Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Goddamnit Lewis at least let me pay to touch all the public utilities up, you owe me after that poo poo with the statue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The local schoolteacher doesn't even have a dedicated space to teach her pupils. She has to borrow a corner of the got-dammed public library. Does she even get paid for this poo poo? Does Lewis do anything for the town besides festivals and jerking off the governor?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He's stealing tax payer money to make gold statues of himself, how many kickbacks did he get to get Joja to move in? I'm just asking question here

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wise Mayor Lewis. Corrupted by his own power. Can no leader go untainted?!?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Let's be real, there's plenty of spare gold lying around. Statues for everyone

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Y'all would be just as corrupt

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Alxprit posted:

Y'all would be just as corrupt

This is totally unsubstantiated, please remove this malcontent from this venue

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

BTW, thanks for the meat mod suggestion but it's kind of weird in how it works. Unless I'm reading the description wrong, the animal meat works like wool or milk, and it's kind of weird to repeatedly 'milk' a pig for its meat. Idk if I'm comfortable with that. e: all this is wrong, I just watched the video

You know what I'd really like to see? A mod that adds falconry. You could get Robin to build you a little mew, catch a hawk with an item similar to a crabpot, and it would generate stuff that it 'caught' in it's mew every morning. Maybe you could even walk around with it on your arm and use it as a weapon against the monsters.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 3, 2021

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

You know what I'd really like to see? A mod that adds falconry. You could get Robin to build you a little mew, catch a hawk with an item similar to a crabpot, and it would generate stuff that it 'caught' in it's mew every morning. Maybe you could even walk around with it on your arm and use it as a weapon against the monsters.

This would be awesome and a much more sensible way of getting rabbit feet.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I just want people to say and do new things for each holiday for the first three years. Also date-able Sandy.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I just want people to say and do new things for each holiday for the first three years. Also date-able Sandy.

All the single adults should be dateable. I know that's probably a shitload of work for Concernedape but I'd love to see a few more added as romance potentials.

Sandy > Gus > Krobus > Linus > Pam > Wizard >Marlon > Dwarf > Willy > Gunther > Gil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clint btw.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Willy isn't single, he's married to the sea

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I want to marry gus and caroline. The robin stans just haven't thought this through.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I want to marry gus and caroline. The robin stans just haven't thought this through.

I wanna marry Caroline, but I don't wanna deal with her poo poo daughter a real conundrum

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Abigail is fine, she just wants to go fight slimes in the mine.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Now you folks wait just a drat minute.

Mayor Lewis treks up to your shipping bin every night, regardless of lightning, rain, snow, or season, heedless of witches, midnight monster attacks and the serial wallet-stealer, just to cart off your giant load of turnips in the vain hope of keeping his beloved town afloat for one more week. While you're having a good time rooting through trash bins and smoking out with the wizard, he's busy dealing with PTSD Kent sending bombs through the mail, drunk-rear end Pam crashing buses and killing people, Emily dosing the saloon ale with LSD, Joja threatening to turn the place into a Company Town, and Sam and Sebastian plotting to burn the whole freakin' valley down. Not to mention that weirdo fundie Yoba cult, which preaches sex outside marriage is punishable by death. George and Evelyn would haul Marnie up on that altar that same night if they ever found out about her and Lewis.

That poor man has done more for Stardew than your Johnnie-come-lately farmer ever will, you keep his good name out of your filthy whore mouths.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Caroline isn't faithful, that's a pretty big red flag.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

That's okay neither am I

AJA posted:

Now you folks wait just a drat minute.

Mayor Lewis treks up to your shipping bin every night, regardless of lightning, rain, snow, or season, heedless of witches, midnight monster attacks and the serial wallet-stealer, just to cart off your giant load of turnips in the vain hope of keeping his beloved town afloat for one more week. While you're having a good time rooting through trash bins and smoking out with the wizard, he's busy dealing with PTSD Kent sending bombs through the mail, drunk-rear end Pam crashing buses and killing people, Emily dosing the saloon ale with LSD, Joja threatening to turn the place into a Company Town, and Sam and Sebastian plotting to burn the whole freakin' valley down. Not to mention that weirdo fundie Yoba cult, which preaches sex outside marriage is punishable by death. George and Evelyn would haul Marnie up on that altar that same night if they ever found out about her and Lewis.

That poor man has done more for Stardew than your Johnnie-come-lately farmer ever will, you keep his good name out of your filthy whore mouths.

So you're saying he provides nothing of value and relies entirely upon the sweat of a single farmers brow to sustain his fiefdom, almost seems like the farmer should be in charge

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Lewis needs to make Marnie an honest woman and until he does he's an rear end in a top hat. She wants them to be a couple and his excuse is it might endanger his mayor job but that's total bullshit.

Also he doesn't turn the tax money into community improvements, he spends it on a gold statue and waits for a philanthropist with a successful winery/apiary/jam business to invest in the infrastructure the village desperately needs.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Gaius Marius posted:

almost seems like the farmer should be in charge

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Also he doesn't turn the tax money into community improvements, he spends it on a gold statue and waits for a philanthropist with a successful winery/apiary/jam business to invest in the infrastructure the village desperately needs.

According to Fox News commercials, gold has long served as a hedge against inflation and has performed well in uncertain economic circumstances. Lewis is just being smart with his constituent's money. :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Mantis42 posted:

I still think Caroline is the Wizards daughter.

What can we do about getting Shane a job? I feel him taking Emily's job in the saloon after she married me isn't good for him but there aren't many other opportunities available. Could we set him up with a chicken smallholding, maybe the fenced area behind Clint's?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

who's penny's dad and why is it linus

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They're all descendants of your randy old grandpa, and you're definitely going to Hell.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Let me gently caress Gus

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Mantis42 posted:

Vicious rumors spread by Pierre in an attempt to further isolate her from the community.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

i want to kill yoba and become the one true god of the valley to protect my farm from the war but also slowly expand my territory until i control both the gotoro empire and the ferngill republic.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
The fate of Pelican Town should be in our hands, good or bad. I want to buy vacant land in order to develop The Villages at Pelican Town and The Forum commercial district next to it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

cakesmith handyman posted:

What can we do about getting Shane a job? I feel him taking Emily's job in the saloon after she married me isn't good for him but there aren't many other opportunities available. Could we set him up with a chicken smallholding, maybe the fenced area behind Clint's?

Why do people feel like they have to get Shane a new job? He breeds chickens for Marnie in the coop attached to her house. She sells them to you and presumably gives him a cut of the profits. That's his new job. That's what makes him happy and fulfilled. Why do you want to mess with that?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

He can sell the blue chicken strain to joja for milllllions!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pththya-lyi posted:

Why do people feel like they have to get Shane a new job? He breeds chickens for Marnie in the coop attached to her house. She sells them to you and presumably gives him a cut of the profits. That's his new job. That's what makes him happy and fulfilled. Why do you want to mess with that?

Yeah, and blue chickens are the prettiest and thus best chickens.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pththya-lyi posted:

He gripes about not having a job and being unable to pay rent, depression gets intimately tied into self worth like that so if he feels he a burden he'll get more depressed. I don't want to "fix him", I just want to provide an environment where he can get better.

I've started displaying the gifts Emily gives me on cabinets and her 14 heart scene is the best, I wear that goofy outfit everywhere in fall.

Does daily luck affect your chance of finding ore? I need ludicrous quantities of iron and won't give Clint a penny if I can avoid it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

once lewis is deposed and stardew valley is placed under farmer law, shane will be forced to shape up or be sent to the mines

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Abigail is fine, she just wants to go fight slimes in the mine.

I dunno, I only ever see her on floor 20, where there's a fishing hole and an elevator.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Made it through year 2 and this would definitely be my highest grandpa score ever if it were shown. Looking at the wiki, it looks like I got every point outside of completing the Museum collection and shipping everything.... and I'm four away from the museum and a spring onion away from shipping. Heck yeah.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

Does daily luck affect your chance of finding ore? I need ludicrous quantities of iron and won't give Clint a penny if I can avoid it.

Negative

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Luck#Daily_Luck_Effects

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Damnit Abigal get out of your room and come eat this dumb birthday rock, I've gotta get to the Skull Cavern!

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Marrying my way through the bachelors and bachelorettes continues apace. I definitely could have planned this better, though.

I finally crack 14 hearts with Eliott, and am ready to get his 14-heart event and divorce him the following day and. Huh. Need an 8-day span with no Festivals. Okay, that shouldn't be hard -- Oh, wait, It's Summber 21. Moonli Jelly festival is on the 28th; I'm going to have to spend another week married to him before I can move on to Harvey.

Harvey I'm well-prepped for; I've got 18 Iridium-quality Starfruit Wines sitting in his chest, and should have another 18 coming on-line any day now. That should be enough to get him up to 14 hearts after the marriage, and then get him back up to 10 after the divorce and mindwipe.

Sam's the easiest; plenty of Iridium-Quality Cactus Fruit I already have.

Hopefully in the time it takes me to get to Sebastian, I can rack up 30 iridium-quality Void Eggs.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I like to grow vegetables and pet the cat

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

mcvey posted:

I like to grow vegetables and pet the cat

what's your strategy for min maxing cat pets though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Wake up, pet cat, immediately go back to bed.