Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

there is no thread with a greater density of intellectuals pretending not to be intellectuals than this one

:smug:
I'm a union construction worker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bideo James posted:

Good. He got loving stupid with it and tried to cash in on NFTs like a loving moron.
he's stopping making comics to make his current comic nfts more valuable

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Raccooon posted:

Yeah I never got that. Thought the point would be to be hyper vigilant for the early stages of something that would lead to another Holocaust. But these people want to wait till the gas chambers are in full swing before “okay now it’s okay to reference the Holocaust to the current situation.”

currently detained migrants were being coated in some sort of stinging antiseptic, so we're working our ways up the rungs to Zyklon-B

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

I do wonder if the real power players will get to the point where they say "eh voting was cute but this is the party that's just going to be in control all of the time" and dispence with any illusion of support for public policy, what are you going to do about it get killed at a protest?

I think that’s already here. It’s basically a tinfoil hat theory, but I think the Democratic Party went to the state and the corporations last election and made a deal that if they were allowed to win the election, they would gladly be the figurehead for both of their interests.

I dunno, ever since Biden got elected, it feels like lately they’re not just manufacturing consent, they’re making it mandatory.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

generals ruled

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm surprised we don't see more Spider-man supervillain origin stories irl

Unfortunately, super-power granting mutation serums/radioactive devices don't exist, so instead of fighting Spider Man on the rooftops, we're relegated to posting with SPIDER HYPHEN MAN on the somethingawful forums.

Truly a wretched fate.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Peter Daou Zen posted:

biden won't legalize weed because they are so busy doing...what?

-erase our student loans
-gimme the stimmy
-infrastructure

i remember oba*a pulling the "im too busy" card all the time..what are YOU DOING?

planning war with china

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

PipHelix posted:

As a PhD haver, ....... tried to explain/defend my methods/conclusions much more disheveledly and hungoveredly

Are you my history professor?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Peter Daou Zen posted:

biden won't legalize weed because they are so busy doing...what?

-erase our student loans
-gimme the stimmy
-infrastructure

i remember oba*a pulling the "im too busy" card all the time..what are YOU DOING?

he could at least de schedule it with the stroke of a pen —— but NOPE too busy!!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BidenTracking/status/1379484980414386180?s=19

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

planning war with china

i cant wait for his inspirational "win one...for the Tripper" speech

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

he could at least de schedule it with the stroke of a pen —— but NOPE too busy!!!

if it's one thing biden knows a lot about its strokes

smh

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

I do wonder if the real power players will get to the point where they say "eh voting was cute but this is the party that's just going to be in control all of the time" and dispence with any illusion of support for public policy, what are you going to do about it get killed at a protest?

they'll probably do it if a 3rd party gets past 10% or so

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I think that’s already here. It’s basically a tinfoil hat theory, but I think the Democratic Party went to the state and the corporations last election and made a deal that if they were allowed to win the election, they would gladly be the figurehead for both of their interests.

I dunno, ever since Biden got elected, it feels like lately they’re not just manufacturing consent, they’re making it mandatory.

Yeah I guess we find out in 2022 if doing nothing but having everyone yelling how awesome it all is means we finally are at the end of history.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Clip-On Fedora posted:

This happens in every single election.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

comedyblissoption posted:

lm,ao

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol that Biden is even letting the CIA liberal cheerleaders at the Daily Beast down

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nothus posted:

Ted Cruz baiting her into posting her resume was loving :discourse:

yeah i'm not sure why her greatest weakness is ted loving cruz but lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the cruelty is the point

like there's no way to see this scenario other than "biden is legitimately an evil person doing evil things for no other reason than to make others suffer" but libs will find a way somehow

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the "I'm too busy" line is especially rich since presidenting is all about delegating. it's not joe, not even kamala, writing executive orders.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

there is no thread with a greater density of intellectuals pretending not to be intellectuals than this one

To be fair, it's way better than the opposite

Tom Guycot posted:

I can't tell if all this recent talk from GOP folks is because of the culture warriors becoming so big in the party they're overwritting the pro business bedrock at places, or if the GOP is just so comfortable in their power at this point to start trying to boss companies around to placate the culture warrior aspect.

Probably a bit of both but mostly the former, though I imagine a lot is corporations playing good cop and proceeding to do nothing about the bad things

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Yinlock posted:

Looking forward to the rerun of 2016 in 2024 or 2028 with AOCIA vs Raphael "The Zodiac" Cruz.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

comedyblissoption posted:

lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Organ Fiend posted:

Looking forward to the rerun of 2016 in 2024 or 2028 with AOCIA vs Raphael "The Zodiac" Cruz.

i would just respond with the pic of him phonebanking for trump, if it comes to a debate i would bring a projector with that as the only slide

but no she's gotta totally lose her poo poo and pry the mask off. all the m4a needling in the world doesn't phase her because she doesn't care about m4a, but call her Liberal Credentials into question and oh baby

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

We're actually in a position now where if we pulled out of Afghanistan it would cause a flood of lawsuits against the government from PMCs for breach of contract. Sorry little Afghani children but your living nightmare has to continue until the one millionth pallet of Rip Its gets delivered to Bagram.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yinlock posted:

yeah same, I never saw that twist coming, it's so perfectly 2021 lmao

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

It’s good that the Biden-Harris administration is focusing on the PANDEMIC instead of you know, helping a bunch of pot heads swap spit easier.

We get it, you’re so privileged that getting your ganj is the only problem in your life, but please for once just imagine the people actually struggling in our society.

The Biden-Harris administration is helping them first so try not to complain about your recreational drugs while there are lives on the line.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I dunno she melted down pretty hard about force the vote and saying people needed to respect the leftist Chain of Command and not think they knew better than the Organizers.

That was when she also let out that great saying gently caress you to your betters is violence line.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

It’s good that the Biden-Harris administration is focusing on the PANDEMIC instead of you know, helping a bunch of pot heads swap spit easier.

We get it, you’re so privileged that getting your ganj is the only problem in your life, but please for once just imagine the people actually struggling in our society.

The Biden-Harris administration is helping them first so try not to complain about your recreational drugs while there are lives on the line.

given that biden's help tends to take the form of death or slave labour, i think the potheads should be grateful he isn't trying to help them

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yinlock posted:

Funhouse mirrors are spooky!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1134166282071412741

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Temporarily embarrassed intellectuals

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Yinlock posted:

i would just respond with the pic of him phonebanking for trump, if it comes to a debate i would bring a projector with that as the only slide

This would spectacularly backfire, as it would remind republican voters that he was one of Trump's most loyal minions after Trump defeated him.

That said, a massive self-own like that would be totally on brand for the person playing "the Hillary" in the 2016 rerun.

quote:

but no she's gotta totally lose her poo poo and pry the mask off. all the m4a needling in the world doesn't phase her because she doesn't care about m4a, but call her Liberal Credentials into question and oh baby

Similarly on brand. I can't wait!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

I dunno she melted down pretty hard about force the vote and saying people needed to respect the leftist Chain of Command and not think they knew better than the Organizers.

she got annoyed yeah but only in a "stop bothering me" kinda way, when cruz calls her credentials into question she gets furious real quick

of course chuds do that constantly but they're the rabble, one of the Betters doing so is a serious threat

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Organ Fiend posted:

This would spectacularly backfire, as it would remind republican voters that he was one of Trump's most loyal minions after Trump defeated him.

That said, a massive self-own like that would be totally on brand for the person playing "the Hillary" in the 2016 rerun.

Similarly on brand. I can't wait!

true, i should add a 1st slide that's ted cruz yelling at trump for making fun of his family, then slide 2 is him phonebanking for trump

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Chud account and source warning, but Biden's DHS head told ICE they might restart building the wall, lol
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1379467659457261573

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Lowest virgin count

Highest proportion of smart people with real jobs

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Euphoriaphone posted:

Chud account and source warning, but Biden's DHS head told ICE they might restart building the wall, lol
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1379467659457261573

"hey our cam-*COUGH COUGH* overflow facilities are fuckin overflowing, maybe we should stop detaining absolutely everyone for no rea-"

"say no more, a BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL will stop those plague-bearers from entering our country"

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Trabisnikof posted:

... the warden said to the pot-jailed inmates left standing after the like, 11th rona outbreak.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Yinlock posted:

I would just have a pic of Cory Chase on the projector so he is too horny to debate me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Raccooon posted:

I would just have a pic of Cory Chase on the projector so he is too horny to debate me.

hell, same