Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hey everyone I made another minecraft modpack! This one is called "Escape from Raxla" and its based on a D&D game I ran last month. You are trapped on the interplanar planet of Raxla and you must try to build a portal to escape! This is basically a major rework of my old pack "Escape from Trantor", designed to make the world more dense with content. You will be assaulted by all kinds of weird mutant creatures battling for control of this ruined world.

This is a deadly world full of monsters! It will be a challenge to survive. You can hit the ' key to bring up a quest menu with some starting gear and the quests you need to complete to "win". You can also hit the . key to bring up a map that lets you make bookmarks and teleport (you will need to abuse this!) Have fun this is my personal mod pack, its very messed up and I configured all the mods to be 10x normal

Escape from Raxla
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hikkgk04toywmko/Escape+from+Raxla.zip/file
Make sure you select "Lost Cities" and "Raxla" when you make a new world!

quote:

Mod List
Actually Additions
Animalium
Aqua Creepers
Artifacts
Avaritia
Backpack
Battle Towers
Baubles
Better Builders Wands
Biomes o Plenty
Bloodmoon
Deadly Monsters
Dimensional Doors
Doomlike Dungeons
Ender Storage
Epic Siege Mod
Extra Golems
FTB Quest
General Disasters
Grimoire of Gaia
Infernal Mobs
Invantory Tweaks
Jei
Journey Map
Labrynths
Lootbags
Lost Cities
Mean Mobs
More Creeps and Weirdos
Not Enough Wands
Open Blocks
Ore Excavation
Portal Gun
Project E
Xenos Reliquary
Roguelike Dungeons
Rough Mobs
Ruins
Tombstones
Twisted Tweaks

Screens

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Mycroft Holmes posted:

In GT:NH, how do I get oreberries to grow?

Crop sticks (initially made with long sticks + string, long sticks coming from using a file on a wood block. Later wood blocks in lathe, long sticks in assembler). They require darkness and hurt you once they grow to a certain stage. I usually build my base up a flight of stairs hovering over a river, and use the river surface as an oreberry farm with a pipe-maze ceiling.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Don't go too hard in the paint on oreberries. You can get enough aluminium to stumble through to MV from ore gravel alone.

I have to disagree. Oreberries can be scaled as far as you care to, and can be processed fairly easily by making a huge smeltery.

I like to put my oreberry farm underground, via a ladder in an easy to access place like directly under my house. I use planks to prevent mob spawns and put blocks above the crop sticks to prevent myself from walking onto the oreberries and hurting myself. Redstone torches provide enough light to see without hindering oreberry growth.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

I have to disagree. Oreberries can be scaled as far as you care to, and can be processed fairly easily by making a huge smeltery.

I like to put my oreberry farm underground, via a ladder in an easy to access place like directly under my house. I use planks to prevent mob spawns and put blocks above the crop sticks to prevent myself from walking onto the oreberries and hurting myself. Redstone torches provide enough light to see without hindering oreberry growth.

For oreberries other than aluminum, sure, go nuts. It's the aluminium ones that most people tend to beeline towards, though, and it's a big timesink to bother with those in particular. Once you've scrounged enough aluminium for an MV electrolyzer, you can eletrolyze clay dust (strip mine a hardened clay biome) for functionally infinite amounts. Also, like half of the esoteric compound materials in the game process into some parts aluminium later on.

Hell, my multiblock miner on Mars generates drawerloads of red granite dust, which electrolyzes into some aluminium. I had to make a dedicated EBF to munch on it over time.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
How is it a timesink? You don't have to crossbreed to get them since you get some oreberries from an early quest, and planting oreberries gets the oreberry plant. You just plant the initial 8 or so oreberries, harvest them when they're at 3/4, and plant what you harvested until you've filled out the farm space you've dug out. Keep harvesting at 3/4 and you get a steady amount of aluminum.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Speaking of oreberry harvesting, is there any way to guarantee I get a drop of berries when i right click to harvest? I noticed there seems to be a 50% chance or so that the bush actually harvests when right clicking with an empty hand. I might've missed something though.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

FPzero posted:

Speaking of oreberry harvesting, is there any way to guarantee I get a drop of berries when i right click to harvest? I noticed there seems to be a 50% chance or so that the bush actually harvests when right clicking with an empty hand. I might've missed something though.

I'm fairly sure if you place the relevant metal block under so they can grow to 4/4 it drops berries more often. Don't worry about it, you're not doing anything wrong.
The only big screwup you can make with IC2 crops is trying to use the spade to right-click crops to get seed bags. The base chance is much lower if you do that, but it supposedly ignores plant growth stage so you could use it to get seed bags at stage 1 without waiting for it to grow. At max or near max(1 below? I don't know the formulas), you're better off left-clicking.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 8, 2021

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

How is it a timesink? You don't have to crossbreed to get them since you get some oreberries from an early quest, and planting oreberries gets the oreberry plant. You just plant the initial 8 or so oreberries, harvest them when they're at 3/4, and plant what you harvested until you've filled out the farm space you've dug out. Keep harvesting at 3/4 and you get a steady amount of aluminum.

You have to dig out the farm and check it regularly and manually harvest it for a tiny amount of aluminium. It's a timesink because once you get 8 bars worth (or maybe 1-2 more, I forget if the MV electrolyzer has like motors or w/e in its recipe), you unlock a much faster method of aluminium production.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

:\Users\[your name here]\Twitch\Minecraft\Instances\GT New Horizons\mods

delete the Infernal Mobs .jar

:\Users\[your name here]\Twitch\Minecraft\Instances\GT New Horizons\config\GregTech\gregtech.cfg

change whatever booleans you want to change under "machines"; ctrl-f for rain_causes_explosions

e: poo poo, just realised i moved from twitch to the overwolf client. you might have stuff in a different location. just search for gregtech.cfg to get the location i guess

So uh, it keeps re-installing infernal mobs when I boot the pack up, how the hell do I keep it from doing that

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You have to dig out the farm and check it regularly and manually harvest it for a tiny amount of aluminium. It's a timesink because once you get 8 bars worth (or maybe 1-2 more, I forget if the MV electrolyzer has like motors or w/e in its recipe), you unlock a much faster method of aluminium production.

Did you miss the part where scaling it up is absolutely trivial? You don't really have to check it regularly if you've scaled it up properly, just do it whenever you feel like getting some aluminum. Like, sure, digging out hardened clay is better because it gets you stuff other than aluminum and it's sure faster to get done all at once, but you might not be able to find any near your base, and you can process aluminum oreberries fast enough by pushing them through a smeltery to condense them before macerating.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What’s the new hotness in quest based mod packs?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What’s the new hotness in quest based mod packs?

The best pack out right now is my pack of course

quote:

Escape from Raxla
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hikkgk04toywmko/Escape+from+Raxla.zip/file
Make sure you select "Lost Cities" and "Raxla" when you make a new world!

SugarAddict even set up a server for it, my friend and I were playing all last night. Any goons who want to join us to help craft the portal to escape Raxla are welcome to join!

72.46.131.114:25596

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Rutibex posted:

The best pack out right now is my pack of course

SugarAddict even set up a server for it, my friend and I were playing all last night. Any goons who want to join us to help craft the portal to escape Raxla are welcome to join!

72.46.131.114:25596

Cool is it on some flavor of launcher?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Cool is it on some flavor of launcher?

Yup its set up for MultiMC just drag the zip into the launcher

https://multimc.org/#Download

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ladies and gentlemen, I come with great tidings. The beginning of a new era of minecraft modding.

Better Than Wolves, noted animal sex harness having mod, is now open source.

http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9863

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Animal sex harness?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

OgNar posted:

Animal sex harness?

http://sargunster.com/btw/index.php?title=Breeding_Harness

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's a very good and useful item but boy i wish it wasn't that

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

quote:

A Cow with a Breeding Harness cannot be Milked

Why the gently caress not? What a weird mod.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mods posted:

unable to move or kick but still very able to breed

hmm

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Reminds me of the K.C. Green comic with the whizzard

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Trying to understand what this ore finder means is trying my patience. "casserite sand, 27" Ok? Does that mean it's 27 chunks away?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Trying to understand what this ore finder means is trying my patience. "casserite sand, 27" Ok? Does that mean it's 27 chunks away?

I think that means 27 units in your chunk. Right click without looking at a block to bring up the ore map and see if you're standing on a chunk with that and garnet sand.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I think that means 27 units in your chunk. Right click without looking at a block to bring up the ore map and see if you're standing on a chunk with that and garnet sand.

Cool, that worked. New question: How do I drain my cresote into a multiblock tank? I'm using large bronze pipes, should I be using something else?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Cool, that worked. New question: How do I drain my cresote into a multiblock tank? I'm using large bronze pipes, should I be using something else?

GT pipes can't pull fluid from tanks or machines on their own. In order to get the fluid out automatically, you have three options.

A) Make an LV electric pump, and attach it to the pipe on the side touching the coke oven. You'll get a wireframe when you look at the pipe with the pump in your hand that lets you attach it to any block face while facing any direction. This also works while holding a wrench to connect or disconnect any side of the pipe to/from machines or other pipes.
Once deployed, shift-right-click the pump with an empty hand and configure it to Import. Despite being an "electric pump", it works without power forever. If you screw it up, you can hold a GT crowbar and right click the relevant part of the wireframe to yank the pump off of the pipe. GT crowbars have blue handles; red ones (Railcraft) do not work.
You need one pump per coke oven. There can be multiple pumps on a single pipe.

2) Make a seared faucet, attach it to the coke oven, and put the pipe underneath it, then rig up some kind of redstone clock (vanilla or block form) to repeatedly trigger it.

iii) Acquire enderIO fluid conduits from a loot game or dungeon chest. You can ration these by having a single one pull from two coke ovens and output into a GT pipe.

Railcraft multiblock tanks auto output from a valve block in the center of their bottom face, and will output to a GT pipe. Good for steam.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Nope, gregtech pipes work fine, just slap an lv pump (the item one, made from electric motor, rubber rings, rotor) on the face that's in contact with the coke ovens and use a screwdriver to put it in input mode. I'm pretty sure you can use wooden pipes if you want to save on bronze. You shouldn't need the throughput or temp/gas capabilities of bronze pipes.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Newer Create stuff.
Has built in setup examples now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kdQD_gYbdY

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
o, how do I get redstone? I have a bunch of ore, but it won't go through the furnace.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Mycroft Holmes posted:

o, how do I get redstone? I have a bunch of ore, but it won't go through the furnace.

Gotta smash it with a hammer. You can use the hammer tool or forge hammer, but you get a better yield in the macerator. You then turn the crushed ore to dust with a hammer (forge hammer does the same thing without durability loss), then wash the dust by tossing the stack into a cauldron with water. This works for any ore - crushed ore - impure dust - dust chain. Later you can use various machines to get different materials in small amounts by treating each of these stages in a different way.

Pretty sure all of this is explained in the quest descriptions. They are pretty informative up through steam and LV, and they kind of drop off after that.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mycroft Holmes posted:

You'll probably need to macerate it twice, then clean it by physically throwing it a stack at a time into a vanilla cauldron with water in it.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Would love to play around with Create, are there any modpacks that make use of it that are decent?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You'll probably need to macerate it twice, then clean it by physically throwing it a stack at a time into a vanilla cauldron with water in it.

Yeah but you can't make a macerator without redstone because you need red alloy for pistons. Your initial redstone has to come from breaking the ore blocks with the Gregtech Hammer (or loot).

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Guessing these new changes to all ores being affected by fortune in Vanilla are going to cause an impact with ore doubling up to quadrupling in mods.
They will either have to make it a % chance or there will just be a huge amount of iron from 1.17 on up.

Also want to see what any mods that use copper will do with the addition of vanilla copper and its color changes.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
ugh, trying to find endermen is a chore. Any ideas where I can find some to kill?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mycroft Holmes posted:

ugh, trying to find endermen is a chore. Any ideas where I can find some to kill?

What I did before I unlocked The End was to fence off an area outside my base and light it up. Then, once it was dark, I'd go out into the fenced in area, and use the minimap to find endermen nearby. Once I got a rough direction of where it was, I'd scan the horizon with a level gaze and try to aggro them from afar. Kill, rinse, repeat.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I built a 2x2x2 railcraft solid fuel boiler but it won't form. Any ideas?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I built a 2x2x2 railcraft solid fuel boiler but it won't form. Any ideas?

Try just one layer of fireboxes?

https://feed-the-beast.fandom.com/wiki/Steam_Boiler

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Unrelated, but you can bind a key to open the quest book and not carry it around with you. The default is backtick `.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
How do you get stone dust? I used a hammer on stone, but that just gave me cobble. Cobble gives me gravel, gravel sand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Macerator, or mine small ores. Wash dirty stone dust in a cauldron by dropping it in