Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mustached Demon posted:

I assumed it was because there was a sinclair news broadcast from 6:00-6:30 so the ricketts bumped the Cubs to 6:40.

Yankees games switched to 6:30 last season. I assumed it was meant to end the games earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I thought the White Sox were supposed to be good this year :smith:

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Two games for hurting Molina's feelings. What a loving joke.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Pussy Boss posted:

Everyone loves a huge contract until the player starts to decline. Stanton was pretty young when he signed the extension, but he already had multiple injuries and a body type that doesn't age well. Turns out Jeter was right.

Teams seem to be getting a bit smarter about megacontracts tbh. The Harper, Machado, Betts, Tatis, Lindor etc contracts will have some bad years on the back end, but at least those players were still coming into their prime when they signed, unlike Pujols and Miggy who were already in their 30s.

Stanton was already pretty much a DH when the Yankees got him.....

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm not sure which feed I'm watching, I think it's the Tigers, but one of the announcers sounds like he's been sedated. Curious if this is normal.

e: presumably it's Kirk Gibson

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

brugroffil posted:

It's a full 162 game season. That's the definition of "it's a marathon, not a sprint." You know how football coaches like to break down the season into quarters? By that standard, we're a minute and thirty seconds into the game. Plenty of time for things to improve, yet.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

brugroffil posted:

I will not have the supporters of the proud and mighty White Sox succumb to Cubsposting.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

jng2058 posted:

It's a full 162 game season. That's the definition of "it's a marathon, not a sprint." You know how football coaches like to break down the season into quarters? By that standard, we're a minute and thirty seconds into the game. Plenty of time for things to improve, yet.

This is 100% correct....

On the other hand the Phillies are undefeated and on-track for 162-0 and I won't hear otherwise. :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is this the first grand slam of the season or did someone else hit one over the weekend

https://twitter.com/MLBHRVideos/status/1379144051325288448

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

IcePhoenix posted:

Is this the first grand slam of the season or did someone else hit one over the weekend

Abreu had one, the first of the season, this weekend.
E: Here it is
https://twitter.com/sleepxpert/status/1378171811972669440

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 5, 2021

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

i just saw this, the previous pitch he hit a mile the opposite way and he was convinced it rang off the foul pole (it didn't)

so, he was probably pretty pissed off so just lined one out of the park the other direction

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ChiTownEddie posted:

Abreu had one, the first of the season, this weekend.
E: Here it is
https://twitter.com/sleepxpert/status/1378171811972669440

that son of a bitch

bewbies posted:

i just saw this, the previous pitch he hit a mile the opposite way and he was convinced it rang off the foul pole (it didn't)

so, he was probably pretty pissed off so just lined one out of the park the other direction

yeah it was pretty hilarious

also I have no regrets or apologies with the amount of times I am going to link that account blame poque for showing it to me

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I found maybe one other non-poo poo player

https://twitter.com/chelsea_janes/status/1379141079447003136?s=21

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Well I know who's currently getting a frantic stream of texts from Bauer with links to the "real" science on vaccines.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm curious how many think something like this:

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1379117515725541378

Like it seems as though Bo thinks its a good idea if you haven't had covid, but that since he did he's an immune super soldier that doesn't need it. At least he thinks most people should get it (just not him)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

also I have no regrets or apologies with the amount of times I am going to link that account blame poque for showing it to me

https://twitter.com/MLBHRVideos/status/1379159406735151107

watch the catcher lol

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

bewbies posted:

i don't think there's a better phone plan out there than t-mobile's veterans thing; $100 a month all-in for 4 lines unlimited everything.

like VA mortgages and whatnot are cool but this is by far the best veterans benefit i've found

Oh poo poo I didn’t even know about this. Thanks, I’ve been looking for ways to reduce our bill with them.

Do they need the VIC ID or will the DD-214 work?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

IcePhoenix posted:

watch the catcher lol

Having caught for a long time there’s no bigger WELP moment than watching a ball scream out of the stadium.

Gimme a ball.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Very interested to see what the Braves are offering Freeman, the years maybe even more than the dollar value.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm curious how many think something like this:

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1379117515725541378

Like it seems as though Bo thinks its a good idea if you haven't had covid, but that since he did he's an immune super soldier that doesn't need it. At least he thinks most people should get it (just not him)

Hopefully it's just because you literally can't get it within 90 days of a positive test result. That quote doesn't make it clear that he wouldn't get one, but as mentioned above:

Slimy Hog posted:

Just start with the assumption that all your favorite players are chuds until they prove you wrong and you'll never be disappointed

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

No Safe Word posted:

Hopefully it's just because you literally can't get it within 90 days of a positive test result. That quote doesn't make it clear that he wouldn't get one, but as mentioned above:

Yeah, it sounded like he was saying "I'm not trying to get it ASAP, because I just had COVID, but other guys should get it"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Popete posted:

I would love MLB to point out exactly which rule Castellanos broke.

Made a mockery of a good man's apology by hitting a drive deep to left field and making it a 4-0 ballgame.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sydin posted:

Well I know who's currently getting a frantic stream of texts from Bauer with links to the "real" science on vaccines.

Bauer is 100% the type to complain and lie about vaccines and masks on Twitter for a year and then lie about a pre-existing condition to make sure he’s first in line for the actual vaccine. He’s a contrarian dipshit coward first and foremost.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Bauer is 100% the type to complain and lie about vaccines and masks on Twitter for a year and then lie about a pre-existing condition to make sure he’s first in line for the actual vaccine. He’s a contrarian dipshit coward first and foremost.
Based on Bauer's comments on it this spring it sure sounds like he doesn't want the vaccine and thinks it'll harm him somehow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Someone find the tweet about how if Bauer is being cagey about whether or not to get the vaccine then it gives his position away because he'll voice his opinion on absolutely anything

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Trevor Bauer is the most scientific guy in baseball so I'm gonna go with him on whether I should get the vaccine or not

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I still like baseball

:)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

No Safe Word posted:

Well hopefully they don't catch it at the ballpark in texas cause jesus christ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/timandfriends/status/1379165489784573953

Jesus H Christ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans are idiots, shocking

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:shepicide:

I said "man, that looks like too many people" when they panned out in the Phillies game to show the ~9,000 or so people at CBP the other day.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bwahahahahahaha we're all gonna die

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You just know that the people who are dying to go make a statement by packing into a stadium to watch a terrible Rangers team are also refusing the vaccine

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Intruder posted:

packing into a stadium to watch a terrible Rangers team

This is the funniest part imo

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Better angle. No masks. Good times.

https://twitter.com/samgannon87/status/1379164124232437761?s=21

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Does Mexico want Texas back?

We'll pay you.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Love the juxtaposition of the broadcasters talking about teams trying to get to 85% vaccination to ease protocol set against crowd shots of a utterly packed Globe Life Field.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

covid19 herd immunity will arrive just in time for Texas to breed covid21

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

IcePhoenix posted:

Suspend Cruz for two games for looking at the opposing team while running around the bases after a home run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

It's not unlimited substitution - now you're just using circular logic to define your stupid position. It's just a 10th position that doesn't have to play the field

That makes it not a position by definition.

Nine positions in the field, nine players take their turns batting and in the field. Letting someone else bat for the pitcher is a form of unlimited substitution. Either get rid of it or institute split squads and be done with it. Football was a single platoon sport until the 40s too.