Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's weird to shift focus from the Athletics to the Angels as the main contender for the Astros. I dunno how to feel about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

skaboomizzy posted:

Pirates had a position player pitch last night in a 14-1 loss.

The Pirates have at least won a game. The A's meanwhile have a run differential of -37 after six games.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

Man, Kershaw owned the A's last night. 7 innings, 4 baserunners, 1 run. Seems like every year he has a few bad starts, or his back acts up, and people start writing him off, and then he just keeps on dominating.
Last night he threw the slider more than the fastball (48% vs 37% of his pitches). 16 of the 21 whiffs he got came on the slider. He's been trending in this direction for several years, but this is the first season of his career where the slider usage has overtaken the fastball usage.

He definitely seems to have accepted the reality of his physical decline and is actively adjusting his approach to compensate now. There was a bit of time there where he was being kinda stubborn about it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LeeMajors posted:

My teams are a combined 0-10

:toot:

:emo:

"Teams"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

chglcu posted:

The Pirates have at least won a game. The A's meanwhile have a run differential of -37 after six games.

They're on an upswing. Last night's game was the first time they actually managed to at one point have the lead, scoring a single run in the bottom of the first before coughing it back up in the second.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I just saw that the vile Washington nationals have given covid to the beefy lad.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I just saw that the vile Washington nationals have given covid to the beefy lad.

I believe Lester’s out too

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
apparently there's something in springer's quad now, according to the mr. eye machine

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AlbaneseLaura/status/1379879434589765637

What the Yankees do with Judge's contract is going to be fascinating.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

skaboomizzy posted:

Pirates had a position player pitch last night in a 14-1 loss.

The A's had a position player pitch on Sunday where he gave up his first career hit before recording his first career hit

I wonder if that's ever happened before to a non-pitcher

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lol
https://twitter.com/vincebaseball/status/1379887993029152769?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/AlbaneseLaura/status/1379879434589765637

What the Yankees do with Judge's contract is going to be fascinating.

Pay it ?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

lol get hosed

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Ahahahah please let something come of this

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Broke: corked bats
Woke: corked balls

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He's a FA after next year. Can you give a guy who is hurt as much as he is 350mm?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I wouldn't give Judge a huge deal but it's not my decision

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

He's a FA after next year. Can you give a guy who is hurt as much as he is 350mm?

Oh future contract

I think he’d accept a short term prove it deal ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Like 3/100?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
TIL that Jeremy Hefner is the Mets pitching coach which makes him the first coach (that I know of) who I remember when he was playing

man I'm getting old

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

euphronius posted:

Like 3/100?

That is super team friendly. Who knows.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Lol

https://twitter.com/SFGiants/status/1379898182843265025

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Texas Rangers are :siren::siren:.500:siren::siren:!!!!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

mcmagic posted:

In addition to his injury history, he also has a body type that really doesn't project to age well. Officially, he weighs 282 pounds but he looks heavier than that, and at six-foot-seven and a few weeks shy of 29 years old, he's getting near the point that carrying a lot of extra weight on his frame is going to make compression fracture(s) in his spine a very real possibility and concern. Obviously gently caress ownership and labor should get paid, but if I were a GM, I'd be leery of signing him to anything longer than three or four years, just because of the very valid possibility that his body starts being held together with toothpicks, chewing gum and the blood of the wretched and the damned.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Timby posted:

In addition to his injury history, he also has a body type that really doesn't project to age well. Officially, he weighs 282 pounds but he looks heavier than that, and at six-foot-seven and a few weeks shy of 29 years old, he's getting near the point that carrying a lot of extra weight on his frame is going to make compression fracture(s) in his spine a very real possibility and concern. Obviously gently caress ownership and labor should get paid, but if I were a GM, I'd be leery of signing him to anything longer than three or four years, just because of the very valid possibility that his body starts being held together with toothpicks, chewing gum and the blood of the wretched and the damned.

The Yankees already have a similar guy (though not as good as Judge) signed for the next billion years. Also he's by far the most popular player since Jeter and the fanbase will riot if they trade him.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
It's a lovely position to be in because he is too good to just let leave, people would get super mad if you trade him, but there are a bunch of red flags about giving him more than like 4 years and if I was him I wouldn't take a deal like that

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Judge is like a megastar in NY and no one knows his medical history better than the Yanks. If they didn't want to sign him I imagine that would tank his value and force him to take whatever team offers him the biggest deal. It seems like a scenario where both parties would work to make something happen but I dunno.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What other team is paying him ? The Yankees seem to have some leverage to me

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Timby posted:

See: Dunn, Adam

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
He's gonna play 150+ next year and OPS+ 170 and get a monster deal from... the Angels.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I put a new Pirates intro video together for AT&T SportsNet for 2021, figured they could use some pro bono work

https://i.imgur.com/7aL1cQn.mp4

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 7, 2021

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I mean, the Yankees should just fuckin' pay the man. They have the money and he's an icon in NY. Sure, signing him for like 6/210 is gonna be like a 50m overpay given his health and age, but again, you're the loving Yankees.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonahloeb/status/1379893029235011584

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
goddammit https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1379919464582541314?s=21

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

habeasdorkus posted:

I mean, the Yankees should just fuckin' pay the man. They have the money and he's an icon in NY. Sure, signing him for like 6/210 is gonna be like a 50m overpay given his health and age, but again, you're the loving Yankees.
TBH they really haven't been the same Yankees since George died

His kids have little interest in writing blank checks

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

My brain just sort of inserted this "boink!" sound when it bounced. Or like, the GameCube startup sound?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers blew it to the notably horrible Oakland A's today, coughing up a run in the 9th and 10th while the offense stranded too many to count.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Thom P. Tiers posted:

He's gonna play 150+ next year and OPS+ 170 and get a monster deal from... the Angels.

Who will go 72-90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just coming in to say gently caress the Cubs.

That is all.