Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Excelzior posted:

lol

could literally be done overnight

Do an objectively good thing that helps the working class more than donors? Ain't nobody got time for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They'd have some more time if they stopped walking slowly and deliberately at cameras all day.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Reminder: legal weed is only for the professional-classes

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

it's going to be incredibly funny when republicans finally wise up and say "sure we'll legalize pot if you vote for us"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
reminder that the Ottawa Treaty banning "landmines" actually only bans anti-personnel mines and still allows for "mixed mines, anti-tank mines, remote-controlled claymore mines, anti-handling devices (booby traps), and other "static" explosive devices"

the US was never a signatory to the Ottawa Treaty, though the Obama administration maintained a veneer of abiding by it... with the exception of within the Korean Peninsula (and keeping in mind that there's still a lot of different kinds of mines allowed by the Treaty)

Trump just overturned even that small gesture

and now Biden won't reimplement even that

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

maybe if they spent less time doing power walk photo ops they'd have time to issue a memo to the fda telling them to stop loving with potheads and seizure patients?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Big brains Kopmala agrees that ditch weed is as bad as heroin

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

it's going to be incredibly funny when republicans finally wise up and say "sure we'll legalize pot if you vote for us"

lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Phone posted:

i wouldn't put too many eggs in that basket, the games #metoo thread violently whiplashes between believing accusations of Youtube Personality A vs Youtube Personality B

that said, there's sometimes a discussion going on and people are attempting to work through how they feel about things which is a massive leg up on d&d writ large lol

They actually do probe the deniers though, and most people there try to at minimum start from the position of "believe women", which is so much better than DnDs position of "well maybe she shouldn't have gone to that media platform if she didn't want to be accused of lying!!" (A person in the metoo games thread did this about a woman going to a subreddit and got probed and yelled at lol).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

ehh it's the GOP

it'll be "Vote for us and we'll make pot legal for white people"

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

just tremendously gross. we are a gross country that is run by gross people.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Excelzior posted:

ehh it's the GOP

that would still win them a ton

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

small chinese child, flying backwards through the air, legs mangled by a loving Claymore : "At least we got that friggin' Cheeto out of the White House"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That landmine stuff is just so disgusting. It makes me see red every time some politican starts talking about kindness or uses some twee meme on twitter.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Out of curiosity, are we envisioning the need for mines because we believe some sort of Red Dawn style invasion of US soil by the Chinese, who will conveniently forget to leave all their minesweeping equipment at home, or are we planning to invade and hold territory in PRC? Cause they're not super necessary if all we're gonna do is send cruisers and carriers just up to the nine-dash-line and wag our dicks at each other.

Eggplant Squire posted:

That landmine stuff is just so disgusting. It makes me see red every time some politican starts talking about kindness or uses some twee meme on twitter.

Having vacationed in both Laos and Sarajevo, I've got to say, two of the most beautiful places I've ever been in and I've literally had a panic attack about leaving a paved road to like, go look at a flower in the woods by the roadside. Real great way to live your whole life in your hometown I can only imagine it makes for very happy well adjusted people, even assuming no one ever has to carry a mangled child to the ER cause he played with an explosive made to look like a toy.

PipHelix has issued a correction as of 16:48 on Apr 6, 2021

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Excelzior posted:

small chinese child, flying backwards through the air, legs mangled by a loving Claymore : "At least we got that friggin' Cheeto out of the White House"

Excuse me but this is surmising the feelings of that mangled child and taking away their agency. You need to Do Better.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Nothus posted:

"...particularly when faced with substantial and potentially overwhelming enemy forces in the early stages of combat."

Translation: China

China's well known military strategy of soldiers charging in waves like trench warfare from a hundred years ago

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/benpershing/status/1379421431281369089

Christ she's deranged. Even her shitbrained logic isn't coherent.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow you potheads only think of yourselves huh? Biden's got better things to do.

*ignores the thousands of black people in prison with felony records for possessing an ounce of weed*

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Fister Roboto posted:

*ignores the thousands of black people in prison with felony records for possessing an ounce of weed*

The whole point of a career in politics is to leave a legacy behind. Why would Biden undo his?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

lol how is a president "too busy" for anything? you have literally unlimited resources, just point to somebody and say "you're in charge of legalizing it dude"

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

DesertIslandHermit posted:

China's well known military strategy of soldiers charging in waves like trench warfare from a hundred years ago

Found this DoD mock-up of what they think a Chinese ground invasion would look like.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

President Biden : I don't give a hot gay gently caress what Congress says

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol that no one is asking Bernie about the kids in cages because it's definitely going to be at least as bad as AOC's non-answers are
no one in the media or politics actually asked aoc about the kids in cages she did it all herself lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

comedyblissoption posted:

no one in the media or politics actually asked aoc about the kids in cages she did it all herself lmao

Actually lmao you're right it was one comment in her stream one time that she kept going off on and doubling down on

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Then Cruz beat her at her own game which caused that meltdown.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

nice deviation from "it's still within the first 100 days!!!"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Phone posted:

nice deviation from "it's still within the first 100 days!!!"

Biden 2024 : "C'mon Jack, it was only his first term!"

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Excelzior posted:

Biden 2024 : "C'mon Jack, it was only his first term!"

A real argument someone made in 2012 was Obama was hamstrung his first term with the need to run for re-election. And by being a lame duck he wouldn't be beholden to anyone, he could just govern his own way and drat the consequences! Voted Alexander/Mendoza cause I'm a racist, apparently.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol that no one is asking Bernie about the kids in cages because it's definitely going to be at least as bad as AOC's non-answers are

Sanders wasn't crying crocodile tears in front of a carpark over them though, I think that's why people took AOC's about face so seriously.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

DesertIslandHermit posted:

That's probably how they think it will go, yes.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Nothus posted:

I can't recall the number of stories I've read since we started the Forever War of military brass running war games, a too-smart-for-his-own-good Lt Colonel pulling some trick play guerilla warfare stuff, completely shutting down the US team, brass declaring a mulligan, and replaying it again with no 'cheating'. And then we eat dogshit for two decades but grind up a lot of civilians which proves our military might is still second to none.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Fister Roboto posted:

i mean, that's specifically why they won't legalize weed. they don't want all those convictions overturned.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Lol

lmao

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/05/opinion/biden-border-wall.html

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loving lmaooooo at the last sentence

https://twitter.com/nognanovich/status/1379459627964850179?s=21

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Excelzior posted:

ehh it's the GOP

That'd win them all the liberals.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Telling corps to stay out of politics but keep paying them seems like a bold strategy. Not sure why they need the GOP when the Democrats are right there but I guess there's value in creating the illusion of choice.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im glad dems are becoming the explicit corporate party instead of the progressive facade party

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

THS posted:

im glad dems are becoming the explicit corporate party instead of the progressive facade party

They are trying to be both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Nothus posted:

command and conquer generals is accurate 21st century strategy, and I am doctor thrax dowsing randos with purple flesh-melting liquids. I encourage everyone to study chinese tactics for the coming 3v3 no rush