Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Eggplant Squire posted:

Telling corps to stay out of politics but keep paying them seems like a bold strategy. Not sure why they need the GOP when the Democrats are right there but I guess there's value in creating the illusion of choice.

it's why there's 30 different flavors of gatorade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

it's why there's 30 different flavors of gatorade

I do wonder if the real power players will get to the point where they say "eh voting was cute but this is the party that's just going to be in control all of the time" and dispence with any illusion of support for public policy, what are you going to do about it get killed at a protest?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Eggplant Squire posted:

They are trying to be both.

tru

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

alarumklok posted:

command and conquer generals is accurate 21st century strategy, and I am doctor thrax dowsing randos with purple flesh-melting liquids. I encourage everyone to study chinese tactics for the coming 3v3 no rush

AK 47s For Everybody!!!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
rip to a real one
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1379467981286207490

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The landmines are for the southern border.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Eggplant Squire posted:

Then Cruz beat her at her own game which caused that meltdown.

This is the second time I can think of that Ted Cruz has caused her to melt down and go mask-off check out that Kennedy intern reveal!. He really has a way of getting under her skin.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1233414601041207296

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol I don't know why this idiot even has a twitter account anymore, the replies are universally negative

https://twitter.com/kyrstensinema/status/1378784434267189254

e: lol

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1378858298921914372

Terminator 2 skeleton exploding gif

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol I don't know why this idiot even has a twitter account anymore, the replies are universally negative

https://twitter.com/kyrstensinema/status/1378784434267189254

e: lol

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1378858298921914372

She's probably one of those awful dems that everyone on Twitter hates and will win her primary by 40% because voters don't care.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Ahh, and yet I see he is choosing not to participate in society!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

drake no: "the parliamentarian says we can't, sorry"
drake yes: "look I've got a lot on my plate here"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

just reading this list made me annoyed loving hell

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Lol look at her little science fair board like there's a baking soda volcano just off camera

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

sexpig by night posted:

only in D&D where a mod can probe you for making them feel a little embarrassed to hide behind 'I INTERVIEWED HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS SO HOW DARE YOU SAY CONCENTRATION CAMP' is it 'pathetic' to put to a physical list the words that you can't say. It's almost as if Main knows the list itself would be loving embarrassing but can't just say that :thunk:

btw elevating the holocaust to this uniquely terrible act actually runs directly counter to the whole "never again" thing and is arguably antisemitic

also the whole democrat party thing is hilarious because they proudly call themselves that in many of their own donation begging emails

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Organ Fiend posted:

This is the second time I can think of that Ted Cruz has caused her to melt down and go mask-off check out that Kennedy intern reveal!. He really has a way of getting under her skin.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1233414601041207296

This may be the most lib thing. Posting a nerd science fair board pic lol.

Just even lamer credential humping.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

btw elevating the holocaust to this uniquely terrible act actually runs directly counter to the whole "never again" thing and is arguably antisemitic

also the whole democrat party thing is hilarious because they proudly call themselves that in many of their own donation begging emails

Yeah I never got that. Thought the point would be to be hyper vigilant for the early stages of something that would lead to another Holocaust. But these people want to wait till the gas chambers are in full swing before “okay now it’s okay to reference the Holocaust to the current situation.”

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Manager Hoyden posted:

Lol look at her little science fair board like there's a baking soda volcano just off camera

To be fair to AOCIA, science fair boards are always embarrassing. It sounds like she actually tried to run an experiment, which is the best you can expect from a high schooler.

The funny part is that Ted Cruz made her so angry that she let slip that she was a Kennedy intern ... a fact that she never brought up in the course of her entire primary campaign. I actually think this tweet was the first place I heard about it.

Then again, to be fair to AOCIA again, Ted Cruz is an expert at getting under people's skin as he is a swarm of parasites in a human skin suit.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Sorry Not Sorry, The Dershow, and No Fun with Jen Kirkman are my podcast recs

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Raccooon posted:

This may be the most lib thing. Posting a nerd science fair board pic lol.

Just even lamer credential humping.

I sure as poo poo wouldn't post a picture of any science fair poster boards I've ever done (if I even had any pictures, lol). poo poo, the stuff I did for my masters makes me cringe.

My best science fair poster board was when I tried to cryogenicly freeze ants and revive them. I bought some dry ice, put the ants in, and then tried to thaw them. The board was basically "uhh ... they died."

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol a framed and hinged wooden trifold board

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Raccooon posted:

Yeah I never got that. Thought the point would be to be hyper vigilant for the early stages of something that would lead to another Holocaust. But these people want to wait till the gas chambers are in full swing before “okay now it’s okay to reference the Holocaust to the current situation.”

Given a time machine they'd go back to like, a year after the Wannsee conference and kill Hitler THEN, because to do it at any other point would be to conflate a couple hundred thousand dead in the camps to that point with 6 million and as everyone knows 10^6 is the the order of magnitude at which the camps where the unwanted races are killed officially graduate to 'concentration' status.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Ted Cruz baiting her into posting her resume was loving :discourse:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

to the "science fair boards are embarassing" crew: wait til you learn what a "poster session" is. You guys gals and nonbinary pals are gonna love it.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

it's going to be incredibly funny when republicans finally wise up and say "sure we'll legalize pot if you vote for us"

that's currently the libertarians who outpace the greens something like 3 to 1 and likely cost trump several states in '16 and maybe the presidency last year

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Good. He got loving stupid with it and tried to cash in on NFTs like a loving moron.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Given a time machine I'm partial to my friend's plan of finding the one ape who's starting to look thoughtfully at the plains and hit that fucker with a rock

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Ruzihm posted:

to the "science fair boards are embarassing" crew: wait til you learn what a "poster session" is. You guys gals and nonbinary pals are gonna love it.

lol like somebody was all "i need a science fair but i refuse to bow down before Big Table"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

PipHelix posted:

Given a time machine they'd go back to like, a year after the Wannsee conference and kill Hitler THEN, because to do it at any other point would be to conflate a couple hundred thousand dead in the camps to that point with 6 million and as everyone knows 10^6 is the the order of magnitude at which the camps where the unwanted races are killed officially graduate to 'concentration' status.

i would go back and assassinate yakub before he creates the white man

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Ruzihm posted:

As a PhD haver, I put many more embarrassingly formatted posters up and tried to explain/defend my methods/conclusions much more disheveledly and hungoveredly than that one. The target is the resume, the woman doing science is the trap.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i would go back and assassinate yakub before he creates the white man

Please and thankyou. I welcome a painless oblivion.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Raccooon posted:

LOL the ADL gets mad if you acknowledge the deaths of Roma, gays, or handicapped in the holocaust, 6 million only please, no more. There are a lot of people out there who's main concern about the holocaust is using it as a cudgel for zionism at it's p sad.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PipHelix posted:

As a PhD haver, I put many more embarrassingly formatted posters up and tried to explain/defend my methods/conclusions much more disheveledly and hungoveredly than that one. The target is the resume, the woman doing science is the trap.

Please and thankyou. I welcome a painless oblivion.

I'm surprised we don't see more Spider-man supervillain origin stories irl

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Ruzihm posted:

I was usually hung over for mine

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

there is no thread with a greater density of intellectuals pretending not to be intellectuals than this one

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm surprised we don't see more Spider-man supervillain origin stories irl

It's basically a self dox, but other than a tenure track position Otto Octavius and I have the same CV. Less so much on the Remote Handling, but that's actually a big push for us right now to stay relevant. Probably gonna have to jack into some VR brazos robos sooner rather than later.

https://www.neimagazine.com/features/featureman-and-machine-remote-handling-at-jet

E: As soon as the powers kick in I solemnly swear to kill the world, and don't worry, I've seen the kind of undergrads <Spiderman College> produces. Meddling kids won't be an issue. And checking Wikipedia to see if they reference the real world university, I just for the first time internalized these facts from the plot:

Harry, who is now head of Oscorp's genetic and scientific research division... Mary Jane becomes engaged to astronaut John Jameson

Everyone remembers being 18 right? When you go to college and start drifting apart from your home town friends, that one buddy who decided to do a gap year taking charge of a corporations' scientific research division and the other one gets engaged to an astronaut?

PipHelix has issued a correction as of 18:27 on Apr 6, 2021

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

LOL the ADL gets mad if you acknowledge the deaths of Roma, gays, or handicapped in the holocaust, 6 million only please, no more. There are a lot of people out there who's main concern about the holocaust is using it as a cudgel for zionism at it's p sad.

lmao yeah even the holocaust museum in DC decided to get pissy about the border recently and got themselves yelled at by a shitload of historians

just a complete 180 on "never again" - a thing they advocated for as recently as 2013:

quote:

The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum made the phrase, in its universal sense, the theme of its 2013 Days of Remembrance, urging people to look out for the "warning signs" of genocide.[11]

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I made a science fair trifold board like that

But twitter didn't exist yet so I never posted about it

Also the science fair was rigged such that the judges changed the scoring literally in the middle of the awarding ceremony just to make sure the team from the provinces won because us city folk kept winning Nationals too often

That shook me out of the idea of meritocracy at a very early age

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I can't tell if all this recent talk from GOP folks is because of the culture warriors becoming so big in the party they're overwritting the pro business bedrock at places, or if the GOP is just so comfortable in their power at this point to start trying to boss companies around to placate the culture warrior aspect.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

alarumklok posted:

command and conquer generals is accurate 21st century strategy, and I am doctor thrax dowsing randos with purple flesh-melting liquids. I encourage everyone to study chinese tactics for the coming 3v3 no rush

American military is utterly defeated after the DoD instates the laser general and then one of our poorly maintained power plants explodes

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
biden won't legalize weed because they are so busy doing...what?

-erase our student loans
-gimme the stimmy
-infrastructure

i remember oba*a pulling the "im too busy" card all the time..what are YOU DOING?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
generals ruled for how much of paper tigers the US generals were