Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Dawgstar posted:

Which episode is that has the skit with the radio that's always tuned to the news that's specifically relevant to the movie?

You're listening to KPLOT...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Wait, so is corn grass or not?!?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Yes, a "corn detasseler". :rolleyes:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

lawns are illegal in wisconsin.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

♫ Rowsdower saves us, and saves all the woooorrrlld ♪

same as this but higher pitched!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ztewn_KwM
Rifftrax put up one of their best riffs, The Guy From Harlem, to Youtube.

I've got TWO REASONS why you should watch this

Also make sure you look out for Big Daddy. He's about six foot tall, blond curly hair, muscles all over the place. But nobody's ever seen him.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Codependent Poster posted:

Also make sure you look out for Big Daddy. He's about six foot tall, blond curly hair, muscles all over the place. But nobody's ever seen him.

That was excellent. Those fight scenes... man.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, that's one of my favorite non-live Rifftrax.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

was Ilya Muromets born 50 years old

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Empty Sandwich posted:

same, but wrt the J&B scotch

J&B was a huge cultural phenomenon in the 1960s and every celebrity seemed to drink it. Maybe all the chainsmoking meant they couldn't actually taste how watery it is.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

J&B was a huge cultural phenomenon in the 1960s and every celebrity seemed to drink it. Maybe all the chainsmoking meant they couldn't actually taste how watery it is.

If you watch any Italian crime movie from the 1970s (aka poliziotteschi), you will notice two things present in every single one of them:

1. A picture of then-president Giovanni Leone in every cop's office

2. Everyone drinks J&B scotch. Everyone.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Gotta say it's an incredibly awkward look when the Twitch stream switches to ads and it plays the one speaking out against anti-Asian racism and then they play one of the myriad Japanese movie episodes, which pretty much all have some flavor of :yikes:racist riffs...

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Codependent Poster posted:

And he always wears bands around his muscles! That's the only thing we can tell you about Big Daddy! Nobody ever SEES him!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Good news:
https://twitter.com/FrankConniff/status/1379132885983199238

Maybe bad news:
https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1379107283196637184

Everyone send Bill your most positive of vibes

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
https://news.yahoo.com/har-mar-superstar-faces-further-035900799.html

I think we might be getting a new version of the theme song if/when we get new episodes of MST3K.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

TL posted:

https://news.yahoo.com/har-mar-superstar-faces-further-035900799.html

I think we might be getting a new version of the theme song if/when we get new episodes of MST3K.

Just get Joel to sing it again

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The version of the theme song for the Netflix seasons was loving terrible anyway.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

The version of the theme song for the Netflix seasons was loving terrible anyway.

I didn't hate it but I definitely wish it had been Jonah singing.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
New Kickstarter starting tomorrow

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Pants shat

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Hell ya.

I know the chances of getting Day and Patton back are not good, but I'd love to see Jonah and the new bots get some more love. That show was really starting to come into its own.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I like Jonah a lot, but if the next official test subject is Emily Marsh, I'm totally on board.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Crazy Ferret posted:

Hell ya.

I know the chances of getting Day and Patton back are not good, but I'd love to see Jonah and the new bots get some more love. That show was really starting to come into its own.

I actually wonder if we might be getting Emily from the live tours as the new host. They seemed to be setting her up for the audience.

e:f;b :mad:

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Who knows if it really means anything (I hope it does), but Jonah, Patton, and Felicia are front and center in the banner image for the new Kickstarter.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Hell yeah. I loved the Netflix seasons and hope they get the majority of that crew on board.

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

PACK-ERS!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Diabolik900 posted:

Who knows if it really means anything (I hope it does), but Jonah, Patton, and Felicia are front and center in the banner image for the new Kickstarter.

Is it just me, or are those more recent pictures of them all? Jonah and Patton especially look more recent.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m curious if it’s going to be on Netflix again or if they’ve found some other platform for the show. Either way this is good news.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I doubt Netflix would pick them up again after canceling them once, but the good news is there a lot more streaming services who could be looking for content than there even were last time around.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Diabolik900 posted:

I doubt Netflix would pick them up again after canceling them once, but the good news is there a lot more streaming services who could be looking for content than there even were last time around.

On the other hand Netflix looks like they're starting to feel the need for Content so who knows.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Netflix bring back Dark Crystal dammit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I actually wonder if we might be getting Emily from the live tours as the new host. They seemed to be setting her up for the audience.

:hmmyes:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Netflix bring back Dark Crystal dammit

I think that one got tanked for being expensive. Happily MST is pretty cheap so it might be feasible.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dawgstar posted:

I think that one got tanked for being expensive. Happily MST is pretty cheap so it might be feasible.

It could honestly be even cheaper.

Ditch all the guys in helmets in the backgrounds of the Mads scenes, and the ones pretending to play instruments before the fake commercial breaks.

They could even do what they did during the Sci-Fi era and have 2 of the Mads be played by the voices of Tom and Crow... 5 actors to pay tops.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Personally I wouldn't mind too much just crowdfunding each new season.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

gently caress yeah!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Personally I think they shouldn't try to go back to the network that funded 6 episodes after a very successful crowdfunded season and then cancelled them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I doubt they’re going back to Netflix anyway if they’re crowdfunding. Might just be something with Shout/Pluto.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I’m stuck in the past and wish Joel/Trace/Frank/Kevin would do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bees x1000 posted:

I’m stuck in the past and wish Joel/Trace/Frank/Kevin would do it.

Sadly I fully see why Joel doesn't want that

He wants the show to outlive him. He doesn't want people tuning in to a bunch of old people