Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

no patches in sekiro

0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The big appeal for me is getting a version with all the DLC. It is insane how you can't buy full DLC packs for 2 and 3 on consoles (until now)
I have Mass Effect 3 on PS3, Xbox and WiiU already :negative:

this version doesnt even have all the dlc!! gonna miss that pinnacle station house reward vista

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

its okay, i thought that too. been a long 7 years this past april to april.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Arist posted:

The Haruka chapter is probably the longest one, so... hope you enjoy it!

the best one :colbert:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pinnacle station from the first game, they lost the source code

they could decomplie it, theres a lot of poo poo they could have done if they had looked into the modding scene, would have delayed i suppose but whatever. its fitting tho, you couldnt even install or find the dlc on the pc version for the longest loving time.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah it was the most fearless 5 hours of gaming I have ever seen. I probably spent 4-5 hours just clearing to Vordt

its honestly scarey. absolute power. veeg will be beating elden ring before its even released

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

no patches in sekiro

0/10

Looks like he chose Nioh instead when traveling to the east.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

this version doesnt even have all the dlc!! gonna miss that pinnacle station house reward vista

As long as all the story stuff is there then that's fine

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i actually wonder if they'll have the mass effect 4 teaser at the end of 3 now or something. just in case anyone missed that shep is coming back after that ending

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it'll be a screen that just says "please buy Andromeda"

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I got a str/fth guy at the end game and the 2nd dlc. Maybe I should just park him there and wait for everyone. Could start a pyro lady in the meantime.

Dark souls 3 is so good

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The mass effect remaster makes me bummed out. Franchise dead. ya blew it. leave it be.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
More like rear end effect ahaha

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

apparantly people are finding out now that in Homefront The Revolution there is a fully playable 4k version of Timesplitters 2 in it lmaao

https://www.ign.com/articles/timesplitters-2-4k-port-hidden-inside-homefront-the-revolution-but-the-unlock-code-is-lost

but the code was "lost" what the gently caress.

https://twitter.com/bigevilboss/status/1378688148855795719

"However, Phillips says that the game was "fully playable" with the use of an unlock code. And that's where it gets tricky, as Phillips no longer has the notebook where he wrote it down. Even worse, his previous attempts to spread it were shut down. Responding to a fan's request for how to unlock the rest, Phillips said:

"The unlock code has been lost to time, I don't have the notebook with it in any more. I once gave it to a friend to leak in some Discord channel and they called him a liar and banned his account ahahah".

:negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Timesplitters 2 and 3 never getting ported is my biggest gaming tragedy of all time. The co-op is the absolute best ever made.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The sound in that TS2 'port' is all hosed up and reverbed to hell and I hate it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.grac.or.kr/Statistics/Popup/Pop_StatisticsDetails.aspx?0c46e436e5012b190d1d2aa600fdff0fa6c813a6a053e8e5ec12581d53453bb0

turns out the new virtua fighter "esports" game might actually just be a new version vf5 "ultimate showdown"

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Timesplitters was so rear end but i loved it so much, best blunderbuss in videogames

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Timesplitters 2 and 3 never getting ported is my biggest gaming tragedy of all time. The co-op is the absolute best ever made.

With Timesplitters also died the short-lived subgenre of Goldeneye/PD style first-person shooter. Which is a shame, because they were all unique and fun games apart from the mainline FPSes of the time.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
What was the best James Bond FPS outside of Goldeneye? I never played any of them, and I'd be interested in trying one out now.

Everything or Nothing was a total surprise to me when I played it on Xbox, that was a really good 007 game. More recent, Blood Stone on PS3 is also an amazing game. I played it a couple years ago, and was surprised to see a still fairly active online playerbase as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

What was the best James Bond FPS outside of Goldeneye? I never played any of them, and I'd be interested in trying one out now.

Everything or Nothing was a total surprise to me when I played it on Xbox, that was a really good 007 game. More recent, Blood Stone on PS3 is also an amazing game. I played it a couple years ago, and was surprised to see a still fairly active online playerbase as well.

I LOVED Nightfire when I was younger but I was maybe 13 at the time so no idea how well it holds up. Everything or Nothing is a really excellent game.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I know it's on PSNow but I forgot how much digital crack Castlevania Harmony of Despair is.

I actually went back and bought it with all of the DLC on ps3 though because of the input lag but I genuinely thought the game was dead.

It's not as fun solo but it's still bloody good. It's just a shame that in Konamis current state, we'll likely never see a game like this again.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kin posted:

I know it's on PSNow but I forgot how much digital crack Castlevania Harmony of Despair is.

I actually went back and bought it with all of the DLC on ps3 though because of the input lag but I genuinely thought the game was dead.

It's not as fun solo but it's still bloody good. It's just a shame that in Konamis current state, we'll likely never see a game like this again.

yeah ps3 online is quite active, dark souls is still quite populated, you can get summons and invasions and gravelording quite a bit. maybe jim ryan should have played some ps3 online before signing the store kill order.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

current sony hate the ps3 and want everyone to forget about it

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I would love to be a fly on the wall in Jim Ryan's office and just understand exactly what their business strategy is currently. Like, cameras and microphones turned off and put away, and doors are closed. What do they really want to do moving forward? Who are they truly listening to, and who do they care about?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

current sony hate the ps3 and want everyone to forget about it

Same

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

BisterdDave posted:

I would love to be a fly on the wall in Jim Ryan's office and just understand exactly what their business strategy is currently. Like, cameras and microphones turned off and put away, and doors are closed. What do they really want to do moving forward? Who are they truly listening to, and who do they care about?

“Ok so we paid the best actuaries in Tokyo, Manhattan, and Berlin to run the stats with a bunch of different models, and taking the $10,000,000 it would cost to update and maintain the PS3 and VITA storefronts could potentially render upwards of $25 million over the next 5 years but reading more current market trends suggest that liquidating the store and restructuring that money to invest in small indie devs for PS5, PSNow, and PSMobile could lead to over $35 million on the same time table provided only 2 of the studios fail.”

or something similar. Billion dollar transnational corporate entities don’t make any single decision without the math, they are purely data driven when it comes to finance, which how you end up with the PS3 store thing or when Microsoft tried to double the price of Xbox live for no reason a few months ago. The data showed that we’d pay for it, the actual response showed “oh no one will buy Xbox live if everyone hates Xbox for being too expensive with no good games to play” so now they are fixing both things.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

“gently caress Japan, all they care about is switch. If Japan Studio doesn’t have an Animal Crossing killer on my desk by Friday they’re all fired”

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Bust Rodd posted:

“Ok so we paid the best actuaries in Tokyo, Manhattan, and Berlin to run the stats with a bunch of different models, and taking the $10,000,000 it would cost to update and maintain the PS3 and VITA storefronts could potentially render upwards of $25 million over the next 5 years but reading more current market trends suggest that liquidating the store and restructuring that money to invest in small indie devs for PS5, PSNow, and PSMobile could lead to over $35 million on the same time table provided only 2 of the studios fail.”

or something similar. Billion dollar transnational corporate entities don’t make any single decision without the math, they are purely data driven when it comes to finance, which how you end up with the PS3 store thing or when Microsoft tried to double the price of Xbox live for no reason a few months ago. The data showed that we’d pay for it, the actual response showed “oh no one will buy Xbox live if everyone hates Xbox for being too expensive with no good games to play” so now they are fixing both things.

Yeah, pretty much hit the nail on the head in regards to what's most likely going on. I've always seen businesses as a pendulum, swinging hard one way or the other depending on how much they're "winning". On one end you have listening and appealing to the consumers and what they want, and on the other end you have internal data and what shareholders want. You saw it last generation with Microsoft, where they were in one of the worst spots at the beginning, and dropped what they thought was a good idea and instead started listening to the fans and what customers really wanted.

That loving Sned posted:

“gently caress Japan, all they care about is switch. If Japan Studio doesn’t have an Animal Crossing killer on my desk by Friday they’re all fired”

This truly makes me sad, I'm gonna miss Japan Studio. Puppeteer is still on my backlog, gonna have to dive into that sometime soon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BisterdDave posted:

Shareholders

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Ape Escape is better than animal crossing

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm extremely here for the ME remaster

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Perhaps I will finally play the Mass Effect games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

2 is very very good. I played that before one and it was very hard going back to that when it finally came to PS3. I hope this remaster makes it more like the others.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Perhaps I will finally play the Mass Effect games

They’re good and fun, OP.

I also haven’t touched them in, at minimum, 7 years, and I never even played 3, so it’s gonna be a really fun walk down memory lane.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They're playing with fire by messing with the signature feature of ME1 and making the Mako less terrible

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

They’re good and fun, OP.

I also haven’t touched them in, at minimum, 7 years, and I never even played 3, so it’s gonna be a really fun walk down memory lane.

I only played ME 1 and 2 on my 360 and I loved them. I own 3 on PC and I've been putting it aside for too long but I'd totally replay the first two on PS4 again before ME3.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

I LOVED Nightfire when I was younger but I was maybe 13 at the time so no idea how well it holds up. Everything or Nothing is a really excellent game.

I also loved Nightfire and it had a decent multiplayer too!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have played all of Mas Effect 1 2 and 3 on PC about three times, with the same character all the way through.

I played ME1 also on Xbox360 first and PS3 later.

Love those games and love ME3 the most, but for reasons I explained last night. 3 is the best to me because it has 1 and 2 as its foundation. I would not enjoy the game and the storylines as much if they were not built upon everything I experienced previously.

I will definitely play through the legendary edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

haveblue posted:

They're playing with fire by messing with the signature feature of ME1 and making the Mako less terrible

I got so good at angling and bouncing that weightless POS to get that last little artifact from the dozenth randomly generated terrain planet

I loved ME1 so much that in the hype for ME2's release a week or so away I did a full second playthrough, then just restarted and did a full third playthrough in the span of like three days, every one of them competionist, so I'd have a full paragon, full renegade and neutral-ish 'canon' save ready to go

RIP ever caring that much about a video game ever again