Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was interviewing for a job in the cruise industry back in 2018/19 (would have been in corporate) and man I'm glad that didn't work out. Cruises are very fun but are basically an environmental disaster with sketchy human rights potential violations with all the immigrant labor used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kinda lovely he gets no royalties.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Oooooff goddamnit, this is the canine equivalent of casting ScarJo as the Major in Ghost in the Shell

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahaha what the hell

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1379515586795999233?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That Cascadia dvd deal is so awful. He sells them on ebay 3 for $86!

Also those dvds are shot in 7k so you know it's good:

[/quote]This documentary, shot in spectacular 7k, uncovers the truth and scientific research of the looming disaster at hand on the Pacific Northwest coast. With unseen underwater footage of the main volcanic vent in Yellowstone Lake, extensive aerial footage of the Cascade volcanos, and intense interviews with acclaimed scientists, we get the true story.[/quote]

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Does that chyron advertising different ways to give him money stay on the screen for the entire program?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Does that chyron advertising different ways to give him money stay on the screen for the entire program?

That’s how these things work.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1349073493112066056?s=20

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Have we ever seen Jim Bakker and Frank Oz in the same room?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The thing I've just realized after like 30 years of knowing who Jim Bakker is is that his name isn't Jim Baker.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That’s how these things work.

I know I'm not the target audience, but having that taking up so much real estate on the screen and cycling through the same poo poo over and over just removes any legitimacy from anything anyone says, imo

It looks like QVC, although the venn diagram of people who watch Jim Bakker and QVC is probably pretty close to a circle, so maybe they don't care.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I know I'm not the target audience, but having that taking up so much real estate on the screen and cycling through the same poo poo over and over just removes any legitimacy from anything anyone says, imo

It looks like QVC, although the venn diagram of people who watch Jim Bakker and QVC is probably pretty close to a circle, so maybe they don't care.

He does entire episodes that revolve around the end of the world and why you need to buy his buckets of slop.

Oh hey, an excuse to post one of my favorite Youtubes ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Kalli posted:

The thing I've just realized after like 30 years of knowing who Jim Bakker is is that his name isn't Jim Baker.

I haven't thought about Bloom County in a decade. Gat drat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It's like how e-mail scammers intentionally put in typos so they don't waste time responding to people too smart to fall for their grift.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ehud posted:

He does entire episodes that revolve around the end of the world and why you need to buy his buckets of slop.

The man who discovered the Bloodmoon!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

When you see a word a bunch of times but never really think about what it meant. 'Viva il coltello' indeed

https://twitter.com/WhoresofYore/status/1379805188354084872

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

That Cascadia dvd deal is so awful. He sells them on ebay 3 for $86!

Also those dvds are shot in 7k so you know it's good:

quote:

This documentary, shot in spectacular 7k, uncovers the truth and scientific research of the looming disaster at hand on the Pacific Northwest coast. With unseen underwater footage of the main volcanic vent in Yellowstone Lake, extensive aerial footage of the Cascade volcanos, and intense interviews with acclaimed scientists, we get the true story.

I for one look forward to when the sandy ground around my feet near the Willamette River turns liquid.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I got my first Pfizer vaccine. Someone near me walked out after hearing it was that one.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

bobjr posted:

I got my first Pfizer vaccine. Someone near me walked out after hearing it was that one.

Smartest person in that room imo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

bobjr posted:

lol why

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Today I learned that Francois Petit, the actor who played Sub-Zero in the Mortal Kombat movie, is the same Francois Petit who was a doctor and massage therapist for the WWF / WWE.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

bobjr posted:

Sounds like a dumb motherpfucker

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ehud posted:

She told me that the way she feels (spending every waking moment wanting to die because of her grief) is actually normal and I just don't understand because I never lost a child.

First off, I’m sorry that you have to deal with all that poo poo, my family annoys me and thinking about them sometimes keeps me up at night, but I get along with my parents and can generally enjoy their company.

For some completely useless perspective from an internet stranger, my brother died over a decade ago at 22 and it absolutely destroyed my mom and hosed her up for years. She eventually used her grief as motivation to start a Compassionate Friends chapter in our area which is a support group for parents who’ve lost their kids. She eventually worked through her grief as the rest of us did and now she’s retired and living her best life kayaking around with pals and stuff. My parents used to be pretty religious and went to church every Sunday but now they hardly give a poo poo about any of that anymore.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I like to just smile serenely thinking about all the Moderna recipients. Okay sure, yep, you people are "vaccinated", same as me with the Pfizer, yep.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Timby posted:

Today I learned that Francois Petit, the actor who played Sub-Zero in the Mortal Kombat movie, is the same Francois Petit who was a doctor and massage therapist for the WWF / WWE.

is that the same guy Mick Foley mentions in his book? "Meek meek, I can feex eet" or something like that?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

JPrime posted:

is that the same guy Mick Foley mentions in his book? "Meek meek, I can feex eet" or something like that?

Yep. He's also seen in Beyond the Mat, stitching Foley up and comforting his kids after The Rock used a steel chair as a meat tenderizer on him at the 1999 Royal Rumble.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

He also tried to involve himself in the EMTs trying to save Owen Hart's life after he fell from the rafters despite the EMTs trying to get him to go away and let them work

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Want the JJ.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I'm so glad my idiot boomer parents are just regular Kennedy Democrats. My mom is a real churchy Catholic who grew up wealthy, but she was also a high school language teacher for decades, so she's pro-union. She's pretty staunchly pro-life but not at all anti birth control.

I'm so sorry to all my TFF bros who have Trumpy parents. Y'all can borrow my slightly distant, fancy lady mom who will ask you 30,000 questions while feeding you endless small portions of healthy snacks until you tell her stop

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FizFashizzle posted:

Want the JJ.

Speaking of...

quote:

The new side effect listing in the EU will only make things more difficult for AstraZeneca. And it’s also likely to cast a shadow over the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, which is authorized in the US and elsewhere and uses the same design as AstraZeneca’s vaccine.

Both vaccines use an adenovirus vector. Adenoviruses are common viruses that can cause cold-like infections and other mild illnesses in people. For vaccine delivery, they’re engineered so they can’t replicate in cells or cause disease, but they can deliver to cells the genetic code of a more dangerous germ. In the case of the COVID-19 vaccines, the engineered adenoviruses deliver the code of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, which adorns the outside of the virus’s particle. The spike protein is what SARS-CoV-2 uses to grab onto human cells and get inside—and it’s a key target for potent antibodies and other immune responses. Once the adenovirus vector delivers the code for the spike, our cells can make their own versions of the protein and use it to train immune responses that will recognize and destroy the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

A potential pitfall of adenovirus-based vaccines is that adenoviruses can also bind to platelets and cause problems. In fact, some pre-pandemic data has suggested that adenoviruses can activate platelets and lead to low platelet counts. But the connection between this and the vaccine and the mechanism causing the blood clotting in vaccinees needs far more data to understand.

Still, the side effects seen in AstraZeneca’s vaccine raise worries about Johnson & Johnson’s. During the clinical trials of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, there was an early sign of an increased risk of these blood-clotting conditions in vaccinated people, Peter Arlett, head of data analytics at the EMA, said in a press briefing Wednesday. But the link was never confirmed, he added.

Of the approximately 4.5 million people who have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine worldwide, there have been three reported cases of blood-clotting events similar to those seen in people given the AstraZeneca vaccine, Arlett said. These numbers are “extremely small,” he emphasized. “This is, however, under close scrutiny... I think it would be fair to say there’s intensive monitoring of this issue across the vaccines.”

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

bobjr posted:

A possibility is that they're allergic to one of the components (three-letter acronym, can't remember it for anything right now) in both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. My sis-in-law can only take the J&J version that doesn't have that component. She had to walk out of her first vaccine appointment because the clinic she was at ran out of J&J and switched to Moderna. They thought no one would notice or care so they made the change without telling anyone. Sis noticing the label at the last minute was what saved her from winding up in anaphylactic shock.

I'm sure the truth is that some hack said that Pfizer's got more dead babies or mercury in their vaccine or something.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My mom is great. Dad is great too but it's kinda binary. Like he's rough around the edges and tough to deal with sometimes but he's loving and not at all Trumpy.

Kinda glad I had a good family growing up because my social life suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Want the JJ.

A CRNA bud of mine abstained from mRNA in favor J&J and I still don’t understand why. He felt strongly it’d be more efficacious. Without yknow, evidence.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao the AstraZeneca vaccine.

LeeMajors posted:

A CRNA bud of mine abstained from mRNA in favor J&J and I still don’t understand why. He felt strongly it’d be more efficacious. Without yknow, evidence.

The guy has literally never had virology or genetics.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quiet Feet posted:

My mom is great. Dad is great too but it's kinda binary. Like he's rough around the edges and tough to deal with sometimes but he's loving and not at all Trumpy.

Kinda glad I had a good family growing up because my social life suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Oh hey! fellow Massian. I almost forgot, but I stumbled on this the other day, it's been useless for me, since I don't hit the criteria so far, but it's a bot that tweets open vaccine appointments in the state:

https://twitter.com/vaccinetime

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ehud posted:

Oh, no, you're not BUYING anything.

You're giving a suggested DONATION and as a free gift, hes nice enough to send you something.

Because if you buy it, that's taxable. But church donations are free, friend!

End religion before cruises, but they can be juuuust after.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kalli posted:

Oh hey! fellow Massian. I almost forgot, but I stumbled on this the other day, it's been useless for me, since I don't hit the criteria so far, but it's a bot that tweets open vaccine appointments in the state:

https://twitter.com/vaccinetime

Thanks! Wife and I just got our appointments but I'll pass this along to my friend on the Cape who's been eager to get it done. :)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Oh, no, you're not BUYING anything.

You're giving a suggested DONATION and as a free gift, hes nice enough to send you something.

Because if you buy it, that's taxable. But church donations are free, friend!

End religion before cruises, but they can be juuuust after.

Just end their tax deductible status. That would fix a good chunk of the problems with American Evangelicals.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Brexit may have just kickstarted the Troubles in Northern Ireland again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Brexit may have just kickstarted the Troubles in Northern Ireland again

Oh is that what that video of a bunch of pasty white dudes firebombing a gate was