Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

The cover curse is real and the game hasn’t even come out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

He's literally free isn't he?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

He's literally free isn't he?

Giving a guy with a OBP close to pitcher's at bats is an opportunity cost....

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

The virgin Tatis needing surgery to fix his dislocated shoulder vs the CHAD Bellinger just popping that poo poo back in and returning to the lineup next day. I know whose team is winning the division. :v:

This sucks major rear end, feels like Tatis has constantly hampered by injuries and just wanna see the kid rake.
Bellinger also had surgery right after the World Series ended. It delayed the start of his spring but not significantly. The way doctors are talking about Tatis it sounds like he's got more damage because they are projecting a longer recovery time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1379515273431166979

LOL these lineups.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Odor has had a negative WAR since 2018. Why would you take that on?

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Because they're scared of Toronto

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Dude is like the worst player in MLB lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Odor hit 30 homeruns in 2019 and still only had a .721 OPS, he really sells out for homers.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

that's some Dave Kingman poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If Tatis gets surgery now he'll have 22 months to heal and rehab I think that's a good plan

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cashman hasn't done a good job the last few years.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Odor feels like the product of some batting coach who told him he "needs to do a launch angle"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Yankees always get enamored with lefty power which is why they bat Aaron Hicks 3rd lol

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Look what Lebron has wrought

Making boston fans wear piss shirts what a hero

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
drat, Tatis owns and I want to see him mash, even against my team.

Best thing to do is get the surgery now and hope for no lasting effects. Tatis is still young, he can recover.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Rangers/status/1379517714822234117

oh my god

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck the rangers

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

lmao this is incredible content

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

gently caress the rangers but kudos for putting the punch in there, ballsy as gently caress

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

L O L

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
1)you'll hear no argument from me, gently caress the Rangers

2)on the other hand, what else can they put in his farewell tweet? Like....what else does he have?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Rougned did nothing wrong

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Hahahahahahahaha

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lol Acuña just sent Washington's first pitch of the season into the bullpen

(this counts as news)

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

How could you not include the time when he Rougned up Bautista?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Lmbo that’s incredible

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I wonder who eats all the sunk costs like this

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Slimy Hog posted:

How could you not include the time when he Rougned up Bautista?

its in the center of the dam picture

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I wonder who eats all the sunk costs like this

It's probably in Ozzie Albies contract.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Shinjobi posted:

2)on the other hand, what else can they put in his farewell tweet? Like....what else does he have?

should have put in his error five months later that got the Rangers swept out of the ALDS imho

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

bewbies posted:

its in the center of the dam picture

I meant it more as "of course they included it! How could you not!"

It was mostly an excuse to make a "Rougned" pun

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Okay I'm way late to the party but I find it insane theres a whole lounge/restaurant area right behind home plate in Globe Life. Like people milling around and poo poo? I have to imagine pitchers aren't going to like this.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Haven't you ever wanted to pitch inside an Applebee's?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Zack Greinke I think for me is one of the most interesting pitchers out there.

I mean there’s the quotes and Greinke stories, of course, but he threw in the mid-90s in his youth but has now adapted completely to loss of velocity and just lives in the 80s. And gets it done, throwing in the 80s.

Avoiding peoples’ power, working on getting popups and grounders. Talk about a survivor, a crafty veteran.

Then there’s the occasional 60 mph eephus pitch.

e:

https://twitter.com/slangsonsports/status/1377655033651728388?s=21

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 6, 2021

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

This is funny as Hell, but even just thinking about it again makes me roll my eyes at what giant babies the Rangers were about it.

Waiting until the 8th inning of their final game against each other that year to plunk Jose in Bautista's 33rd plate appearance against them? Using a rookie to do it no less - MATT FUCKIN BUSH's 2nd career appearance.

Basically, I'm saying unwritten rules are dumb and the DH is cool and good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MrMojok posted:

Zack Greinke I think for me is one of the most interesting pitchers out there.

I mean there’s the quotes and Greinke stories, of course, but he threw in the mid-90s in his youth but has now adapted completely to loss of velocity and just lives in the 80s. And gets it done, throwing in the 80s.

Avoiding peoples’ power, working on getting popups and grounders. Talk about a survivor, a crafty veteran.

Then there’s the occasional 60 mph eephus pitch.

e:

https://twitter.com/slangsonsports/status/1377655033651728388?s=21

He's like, #1 on the CSW leaderboard for fastballs the last few years despite his average velo being under 89mph.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

He's like, #1 on the CSW leaderboard for fastballs the last few years despite his average velo being under 89mph.

Where can I see CSW leaderboards?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I still lol that Rougned Odor's brother is also named Rougned Odor, as well as their dad, Rougned Odor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

MrMojok posted:

Where can I see CSW leaderboards?

Fangraphs has it

Greinke is 19th if you go from 2017 to 2021

Which would be good for third in his current team's rotation if Verlander were pitching (McCullers is just a teeny bit ahead of Greinke)

Sale is kinda nutty