Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It looks exactly like the planet where Black Widow died in Endgame. I don't know how people are getting "Lady Loki" from that.

Clearly that is Red Skull in a wig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I would give almost anything for the Loki series to be a buddy comedy between Hiddleston and Hugo Weaving in drag

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

They really did waste signing Hugo Weaving.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Weaving peaced out on them, like a lot of people seemed to do in the first two phases.

Diabetic posted:

Time travel and a charismatic, self-deluded, godlike being as the protagonist? Welp, sign me up. I'll take 5.

In seriousness though, I kinda hope Loki isn't self-contained (it kinda seems like it might) so that he can pop up again later on.

This is the only show so far to get a second season so it seems likely he gets contained. Maybe he runs into Strange or Ant-Man (Kang the Conqueror?) or someone else who's a bit more open to time shenanigans but he'll probably miss more normal Avengers.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Alchenar posted:

I felt the same way watching Tommy Lee Jones in Cap 1 last week

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Bust Rodd posted:

We are exactly halfway through the series so episode 4 is either gonna be nuclear powered awesomeness or it’s gonna be spinning its wheels.

It's six episodes.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Weaving, Lawrence, and Cumming all peaced out or had their parts drastically reduced in sequels because they hated the 4-6+ hours of makeup each day.

Jennifer Lawrence only did the last few X-Men movies because they let her wear that terrible looking blue leotard instead of doing makeup.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So what ended up happening to Ghost? In the post credits scene, Scott Lang was going into the Quantum Realm to get...stuff to help her, right? And then he was gone for 5 years, along with the rest of the crew. Did she get dusted, too? Or did she vanish on her own after that, with no one around to help her?

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I felt the same way watching Tommy Lee Jones in Cap 1 last week

Is it really a waste when he’s as good as he is in that one outing, though?

“He’s still skinny.”

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Darth Brooks posted:

It's six episodes.

Yes, and we’ve had 3 episodes, so we’re halfway through.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Weaving, Lawrence, and Cumming all peaced out or had their parts drastically reduced in sequels because they hated the 4-6+ hours of makeup each day.

Jennifer Lawrence only did the last few X-Men movies because they let her wear that terrible looking blue leotard instead of doing makeup.

Of course if WandaVision is any indication, now they can just do it as a CG element and nobody would be able to tell the difference.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

If Ermey was still alive he would have been the only other choice for that role tbh.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

thrawn527 posted:

So what ended up happening to Ghost? In the post credits scene, Scott Lang was going into the Quantum Realm to get...stuff to help her, right? And then he was gone for 5 years, along with the rest of the crew. Did she get dusted, too? Or did she vanish on her own after that, with no one around to help her?

They never explicitly said, but they have said that they didn't mention what happened to Ghost in Endgame because it was "a story for another time," so they might bring her back or address her at some point. There's a third Ant-Man movie involving the Quantum realm coming up that seems like a likely place to address it.

Honestly, it's probably 50/50 if she ever gets brought up again.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

They never explicitly said, but they have said that they didn't mention what happened to Ghost in Endgame because it was "a story for another time," so they might bring her back or address her at some point. There's a third Ant-Man movie involving the Quantum realm coming up that seems like a likely place to address it.

Honestly, it's probably 50/50 if she ever gets brought up again.

Okay, just making sure I didn’t miss something. They brought back loving everyone alive for Stark’s funeral, except her.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Presumably she and Bill were both dusted, or else they would have gone looking for Hank/Scott/Hope.

Or maybe she was dusted and Bill was the one who put Scott’s stuff in storage.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Ghost is probably the exact level of character they'll fill out the Thunderbolts with.

Although that'd be a little tragic since her whole thing is that SHIELD exploited her and turned her into a weapon.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 5, 2021

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
We're all glossing over the most important bit in that Loki trailer.

Loki and Owen Wilson's character are drinking Boku.

In their "pocket reality" or wherever it is that TVA exists, they can still get their hands on some mother-fuckin Boku, and I'm jealous.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I've only watched the first 1.5 episodes but a world without borders seems like a pretty cool thing tbh.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Another person missing altogether was Sean Gunn's other character Kraglin. I imagine him wearing Yondu's mohawk/arrow thing would've come in handy at some point, or am I missing him altogether in Infinity War/Endgame?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Diabetic posted:

Another person missing altogether was Sean Gunn's other character Kraglin. I imagine him wearing Yondu's mohawk/arrow thing would've come in handy at some point, or am I missing him altogether in Infinity War/Endgame?

Tragically he wolf whistled a waitress at the reaver bar and accidentally arrowed himself

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Diabetic posted:

Gunn's said he's not an actual Guardian.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

It looks exactly like the planet where Black Widow died in Endgame. I don't know how people are getting "Lady Loki" from that.

why would she have her hairstyle from Infinity War rather than the look she died with in Endgame? Yeah, the planet looks a bit like Vormir and she looks from a distance like Natasha in IW, but I don't think it's her.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Barry Convex posted:

why would she have her hairstyle from Infinity War rather than the look she died with in Endgame? Yeah, the planet looks a bit like Vormir and she looks from a distance like Natasha in IW, but I don't think it's her.

In the alternate timeline where she survives, her hair straightener dies instead.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I've only watched the first 1.5 episodes but a world without borders seems like a pretty cool thing tbh.

That world existed starting July 2011!

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

In the alternate timeline where she survives, her hair straightener dies instead.

Perfectly balanced, as everything must be

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’re blowing their Marvel TV load this year. What’s the next TV thing lined up after Loki?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Jeremy Renner vs the publicist

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

They’re blowing their Marvel TV load this year. What’s the next TV thing lined up after Loki?

A bunch of animated alternate universe stories, and then some sort of Jeremy Renner vehicle at some point.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

A bunch of animated alternate universe stories, and then some sort of Jeremy Renner vehicle at some point.

Jeremy Renner training one of the Barden Bellas to be the new Hawkeye I imagine

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

And Ms. Marvel.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is She-Hulk this year or next?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Technowolf posted:

I don’t think anything has a confirmed release date after Loki but I’m sure we will hear soon

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don’t think anything has a confirmed release date after Loki but I’m sure we will hear soon

Wiki lists She-Hulk and Moon Knight for 2022, plus Armor Wars is set to start filming soon so it's probably a safe bet.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Technowolf posted:

They’re supposedly starting filming mid april so assume next year.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Invalid Validation posted:

I'm guessing they'll alternate Star Wars and Marvel depending on what's finished shooting.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That new Loki trailer is so good.

Marvel Studios is just absolutely killing it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

That new Loki trailer is so good.

Marvel Studios is just absolutely killing it.

It'll either be the best thing ever or the worst thing ever.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

WandaVision also took a lot of risks, up to the point it became (as Honest Trailers put it) two characters throwing particle effects at each other.

Hopefully Loki gets to stab so many people in the back. It's his... idiom.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Jet Jaguar posted:

WandaVision also took a lot of risks, up to the point it became (as Honest Trailers put it) two characters throwing particle effects at each other.

I just watched the Honest Trailer and "an expanding bubble of sadness that makes America Great Again" is actually incredible analysis.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Getting some real Control vibes from the dliberate mundanity of the time cops. Looks awesome.

I think we're gonna see Control influence a lot of SCP Foundation type fiction. As far as Im aware the actual SCP never had an aesthetic if the games are any hint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.
I don't care about She-Hulk as a character but Tatiana Maslany is an absolute marvel (haha!) so I'll definitely watch that. She was incredible on Orphan Black as... well, everyone.