Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/status/1379183565867524101?s=21

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Love to spread disease inside a Char-Broil grill. :911:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Dallas doesn’t represent Texas, they’re a bunch of dipshit treasonous white-trash-posing-as-new-money racist pieces of regressive suburban poo poo, and everyone in that stadium can gently caress off and eat poo poo.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

It's really peak DFW to pay to for performative bullshit that just endangers everyone

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I just saw a couple people wearing masks in the stands. What are you even doing there? At least the maskless have the excuse of being selfish babies.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Dallas doesn’t represent Texas, they’re a bunch of dipshit treasonous white-trash-posing-as-new-money racist pieces of regressive suburban poo poo, and everyone in that stadium can gently caress off and eat poo poo.

gently caress off, they absolutely represent Texas

No one is free from sin in this loving dump of a state, get off your high horse

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

No Safe Word posted:

It's really peak DFW to pay to for performative bullshit that just endangers everyone

I would love to go see some cool baseball players (not the Rangers obviously) but man gently caress this even if I was fully vaccinated. Mask usage has been waning here since people started getting their vaccinations. Really seems to vindicate our desire to move back East sooner rather than later.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
El Paso might be the only city that gets to skate, mostly due to it's far enough away to maybe resist the central stupidity in the rest of the state.

I'm sure it's got its own brand.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

El Paso is an army base town

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

gently caress off, they absolutely represent Texas

No one is free from sin in this loving dump of a state, get off your high horse

Yeah they absolutely do. It's sad, but they definitely do. DFW is easily the most like the rest of the non-metropolitan portions of the state of any of the large cities. Sure, the other major metro areas are less lovely but you can't just throw everything outside of Houston/Austin/San Antonio/El Paso away.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Its Rinaldo posted:

Suspend Cruz for two games for looking at the opposing team while running around the bases after a home run

Cruz and Schoop were teammates on the Orioles and Twins.

You are all acting like every stadium wouldn't be full or drat close to it if their respective states were allowing it. Every stadium hit their "capacities" over the weekend... right? The only thing stopping more from attending are state mandates that won't allow them to sell more seats. $$$ rules, as usual.

The California teams had 10-12k each. The Rockies had 20k each. The Cubs and Yankees met their limits too.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

You are all acting like every stadium wouldn't be full or drat close to it if their respective states were allowing it.

To be fair, my understanding is the Astros are still limiting to 50% capacity in spite of no restrictions limiting them.

Which is like 30-40% or so too high still, but :shobon:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
So we can say, in conclusion, that Texas is a land of contrasts

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Every stadium hit their "capacities" over the weekend... right? The only thing stopping more from attending are state mandates that won't allow them to sell more seats. $$$ rules, as usual.

Nats Park didn’t :smug:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Dinosaurs! posted:

Nats Park didn’t :smug:

:lol: I actually went to the MLB attendance page to look for them and googled what their capacity limit was and then realized you got me good. Totally forgot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

No Safe Word posted:

To be fair, my understanding is the Astros are still limiting to 50% capacity in spite of no restrictions limiting them.

Which is like 30-40% or so too high still, but :shobon:

The Astros are also requiring masks when you're not actively eating or drinking but if basically anywhere I've been in the past year is any indication there will be zero enforcement of it

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

You are all acting like every stadium wouldn't be full or drat close to it if their respective states were allowing it. Every stadium hit their "capacities" over the weekend... right? The only thing stopping more from attending are state mandates that won't allow them to sell more seats. $$$ rules, as usual.

The California teams had 10-12k each. The Rockies had 20k each. The Cubs and Yankees met their limits too.

Yeah and I’m thankful my state is mandating that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Thom P. Tiers posted:

How dare you ruin my joke with context

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

The Astros are also requiring masks when you're not actively eating or drinking but if basically anywhere I've been in the past year is any indication there will be zero enforcement of it

Yeah on the broadcast they mentioned that, and no cash transactions (they actually provide "reverse ATMs" where you can get a debit card for cash), and they do health checks on the way in. Frankly if they just reduced it down to like 20% capacity and strictly enforced the mask stuff, I'd say it'd almost be acting sufficiently as responsible as you can.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not accepting cash is completely illegal . Maybe there is a Covid exemption idk

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yeah but the point is Texas is Texas and the state is endangering everybody by allowing it. I'd be just as disgusted if Camden Yards opened up tomorrow to 100% capacity.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

explosivo posted:

I'd be just as disgusted if Camden Yards opened up tomorrow to 100% capacity.

The Orioles are probably one of the few teams that can operate just fine with 100% capacity and not endanger anyone

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

euphronius posted:

Not accepting cash is completely illegal .

there are places where it is illegal, but texas isn't one of them

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

there are places where it is illegal, but texas isn't one of them

I thought it was a national law

Cash even has that "this is legal tender for all debts" thing printed on it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Johnny Bravo posted:

The Orioles are probably one of the few teams that can operate just fine with 100% capacity and not endanger anyone

Lol :hmmyes:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Intruder posted:

I thought it was a national law

Cash even has that "this is legal tender for all debts" thing printed on it

https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12772.htm

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Johnny Bravo posted:

The Rangers absolutely should be too but never underestimate the willingness to watch lovely baseball if it means you get to stick it to the libs

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

As someone who lives in DFW area, I got my vaccine appointment scheduled

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It's especially cool that the TX Governor threw a fit and refused to throw out the first pitch today because he's mad at MLB for moving the All-Star game out of GA

Layers upon layers of spiteful decision making on display

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He also eliminated the mask mandate because people were mad at him about the whole winter storm unpreparedness thing as a cheap PR win amongst chuds

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

It's especially cool that the TX Governor threw a fit and refused to throw out the first pitch today because he's mad at MLB for moving the All-Star game out of GA

Layers upon layers of spiteful decision making on display

I also think Abbott was secretly relieved he didn’t have to go appear in front of forty thousand fans after presiding as Lt. Gov. in a state where people were freezing to death and melting snow in their bathtubs to flush the toilets a few short weeks ago

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Other good players include RP Collin McHugh who says he’s going to “encourage” everyone on the Rays to get vaccinated, Willy Adames who was excited to get the first dose, and Kiermaier who says anything that keeps people safe is good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

As someone who lives in DFW area, I got my vaccine appointment scheduled

Got my 2nd shot last Thursday. I don't feel safer, but I've at least done my part. Which makes me a fuckin unicorn in Texas.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I must have not noticed this during the World Series, but what is going on behind home plate at Globe Life? Why is there just a single row of seats? I can faintly see people further back in that area, but it doesn’t look elevated, so you’re watching through the gaps of all the people in front of you and your vertical view is obstructed by a ceiling. I’m sure the place is packed with screens, but you might as well be on the club level or anywhere else at that point.

E: ok I just googled and it looks like normal seating starts about 10’ up, but what a waste of field-level space.

Dinosaurs! fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 5, 2021

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

euphronius posted:

Not accepting cash is completely illegal . Maybe there is a Covid exemption idk

Not only is this completely wrong and kinda shortsighted, there are and have been cashless businesses for at minimum decades. Usually if someone balks to me about it, I give them a number of easy alternatives and then point out the literal actual plot of the hit video game Tom Clancy's The Division, in which a weaponized form of the flu causes societal collapse because its main vector was twenty dollar bills released on black friday. Weird how that one hits home, huh?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

it looks like some expensive half-bar area they put back there, wasting the best seats in the house with gimmicky bullshit

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That's actually the little hot dog vendor at the Home Depot exit.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

bawfuls posted:

it looks like some expensive half-bar area they put back there, wasting the best seats in the house with gimmicky bullshit

Really let the players see how little people care about the game going on.

I just never understood the point of going to a ballgame as a social outing and not, y'know, watching the game. But I'm also one of those weirdos that plays board games with people and actually wants to play the game, not just drink cocktails and talk poo poo about coworkers, which seems to be an unusual prospect for some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Those fans may have potentially exposed themselves and subsequently their friends and family to a deadly virus but at least they got to watch the Rangers get their poo poo pushed in

rickiep00h posted:

Really let the players see how little people care about the game going on.

I just never understood the point of going to a ballgame as a social outing and not, y'know, watching the game. But I'm also one of those weirdos that plays board games with people and actually wants to play the game, not just drink cocktails and talk poo poo about coworkers, which seems to be an unusual prospect for some.

Sometimes you just want to pay nine bucks for a Miller Lite tallboy