure it's actually clean enough to eat off of) and there's a weird water trail leaking out of one of your pieces of sushi that you could have wiped up for a nicer presentation.

yeah I noticed that too, I thought you were talking about the positioning or the lighting or something

the water was on my hands to keep the rice from sticking

keep in mind this was “let me snag a quick pic for my foodpost square and then get back to making sushi”

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'd say snu should have to post a picture of his dinner but they've already got some on the McDonald's website

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

lmao got em

(Go to BK and post an obnoxiously artful pic of cheesy tots)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'd say snu should have to post a picture of his dinner but they've already got some on the McDonald's website

it was wendy's gently caress

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the first game I ever beat was Future Wars for the Amiga by delphine software, I had help from my dad though

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wendy's gently caress pictures are also already on several websites

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CF's food posts have me really wanting to learn how to make my own ramen broth like he does. Tonkotsu is my favorite but I know that's a pretty laborious process. I should look around for simpler at-home recipes to get started with. I have an unending love for ramen of all kinds but getting good ramen takeout is not cheap.

Relax Or DIE posted:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it was wendy's gently caress

lmao

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Might stop at the ramen place on my way home and see if they can just give me a gallon of broth

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Why make a full game when you know LPers desperate for horror content (because that gets the most views) are going to guarantee thousand of sales of your unfinished demo?

A bunch of these games are free though

I wanna say the most baffling one of those is one that does cost money that is $4 on steam and isn't listed as early access but also isn't actually a complete game for 2 reasons.

1. The game is a collection of 11 separate but interconnected games (interconnected meaning stuff like doing extremely cryptic things in an earlier game using info you gained in a later game) but only 6 of the 11 games are available to play.
2. The developer won't release the next part of the game until people find 3 hidden symbols in the most recently released game and the symbols are generally super hidden and there just isn't enough of a fanbase to bother sifting through all the cryptic stuff, with the 6th game having been released in 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Might stop at the ramen place on my way home and see if they can just give me a gallon of broth

I often get dough from my favorite pizza place

i think i'm the only person who buys it from them but they don't seem to mind. it's loving perfect, that dough. place has been open since '59 and they're still using the same yeast, it's magic.