Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

art of the deal motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Infrastructure Week is cancelled. Forever.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

cancel culture gone too far??

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Remember when this guy had to walk a half mile and he went on Twitter to say he got blisters and accused his family of abandoning him?

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If we actually witness some kind of political realignment regarding corporatism under President Joe Biden I will never stop laughing.

the writings been on the wall since fedex made them the washington sports team. megacorps will never go full bernie but they also will not go full 21st century fash since they value their reputation in the global market. weve built a system to entrench ourselves in slow progress to keep hope alive while bleeding consumers dry.

its insanely stupid for republicans to lay themselves down on this railroad track and just assume the trains are gonna stop for them

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

bleeding kansas posted:

the writings been on the wall since fedex made them the washington sports team. megacorps will never go full bernie but they also will not go full 21st century fash since they value their reputation in the global market. weve built a system to entrench ourselves in slow progress to keep hope alive while bleeding consumers dry.

its insanely stupid for republicans to lay themselves down on this railroad track and just assume the trains are gonna stop for them

lmao this is not gonna happen and the GOP will be fine

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

bleeding kansas posted:

while insanely stupid, it's also insanely funny to watch

besides what else is there to do while the planet gets destroyed by megacorps?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Remember when this guy had to walk a half mile and he went on Twitter to say he got blisters and accused his family of abandoning him?

my favorite erick, son on erick moment:

(gawker called his mom to ask about this and she said it was bullshit)

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lmao this is not gonna happen and the GOP will be fine

if they stop trying to step on voting rights and quit crossing red lines they will keep receiving donations as usual but there are huge pressures inside the party to double down

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
only 42 more years folks

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

she looks a little old for him

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Hatebag posted:

Another funny graph

Any system that produces this has no salvage value

1941 to 1961 lookin' good...

Although by 1961 nobody actually paid the top rate, Kennedy introduced the AMT in 1962, I think, order to try and force the ultrarich to actually pay taxes with mixed success.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
SNL has always been good

https://twitter.com/STEEEZUSCHRIST/status/1379107900250001413?s=20

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

bleeding kansas posted:

if they stop trying to step on voting rights and quit crossing red lines they will keep receiving donations as usual but there are huge pressures inside the party to double down

stepping on voting rights will not make corps abandon them wholesale and thinking that is naïve in the extreme

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

Wasnt Erick the one who posted a long story of his terrible journey of 3/4 of a mile walking, complete with complaints of blisters?

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
by huge pressures i mean the weight of drippleton trunks enormous wet rear end

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Epic High Five posted:

Wasnt Erick the one who posted a long story of his terrible journey of 3/4 of a mile walking, complete with complaints of blisters?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Time to get those hard jams going, you know the ones, those late time bounces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khso6SGJKxs&t=2257s

lmao this has a similar structure to the chorus of Looptroop's Don't Hate The Player :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of66BJ-0hZk&t=58s

e: at least for a split second, man that was bugging me waht it sounded like

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

guess whta today is

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Shear Modulus posted:

that's exactly what the dems have been trying to do for years and especially since 2016. they want to be the fusion of the democrats and bush-era republicans.

as opposed to what they were before: a fusion of neo-liberalism and reagan-era republicans

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

DryGoods posted:

could be a good deal on a summer house in WV. keep your eyes on the housing market

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/333-Loudermilk-Rd_Clintonville_WV_24931_M40821-35779

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

That DICK! posted:

guess whta today is

https://twitter.com/sansculotides/status/1378859952513589252

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

That DICK! posted:

guess whta today is

not much what’s today with you?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

That DICK! posted:

guess whta today is

what day is it

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

That DICK! posted:

guess whta today is

pissday

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I got a call from my mom the other day because she was apparently watching the show and asked me about Gamergate. To save her the headache, I said it was ‘Stupid bullshit by angry people on the internet.’, which is true.

it's a really good series though. I learned a lot of nuance I had no idea about.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

well she's got the tie that's way too long

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FACTORY DIRECT MONEY WAREHOUSE!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

*steel drums playing*

If money wants a free hat, its gotta whip out them titties

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yo everyone just please, for your own sake, sidestep the whole-rear end cult mentality and go plow through literally just the Grimoire/lore of Destiny: The Game (1) to accomplish basically the same philosophical wandering and come to actual sense of personal strength and individuality in the face of it all, or exhaust everyone running the deep web like a carnival game.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

That DICK! posted:

guess whta today is

a word?
a concept?
a way of life?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

If you really want to you can go find additional ontological hints from other people who have tried like the lessons of the C-Consciousness from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but just like stop Jonestowning for the rest of our sake, please, it's looping badly and Waco keeps happening.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

sullat posted:

1941 to 1961 lookin' good...

Although by 1961 nobody actually paid the top rate, Kennedy introduced the AMT in 1962, I think, order to try and force the ultrarich to actually pay taxes with mixed success.

The highest tax bracket for 2020 is 37% on $518k lol. There are individuals with incomes several orders of magnitude greater than that

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm gonna make soup, anyone want some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

what about when he complained about walking .75 miles and getting blisters? or when he shot a newspaper for making him mad?

looks like the first part got covered already