Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Like an MLB player learning their highschool team unbanned them and they could come back if they want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Kamala being resigned to water wars is a nice peak behind the curtain

What? Me worry?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

Kamala being resigned to water wars is a nice peak behind the curtain

What? Me worry?

not even resigned, eagerly awaiting

finally, the war of the future

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

what’s the big deal about the water wars video? everyone knows , who cares.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

joepinetree posted:

There was a post that argued that, because Seattle University was not top 100 in law school rankings, it was totally possible that Reade just lied her way into law school.

I think it's pretty cool how if you check the post history of any QCS D&D crusader, literally any single one, just absolutely any of those guys, you'll find they all made a bunch of posts "just asking questions" about Reade and more often than not just kept calling her a lying slut until the mods finally had to tell them to calm down.

mysteriously few probes for that behavior though! very odd!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That's why we don't have time to legalize weed, too busy planning our water offensive

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

They're supposed to bullshit about it a bit or act like they care

Kind of nice just to have the honest "gonna be poo poo, gently caress you, got mine" imo

I hope her step daughter hand knits uniforms for the tr00ps

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

can't wait to attack pirates on my combat jetski

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
More succ harvesting from the cursed images thread

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I think it's pretty cool how if you check the post history of any QCS D&D crusader, literally any single one, just absolutely any of those guys, you'll find they all made a bunch of posts "just asking questions" about Reade and more often than not just kept calling her a lying slut until the mods finally had to tell them to calm down.

mysteriously few probes for that behavior though! very odd!

helps when at least one mod agrees with the question askers

course it eventually got so bad that even the admins had to tell them to cut that poo poo out, which is why there's a (extremely reluctantly-allowed) thread for it now

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1379842225522216961?s=20

Is she the only person left among the Dems doing even these mild criticisms of the Biden administration?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Excelzior posted:

can't wait to attack pirates on my combat jetski

can't wait to be a pirate on my combat jetski

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Anti-Succ coming from St. Louis

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1379624765518966786

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Organ Fiend posted:

apparently that's photoshopped and from China?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

docbeard posted:

Is she the only person left among the Dems doing even these mild criticisms of the Biden administration?

they're still working on ironing out the last scraps of her empathy, give them time

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just remembered people arguing that Tara Reade's story couldn't have been true because allegedly "come on man!" wasn't a catchphrase in the 90s

Makes me sick

The Tara Reade debacle was the final crack ping of me realizing liberals are just as bad as chuds. The cynical way I saw some goons instantly throw the me too poo poo away was genuinely disgusting.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

docbeard posted:

Uh actually, it’s paused! Except for the parts that are not paused, it is completely paused!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/04/06/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-april-6-2021/

quote:

Q Another quick one about the border. The DHS Secretary is reportedly looking to finish some gaps in the southern border. How does that fit with President Biden’s day one executive order to stop border wall construction?

MS. PSAKI: Well, wall construction remains paused, to the extent permitted by law. So some has already been funded through a congressional authorization and funding allocation. But as agencies develop for a plan — it’s paused while agencies are developing a plan for the President on the management of the federal funds.

When the administration took office, as you referenced, funds had been diverted from congressionally appropriated military construction projects and other appropriated purposes toward building the wall. And wall construction was being challenged in multiple lawsuits — and for much of the wall, I should say; not all of it — by plaintiffs who allege serious environmental and safety issues.

Under those circumstances, federal agencies are continuing to review wall contracts and develop a plan to submit to the President soon.

It is — it is paused. There is some limited construction that has been funded and allocated for, but it is otherwise paused.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

docbeard posted:

She's like the last ok congressperson. Not gonna throw a parade for her but she's at least still making some noise. I'll bump her up to good when she actually threatens to pull her vote.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Organ Fiend posted:

Getting extremely mad at this photoshopped image to own the libs

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

joepinetree posted:

There was a post that argued that, because Seattle University was not top 100 in law school rankings, it was totally possible that Reade just lied her way into law school.

I remember that. It was a bad post, and also stupid

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This all does beg the question of why exactly China does care so much about holding on Xinjiang. Is it particularly important to them economically? Would they stop being the power they are without it? Looking at a map I highly doubt it. Or is it the precedent that it would set towards other regions they worry may be getting ideas? I certainly wonder whether it may have been more savvy for them to give it a huge amount of autonomy and full religious/cultural freedoms (including or just short of formal independence) while retaining it firmly within Beijing's sphere of influence. The Hong Kong/Macau approach, maybe.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

sexpig by night posted:

This all does beg the question of why exactly China does care so much about holding on Xinjiang. Is it particularly important to them economically? Would they stop being the power they are without it? Looking at a map I highly doubt it. Or is it the precedent that it would set towards other regions they worry may be getting ideas? I certainly wonder whether it may have been more savvy for them to give it a huge amount of autonomy and full religious/cultural freedoms (including or just short of formal independence) while retaining it firmly within Beijing's sphere of influence. The Hong Kong/Macau approach, maybe.

Sir this is a pf changs

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Trabisnikof posted:

Uh actually, it’s paused! Except for the parts that are not paused, it is completely paused!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/04/06/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-april-6-2021/

Jen Psaki is as emblematic of the lib west wing aesthetic supremacy as Kayleigh Mcenany was of the trumpist white supremacy.

Yanno who I miss? Spicer. He was a monster, but he came from the Easter Bunny costume and could sometimes be seen to be visibly scared out of his wits. Remember when he hid in the bushes to get away from reporters? Psaki would never get rattled like that, lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

it was still pretty close despite all that happened

liberals have memory-holed their breathless predictions of biden taking texas & florida, lol.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

liberals have memory-holed their breathless predictions of biden taking texas & florida, lol.

lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Willa Rogers posted:

remember when liberals expected not just a Reagan-esque absolute blowout but also a massive coattail effect leading to supermajorities in both chambers

anyway we barely squeaked by a win and actually lost a poo poo ton in the house, I'm sure we'll be fine once the visceral trump disgust isn't a factor for motivating voters to ignore how lovely we are.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

Jen Psaki is as emblematic of the lib west wing aesthetic supremacy as Kayleigh Mcenany was of the trumpist white supremacy.

Yanno who I miss? Spicer. He was a monster, but he came from the Easter Bunny costume and could sometimes be seen to be visibly scared out of his wits. Remember when he hid in the bushes to get away from reporters? Psaki would never get rattled like that, lmao

Sarah Huckabee Sanders' open contempt for everyone was kind of a breath of fresh air but my favorite was Stephanie Grisham who just literally did nothing whatsoever for ten months.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

lol just utterly baffled why a contemporary state wouldn't shed territory/sovereignty without cause. i just dont loving get it!!???

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

copy posted:

lol just utterly baffled why a contemporary state wouldn't shed territory/sovereignty without cause. i just dont loving get it!!???

look it's not like that region is a major part of China's global trade agenda or anything, they can afford to just completely cede authority to...

I'm not even sure who they'd put in charge but boy am I gonna assume whoever it'd be wouldn't be a champion of western liberalism like these people imagine!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

as an STL resident, she’s got her own issues and has an online following that can best be described as Harris-esque. the mayoral race was between two left-ish women and Jones leaned heavily on idpol in a lot of her campaigning as her opponent was white. it’ll be interesting to see how she goes.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

look it's not like that region is a major part of China's global trade agenda or anything, they can afford to just completely cede authority to...

I'm not even sure who they'd put in charge but boy am I gonna assume whoever it'd be wouldn't be a champion of western liberalism like these people imagine!

I will be literally snidely whiplash. I will only except cartoon answers to cartoon questions.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

Xinjiang provisional governor Rahm Emmanuel addresses his grateful nation.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

docbeard posted:

Considering his talent for covering up human rights abuses this is actually a good pick. drat

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

the dalai lama

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

copy posted:

Considering his talent for covering up human rights abuses this is actually a good pick. drat

Wasn't he actually up for a diplomatic post in China, too, at one point? (My position at the time being that I don't want him to have any government job but one that gets him as far from the US as possible would be an acceptable compromise.)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

paul_soccer12 posted:

the dalai lama

is an op

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

docbeard posted:

the camps are staying open but somehow are now only filled with black teenagers

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

KomradeX posted:

I don't believe a single stat they've put out about the vaccine roll out

I never believe any stats. As Mark Twain famously said...

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

nooooo wayyyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

we've already got the head of the East Turkestan Democrats and East Turkestan Republicans ready to deploy