Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Crashes can happen at any time on loading screens and even sometimes on ability checks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I just wanna play DE but I know I should wait =\

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Especially on loading screens, I spent a long time in the streets talking to truck drivers and crashed when I tried to enter a building

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I wanna play Disco Elysium but like every isometric PC game ported to PS4 I assume it will control terribly and need to be patched several times so I was gonna get it on sale:shrug:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

When are the crashes happening? I'm a few real hours in (no idea really) starting Day 2 with zero problems. Usually don't go too long actually in a single game without closing to do something else and I guess I've actually been rebooting a lot recently for other reasons so maybe that's my secret or maybe I just haven't gotten far enough in to see the problems.

Load times could be better though.
I'm actually not having the game crash out, just the bugs I mentioned and some failures to load a new area when I go through a door. But I can't progress the game "properly" (do what I need to do another thing etc). I even started a new playthrough with different stats but I've caught back up to the first one so now I'm just waiting on a patch.

I know they're a small studio but gently caress, didn't anyone test this before sending it out? Or run a small alpha or beta to make sure it ran properly on more than 1 machine?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Waltzing Along posted:

Early on in Sekiro I should just buy spirit emblems, right? Just throw all my sen at those?

Their price goes up a lot mid game. Whenever you need to expend money prior to a boss or miniboss (so you don’t lose it) just buy spirit emblems after buying whatever else you have afforded. You’ll get up into the 4-500s real fast. I have like 800 for some reason. This is good. You do not want them to become a limited resource mid game. I remember back in 2019 when I played through Sekiro and didn’t know this and I would have to grind for them after every or in the middle of every boss fight and it was awful.

Buy the firecrackers. Buy the coin purses. Buy all the coin purses from every merchant first. This is how you bank money, basically. After that there’s a few things that are must buys and you’ll know them when you see them (the dragon mask is not it. At all).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Thanks. I've played before I just didn't finish SSI. So starting from the beginning. I remember needing sen later. And know about purses. Just wondering if there is other important stuff.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The gourds that cure ailments are kinda expensive early on and I never really ran out of consumables. could probably skip them and invest in more juice for your weapons before the price hike.

I’m in the same mindset as you, probably choosing to start over, and the only thing I’d keep an extra eye out for stuff to dispel/resist terror and the paper that makes your sword purple. All those terror mini bosses are a pain.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Doing okay so far. Up to Gyoubu and Drunkard. First time I played I was a coward and snuck around a ton. Got everything down except SSI who I couldn't get through. This time I am forcing myself to fight every enemy once or twice just to get used to the variance. Hopefully, I can get make it this time.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Ignore the headless, they aren't very fun and the rewards aren't worth it. You can clean them all up at the end for completion's sake.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

SubponticatePoster posted:

I'm actually not having the game crash out, just the bugs I mentioned and some failures to load a new area when I go through a door. But I can't progress the game "properly" (do what I need to do another thing etc). I even started a new playthrough with different stats but I've caught back up to the first one so now I'm just waiting on a patch.

I know they're a small studio but gently caress, didn't anyone test this before sending it out? Or run a small alpha or beta to make sure it ran properly on more than 1 machine?

You can't get the Platinum in the game now based off of the bugs.

I really, really want to play again, but I also want to wait until the patch comes through.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1379086558876274692?s=21

This is pretty cool

Anyone hear about this Marvel’s Avengers game? Avengers is a big franchise it’s gotta be pretty good, ya think?

These are all great; even if you hate Marvel, Avengers games are great dungeon crawlers

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yeah I try to fill my skill bar and spend all my sen before any major fight or treacherous new area. Even if you’re buying sugar candies and things you don’t really need, you can sell them later at a tiny loss so it’s still a way of banking your money. But the vendors all sell nearly identical stuff except for one or two things that are very obviously a must buy. Also I dunno if you want to play Sekiro for nearly twice as long this time but don’t obey the iron code. Help kuro (you monster) and you’ll get a ton more to do and more bosses and lots more length out of the game. Fighting SSI is like the game ending after 2/3. It’s the bad ending OP.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What are you talking about? SSI is the final boss. On my other save, every boss including headless and terror guys are dead. The only thing left to do is kill SSI and choose 1 of the 3 endings. The bad end is siding with Owl halfway through the game.

E: got drunk down. Now it's LB and horseman. Pretty good for 3 hours on my first day playing again. :)

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
You're thinking of the Shura ending, Rasputin, where his name is Isshin Ashina, in the other three endings his name is Sword Saint Isshin

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think enjoyment of Avengers is dependent on how much you like Kamala Khan as a character and if you can get over everyone sorta looking like the MCU characters but not. I will go to bat for the story, its goes interesting places.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

PS Now lets you download games instead of streaming them right? I might Avenge

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yep, for everything but PS3 games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I think enjoyment of Avengers is dependent on how much you like Kamala Khan as a character and if you can get over everyone sorta looking like the MCU characters but not. I will go to bat for the story, its goes interesting places.

I completely agree here. Kamala Khan is wonderfully written in the comics and they have captured her infectious joy at being a superhero in game as well. She is also the most fun avenger to play as (where I am in the story).

It makes me so excited to see how the TV show is going to be and I hope it has as much heart as the game and comics have :D

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

VideoGames posted:

I completely agree here. Kamala Khan is wonderfully written in the comics and they have captured her infectious joy at being a superhero in game as well. She is also the most fun avenger to play as (where I am in the story).

It makes me so excited to see how the TV show is going to be and I hope it has as much heart as the game and comics have :D

Yea, i feel bad we will probably never see her interact with Captain Marvel in the game or have her have some super hero bff like Squirrel Girl.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If there was a version of Avengers that completely separated the GaaS stuff from the story I would def grab a month of Now and play through the story. I did enjoy the time I spent playing as Khan in the demo.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Just resurrect marvel heroes or a non-switch marvel ultimate alliance

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

MechaSeinfeld posted:

non-switch marvel ultimate alliance

plz.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I just beat Dark Souls for the first time ever and I really don't know where else to direct all this energy right now. I don't think any other developer has ever made a game that ever made my heart beat so hard so consistently as FromSoftware.

I never thought it would be a game I could say I actually saw all the way through (including the DLC). I was also surprised that the weapon I found near the beginning in Undead Burg (Black Knight Halberd) carried me through every single boss I encountered from the moment I found it. It didn't even dawn on me to try something else because it just worked for me in every situation (aside from the mosquitoes which appeared to be its only weakness) and I ended up affectionately nicknaming it "The Can Opener" because all you need to open anything up is a poke and whirl!

I lit the flame. I hadn't really made up my mind really by the time I got to Gwyn, but I went to talk to Anastacia right near the end and she was surprisingly chatty and told me she was excited for me to light it because it would enable her to die. I don't even know if it helped her, but I didn't really have a personal reason to light it or not light it so her wanting that chance seemed as good a reason as any for me to light it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Do what I have been doing! Dark Souls 2, then Dark Souls 3! :D

I start 3 tonight!

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Well it would be a shame to stop at one. I'm looking forward to seeing your playthrough!

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
The main thing putting me off Avengers is the whole grindy GaaS live service thing. Although according to How Long to Beat you can just go through the main missions in about 10-12 hours and ignore a lot of the live service bullshit? I still don't really get how these games work having hard passed on Destiny and never trying Division, Anthem etc

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Waltzing Along posted:

Early on in Sekiro I should just buy spirit emblems, right? Just throw all my sen at those?
If you don't have anything else to spend your money on, sure. Personally speaking, I always seemed to end up collecting more than I used, so I never really bought any, but many people think it's a really good early-game investment because they'll get more expensive later.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Other than a few things like firecrackers, I exclusively buy coin purses early because I suck so bad that it’s probably the best investment someone like me can make.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

VideoGames posted:

Do what I have been doing! Dark Souls 2, then Dark Souls 3! :D

I start 3 tonight!

Holy poo poo you fly through these games when you get going.

Be nice to see 3 as its the only one I've not *REALLY* played and I'm never gonna get round to it lol

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

twistedmentat posted:

What was the deal with this? Early shots especially everyone looked like the Asylum knockoff of the Avengers characters or something, did the designers just stray too far doing their own thing or was there some actual licensing weirdness happening during development or something?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I still believe the most likely explanation is that they didn't license the actor likenesses so everyone has an MCU body and a tweaked face

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Holy poo poo you fly through these games when you get going.

Be nice to see 3 as its the only one I've not *REALLY* played and I'm never gonna get round to it lol

Yeah it is wild to me. I am currently going through my old DS1 videos to make a comp and it took me only 8 sessions to beat DS1 and only 11 sessions to beat DS2. Some days I played two hours and others seven. When I get into something I properly get into it :D

Like when prey sucked me in and I played from start to finished in 29 hours over 3 days. (Was an awesome holiday!)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

VideoGames posted:

Having played the main story, She is great in almost every situation gameplay wise. Most people prefer Cap . Lots of people love Black Widow for being a takedown machine but I could never figure it out.

Iron Man needs you to unlock all his base weapons first to even be functional as his gameplay is about choosing the right weapon for the moment. Kind of a design flaw to make it so you need to gain XP to unlock all of them.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

VideoGames posted:

Yeah it is wild to me. I am currently going through my old DS1 videos to make a comp and it took me only 8 sessions to beat DS1 and only 11 sessions to beat DS2. Some days I played two hours and others seven. When I get into something I properly get into it :D

Like when prey sucked me in and I played from start to finished in 29 hours over 3 days. (Was an awesome holiday!)

Man that's awesome, Prey took me like 6 months, wish i didn't feel so guilty about spending long stretches on games :ohdear:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is ebay a reliable place to get dual shock 3 controllers?

I bought a bunch of games with the store getting shut down but my DS3 is starting to go a bit on the fritz (randomly jumping around the menu screen) and i think the battery is shot.

Edit: Like i've seen a few sellers but the volume of feedback/ratings for them are super low like in the sub 100 which i always assumed was sketchy.

Kin fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 6, 2021

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

From what I've heard, no. A sea of fakes. If their listings imply it's just some rando offloading stuff I might be more likely to trust it, but I don't ebay much.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
A reminder that you can play many PS3 games with a wired DS4.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
And you can play many PS3 games with a wired DualSense too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Rinkles posted:

A reminder that you can play many PS3 games with a wired DS4.

And wireless DS4! I beat Demon's Souls twice with a DS4 (I don't like the DS3 at all).