Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lol at the shag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Lol at the shag.

That carpet is my favorite part. And it was difficult to choose a favorite part.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

That thing has seen horrors the likes of which we can't imagine

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Motronic posted:

That carpet is my favorite part. And it was difficult to choose a favorite part.

8 doors and 6 wheels, FWD with a 425 V-8.

It's like a cartoon come to life, it's too weird to be real.

Elmnt80 posted:

Lotta cocaine and body hair. Wouldn't want to take a blacklight to the interior.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Elmnt80 posted:

It's where the crew of the Event Horizon went to.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

loving idiot

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So is this the length of a GMC RV?

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

PeterCat posted:

Lotta cocaine and body hair. Wouldn't want to take a blacklight to the interior.

"There it goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

PeterCat posted:

Could that bead be from a.... vagazzle?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
why are you responding to a troll post?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I didn't respond to it

[e] That's an automatic response in FB I didn't put that there lol

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I have found an ART.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Haven't seen something that exemplifies both speed and class in awhile.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I like the whitewalls

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

That thing is, to quote Archer, "like rolling probable cause."

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Ror posted:

That thing is, to quote Archer, "like rolling probable cause."

All ashore from SS Daterape!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Didn't know pontiac did a badge engineered aveo. Guess it shouldn't surprise me given the era.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

All that will come off with a magic eraser, just sayin

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Didn't know pontiac did a badge engineered aveo. Guess it shouldn't surprise me given the era.

Apparently this Daewoo was sold as both the Suzuki Swift+ as well as the Pontiac Wave in Canada, and as the Pontiac G3 and Chevrolet Aveo in the US.

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
So I've been looking into buying another classic car lately, and finally decided to just post a wanted ad.

This guy replies with something interesting (a 1969 Mustang coupe) but he seems a little standoffish, a little belligerent both in his other ads and just as a general impression in this chat. He sends me a few extremely tiny, low-res pictures of the car and this is what happened when I asked for some better images.

For reference, here is one of the lovely pictures he deigned to share with me.

Right now I'm counting myself lucky to have not tried to see the car in person. I had some choice words I wanted to share with him after his last message, but decided it wasn't worth the headache so just blocked him instead.

But... why? Just... why?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

"I swear I have it up for sale, honey. Nobody buying. They're all low balling me!"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Is that a rattlecan paintjob? The top of the front right quarter looks odd.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Real Mustang aficionados don't need to look at things.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

What the hell did you think "buying sight unseen off the internet" meant? Pfft, this scrub wanting to have his cake and eat it too.

(I've had similar experiences, if they're not close and unwilling to send quality photos then they're likely trying to hide something and it's not worth the trip to find out exactly what, also, effort in creation of the ad seems to be inversely proportional to the asking price which is annoying)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

What a loving tool. You dodged a bullet there. gently caress 'em and literally don't even think about it.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

What exactly is going on here though

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Bouillon Rube posted:

What exactly is going on here though

Dog butt in an orange coat.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hunting dog, maybe? I think they make blaze orange jackets for hunting dogs for visibility and probably also warmth given how cold it can get during hunting seasons.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Hunting dog, maybe? I think they make blaze orange jackets for hunting dogs for visibility and probably also warmth given how cold it can get during hunting seasons.

Ime people with dark dogs, if they get that dog a coat, will pick high vis colors regardless of whether they hunt. Otherwise the dogs are entirely too stealthy.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Is this a bad Subaru?

2000 Subaru Impreza Coupe
$13k + tax, manual, 180,484 kms

This seems like a bad truck (also I like the typo "sitting along time")

89 jimmy 4x4 convertible v8 5.7 350 , been sitting along time , runs but transmission dosent do anything ( 700r4 ) will need replaced, interior is in great shape but mice have gotten into it and it stinks will need a good cleaning, $2000 obo

I think somebody had one of these sitting around when they noticed the camper van trend:

1986 Toyota Van | Camper Van Conversion with Original Pieces
$12,500.00

Vintage 1986 TOYOTA VAN LE
Kms:: 205,300 km
5 Speed Manual
2.2L Engine EFI

Features::
- Built-in Ice Maker and Cooler
- 1x Sunroof
- 1x Moonroof
- Pull out bed that sleeps up to two people
- Storage under the bed area
- Window covering
- Extra flooring, underlay, insulator.
- Original bench seat and other single seat
- Capping for the seats
- Original carpet.

This van has been converted into a camper van, HOWEVER, there have been no permanent modifications to the body of the van itself. All you need to do to convert back to the original state is undo two tracks that hold down the flooring and remove a seat. At that point you unhook the floor and pull out the plywood. Then lay down the carpet, and reattach the seats. Done.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Those old Blazers/Jimmys are rare as hell now, but that looks like the cancer is terminal.

We almost bought one of those RS's new back in 2000. I really liked it, but we bought a house instead. I think that was prime year for the 2.5s to have headgasket issues.

Seems high to me but I think that gen has a bit of a cult following. They were a good looking car IMHO.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

13k (even in canuck bucks) still seems insane.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

It really does and while the mileage isn't crazy for a 20 year old car, it's not low.

Are they super sought after now or something? :shrug:

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Yes. He will likely get that price for it. Those cars were usually neglected until they rotted to poo poo, and most of the rest were destroyed by ricers. It was the last 2 door Subaru made, and looks a lot like the famous 22B. People are either nostalgic for them and don’t care about the lack of power or want to swap a turbo motor in, so there is high demand and low supply.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Looks like it's got some arch rot already.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Looks like a typical FB Marketplace ad to me. :P

Bajaha posted:

I have found an ART.

I’m just going to assume the “go faster” button is the AC - you turn it off to go faster. That was the literally truth on my coworker’s Toyota Echo (first gen Toyota Yaris for non Americans. Also, Toyota Vitz, I think?)

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Rare and worthless?

Honestly this thing looks nice, TOPAZ IN THE ROUGH

Mercury Topaz
$2,275.00

One owner. 1992 Topaz with only 169,000 km. No rust, well cared for by elderly woman no longer able to drive. This vehicle was kept in the garage throughout the winter and serviced every spring and fall. Good reliable transportation, no issues.. except for the driver's side power window hesitates. Heater warms up great, has tilt steering and cruise controle. Comes with 2 sets of tires. Clean and ready to go

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo
$8,900.00

Kilometers - 144,467

All our vehicles are Mechanically inspected!

Sunroof, New Transmission

Engine: V6 Cylinder Engine 3.8L/231

A dude in Alberta is selling his Suzuki Cappuccino. He does something clever, though: shows how small the Suzuki is by parking it next to a quad.

A '90s BOnnaville is for sale, by someone who kinda evidently doesn't know much about cars:

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
$4,000.00

Kms 158,000

Seeing if there's any interest for my Bonneville SSEi. I'm looking to downsize to a 4 cylinder car. These fuel prices are ridiculous.
The Bonneville needs premium fuel and gets between 19-25mpg city/hwy.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Holy poo poo that Topaz is loving mint. I can't think of the last time I saw one of the Tempo/Topaz twins, let alone one that clean.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Darchangel posted:

Looks like a typical FB Marketplace ad to me. :P

I’m just going to assume the “go faster” button is the AC - you turn it off to go faster. That was the literally truth on my coworker’s Toyota Echo (first gen Toyota Yaris for non Americans. Also, Toyota Vitz, I think?)

It used to be a thing on a lot of underpowered cars...I'm surprised it was still true as late as that. It stopped being a thing as vehicles disabled the AC compressor based on throttle input, so the car was basically pushing the button for you.

The Tempo/Topaz is just a handsome vehicle. I've never wanted to own one, but I like seeing them. It's been a while. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Nebakenezzer posted:

Rare and worthless?

Honestly this thing looks nice, TOPAZ IN THE ROUGH

Mercury Topaz
$2,275.00

One owner. 1992 Topaz with only 169,000 km. No rust, well cared for by elderly woman no longer able to drive. This vehicle was kept in the garage throughout the winter and serviced every spring and fall. Good reliable transportation, no issues.. except for the driver's side power window hesitates. Heater warms up great, has tilt steering and cruise controle. Comes with 2 sets of tires. Clean and ready to go

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo
$8,900.00

Kilometers - 144,467

All our vehicles are Mechanically inspected!

Sunroof, New Transmission

Engine: V6 Cylinder Engine 3.8L/231

A dude in Alberta is selling his Suzuki Cappuccino. He does something clever, though: shows how small the Suzuki is by parking it next to a quad.

A '90s BOnnaville is for sale, by someone who kinda evidently doesn't know much about cars:

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
$4,000.00

Kms 158,000

Seeing if there's any interest for my Bonneville SSEi. I'm looking to downsize to a 4 cylinder car. These fuel prices are ridiculous.
The Bonneville needs premium fuel and gets between 19-25mpg city/hwy.

I don't care for the cappuccino, but the other three cars rock. I would seriously consider any of those cars as a daily driver.