Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol at everything in the Genichiro part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have died to Divine dragon 3 times lol, he just used his scream while I was midair with shock reversal for a one hit kill. Another time he hit me with nlighting while running on the ground for one hit kill lol. He and headless ape with the double ape fight are the only bosses I've died to and I hate them with my life now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

woah

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

NG+ from twin apes on has sucked rear end, every enemy just hits for max posture or vitality on block and I'm totally burned out on SS Isshin because Way of Tomoe killed me like ten times lol with mortal draw and don't want to waste a res on him.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

NG+ from twin apes on has sucked rear end, every enemy just hits for max posture or vitality on block and I'm totally burned out on SS Isshin because Way of Tomoe killed me like ten times lol with mortal draw and don't want to waste a res on him.

New Game without Charm with Bell turned on is a lot more fun than NG+ as a second run imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

New Game without Charm with Bell turned on is a lot more fun than NG+ as a second run imo

Yeah I'm planning to do this for sure! Last thing I need to do is grind skill points and get the Shura Ending on my main file. Think I'm just burned out from playing so much back to back and the twin ape fight escapes the damage curve on NG+ in an unfun way that has me a bit sour on everything after.

Looking forward to the gauntlets after taking a break though

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah I'm planning to do this for sure! Last thing I need to do is grind skill points and get the Shura Ending on my main file. Think I'm just burned out from playing so much back to back and the twin ape fight escapes the damage curve on NG+ in an unfun way that has me a bit sour on everything after.

Looking forward to the gauntlets after taking a break though

grinding skill points took hours for me even with a really optimized strategy on ng+++......its rough.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

grinding skill points took hours for me even with a really optimized strategy on ng+++......its rough.

Yeah I'll be doing it on NG+++ I think after Shura ending and it seems miserable even with a podcast or YouTube

Anyway the most transcendent blade moment for me all game was in the DoH rematch where I was rushing him down in stage 3 with 9 Gourds left and res up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Every fromsoft plat has some insane horrible grind that I wouldn't recommend doing.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arrhythmia posted:

Every fromsoft plat has some insane horrible grind that I wouldn't recommend doing.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

is there a better place than the stairs before the divine dragon? like five enemies at a time but i don thinki took more than an hour or two

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

is there a better place than the stairs before the divine dragon? like five enemies at a time but i don thinki took more than an hour or two
I always thought the slightly earlier bit doing a loop around the nobles etc behind the flower viewing stage was fastest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

drat I figured you could get it within ng+1, thats brutal. i always got bored because they didn't change enemy placement or anything and just gave everything too much hp lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

extremebuff posted:

drat I figured you could get it within ng+1, thats brutal. i always got bored because they didn't change enemy placement or anything and just gave everything too much hp lol

i got it on ng+1. and yeah the real ng+ is throwing on the bell/charm but it really just makes you realize you miss parries more than you thought

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

the stretch of red guys in the updated ashina outskirts from demon of hatred door to where the last fat sake guy was is the most efficient place i could find, the mobs dont have a ton of health and can be easily stealth killed and drop tons of exp

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah the idol beside chained ogre during the end events you can easily stealth a bunch of guys for decent exp. The first purple ninja in the tower after gathering the ingredients though can be easily stealth killed and is worth a huge jump of exp to just keep running around doing him I think is as fast or faster really especially on on like ng4 he's worth 6k per kill and is right beside the idol and can be stealth killed each time.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for my plat run I ended up farming the area in hirata right before the boss arena, with the high level samurai guys in the paper wall hallways. decent amount of souls in ng+ and beyond

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i totally forgot about how the outskirts change lategame, used that chained ogre spot even lmao.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Finally playing this game...hype.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Finally playing this game...hype.

Nice! This is fromsoft's best game imo. It's definitely one of those games I wish I could completely forget and play for the first time again.

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 11, 2021

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I bought this game the other day and got really mad at it and considered refunding it but I went over the 2 hour limit anyway. I realized I was being a bitch and started a new game and gave it a fresh approach and now I really like it. Currently trying to defeat Lady Butterfly.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Kongming posted:

I bought this game the other day and got really mad at it and considered refunding it but I went over the 2 hour limit anyway. I realized I was being a bitch and started a new game and gave it a fresh approach and now I really like it. Currently trying to defeat Lady Butterfly.

If she turns into a brick wall go for the boss on the main path. The game 'clicked' for me better at first with the main boss on that path, in terms of the tempo and deflections.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I don't think she's anything insurmountable just yet. We'll see how I feel after some attempts tomorrow.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Shinobi hunter was a hard block that took endless tries for me to beat the first time I tried to get into Sekiro and I never got past Juzou the Drunkard then either so you're doing great imo, OP!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

The Shinobi hunter was a hard block that took endless tries for me to beat the first time I tried to get into Sekiro

Yep, this was the thing that made me quit originally lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Juzou the Drunkard took me forever, that arena is some hosed up poo poo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i've watched this video like ten times and this part makes me crack up every time lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the snake eyes can go gently caress themselves

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lady Butterfly executed. She didn't even get to summon illusions on my successful attempt. Die!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

i've watched this video like ten times and this part makes me crack up every time lol

its the best part. I watched that vid like 50 times when I first found it and another 50 when it got posted here

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kongming posted:

Yep, this was the thing that made me quit originally lol.

lol it's so hard, owns coming back later on NG+ and effortlessly slaughtering all the added guys, and backing off to making juzou reset then steal thing in and backstabbing him then talking to the helper npc and just piling on to juzou

I think LB can be done at any point ofc but def is intended as second major boss so you're gonna punch the head off the next one you meet! Only tip is make sure you use the enhance attack power option at the idol in case you missed it! Had a pal miss that option after their first major boss

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Juzo the drunkard is a newb

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Doing the Gauntlets and Inner Gen might be the highlight of the game, insanely good and more bosses should do chip damage on blocks However I was surprised to find that Great Shinobi Owl dropped a bunch in my rankings on going for mastery of it for the next gauntlet. So much of his toolset is dull delaying tactics like his constant running away or heal denial just extending and making you back off. Sucks also as he's all about vit but really hard to keep aggression on so feels lame on the redo imo

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Losing my mind in the hall of illusions searching for the fourth folding screen monkey. This monk isn't telling me poo poo.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Kongming posted:

Losing my mind in the hall of illusions searching for the fourth folding screen monkey. This monk isn't telling me poo poo.

it’s right behind you at the beginning

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kongming posted:

:harambe:

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010

Kongming posted:

the fourth monkey is invisible and likes to hang out directly behind you.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I love how the music gets more foreboding and intense when you're down to one monkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Did the Shura ending tonight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHCfZTRGiI